Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Maybe this game could go to another place if we want to continue it. What we were doing was a trivia questioned was asked and the first person to answer correctly asked the next question. We were playing in real time and you can tell by the time stamp whose was the first answer.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Gideon and Eva are at Tableau One before the infamous 6/9 concert what does Eva have for dessert?

zabaione with rasperry

Zabaione. Or zabaglione with raspberries

I particularly remembered this answer because I thought the spelling in the book was a misprint and looked it up - it can be spelled either way, but is usually zabaglione.

I also remembered it because I once proposed it as a more delicious alternative to games with s'mores. I'm sure Arnoldo would have been happy to whip up a few more batches for them!

I particularly remembered this answer because I thought the spelling in the book was a misprint and looked it up - it can be spelled either way, but is usually zabaglione.

I also remembered it because I once proposed it as a more delicious alternative to games with s'mores. I'm sure Arnoldo would have been happy to whip up a few more batches for them!

Btw I just made this dessert the other way and it is very easy to make? Do you make this Gabri??

Yes,I do!!!  I usually make it during Christmas time, and put some cocoa powder on it.

My late afternnon with Henry-Clark is fast approaching and I need to doll myself up a little...

catch up later!!!!!!!! :D

I looked him up when i first saw the name in the book. Heres a bit from one site: "

If you’re on the market for a new suit and you’re going to be in Manhattan some time soon, why not stop by Fiorvanti’s on West 57th street. You can choose from one of their numerous custom woven fabrics and get a suit made by a dude who’s won the “Golden Scissors†award from the Academy of Master Tailors in Italy, and who is from a long line of Neapolitan tailors.

Actually, I’ll tell you why you shouldn’t just stop by: because they require appointments. And because, depending on the fabric you choose, and whether you want Mr. Fioravanti himself to make it, it can cost you upwards of $20,000. So maybe you should just hit up J. Crew." One of the sites also had Briony sp? They're known for making the Bond suits - nice pic of Daniel Craig in one

I looked him up when i first saw the name in the book. Heres a bit from one site: "

If you’re on the market for a new suit and you’re going to be in Manhattan some time soon, why not stop by Fiorvanti’s on West 57th street. You can choose from one of their numerous custom woven fabrics and get a suit made by a dude who’s won the “Golden Scissors†award from the Academy of Master Tailors in Italy, and who is from a long line of Neapolitan tailors.

Actually, I’ll tell you why you shouldn’t just stop by: because they require appointments. And because, depending on the fabric you choose, and whether you want Mr. Fioravanti himself to make it, it can cost you upwards of $20,000. So maybe you should just hit up J. Crew." One of the sites also had Briony sp? They're known for making the Bond suits - nice pic of Daniel Craig in one

Hi Nancy, 

Those suits are absolutely spectacular though!!!  I saw an interview done on CNN about some of the world's most famous tailors and this was included in the documentary.  If someone had endless sums of cash, why not go for a suit like that?  :)

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the possible scenarios and theories that everyone has posted and I was wondering how everyone would feel about creating a working theory model (a theory that would take into account as many possibilities or explanations as possible).  Everyone can add as much or as little as they like.  Everyone can suggest theories or explanations for questions that may have been posted.  People can feel free to add questions to the working theory or provide working answers.  I have posted this in another thread but I thought that it might be nice for those who might like to continue the discussion. 

There have been forum members who have suggested that Monica/Clancy may have been responsible for covering up Nathan’s murder.  With that thought in mind; I had a few questions myself:

1. We know for sure that Gideon killed Nathan because Sylvia told us….but what she hasn’t revealed is how the scenario played out.
  2. We know for sure that there were 10 days between Nathan attempting to blackmail Gideon, Monica and Stanton and him winding up dead.
  3. We know for sure that Nathan was murdered.
  4. We know for sure that Monica has a penchant for bugging and having her daughter tracked/trailed (i.e. through security guards, a bugging device in her compact mirror and her watch).

What we don’t for sure or could it be:

1. Could Monica have had Gideon tailed to monitor his movements?
  2. Could Monica have been planning Nathan’s murder but Gideon beat him to the punch?
  3. Could Monica have arrived after Gideon murdered Nathan and therefore would not have needed to pay off his blackmail demands or wouldn’t need to kill Nathan because he was already dead?

What we also know for sure about Monica is:

1. Monica is absolutely thrilled about Gideon and Eva’s relationship.  She has been counseling her daughter about how to keep a relationship with a man like Gideon.
  2. Monica has done everything in her power to ensure that Eva’s “social reputation†has remained intact.
  3. Money has always been very important to a woman like Monica.

So:

1. Could Monica be responsible for the “cover-up†of Nathan’s murder because she realizes how much Gideon had risked for her daughter?

The only questions I keep coming back to are:

1. If each of these characters worked independently of one another then how did everything happen on that one particular day?
  2. Why did everyone: Monica, Gideon and Stanton choose that day to pay off the blackmail demands and kill Nathan?

I have given one scenario for Monica and questions which I cannot account for.  Everyone feel free to jump in and add or delete as you wish.  If you don’t think that a question is relevant please explain your reasoning so everyone can follow along. 

Ok, everyone feel free to jump in and add or detract. :)

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the possible scenarios and theories that everyone has posted and I was wondering how everyone would feel about creating a working theory model (a theory that would take into account as many possibilities or explanations as possible).  Everyone can add as much or as little as they like.  Everyone can suggest theories or explanations for questions that may have been posted.  People can feel free to add questions to the working theory or provide working answers.  I have posted this in another thread but I thought that it might be nice for those who might like to continue the discussion. 

There have been forum members who have suggested that Monica/Clancy may have been responsible for covering up Nathan’s murder.  With that thought in mind; I had a few questions myself:

• We know for sure that Gideon killed Nathan because Sylvia told us….but what she hasn’t revealed is how the scenario played out.
  • We know for sure that there were 10 days between Nathan attempting to blackmail Gideon, Monica and Stanton and him winding up dead.
  • We know for sure that Nathan was murdered.
  • We know for sure that Monica has a penchant for bugging and having her daughter tracked/trailed (i.e. through security guards, a bugging device in her compact mirror and her watch).

What we don’t for sure or could it be:

• Could Monica have had Gideon tailed to monitor his movements?
  • Could Monica have been planning Nathan’s murder but Gideon beat him to the punch?
  • Could Monica have arrived after Gideon murdered Nathan and therefore would not have needed to pay off his blackmail demands or wouldn’t need to kill Nathan because he was already dead?

What we also know for sure about Monica is:

• Monica is absolutely thrilled about Gideon and Eva’s relationship.  She has been counseling her daughter about how to keep a relationship with a man like Gideon.
  • Monica has done everything in her power to ensure that Eva’s “social reputation†has remained intact.
  • Money has always been very important to a woman like Monica.

So:

• Could Monica be responsible for the “cover-up†of Nathan’s murder because she realizes how much Gideon had risked for her daughter?

The only questions I keep coming back to are:

• If each of these characters worked independently of one another then how did everything happen on that one particular day?
  • Why did everyone: Monica, Gideon and Stanton choose that day to pay off the blackmail demands and kill Nathan?

I have given one scenario for Monica and questions which I cannot account for.  Everyone feel free to jump in and add or delete as you wish.  If you don’t think that a question is relevant please explain your reasoning so everyone can follow along. 

Ok, everyone feel free to jump in and add or detract. :)

Hi Gigi

From something Clancy said, Nathan was being tailed, by him. Gideon would have had him followed I'm sure to protect Eva and wanting to know his whereabouts.

Monica I'm sure knows Gideon was responsible from that comment about his secrets when lunching with Eva. Let me work out a scenario today and get back to you. A challenge heh! Like it. :)

I guess no one wanted to come out to play, Julie. :(

Adrianna- but I had to look it up.

Too bad because I thought of a really good one. :(

Hi Nancy

I don't mind playing. :)

It was very quiet last night. We need a challenge. Something to chew over! A snippet would be good. ;)

Ask your question. See if I know?