Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

The day before Sylvia originally posted this Snapshot 4, she posted a snippet of a scene involving Brett, Eva, Cary, Ireland .... and of course, Gideon ... in Times Square. I remember how crazy we all went -- very, very clever -- we thought the snippet was part of a scene to come in Chapter 4. HAH!!! That full scene comes later.

I thought it was a great diversion, and personally it set me up for fast page-turning the very first time I read Chapter 4. Chapter 3 ended with the cliffhanger of Eva getting called at work by Brett .... I was thinking, "OMG, is something with Brett going to happen tonight, after all the tender re-union stuff between Gideon and Eva last night and this morning?!!! Say it isn't so -- they just got back together!!!"

The possibility cranked up the plot tension considerably for me. Well played, Sylvia -- well played indeed!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key quote in this chapter, from Cary (page 48) "You should've said no ... No is no, baby girl. Not that difficult."

Cary's right. Eva has no business agreeing to see Brett when was still so broken-hearted and confused over her relationship with Gideon having imploded weeks before (and as far as Cary knew, was still some pile of ashes.)

Cary surprised me here. I came away from Reflected firmly convinced he was on Team Brett .... determined to help Eva get over Gideon by getting under Brett.

Of the various pet theories I'd had going into Entwined, I got some right, some half-right ... and some wrong, including the Team Brett one. I ordered the crow pie special last night when a bunch of us went out to dinner at Tableau One. And alas, I didn't get lucky with my date, Raul, either. But I did get to ride in the DB9 .... his boss let him borrow it for the evening. ;) ;) !!!

Seriously, though -- just when I thought I had Cary figured out, he goes and does something unexpected but very sweet and very much having Baby Girl's back -- reminding her she can't handle casual sex, given her issues. Sex has to mean something to Eva ... " ... that's why you get so f***** up when you just give it away." (page 49).

It went right back to Eva's original negotiating position with Gideon. With Gideon, it had been overwhelming l u s t at first sight, even though something deeper connected the first time he and Eva looked into one another's eyes. Sylvia has indicated in past interviews  the point at which Gideon fell in love was when they made love in the limo. Prior to that, he was going into the situation looking for some sort of extended one-night stand. But the Eva I first met in Bared to You refused to settle in life for anything less than Friends with Benefits. She needed respect and trust before she'd go to bed with a guy, and it's why she fended off Gideon's first crude attempts to get her under him as soon as possible.

TECH QUESTION

Kirsten, what should I do to post my jpg file from my computer to this forum?

Thank you.

Good morning, Andie!!!

Have you got a Soduku puzzle coming for us? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to post it over in the main "SPOILERS" thread so we can discuss the entire big picture there. Or you could even create a special thread just for that, which would be cool in it's own way, given how cleverly you weave in the Penguin countdown pictures. In this one thread, this morning we're going only as far as Chapter 4.

Alas, I don't know how to incorporate a PDF. Kirsten is our resident computer wizard. She should apply for a job at Cross Industries, she should.

Ln that sum's up chapter 4 for me

Cary: You should have said No babygirl, No means No, Not that difficult.!!

Good morning, Mrs. C!

Cary's Just Say No comment was the most important -- shows just how much progress he too made with Dr. Travis.

Picking my favorite line, however, was what her sexy new neighbor said when he answered the door, "Christ ... You look amazing. Next time warn me before I open the door."

Oh baby!

Favorite quote chapter 3:

"I hate to freak you out," I muttered between desperate kisses, "but you've got it real bad for me."

I like that one to.. But somehow Cary comment is going to bite Eva right in her Arse

Good morning, Mrs. C!

Cary's Just Say No comment was the most important -- shows just how much progress he too made with Dr. Travis.

Picking my favorite line, however, was what her sexy new neighbor said when he answered the door, "Christ ... You look amazing. Next time warn me before I open the door."

Oh baby!

Morning ** Waves** that was a good line also..'n yes Cary is growing IMO..!!

My favourite lines today are

"Christ ". He growled. "You look amazing,. Next time warn me before I open the door." I smiled. "Hello, Dark and Dangerous." Rawr!

Seriously. The very end of Chapter 4 made it impossible for me to take any sort of break. Gideon floored by Eva looking hot and her teasing him ... oh I could see where that was headed ....

I wanted to jump into Chapter 5 like Gideon and Eva obviously wanted to jump one another's bones right then and there.

Seriously. The very end of Chapter 4 made it impossible for me to take any sort of break. Gideon floored by Eva looking hot and her teasing him ... oh I could see where that was headed ....

I wanted to jump into Chapter 5 like Gideon and Eva obviously wanted to jump one another's bones right then and there.

I'm reading the book for a fourth time.

So hard not to keep going when the chapters end. I'm surprised he didn't take her in the hallway!! Phew!! To h e l l with the neighbours. Showtime!!

I think that this chapter showed Eva the lengths that Gideon had went to make her safe and answered her why he had done some of the things he had done.  Getting mad for her walking to work, how the stain got on his shirt sleeve. "All the times I had almost hated him for being an a**hole he had been keeping me safe from Nathan"

"I hate to freak you out, but you've got it bad for me"

It was definitely a wake up call for Eva.

I'm loving the growing relationship between Eva and Mark. She is actually mothering him and Megumi in her own way. All her past issues teaching her how to move on, which she is now imparting on others. She has learnt well, but still has far to go.

I loved this chapter (I say that about every chapter but I can't help it.)

Like everyone my heart broke when Gideon told Eva that he had an apartment next door.  I knew that leaving Eva hurt Gideon but I can't imagine him being next door.  So close and yet so far away.  When he said "It ripped me apart seeing how hurt and angry you were. Knowing I was causing you pain and that you were pulling away from me...It was ###### for us both, but I couldn't take the risk that you might become a suspect."  I sighed.  It must have taken so much control for Gideon to hold back night after night. 

And when the light went on for Eva that he was protecting her completely and that he was continuing to protect her must have released a tremendous burden from her. 

When Eva sank to the floor Gideon immediately thought she was angry because he was following her.  When, in fact, it was all becoming clear to her the danger she was in from Nathan and all that Gideon did to protect her.

One question I had in this chapter is did Eva accept the "girls night out" request because she still wasn't solid with what happened between her and Gideon?  She could have said she couldn't because of other plans.  She knew a night out would include looking for a rebound guy.  I know whe wanted to support her friend but Megumi has other friends including her roommate.

I hated that the chapter ended by re-introducing Brett Kline.  I just don't like what this means for the future.

Honestly i'm not worried about Brett Kline. In the end this is Eva and Gideon's love story:)

Broke my heart when Gideon said that at times he couldn't stand being by himself. Wondering what he would do if not have s*x with whoever he brought to the f#*k pad.

"There was a time when I couldn't stand to be alone with myself, but didn't want to talk. I didn't want to even think, let alone feel anything. I needed the distraction of focusing on someone else, and using my d##k was too much involvement. Can you understand that?"

So focusing on someone else I think thats where all the toys came as he didn't wanna use his TOOL.

Same here.... Just wanted to give him a big hug

Chapter 1

"I feel like my fu*king sanity depends on you, Eva , and you want me to be happy about that"

Chapter 2

"Eva. Let me..." He cupped my face, licking deep into my mouth. "Let me love you"

Chapter 3

Gideons fingertips glided softly down my cheek. "You were with me. The whole time. There wasn't a second that passed when you weren't on my mind. You own me, Eva. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I belong to you."

I must admit I love these ones as well Julie but LN I loved the phrase about the Neighbour and boyfriend as well :P

I loved this chapter (I say that about every chapter but I can't help it.)

Like everyone my heart broke when Gideon told Eva that he had an apartment next door.  I knew that leaving Eva hurt Gideon but I can't imagine him being next door.  So close and yet so far away.  When he said "It ripped me apart seeing how hurt and angry you were. Knowing I was causing you pain and that you were pulling away from me...It was ###### for us both, but I couldn't take the risk that you might become a suspect."  I sighed.  It must have taken so much control for Gideon to hold back night after night. 

And when the light went on for Eva that he was protecting her completely and that he was continuing to protect her must have released a tremendous burden from her. 

When Eva sank to the floor Gideon immediately thought she was angry because he was following her.  When, in fact, it was all becoming clear to her the danger she was in from Nathan and all that Gideon did to protect her.

One question I had in this chapter is did Eva accept the "girls night out" request because she still wasn't solid with what happened between her and Gideon?  She could have said she couldn't because of other plans.  She knew a night out would include looking for a rebound guy.  I know whe wanted to support her friend but Megumi has other friends including her roommate.

I hated that the chapter ended by re-introducing Brett Kline.  I just don't like what this means for the future.

I thought she agreed with Gideon's demands on the "girls night out" because she wanted to please him and make him not worry about her on a night out especially after everything he had done for her with Nathan and because she finally realised how much he had done for her to keep her safe 

Ln that sum's up chapter 4 for me

Cary: You should have said No babygirl, No means No, Not that difficult.!!

This still confuses me.  I don't understand why Eva has such a hard time saying no to Brett.  I get she was subconsciously trying to make Gideon feel her pain when she kissed him but . . .

She advises Gideon to cut ties/calls with Corinne; Eva takes calls from Brett

She hates seeing Gideon with Corinne; Eva agrees to see Brett.  Doesn't she think that will hurt Gideon? 

And so on...

Key quote in this chapter, from Cary (page 48) "You should've said no ... No is no, baby girl. Not that difficult."

Cary's right. Eva has no business agreeing to see Brett when was still so broken-hearted and confused over her relationship with Gideon having imploded weeks before (and as far as Cary knew, was still some pile of ashes.)

Cary surprised me here. I came away from Reflected firmly convinced he was on Team Brett .... determined to help Eva get over Gideon by getting under Brett.

Of the various pet theories I'd had going into Entwined, I got some right, some half-right ... and some wrong, including the Team Brett one. I ordered the crow pie special last night when a bunch of us went out to dinner at Tableau One. And alas, I didn't get lucky with my date, Raul, either. But I did get to ride in the DB9 .... his boss let him borrow it for the evening. ;) ;) !!!

Seriously, though -- just when I thought I had Cary figured out, he goes and does something unexpected but very sweet and very much having Baby Girl's back -- reminding her she can't handle casual sex, given her issues. Sex has to mean something to Eva ... " ... that's why you get so f***** up when you just give it away." (page 49).

It went right back to Eva's original negotiating position with Gideon. With Gideon, it had been overwhelming l u s t at first sight, even though something deeper connected the first time he and Eva looked into one another's eyes. Sylvia has indicated in past interviews  the point at which Gideon fell in love was when they made love in the limo. Prior to that, he was going into the situation looking for some sort of extended one-night stand. But the Eva I first met in Bared to You refused to settle in life for anything less than Friends with Benefits. She needed respect and trust before she'd go to bed with a guy, and it's why she fended off Gideon's first crude attempts to get her under him as soon as possible.

I agree LN and I also was glad that Cary did not turn out to be on brett's side after he could tell that Eva was still madly in love with Gideon so was really pleased that Cary was on Eva's side.

I loved it (sorry cannot remember exact wording), "if there is a brawl over you I am watching from the bleachers" it was just so Cary and I loved it :)

I thought she agreed with Gideon's demands on the "girls night out" because she wanted to please him and make him not worry about her on a night out especially after everything he had done for her with Nathan and because she finally realised how much he had done for her to keep her safe 

She accepted Gideon's demands after she agreed to the night out.  I like the way the evening ended.  It just surprised me that she wanted to support her friend before she wanted to support Gideon and spend time with him.  Regardless the nightclub s e x scene was one of my favorites so I'm happy she went. 

I liked how Eva said something to Gideon about the invite from Brett to attend the video showing. And how she said she could cancel. I also like how Gideon made arrangements for the limo, circuit of his clubs and security, and how Eva was ok with everything.

I liked how Eva said something to Gideon about the invite from Brett to attend the video showing. And how she said she could cancel. I also like how Gideon made arrangements for the limo, circuit of his clubs and security, and how Eva was ok with everything.

You're right I forgot she offered to cancel.  I guess that is something.

She accepted Gideon's demands after she agreed to the night out.  I like the way the evening ended.  It just surprised me that she wanted to support her friend before she wanted to support Gideon and spend time with him.  Regardless the nightclub s e x scene was one of my favorites so I'm happy she went. 

I was surprised with that also Sharon but I think she needs a girls night out and like we all know Eva would do anything for anyone and I think now she was a bit more secure with Gideon and knows that he loves her she needs to spend time with the other friends