SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Well 2 hours later I'm caught up  LOL 

Like eve1 else I really enjoyed this book and how both Eva (who I'm now reading as Ava :)  ) and Gideon have grown in their relationship.  The wedding was perfect and I loved that after he says 'Let's make if official', she simpley states 'I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross barefoot .......  

I wasn't happy about the ring being EV either since she is a toxic person.  But see that it is important to Gideon and if he doesn't relate it back to his Mom then neither should Eva.  And WTF is it with EV saying Eva was taking her son away from her.   is she that dense, she is the one who drove him away !!

And once again in the prenup we are back to Gideon stating 'he would give up everthing he owned' for her.  His trip to California falls in the category ' I will f**k up that he warned her about during that same discussion.  

I think it was Mrs C that made a comment about the construction site being the future office space for Eva,  I totally agree with that being her office they ended up on the couch.  I had wondered before when it would dawn on her to use her 'blood money' for a foundation or other charity work.  Great idea to include Cary in that project.  And having her own foundation would give her the independance she is so determined to achieve.  

As ev1 has stated I'm really mad that she is still hanging onto the idea that she a Brett can be friends.  If Gideon let's her go to SD alone he should be 'slapped silly'.  LOL   I think that he should be the one to tell Brett about the sex tape and together should protect her from any further mental hurt.   And he does need to know they are married.  The SD trip is perfect time to tell Cary and Victor they are married too.  

I didn't get the comment from Anne Lucas about Gideon f**king Deanna ( I guess that's who she was taking about) cause sure hasn't been in the 8+ weeks hes been in love with Eva.  That confused me other than her thinking it would upset Eva.  And how about Anne Lucas being the 'pot stirrer' at the end of EWY and Dr Terry doing it at the RIY.  What a pair :) 

Ok just some random thoughts and comments,back to catching up again ...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Kirsten -- excellent point! What if it was true that the utter financial ruin Elizabeth went through in the aftermath of the Ponzi scheme included her losing her engagement ring, either by the government seizing it as a valuable paid for through fraud or that Elizabeth sold the thing out of desperation ..... and then earlier this summer, when Gideon decided he would move heaven and earth to marry Eva some day, the heaven/earth moving started with him tracking down what became of the engagement ring his own father had given his mother.

That would explain the shock of Elizabeth seeing her actual old engagement ring on Eva's hand. Bad enough to see a ring, period, on Eva's hand -- but to see that one? When Gideon will hardly talk to her (Elizabeth) at all?

In this book I felt that something had fundamentally changed about Eva .I can't quite put my finger on it but I lost some of the liking I had for her in the first two books .In Bared and Reflected she was this refreshing heroine the type of which you don't come across often in romance novels I loved her .In this book something was off about her for me. I don't know if the Brett stuff is interfering because one of the amazing things about Gideva for me is their mutual love ,devotion ,captivation and obsession that leaves no room for either of them to be after another .I even got to thinking that she and Brett had more heat than Gideon in the sack as mad as that sounds because she's still after him when all he offered was sex and Gideon in affering her all of himself.When I started the book I had this dread that she was going to end up in bed with Brett and that still hasn't gone away going into the next book and perhaps that's the issue or I have issues .I read the book three times thinking that maybe the first time I rushed through it and didn't absorb her as a character or I've been reading so many other books and had been out of the crossfire world and needed to reacclamatise .I loved Gideon and have consistently in previous books and the strange thing is at times I felt he deserved better than her I even considered that maybe if Eva if so hot for Brett it wouldn't be a bad thing if she was with him .I know how wrong it is in my head but couldn't help it .I loved Cary in this book and I was off him a bit in Reflected ,perhaps it's natural to go off a character every once in a while and I'll get to really like her again in the next books.

The thought that she knew she was pregnant and was really trying to get Gideon back immediately was in the back of my mind. She has proven herself to be very manipulative, so I do agree with that part. No way she could have quickly married Gideon though. She's already married and I don't know how divorce works on France, but in most states here you have to be separated for a period of time before you can even file for divorce.

True -- the Giroux marriage itself would have to wait for the divorce to go through. But Corrine could have manipulated Gideon into immediately (upon finding out he was going to be a "father") absolutely agree to marry her, move her into his penthouse, and throw his money/influence around to speed up the divorce as quickly as possible, the goal being marrying Corrine before the baby was born, in order to make the baby "legitimate."  Gideon is traditional enough that he would want the child born in wedlock instead of outside it.

Perhaps it was seized LN and Gideon hunted it down.

I thought the ring that Eva received was such an appropriate one considering that it represented the father that Gideon loved but lost and also the happiness that was lost but he now found with Eva. And of course the romantic that Eva is she loved the ring and all it represented including that it was an epic romantic gesture from a man that claimed he was unromantic!!

I thought the ring that Eva received was such an appropriate one considering that it represented the father that Gideon loved but lost and also the happiness that was lost but he now found with Eva. And of course the romantic that Eva is she loved the ring and all it represented including that it was an epic romantic gesture from a man that claimed he was unromantic!!

I so agree with you. Gideon wants what his parents once had, happy memories for him. I do like how everyone has different views though,

As bad as I feel for Corrine's estranged husband, he does come across as something of a jerk, and it's clear the divorce in progress was bitter.

It's clear he was not welcome by Corrine's parents at the hospital, who clearly favored Gideon and were close to Elizabeth Vidal. Poor Corrine's parents probably had all their hopes pinned on Corrine and Gideon as star-crossed lovers from years ago now headed toward Happily Ever After -- reunited and to be married soon.

When the doctor came out to talk, Corrine's father tried to shut out Jean-Francois, pointing out to the doctor that he (as a parent) was the "family" here. But for legal reasons (Jean-Francois as spouse was the next of kin) and for obvious reasons (talking about a pregnancy where Jean-Francois is assumed the father) the doctor insisted upon talking privately with him, rather than talking with Corrine's father and mother.

Very sad.

I know.. Because he seems like a good man..! I don't know if he would go forward with Corrine, as he said a married women chasing another man is not attractive.!

They would need some serious counseling..!

Speaking of which I hope Dr Peterson is not in the Lucas/ Hugh family,.!!

And I hope not Dr. Travis either!!

As bad as I feel for Corrine's estranged husband, he does come across as something of a jerk, and it's clear the divorce in progress was bitter.

It's clear he was not welcome by Corrine's parents at the hospital, who clearly favored Gideon and were close to Elizabeth Vidal. Poor Corrine's parents probably had all their hopes pinned on Corrine and Gideon as star-crossed lovers from years ago now headed toward Happily Ever After -- reunited and to be married soon.

When the doctor came out to talk, Corrine's father tried to shut out Jean-Francois, pointing out to the doctor that he (as a parent) was the "family" here. But for legal reasons (Jean-Francois as spouse was the next of kin) and for obvious reasons (talking about a pregnancy where Jean-Francois is assumed the father) the doctor insisted upon talking privately with him, rather than talking with Corrine's father and mother.

Very sad.

Then when the Dr. leaves Gideon goes to see Giroux and Giroux lunges into him. I wanted to pop Gideon in the nose myself!!!

Does anyone think that when Daphne, Megumi's boss got the call that she would be out sick and that Megumi sounded terrible, that someone might be disguising his voice to sound like her?  I think Megumi is in big trouble!

Very interesting point Barbie...

YIPPEE!!!! I can't believe i figured out how to get this avatar.

Sorry I don't remember your name-but thank you-you have Gid's wedding band as yours.

In case no one noticed-those are Eva's red f%#k-me shoes. I'm wearing them now-sure hope they work ;D

Hey! how did you get that please?

How do we think Gideon should handle the situation with Corinne going forward? Should he visit her in the hospital? Cut off all contact and refuse to speak to her again?

Personally I think visiting her in hospital is another mixed message and she may believe (if her suicide attempt was to manipulate Gideon into coming back to her) that she has been successful. I think he should write her a letter making it quite clear that they are finished forever, explain to her how he feels about Eva. I dont think he should necessarily give it to her right away - maybe give it to her husband to pass on when he feels she is strong enough. But I think by not visiting her that should send a message in itself that he is done playing games and she needs to move on, deal with this mess she has created, without him.

Surely he's going to want to see her, I say this because once Eva (seeing that she does) puts the recents events into motion and steps backs too look at them she's going to say to Gideon "do you think Anne was Corrine's therapist" she going to knock some since into him and he too may realize that very possibility and that's going to make him want to see Corrine for that purpose..! But after that he should lay their friendship to rest..!

Hey! how did you get that please?

Trust me-I'm not the one you should be asking....but here goes.

Go to your profile click arrow down by your name, hit 'your settings', it'll show-'change your picture' click on that and then you can choose where to get your pic from-I just hit 'browse' and it automatically went to 'my pictures'. Even the fact that I actually have pictures to choose from is a miracle in itself!!!

That's it-I hit 'open' on the 'my pics' file and it went into the avatar box.

Good luck, Julie-hope I helped.

Do you know, the day Eva is sick, poor Gideon will be beside himself. Before she started her period in Reflected, after the Corinne nooner stunt, and when Victor found out about her abuse. Eva was upset, each time his response is, are you sick. He is worried about her well being to the point of being paranoid. He will never make old bones if he doesn't relax a little. I know he worries constantly, because she is his safe place.

Do you know, the day Eva is sick, poor Gideon will be beside himself. Before she started her period in Reflected, after the Corinne nooner stunt, and when Victor found out about her abuse. Eva was upset, each time his response is, are you sick. He is worried about her well being to the point of being paranoid. He will never make old bones if he doesn't relax a little. I know he worries constantly, because she is his safe place.

There are times when he reminds me of Christian Grey. Not sure if that's good or bad?????

Yes..! That's his <3

Trust me-I'm not the one you should be asking....but here goes.

Go to your profile click arrow down by your name, hit 'your settings', it'll show-'change your picture' click on that and then you can choose where to get your pic from-I just hit 'browse' and it automatically went to 'my pictures'. Even the fact that I actually have pictures to choose from is a miracle in itself!!!

That's it-I hit 'open' on the 'my pics' file and it went into the avatar box.

Good luck, Julie-hope I helped.

Thank you azmich I've finally changed my profile picture .

Now I just would love to know how to put a photo in post