Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love each and every one of the sexy times between them. Hold on.... actually, I don't like Gideon's revenge f*ck in RIY. Whe he says "It's not about you...." He might have had good reasons to feel like he did, but I really hated his making Eva feel debased.

I love in this chapter when all of a sudden he catches Eva off guard and says he needs her to ask those questions that she needs the answers to; he is so overwhelmed at this point with his love for Eva, the uncertainty of their future, the incredible sexual experience and of course he is just HAPPY for the first time in his entire life ; he needs to hold onto this angel forever because VERY SOON he is going to ask her THE QUESTION and he needs that answer to be YES!!!

I also love in this chapter how he handles the fact that essentially, Eva's kinda, sorta, letting her "friend" an ex-lover take her out to dinner under circumstances that will make everyone assume they're out on their first public date getting back together. Going to dinner at the same place Gideon took his "friend" ex-love to dinner under circumstances that made everyone assume they were on out on their first date getting back together.

Old Gideon: would have gotten really jealous

New Gideon:

1. The thing he'd done the week before that got Eva to "wait" (instead of possibly giving Brett the second shot Brett wanted) was to finally start to open up about the sex abuse. So now Gideon opened up entirely, letting Eva ask whatever she wanted -- he was willing to answer anything.
  2. Asked Eva to move in with him -- making it clear that his ultimate goal is marriage, but in the meantime, he plans to end her secret "waiting" period and openly declare he's getting back together with her.
  3. Proposed a plan to make the very first public move later that day (well, evening, really) by approaching Eva at a high-profile event (in front of Brett as a two-fer).
  4. Added as part of the plan taking her out for a lunch date the following day at a place people associated with them as a couple (Bryant Park).
  5. Oh and yeah -- crash the dinner date in order to make sure no one thinks Brett won.

Er, Gideon, let's see -- you went out to dinner with your ex, and Eva countered by going out to lunch with her ex. Now Eva plans to go out to dinner with her ex, so you're planning to go out to lunch with Eva. A bit ironic here -- ya think? 

I also love in this chapter how he handles the fact that essentially, Eva's kinda, sorta, letting her "friend" an ex-lover take her out to dinner under circumstances that will make everyone assume they're out on their first public date getting back together. Going to dinner at the same place Gideon took his "friend" ex-love to dinner under circumstances that made everyone assume they were on out on their first date getting back together.

Old Gideon: would have gotten really jealous

New Gideon:

• The thing he'd done the week before that got Eva to "wait" (instead of possibly giving Brett the second shot Brett wanted) was to finally start to open up about the sex abuse. So now Gideon opened up entirely, letting Eva ask whatever she wanted -- he was willing to answer anything.
  • Asked Eva to move in with him -- making it clear that his ultimate goal is marriage, but in the meantime, he plans to end her secret "waiting" period and openly declare he's getting back together with her.
  • Proposed a plan to make the very first public move later that day (well, evening, really) by approaching Eva at a high-profile event (in front of Brett as a two-fer).
  • Added as part of the plan taking her out for a lunch date the following day at a place people associated with them as a couple (Bryant Park).
  • Oh and yeah -- crash the dinner date in order to make

sure no one thinks Brett won.

Er, Gideon, let's see -- you went out to dinner with your ex, and Eva countered by going out to lunch with her ex. Now Eva plans to go out to dinner with her ex, so you're planning to go out to lunch with Eva. A bit ironic here -- ya think?

I know we love to love Gideon but it is fun to see him all tangled up in knots over little Eva and out of control!! LOL. :)

1003885_658684584157791_211882855_n.jpg

Good night Ladies

sweet dreams!!!

Looking at him puts me in the 'right mood'........ to sleep.

Hopefully, I'll dream of him.........

You know re-reading this chapter, one of the things that struck me was how physically attracted Eva still is to Brett. It's really not just a question of making Gideon jealous. She's really is drawn to Brett, even if it's mostly physically. Just read her description of him on the last couple pf pages of chapter 16 when she's coming out of the apt to meet him. And there are other similar descriptions by her.

One of the things I find most appealing about Eva is how she makes no bones about her appetites - for food, looking at hot guys, and of course s*x with a capital S. It's very rare, in my reading, to find a heroine willing to admit to those things, and it really makes me appreciate Sylvia as an author. It's interesting to contrast Eva and Gideon that way - Eva is the only one who has her effect on him - I could never imagine him after Corinne or other women in any of the ways he does with Eva. And it's often so angsty (is that a word?) for him. I love the way Eva just enjoys her pleasures so thoroughly. It's a good thing for Eva that Gideon doesn't seem to feel the same sort of urges. She'd be tearing up New York.

I don't mean to imply that Eva loves Gideon any the less because of the above. Of course there's a whole lot more to her feelings for him than the physical side. It's lovely too that the rapes and torture that she endured as a child didn't destroy that side of her. She fought back and keeps fighting. Sad that gideon had to do all his fighting back on his own. That said, Eva needs to say get thee behind me satan, and cut Brett off sharpish!

You know re-reading this chapter, one of the things that struck me was how physically attracted Eva still is to Brett. It's really not just a question of making Gideon jealous. She's really is drawn to Brett, even if it's mostly physically. Just read her description of him on the last couple pf pages of chapter 16 when she's coming out of the apt to meet him. And there are other similar descriptions by her.

One of the things I find most appealing about Eva is how she makes no bones about her appetites - for food, looking at hot guys, and of course s*x with a capital S. It's very rare, in my reading, to find a heroine willing to admit to those things, and it really makes me appreciate Sylvia as an author. It's interesting to contrast Eva and Gideon that way - Eva is the only one who has her effect on him - I could never imagine him ###### after Corinne or other women in any of the ways he does with Eva. And it's often so angsty (is that a word?) for him. I love the way Eva just enjoys her pleasures so thoroughly. It's a good thing for Eva that Gideon doesn't seem to feel the same sort of urges. She'd be tearing up New York.

I don't mean to imply that Eva loves Gideon any the less because of the above. Of course there's a whole lot more to her feelings for him than the physical side. It's lovely too that the rapes and torture that she endured as a child didn't destroy that side of her. She fought back and keeps fighting. Sad that gideon had to do all his fighting back on his own. That said, Eva needs to say get thee behind me satan, and cut Brett off sharpish!

I think it's a good thing that Eva consciously recognizes the strength of her physical attraction to Brett. Denying it and/or trying to suppress it is a recipe for trouble. Recognizing it for what it is helps her understand it's just physical and she does not have to act on it -- I think that helps to to avoid acting on it.

I think it's a good thing that Eva consciously recognizes the strength of her physical attraction to Brett. Denying it and/or trying to suppress it is a recipe for trouble. Recognizing it for what it is helps her understand it's just physical and she does not have to act on it -- I think that helps to to avoid acting on it.

Yes, I love how Eva is so self aware and doesn't try to gloss over her faults, feelings, or mistakes. That doesn't always mean she, corrects herself, however. I'd say she needs to go to the gym and run about 50 miles instead of going to California. That will improve both her love life and allow her to eat a few more tacos and then some zabaglione at Arnoldo's!

Yes, I love how Eva is so self aware and doesn't try to gloss over her faults, feelings, or mistakes. That doesn't always mean she, corrects herself, however. I'd say she needs to go to the gym and run about 50 miles instead of going to California. That will improve both her love life and allow her to eat a few more tacos and then some zabaglione at Arnoldo's!

I still can't figure out why she's all of a sudden worried about her b.u.t.t. because she'd noticeably lost weight during the two-plus weeks of the worst of the h.e.l.l.  It wasn't until week three got going that she got an appetite back.

He lost weight, too, she noticed when she had a rare opportunity at their love nest to look at him when he was fast asleep - she noticed it and new lines on his face.

I still can't figure out why she's all of a sudden worried about her b.u.t.t. because she'd noticeably lost weight during the two-plus weeks of the worst of the h.e.l.l.  It wasn't until week three got going that she got an appetite back.

He lost weight, too, she noticed when she had a rare opportunity at their love nest to look at him when he was fast asleep - she noticed it and new lines on his face.

That's one of the things I mentioned when we began our discussion. There's a lot of mention in EWY of her body and curvy she is and what not that I never saw in BTY and RIY 

Good afternoon ladies!!!!!!

Here are my picks from Chap.15

1) He was all things to me, everything I wanted and needed in one imperfect man.

2) I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh, and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breath the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you.

3) I'm happy with you, Eva. You make me happy.

4) Because it won't be long before I'm going to ask you a question, Eva. And I'm going to need you to give me the right answer.

4) He kissed me quiet anf f***ed me senseless.

5) Help. Need carbs.

Absolutely love # 2,3,4.

Is there a woman anywhere who doesn't think her b.u.tt.'s too big?

Thats what i think. We only have what Graves tells us she thinks happens. I wonder if we will ever find out how the deed was actually done.

That's was one of the ideas that I had thought originally if Gideon got Nathan to open the door somehow.   I hope we find out the details in either of next two books.  

Nothing was ever mentioned exactly. He could have picked it up from his fathers when released from the facility. His father then telling him he was disowning him. That's when he could have started looking for Eva , plotting his revenge.

HI Julie, 

I couldn't find the other posting but I was just wondering if when Monica mentioned the draining of the nest egg that  her's had been drained because of her second husband's  severe gambling problem. I say severe because it was mentioned that he was a "whale" which usually describes a gambler who bets large sums of money on each bet.

Could it be that Monica had to help pay off her second husbands' debts because he may have gotten into trouble with "loan sharks"?  Could it be that maybe Monica and her daughter's lives were in jeopardy because of her husbands' gambling habits?  What do  you think?  What does everyone think?

Details-02.jpg

Now I'll go to bed the happiest bunny ever! I don't need abs or biceps... I'm completely lost in that pair of blue eyes

I've been reading your posts and I love the way you're weaving all the threads in the book, Great job ladies!!!

Good night

sweet sweet sweet Henry/Gideon dreams! :blush:

Wow!!!  What a photo!! :) 

Good afternoon ladies!!!!!!

Here are my picks from Chap.15

1) He was all things to me, everything I wanted and needed in one imperfect man.

2) I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh, and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breath the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you.

3) I'm happy with you, Eva. You make me happy.

4) Because it won't be long before I'm going to ask you a question, Eva. And I'm going to need you to give me the right answer.

4) He kissed me quiet anf f***ed me senseless.

5) Help. Need carbs.

I loved these lines too! :) 

I love each and every one of the sexy times between them. Hold on.... actually, I don't like Gideon's revenge f*ck in RIY. Whe he says "It's not about you...." He might have had good reasons to feel like he did, but I really hated his making Eva feel debased.

I agree with you Gabri.  I think that what happened in the limo was wrong.  I think Gideon took Eva's rights away.  Even if Eva was wrong, she still had every right not to discuss what she was feeling or why she did what she did with Brett.  Gideon used se* as a weapon against her.  He also used her insecurities and desperation against her as well.  I don't think that there is anything hot about that.