SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kirsten, 

I think that someone has taken Megumi.  The who, the what, the when and the where I don't know.  What I found really odd was that no one had contact with her when she called in sick other than some woman named Sharon in the HR Department.  Who is this Sharon and would she know Megumi's voice if Megumi did indeed call in sick.

Why would Megumi just make a quick call to Eva or one of her friends to say hey I am sick especially when everyone had been concerned.  The exception to the rule might be if Megumi was in the hospital, but even then wouldn't her roommate make a quick call on her behalf to ease everyone's concerns?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree GiGi. I can't imagine that she has not phoned Eva back. It just doesn't add up. This ad agency they work for is supposed to be one of the best so I think it must be LARGE. How would this woman know Megumi's voice. I could even see that maybe Megumi could report to her daily so maybe she knows her voice, but the fact she is not calling Eva back is a big red flag for me.

I agree GiGi. I can't imagine that she has not phoned Eva back. It just doesn't add up. This ad agency they work for is supposed to be one of the best so I think it must be LARGE. How would this woman know Megumi's voice. I could even see that maybe Megumi could report to her daily so maybe she knows her voice, but the fact she is not calling Eva back is a big red flag for me.

Hi Kirsten, 

I agree with your assessment.  I guess time will tell whether some of us are seeing red flags. You just never know with these books. 

I guess at the end of the day, it will all depend on whether Monica deals with her issues about money and why it is so important for her to have it and also for her partners to have.  You may be right, in the end, even if Monica deals with her money issues she may still pass Victor over becuase he doesn't have any.  That is a separate issue in itself.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Honestly, I was appalled by Monica and Victor sleeping together. Cheating is a hard limit for me. I had enough of an issue with Eva and Brett in RIY never mind this mess. I don't expect much from Monica since she has not proven to me that she has a moral compass, but I certainly expected a of a lot more from Victor. I do have to hand it to her for being honest with herself saying she needs money.

I still don't see how Brett could use the sex tape to blackmail Eva?! Gideon already knows about it so threatening to tell him would be unsuccessful. As would threatening to release it as Gideon has a team working 24/7 to prevent it being released on any file-sharing sites.

Also, I just don't think Brett is that kinda guy. If we look at all of their interactions from his point of view, all he is guilty of is not believing Eva when she says that she is in love with Gideon.

The first time they ran into each other - Eva kissed him back - in front of Gideon.

A few days later - she took him to lunch when he showed up at her work unannounced. Yes she said she was in love with Gideon but she also told him how much she had wanted to go out with him 4 years ago. And when he asked how serious things were wih Gideon she was vague - "sometimes it seems that way." (Or something like that)

A few weeks later - Brett has seen the media storm surrounding Gideon & Corinne and now believes Eva to be single. When he calls and asks her out she says yes.

A few days before the Times Sq event - she agrees to dinner after the video launch, alone even though she's bringing Cary to the event. Brett probably takes this as a sign that she feels something for him and doesn't trust herself to be alone with him. A positive sign in his plan to get Eva back.

At the Times Sq event - (baring in mind that as far as anyone knows this is the first time Gideon & Eva have spoken in weeks) He sees that Gideon wants a second chance and tells Eva he deserves one too. She tells him she loves Gideon, but he's heard that before and look what happened last time - Gideon dumped her days later. Also Gideon disappears well before the end of the event. Brett may think he's already won (maybe the Golden video drove him away?) He assumes the reason Eva is quiet over dinner is that she is mad about the video. Which she is but she's also worried about Gideon. She agrees to see him again in a couple of weeks time in SD.

Brett, I think is actually a decent guy, who hasnt done anything except chase a beautiful ex who may or may not be involved with someone else. Eva is sending him mixed signals (initially to make Gideon jealous and then because she can't explain just how serious she and Gideon are because the whole world have to believe that they were broken up for 3+ weeks.)

I believe once he finds out about her engagement/marriage he will realise he is too late, she has made her choice and it isnt him and back off.

Hi Rogue, 

Other than releasing the tape and making huge sums of money from that, you are right.  There isn't much blackmail factor in the releasing of the tape other than trying to sully Eva's name and reputation.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Monica told Eva that it wasn't just a money problem that kept her with Stanton, but remember she said she didn't want to explain while Eva was upset. Eva immediately jumps on the evasiveness of Monica when she tells, Gideon I think it was, that Monica won't explain the problem to Eva while Eva is upset, but the problem is that Eva is upset because Monica won't explain the problem. I think there's a literary term for this kind of circular reasoning, but I can't remember it

I like it too! Gideons ring?

Oh...someone mentioned Giroux before too...I don't think he's a problem really. I'm sure it's hard that his wife left him, for no reason really now. I'd be angry too if her family called her ex fiance to the hospital! Really? Why would they call Gideon...i wonder if it was his mom or Corinnes., I too am glad Eva went w/ him at least. She better have!

I wonder how many people have seen the sex tape. If was the point of reference for the video (gag..ugh)...then ...y'know? I'm sure Bret knows about it.

Hi Nathalia, 

I agree with you.  Why would anyone call Gideon when Corinne was in the hospital.  I would think that if anything Gideon's presence would simply be upsetting to all parties involved.  I am absolutely sure that Corinne's parents wouldn't have been thrilled to see Gideon. 

I suspect that Elizabeth Vidal had a huge role in this.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Nathalia, 

I agree with you.  Why would anyone call Gideon when Corinne was in the hospital.  I would think that if anything Gideon's presence would simply be upsetting to all parties involved.  I am absolutely sure that Corinne's parents wouldn't have been thrilled to see Gideon. 

I suspect that Elizabeth Vidal had a huge role in this.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think they call Gideon because they honestly believe that he and Corrine are in a relationship.

Mmm... so many interesting things I read here I would like to comment...

First of all WELCOME to new members, I am fairly new myself and it is very nice to be able to chat about it here and everyone is so nice in this forum I think!

- Brett... I like the guy and I hope I won't be disappointed with him. The only possible way I won't be disappointed with him is if he backs off as soon as he knows Eva is engaged/married with Gideon (once Eva is able to tell him). Eva has to be stronger in her dealing with him though, I was very upset when she invited him to her flat, come on Eva!

- Victor/Monica... I am really curious to know what will happen there...  I would like an happy ending for everyone, but in that case I can't really figure out what the happy ending would be...

- Cary has to be happy in the end, but the only possible way is if he meets someone else I think... 

- I missed not seeing or hearing dr. Peterson once

- Brett and Ireland could be a nice couple!

- I really liked Magdalene as well, very good friend Gideon has there...

- do you think the big wedding will happen in book 4 or 5?

- I was so shocked when Victor discovered straight away about Nathan's abuse... I was not expecting it to happen so soon!

- hope mr Giroux won't leave without packing her his wife as well!!!

I apologize if my next question has already been asked or is obvious and I missed it, but was Anne Lucas the psychiatrist who came in to help Gideon when he was young? Her brother was the student who abused Gideon, but was she the supervisor that spent most of the time with Elizabeth? When we found out she was a psychiatrist, that is what immediately jumped into my mind.

I think Eva feels bad for Brett and the way she has led him on and yes she needs to nip it in the butt herself and hopefully in SD she can do that with Cary being there, I don't think she should see him alone.  Maybe Gideon will put security detail on her again to keep her safe.

I think the Tableau One was so Gideon knew where they were and that Arnaldo would look out for her in case she needed him and I did not get the impression in the book that Gideon was angry she was going to dinner with Brett and was pleased she picked somewhere he owned to be closer to him and to give him the respect of knowing where she was.

If I remember correctly wasn't Gideon going to take Ireland to dinner also that night until he had to go take care of why Corrine kept calling everyone and heir uncle looking for Gideon.

I know that Gideon is getting better communicating with Eva but ....

Does it bother anyone that Gideon had time to text Angus requesting that he pic up Eva.  I'm sure Gideon told Angus and/or Raul that he was leaving town but he couldn't find a minute to tel Eva.  Was he angry about the tape and needed time.  He turned off the tracker so Eva couldn't track him even though he gave her the instructions to track.  Also, when he got back in town Gideon left Eva without telling her.  I think he still needs some work in the area of communication.

I did not think that he decided to leave town when he was coming home from the hospital and ran into Deanna in front of apartment and took her for a drink. Thought that was when he found out about the video??

I apologize if my next question has already been asked or is obvious and I missed it, but was Anne Lucas the psychiatrist who came in to help Gideon when he was young? Her brother was the student who abused Gideon, but was she the supervisor that spent most of the time with Elizabeth? When we found out she was a psychiatrist, that is what immediately jumped into my mind.

I don't think we know that yet

I did not think that he decided to leave town when he was coming home from the hospital and ran into Deanna in front of apartment and took her for a drink. Thought that was when he found out about the video??

I know but he was at the door.  He had to get in a car and get to the airport.  In all that time he couldn't send Eva a quick text.  Called out of town ... emergency.  I'll call you.  I don't think that was too much for a wife to expect.

I realize that we are all trying to keep our posts on the correct threads and not re-post things that were posted else where, however I think that one of the questions that I posed on the thread that has some questions (I urge you all to read because many of us, myself included, have a lot of questions and we could use your thoughts) for Sylvia on it, might fall into play about Eva's younger years and her growing up.  Here is the question.

-Where was Eva born and raised? For some reason I always thought it was NY however she talks about being in NY now and it being her adopted home. So if she was not born and raised in NY I would assume it would be CA, which is where her parents met. Although she doesn't talk much about her childhood it is made to sound like Victor was not around often, including but not limited to when Nathan was raping her. So the question again is where was she raised and will we ever learn more about her childhood and relationships with her parents in her formative years? 

We know that Monica left home when she was pregnant, but where to.  We know that Eva was a four (I believe) when she married Mr. Barker so between birth and then, where were they?  Again Victor seems like he was kept away from Eva, so what are we missing?