SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Probably both, and the papers too I'm sure.

GiGi, what do you think of Eva going to SD to meet Brett?

Hi Kirsten, 

I have some reservations about the entire situation.  I understand why Eva met with Brett but for me, the scenario should have ended there.  I didn't see the point of Eva going to the event personally, but I could see her attending the event to keep up appearances (but for whom I am not sure).

I think that if anything happens, it only going to be mud slinging and not much else.  What's the point of mud slinging against Eva in the end?  I know that she is connected to Gideon, but she isn't the intended target, Gideon is.  I think it just shows the characters of the others who would use Eva to try and hurt Gideon.  Do you know what I mean?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that we are all trying to keep our posts on the correct threads and not re-post things that were posted else where, however I think that one of the questions that I posed on the thread that has some questions (I urge you all to read because many of us, myself included, have a lot of questions and we could use your thoughts) for Sylvia on it, might fall into play about Eva's younger years and her growing up.  Here is the question.

-Where was Eva born and raised? For some reason I always thought it was NY however she talks about being in NY now and it being her adopted home. So if she was not born and raised in NY I would assume it would be CA, which is where her parents met. Although she doesn't talk much about her childhood it is made to sound like Victor was not around often, including but not limited to when Nathan was raping her. So the question again is where was she raised and will we ever learn more about her childhood and relationships with her parents in her formative years? 

We know that Monica left home when she was pregnant, but where to.  We know that Eva was a four (I believe) when she married Mr. Barker so between birth and then, where were they?  Again Victor seems like he was kept away from Eva, so what are we missing?

Hi Fayeth,

You bring up some good questions.  It would be nice to know where Monica was when Eva was born.  I think that Sylvia may have mentioned something about how we the readers will get answers as to why money is so important to Monica (but don't quote me on that, I can't remember where I read that), which means we may get answers about what life was like for Monica and Eva during the early years.

We may also get answers from Eva herself during some kind of dialogue with Gideon.  Who know's I guess that is for Sylvia to decide in which book, if any, she will reveal that information.

I know but he was at the door.  He had to get in a car and get to the airport.  In all that time he couldn't send Eva a quick text.  Called out of town ... emergency.  I'll call you.  I don't think that was too much for a wife to expect.

That is very true!  I am loving this forum!!!

Another newbie here.  Yay!! I can finally post.  Loved that Gideon realized how hurt she was over her Rolex and that he bought her a new watch. How sweet that he put it on her while she was sleeping....

Hi Jenna, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Probably both, and the papers too I'm sure.

GiGi, what do you think of Eva going to SD to meet Brett?

Hi Kirsten, 

I know I responded to this thread before but something else just came to mind, do you think that the parents of Corrine and Gideon would have been listening and reading what the media had been writing about their children instead of asking those two.  I know that Corrine would have had a very skewed view of what was happening with her relationship with Gideon, but what's Elizabeth Vidal's excuse?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Nathalia, 

I agree with you.  Why would anyone call Gideon when Corinne was in the hospital.  I would think that if anything Gideon's presence would simply be upsetting to all parties involved.  I am absolutely sure that Corinne's parents wouldn't have been thrilled to see Gideon. 

I suspect that Elizabeth Vidal had a huge role in this.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I really don't understand why Elizabeth Vidal was at the hospital...

Does he know about it? Hmmmm

Hope he doesn't blackmail her. I won't show it to Gideon if you sleep with me! I get the feeling something us going to happen in SD.

Hi Julie, 

Do you think that Brett knows about the se* tape?  Or do you think that he will find out about it and try to use it as some form of blackmail to get Eva to get back together with him (which is kind of hillarious considering everything in the book)?

I really don't understand why Elizabeth Vidal was at the hospital...

Hi Sscrph, 

I agree completely!  What is up with that?  I would think that if anything no one from Corinne's camp would have been too thrilled to see either Gideon or his mother. 

I have a question for everyone : Why do you think Monica had to change into Eva's clothes ; do you think Victor ripped Monica's clothes off of her in a wild burst of passion?

Hi Sscrph,

Wow!  Great question!  Who knows?  Maybe after Monica finished having s**, she had a shower and just automatically changed her clothing, or maybe she had s** with most of those clothes on and she didn't want to go home smelling like  s** (or Victor).  Your scenario sounds so much more passionate.

I know but he was at the door.  He had to get in a car and get to the airport.  In all that time he couldn't send Eva a quick text.  Called out of town ... emergency.  I'll call you.  I don't think that was too much for a wife to expect.

I agree this is Gideon's only misstep in EWY IMO...

Hi Kirsten, 

I know I responded to this thread before but something else just came to mind, do you think that the parents of Corrine and Gideon would have been listening and reading what the media had been writing about their children instead of asking those two.  I know that Corrine would have had a very skewed view of what was happening with her relationship with Gideon, but what's Elizabeth Vidal's excuse?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I am really confused by Elizabeth if I am to be honest. At the garden party it seems like she and Gideon have a strained relationship, yet we know that Gideon knows Eva confronted her when she was out to dinner, and Gideon has said that the only woman in his apartment has been his mother. I would think that if she called Gideon to ask about Corrine during the time that Gideon is trying to make them think he and Eva have gone their separate ways Gideon would have been vague.

As for Corrine, she certainly was feeling hopeful even though Gideon told her they would only be friends. I am sure she was playing it up to her parents. I found it odd that Christopher told Gideon to call her, and to stop sending her mixed signals. I think Corrine calling all over the place trying to get to Gideon is horrendous. Having said all this, I still don't understand why Gideon continues to run when she calls.

I had completely forgotten about talking to the lawyer.  I have a feeling that was about the prenup.   Also, kids can be added into the prenup - nothing unusual

Hi Donnad, 

What I saw during the prenup scenario was Eva's automatic negative reaction to something that Gideon had done.  What I really liked about that scenario is that instead of automatically going to find Gideon and lay into him, she went and took a shower and actually gave herself some time to calm down.  Then she actually looked at the document instead of rushing to snap judgements and making rash decisions.

For me that was huge progress on Eva's part.  Those actions told me that she was mentally heading in the right direction.  What do  you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Donnad, 

What I saw during the prenup scenario was Eva's automatic negative reaction to something that Gideon had done.  What I really liked about that scenario is that instead of automatically going to find Gideon and lay into him, she went and took a shower and actually gave herself some time to calm down.  Then she actually looked at the document instead of rushing to snap judgements and making rash decisions.

For me that was huge progress on Eva's part.  Those actions told me that she was mentally heading in the right direction.  What do  you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree GiGi. The fact that she took that time to shower and think things threw and then went back to have a look at it, spoke volumes to me also.

I am really confused by Elizabeth if I am to be honest. At the garden party it seems like she and Gideon have a strained relationship, yet we know that Gideon knows Eva confronted her when she was out to dinner, and Gideon has said that the only woman in his apartment has been his mother. I would think that if she called Gideon to ask about Corrine during the time that Gideon is trying to make them think he and Eva have gone their separate ways Gideon would have been vague.

As for Corrine, she certainly was feeling hopeful even though Gideon told her they would only be friends. I am sure she was playing it up to her parents. I found it odd that Christopher told Gideon to call her, and to stop sending her mixed signals. I think Corrine calling all over the place trying to get to Gideon is horrendous. Having said all this, I still don't understand why Gideon continues to run when she calls.

Hi Kirsten, 

I had a few thoughts about what you said.  You are absolutely correct, Gideon didn't have any business being at the hospital.  I think that would have sent the worst message to a woman who was already so incredibly mentally ill (the mentally ill part is my assessment-I don't know if you agree or not).  My assessment is that anyone who is willing to commit suicide and actually goes through with the act is suffering from some type of serious mental illness (temporary or long term remains to be seen). 

It was apparent that the suicide attempt was severe enough that Corrine lost a baby over it.  To my knowledge, taking activated charcol and something else wouldn't be enough to induce an actual miscarriage but maybe someone with specific knowledge in relation to gynecology and obstetrics could more fully respond to this  point.  I don't if having one's stomach pumped would be enough of a stress on the body to induce a miscarriage.

I just think that although Gideon did tell Corrine that he wanted to be friends he also lead her on by letting her believe that there might be a possibility for more (double edged sword).  I think at some point Gideon needs to let Corinne off of the hook and be honest with her and tell her that she never stood a chance.  I think that may be the only thing that may keep this woman from going completely over the edge.  I think that Corinne kept beating herself up about having walked away from the "perfect guy" when he really never was.  Do you know what I mean?

Hi Kirsten,

I just wanted to add quickly, Elizabeth Vidal's actions at the hospital spoke volumes to me.  You are absolutely correct, she had no business being at the hospital, but what's worse is that she was capitalizing on another family's tragedy to try and further her agenda (either separating Gideon and Eva or what....), but her actions were horrendous! 

I found it very interesting how Elizabeth physically came between Gideon and Eva to separate them and tried to guide Gideon over to where she wanted him to be.  No one from the Cross family should have been at the hospital. 

To me Elizabeth Vidal's actions stated that she would use anyone or any circumstance to further her agenda.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree GiGi. The fact that she took that time to shower and think things threw and then went back to have a look at it, spoke volumes to me also.

I wonder what is going to happen between Monica and Victor.  Will they get their happily ever after?   

I think that Gideon and Corrine's families are close.

How did Corrine get to the hospital? Who found her?

Those are all really good questions too!   Maybe we will get the answers within the next two books (hopefully a paragraph or two). 

In response to what you said, maybe the families were once close when Gideon and Corrine were engaged, but surely wouldn't that closeness have wained after Corrine  married someone else?  Why wasn't Corrine's husband's family there to support their daughter-in-law?  What do you think?

Hi Donnad, 

I agree GiGi, that scene showed how Eva has grown. Looking back I'm so glad she handled it that way. When I was reading it I was actually expecting her to go to Gideon and tear him a new one but the fact that she just gave herself time was a really good move on her part.

Hi Kirsten, 

I had a few thoughts about what you said.  You are absolutely correct, Gideon didn't have any business being at the hospital.  I think that would have sent the worst message to a woman who was already so incredibly mentally ill (the mentally ill part is my assessment-I don't know if you agree or not).  My assessment is that anyone who is willing to commit suicide and actually goes through with the act is suffering from some type of serious mental illness (temporary or long term remains to be seen). 

It was apparent that the suicide attempt was severe enough that Corrine lost a baby over it.  To my knowledge, taking activated charcol and something else wouldn't be enough to induce an actual miscarriage but maybe someone with specific knowledge in relation to gynecology and obstetrics could more fully respond to this  point.  I don't if having one's stomach pumped would be enough of a stress on the body to induce a miscarriage.

I just think that although Gideon did tell Corrine that he wanted to be friends he also lead her on by letting her believe that there might be a possibility for more (double edged sword).  I think at some point Gideon needs to let Corinne off of the hook and be honest with her and tell her that she never stood a chance.  I think that may be the only thing that may keep this woman from going completely over the edge.  I think that Corinne kept beating herself up about having walked away from the "perfect guy" when he really never was.  Do you know what I mean?

I do know what you mean.

Golfergirl is our resident obgyn so hopefully she can respond to some of this.

I think Gideon must have had this talk with Corrine at some point. Was she to far gone at that point?

Hi Kirsten,

I just wanted to add quickly, Elizabeth Vidal's actions at the hospital spoke volumes to me.  You are absolutely correct, she had no business being at the hospital, but what's worse is that she was capitalizing on another family's tragedy to try and further her agenda (either separating Gideon and Eva or what....), but her actions were horrendous! 

I found it very interesting how Elizabeth physically came between Gideon and Eva to separate them and tried to guide Gideon over to where she wanted him to be.  No one from the Cross family should have been at the hospital. 

To me Elizabeth Vidal's actions stated that she would use anyone or any circumstance to further her agenda.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

That whole hospital scene bothered me. First I am thinking why does Gideon need to go? Then the whole thing with Elizabeth bothered me. I felt Eva's distress at being left standing all by her lonesome. Elizabeth is going to be a problem. She certainly does not like Eva after the confrontation and I think she is willing to do whatever necessary to break Eva and Gideon apart. I still can't understand how she didn't believe Gideon when he was younger.

Hi Shycharn: you touched on a couple of points.... I too think Monica may be the mob connection but I also think possibly Clancy's brother in the FBI or Victor , About Corinne, I think her true colors were finally revealed how selfish to plague Gideon with that suicide attempt in light of how Gideon's father died ... the problem with this scenario is that I don't think it gets Corinne completely out of the picture. In light of what happened I think Corinne and her husband will never reconcile this leaves us with her husband Jean Francois now a bitter enemy of Gideon and Corinne a HOT UNRESOLVED MESS!!!

Hi sscrph, you are right about Corinne not going anywhere yet but she played the wrong card that time because Eva is going to get her in this next book.  I don't think she will get back with her husband but once Eva gets done with her she will definitely leave Gideon alone.