Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it interesting that when they were discussing his f$#k pad that Eva says maybe it's better if she didn't hear any more...but Gideon says "You opened this door, we're walking through it." This is what she wanted-YAY Gideon!

I think my jaw dropped open when I read that response from Gideon ; I just loved this book Gideon worships Eva all through it . It's like he read our posts because he did everything we wanted him to do to get Eva back!!

I think my jaw dropped open when I read that response from Gideon ; I just loved this book Gideon worships Eva all through it . It's like he read our posts because he did everything we wanted him to do to get Eva back!!

I did get the feeling though that Gideon knew that he would not get away with not telling Eva the truth and opening up to her, like he said in Ch1 "I need you, must have you" and I think that just shows how cut up he was about the way he hurt her and now he is trying to make their relationship concrete and the only way he can do that with her is to open up and be honest with her.

I found it interesting that when they were discussing his f$#k pad that Eva says maybe it's better if she didn't hear any more...but Gideon says "You opened this door, we're walking through it." This is what she wanted-YAY Gideon!

Kudos to Gideon for providing full-disclosure when pressed. He knew that his sexual past did bug Eva enough to bring up the subject -- so he decided (wisely) to get it over with.

He was rewarded with the fact Eva did not freak out nor pick a fight -- she didn't go all Old-Eva-Insecure-and-Jealous on him. "You're different," he recognized (page 22). Duh, ya think. What he'd done to Eva ended up making her stronger, not breaking her in two.

I did want to give Gideon a proverbial smack off the side of his head for his reaction to Eva at first accusing him of having lied to her in the past about his sexual history (page 20). He thought that just because every word he did say technically had been true, that he'd never lied to Eva. Malarkey. His truths were only half-truths - he kept things from her. He even deliberately mislead Eva. That's lying by omission -- lying by not being 100% honest. 

Ultimately, he'd figured out (later in the novel) that saying one thing while deliberately doing another thing constitutes very serious dishonesty. It was a lesson he'd learn the hard way.

He earned a second proverbial smack off the side of the head for calling Eva "catty" when snarked about the "Dumped by Gideon Sisterhood". Um, hello, just because he'd already made mad, passionate love to Eva, she no longer was entitled to be angry?

Not after all the agony he put Eva through -- including only two evenings earlier, he'd been caught red-handed (literally) touching Corrine in a tender way, hand at the small of her back, walking Corrine out of the Crossfire lobby, the place where Eva had first met him. That Eva had to see with her own eyes (not just some online photos) Gideon touching Corrine?

H.e.l.l. yes she'd been angry that Monday evening, and showed it by giving him the middle finger. Eva was even more entitled to be angry by the fact Gideon mistreated her (Eva) by deliberately being a cold S. of a B. to her weeks earlier. 

I think he got it, though, when Eva responded to being called "catty" there in bed with him by pointing out "I wasn't trying to be a total b***. Just a little one. I think I'm entitled, all things considered." (page 21)

Most definitely -- especially because Eva is getting that anger out of her system -- doing it by feeling it. To respond by simply "letting everything go" or by denying her right to be angry would only drive the anger underground, where it would eat at her and eat away at the new foundation she and Gideon are trying to build.

Thoughts on Chapter 2:

As hot as the make-up sex was, it was the let's-talk-about-Gideon's-sex-life that I especially enjoyed. Because even with her clothes off, New Eva was in charge -- and she wanted some answers about Gideon's sexual history.

Old Eva would have let Gideon get away with his not-gonna-go-attempt to deflect her questions. Can't say that I blame him, because of what Old Eva would have immediately done with anything he did confess to her -- she'd pitch an insecurity-fueled fit, they'd end up fighting, and the ever-present danger she'd pulled a runner was there. Old Eva was partly responsible for Gideon avoiding the painful subjext of other women -- her acting out would trigger him to shut down.

New Eva demanded straight answers about Gideon's past sex life: in general, exactly how often had he been getting laid, and specifically had he f***** Deanna. I find it interesting too, that New Eva's gut instinct -- not her raging insecurities - was right about the fact Deanna was one of his past sexual rejects.

Old Eva would have simply assumed the worst: Deanna was brunette and beautiful and so Gideon had to have nailed her. New Eva had immediately recognized Deanna wants to hurt Gideon personally, and so Deanna's motive must be getting even for Gideon having hurt her (Deanna). The motive had to have been the proverbial "one he stuck his d*** in her (Deanna), he was done with her." 

I love this New Eva!!!

Eva’s changed indeed. Gedeon’s sacrifice for her has put things into a different perspective for her. She’s taken up that no-nonsense attitude that she loves so much in others (namely, Angus, Clancy) and is likely to help her support Gedeon’s recover.

I also find Gedeon's theory about his past relationships quite interesting...

Broke my heart when Gideon said that at times he couldn't stand being by himself. Wondering what he would do if not have s*x with whoever he brought to the f#*k pad.

"There was a time when I couldn't stand to be alone with myself, but didn't want to talk. I didn't want to even think, let alone feel anything. I needed the distraction of focusing on someone else, and using my d##k was too much involvement. Can you understand that?"

So focusing on someone else I think thats where all the toys came as he didn't wanna use his TOOL.

Broke my heart when Gideon said that at times he couldn't stand being by himself. Wondering what he would do if not have s*x with whoever he brought to the f#*k pad.

"There was a time when I couldn't stand to be alone with myself, but didn't want to talk. I didn't want to even think, let alone feel anything. I needed the distraction of focusing on someone else, and using my d##k was too much involvement. Can you understand that?"

So focusing on someone else I think thats where all the toys came as he didn't wanna use his TOOL.

Also, then Eva knew how that felt.

It ticked me off (in a good way, meaning the story provoked emotion) that Gideon thought the hotel encounters didn't count as getting laid if he didn't .... um .... stick his d*** in a chick. Technically, he wasn't having sex if he was just getting some woman off with toys?

This from a guy who freaked out over a French kiss between Eva and Brett. That kiss most definitely counted as intimate contact in Gideon's book (as well it should have -- passionate kissing is a sexual behavior). Also, every one of those one-sided encounters Eva engaged in back in her bad old days -- giving guys blow jobs -- does count too.

So newsflash, Mr. Cross -- every one of those women you took to the hotel room do count as notches on your belt, whether or not you engaged in intercourse with them. You engaged in sexual activities, and so every one of those women counts in your own history.

It ticked me off (in a good way, meaning the story provoked emotion) that Gideon thought the hotel encounters didn't count as getting laid if he didn't .... um .... stick his d*** in a chick. Technically, he wasn't having sex if he was just getting some woman off with toys?

This from a guy who freaked out over a French kiss between Eva and Brett. That kiss most definitely counted as intimate contact in Gideon's book (as well it should have -- passionate kissing is a sexual behavior). Also, every one of those one-sided encounters Eva engaged in back in her bad old days -- giving guys blow jobs -- does count too.

So newsflash, Mr. Cross -- every one of those women you took to the hotel room do count as notches on your belt, whether or not you engaged in intercourse with them. You engaged in sexual activities, and so every one of those women counts in your own history.

Eva better not start tallying them up! She might freak out.

If Gideon took women to his hotel on average twice per week, did something sexual with every single one of them, and (this is safe to say) acted like total a******* toward them immediately afterward, well that's a whole lot of potentially vengeful women running around New York.

I think he did count them-at the bottom of page 20 he says,"Dr.Petersen asked about sexual encounters, Eva." "which isn't necessarily f$%^*ing, as far as I'm concerned." At least we got to the bottom of the twice a week thing!

If Gideon took women to his hotel on average twice per week, did something sexual with every single one of them, and (this is safe to say) acted like total a******* toward them immediately afterward, well that's a whole lot of potentially vengeful women running around New York.

Is that why when Eva mentioned Deanna was out for his blood, he said she better get in line!! Lol

Poor Eva is always going to come up against his exes. Perhaps they should move to a different state.

Eva better not start tallying them up! She might freak out.

His overall number of partners obviously is much higher than her's, probably in the hundreds ...

BUT .... but actually he's the one with greater reason to freak out. Because with his partners, his you-know-what usually did NOT get into the act, but with Eva, many of her's involved her giving oral sex to guys. So much so that it even came up in the song Golden -- because that's what Eva did for Brett, drop down on her knees every chance she got.

Double standard? H.e.l.l. yeah -- but it is what it is. Eva had some sort of intercourse (genital-to-oral) with many of her hook-ups, while Gideon, for lack of a better term, went only as far as "third base" tops with the vast, vast majority of his.

Is that why when Eva mentioned Deanna was out for his blood, he said she better get in line!! Lol

Poor Eva is always going to come up against his exes. Perhaps they should move to a different state.

Well, Eva does have a bodyguard -- Angus -- thank goodness, to come between her and any potential bunny boilers.

His overall number of partners obviously is much higher than her's, probably in the hundreds ...

BUT .... but actually he's the one with greater reason to freak out. Because with his partners, his you-know-what usually did NOT get into the act, but with Eva, many of her's involved her giving oral sex to guys. So much so that it even came up in the song Golden -- because that's what Eva did for Brett, drop down on her knees every chance she got.

Double standard? H.e.l.l. yeah -- but it is what it is. Eva had some sort of intercourse (genital-to-oral) with many of her hook-ups, while Gideon, for lack of a better term, went only as far as "third base" tops with the vast, vast majority of his.

I always wondered what 'third base' was :)

Well, Eva does have a bodyguard -- Angus -- thank goodness, to come between her and any potential bunny boilers.

I love the relationship that is slowing building between Angus and Eva. Was so pleased he was at the wedding. When he expressed his happiness for them, was very touching.