Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Gabri

Your back, Yay, I thought the bank man had whisked you away for no holds barred Italian S E X in the back of a limo - :P

It wasn't a limo..... a boat, actually. ;)

I went for a walk downtown late this afternoon, secretly hoping that I might run into him again.... but no show ladies.

I always have my mob... phone, I said phone, with me

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for a walk downtown late this afternoon, secretly hoping that I might run into him again.... but no show ladies.

Keep trying Gabri

Patience is a virtue. :)

Has anybody seen my little donkey????

I've got plenty of carrots but he still hasn't show up.

I need by paper book so bad.

I'm reading on my kindle, but I don't like it at all!!!

He has been to me and insideclouds, your the next stop!

Gideup little donkey.!

Chapter five was great.  But Gideon is a contradiction in terms.  When Eva was explaining the towels as a gift to him she said "me all hot and sweaty and desparate for you"  "ummm a fantasy I indulge in often"  then she said "do you think about me when you get yourself off?  he replied " I don't mas***te".  then later he said, "before you"  I stroked off every time  I took a shower, it was as much a part of my ritual as washing my hair" Pg 55.  Now aren't these two things the same?  if that is not mas****ting I don't know what is.   then she fusses at him for making her look like a sex maniac and my favorite quote  "If you don't like it, grow a gut or stop showering or something"  "or just say not, Gideon".

BTW  Gideon didn't use "elizabeth's* ring for Corrine's engagement ring, he went to a store and bought the first one she saw. 

any comments?

Chapter five was great.  But Gideon is a contradiction in terms.  When Eva was explaining the towels as a gift to him she said "me all hot and sweaty and desparate for you"  "ummm a fantasy I indulge in often"  then she said "do you think about me when you get yourself off?  he replied " I don't mas***te".  then later he said, "before you"  I stroked off every time  I took a shower, it was as much a part of my ritual as washing my hair" Pg 55.  Now aren't these two things the same?  if that is not mas****ting I don't know what is.   then she fusses at him for making her look like a sex maniac and my favorite quote  "If you don't like it, grow a gut or stop showering or something"  "or just say not, Gideon".

BTW  Gideon didn't use "elizabeth's* ring for Corrine's engagement ring, he went to a store and bought the first one she saw. 

any comments?

Gideon really has some weird concepts of what constitutes sexual activity

1. He took women to the f*** pad on average twice a week, but as long as he stuck to using toys on them instead of using his "tool" it didn't count as sex. Um, Gideon -- all those women counted.
  2. He admitted to bleeding off his libido by stroking off in the shower each morning, but that doesn't count as mast******? So what exactly did count as the M-word?

I think I can understand his odd standard regarding # 2 as having to do with his deep trauma issues. Not to say the guy's name yet -- because we're only on chapter 5 and his identify comes up later .... but from what Gideon had told Eva during their car-ride talk the day before Reflected ended, the abuser used mast******* as his opening gambit for manipulating Gideon, telling the kid hormones were to blame for the anger, and mast****** would fix the problem. Then he convinced Gideon that he was doing it "wrong" and so the abuser showed him the "right" way. It's how the hand jobs started.

I wonder whether #1 also has to do with the trauma issues. Gideon's abuser, he explained in Reflected, forced him to come every single time, the guy's way of manipulating his child victim into thinking he (Gideon) "wanted" it. So perhaps Gideon, when he began engaging in consensual activity as an adult, decided that if he didn't "come" with the woman, the encounter didn't count as sex.

What I loved about the love Gideon and Eva made in this chapter is that Eva set a role-playing situation that gave Gideon the experience of what an ordinary young guy would have: new woman he's seeing, has her over to his place for the first time, wondering whether it's the night they'll have sex for the first time -- how far will he get to go that first time (i.e. is he going to get really lucky by getting laid, or will they stick to kissing/petting that first time.) It's the sort of thing Gideon ought to have experienced, had life not damaged his sexual psyche and had he not ended up some hot celebrity billionaire who had women throwing themselves at him. 

Gideon really has some weird concepts of what constitutes sexual activity

1. He took women to the f*** pad on average twice a week, but as long as he stuck to using toys on them instead of using his "tool" it didn't count as sex. Um, Gideon -- all those women counted.
  2. He admitted to bleeding off his libido by stroking off in the shower each morning, but that doesn't count as mast******? So what exactly did count as the M-word?

I think I can understand his odd standard regarding # 2 as having to do with his deep trauma issues. Not to say the guy's name yet -- because we're only on chapter 5 and his identify comes up later .... but from what Gideon had told Eva during their car-ride talk the day before Reflected ended, the abuser used mast******* as his opening gambit for manipulating Gideon, telling the kid hormones were to blame for the anger, and mast****** would fix the problem. Then he convinced Gideon that he was doing it "wrong" and so the abuser showed him the "right" way. It's how the hand jobs started.

I wonder whether #1 also has to do with the trauma issues. Gideon's abuser, he explained in Reflected, forced him to come every single time, the guy's way of manipulating his child victim into thinking he (Gideon) "wanted" it. So perhaps Gideon, when he began engaging in consensual activity as an adult, decided that if he didn't "come" with the woman, the encounter didn't count as sex.

What I loved about the love Gideon and Eva made in this chapter is that Eva set a role-playing situation that gave Gideon the experience of what an ordinary young guy would have: new woman he's seeing, has her over to his place for the first time, wondering whether it's the night they'll have sex for the first time -- how far will he get to go that first time (i.e. is he going to get really lucky by getting laid, or will they stick to kissing/petting that first time.) It's the sort of thing Gideon ought to have experienced, had life not damaged his sexual psyche and had he not ended up some hot celebrity billionaire who had women throwing themselves at him. 

Yes, he "doesn't know the meaning of is... is  (hahaha)

Well Gideon doesn't know the definition of break-up either.

Sends his brand-new girlfriend a Dear Jane note via interoffice envelope and doesn't call her for four days, but still thinks they never "broke up" and he was just waiting for her to come back. Um gee, Gideon, we know women chase you, stalk you -- so you just naturally assume it's never over. Took you four days to figure out Eva thought it most certainly was over forever.

Distances the love of his life by being cold and cruel to her, starts very publicly dating his former fiancee, gets an agonizing phone call for now ex-girlfriend, doesn't contact her in any way for 8 days after being called a coward and a cheater (OK, so he couldn't call or see her, but that's beside the point) but firmly believes it's not over? Um, Gideon .... she was already moving on. It took a bad weekend of wake-up calls (from her ex-boyfriend giving an interview to her getting a sexy make over) for you to figure out she likely wasn't going to be single much longer. 

any comments?

It shows how much he was into getting engaged...NOT.

any comments?

Technically speaking, they are the same. But they are quite different emotionally.

When you ma******te, you indulge in pleasurable sensations, while what Gedeon describes is simply scratching an itch!!

I took it as he meant " I don't mastar**** anymore" as in since he met Eva he no longer does it. He always says about his sem** that "every drop is hers" which makes me think he regards it as sacred now he is with Eva! He also says the only time he got himself off since he met her was when he was in the shower with her!

Before he met Eva it was just a normal daily function for him but now he views all forms of se.x.u.a.l actIvity as sacred!

Does that make sense?

I took it as he meant " I don't mastar**** anymore" as in since he met Eva he no longer does it. He always says about his sem** that "every drop is hers" which makes me think he regards it as sacred now he is with Eva! He also says the only time he got himself off since he met her was when he was in the shower with her!

Before he met Eva it was just a normal daily function for him but now he views all forms of se.x.u.a.l actIvity as sacred!

Does that make sense?

Perfect sense. That's exactly what I thought he meant too :)

Does that make sense?

I totally agree with you. I understood it that he doesn't do "it" anymore since Eva is in his life.

Oh get you on a boat, way to go Gabri LOL ;)

It would be quicker if I sent you a copy from over here, let me know if you want me to do that, not a problem, you need your paperback book :)

Well Gideon doesn't know the definition of break-up either.

Sends his brand-new girlfriend a Dear Jane note via interoffice envelope and doesn't call her for four days, but still thinks they never "broke up" and he was just waiting for her to come back. Um gee, Gideon, we know women chase you, stalk you -- so you just naturally assume it's never over. Took you four days to figure out Eva thought it most certainly was over forever.

Distances the love of his life by being cold and cruel to her, starts very publicly dating his former fiancee, gets an agonizing phone call for now ex-girlfriend, doesn't contact her in any way for 8 days after being called a coward and a cheater (OK, so he couldn't call or see her, but that's beside the point) but firmly believes it's not over? Um, Gideon .... she was already moving on. It took a bad weekend of wake-up calls (from her ex-boyfriend giving an interview to her getting a sexy make over) for you to figure out she likely wasn't going to be single much longer. 

I sometimes feel sorry for Gideon in that he has never really had a steady relationship and I can't imagine that the relationship with Corrine was as intense as he had with Eva to begin with and probably Corrine excepted him not calling, after all they were in College and studying so they probably could go a couple of days with no contact so probably Gideon feels that this was normal for couples so never for 1 minute thought that Eva would think they were over as he didn't.

I also think that he felt that Eva would not think it was over because she knew he loved her so much and that she loved him and that was all that was keeping him going at time and what drove him to kill Nathan, his love for Eva and wanting to keep her safe, she was everything to him. 

chapter-six.jpg

On we go with our deep-dive into one chapter per day. How it works:

1. We're trying to avoid mentioning anything that happens beyond today's chapter. The idea behind sticking to just the chapter -- plus anything coming before it -- is that fans still reading the novel can start talking about early chapters without coming across stuff from later in the book they haven't read for themselves yet, stuff that might spoil surprises of what's to come - "spoilers".
  2. Pick a favorite quote or paragraph -- oh h e c k pick plenty: it's so hard to choose sometimes. Sylvia started the pick a quote (or paragraph) system when she started the group effort to re-read one chapter per day of Bared to You and Reflected in You.
  3. Have fun!!! (That's the real easy part!)

Hi All

I loved this scene, Eva was so tender with Gideon and he felt it and knew how much she cared for him just by washing his nightmare away.

I loved the whole chapter I think my favourite part was when Gideon said

"I have never thought of men in that way but the fact that you would accept me if I did means more to me" or words to that effect, sorry I don't have the book or my IPad with me (I know terrible I am but I have the directors coming to work today so thought best to leave it at home LOL)

I feel this meant so much to Gideon and it showed to me how much closer the two of them are and how they are growing together.

xx

Good morning to you too!

I love this chapter, as you say, they are having a bit of fun.

I glad you explained the baseball analogies, I have heard about them, not fully explained though.

See I have missed your explanations. Thank you.

See Harry Potter taught your a thing or two! Suck face is so much better than snogging. :)

I'm back:) I like the term snagging, ever since I read hp!! I really loved this chapter... they just got to be two people in love.

It would be quicker if I sent you a copy from over here, let me know if you want me to do that, not a problem, you need your paperback book :)

Thank you so much :)

my copy is only 5 days away by now...

[LN Cronan, thank you *hugs* It worked! I did it!! *happy dance*]

Hi, ladies

I'm still on #TeamDelayedGratification *wink* I've been stalking the spoiler threads and really can't wait to revisit and revise the complete four charts of my Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo theory. I'm afraid we have to be patient for the guy at the bookstore's asking for my understanding that sometimes it's gonna take a while to get the book.

Just to keep me connected with this forum, I've made something Crossfiristic that I'd like to share with all of you. I was inspired by one of my favorite book blogs [sylvia RT-ed the book blog, btw]. The blogger has created awesome pic quotes, but mine's rather personal *wink*

So, here's Crossfiristic #1 for you amazing ladies:

"The Song"   Photographed and created by Andie    June 2013     Posted on sylviaday(dot)net

PS: That's my guitar. No, I'm not a musician. I only play several random notes to produce some audible-ish sounds *LOL* I've been wondering about the melody of the song and Brett's intonation in saying "Eva" The voice of fallen angel... Hmmm... [yep, I previously planned to post this for Chapter 4, but luckily LN Cronan just taught me the how-to]

Ah, well. I have the pic in my Reply box, but it doesn't show up in my posting. HAHA! I think it only works for text. Thank you, LN Cronan. I'll use your tips for my charts. Now I know how to copy paste the charts from Word document.

Does that make sense?

Well said and I also agree!!