SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I think back to what Gideon told Eva in North Carolina .... after he'd been with Anne Lucas, no matter how long he showered, he couldn't feel clean. She must have been manipulating his mind even while he was using her.

I think it's obvious she bought the lie that wedding bells were in the future for Gideon and Corrine .... but I wondered whether she had been messing with Corrine's mind during those weeks when Corrine was convinced she and Gideon were dating again but at the same time Corrine incredibly frustrated by mixed messages -- why wouldn't Gideon sleep with her?

Once Gideon dumped Corrine, Corrine would have been putty in Anne's hands. Anne would not have known yet have known about Eva, but Anne likely could have thought to herself something like this -- further proof Gideon Cross is a cold-hearted jerk when it comes to women, he dumped Corrine like he dumped me, but now I have a chance to really get back at him if I can drive Corrine to kill herself over him. With his background, his father a suicide, something like this actually would get under his cold skin. Plus he'd be publicly shamed for having shattered Corrine.

Agree that Eva needs to watch her back now. Fortunately for Eva, she knows a great deal more about the truth than Anne could ever suspect.

Anne is more f***** up than I initially thought!

Eva definitely needs to watch her back, but her knowledge is power in this situation and I dont think Anne would be able to manipulate her very easily. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gideon especially wants the media reporting they're engaged and then wedding pictures plastered all over the place to proclaim to the whole world Eva is his.

Good Lord, the man is regressing a bit -- again. It's almost like the staged-sidewalk-kiss all over again: Caveman proclaiming "She Little Cross Woman - Back Off!!!" (That means you, Kline.)  Perhaps part of him is still guilt driven by having hurt Eva so badly by him deliberately getting himself photographed with Corrine.

Speaking of, one thing did make me want to spank Gideon -- Chapter 23, them climbing out of the limo, him sliding his lips across her temple and saying something guaranteed to make her laugh. It instantly reminded me of the photo that broke Eva's heart -- Gideon with his arm around Corrine's waist, " .... his lips nearly touching her temple. She had a drink in her hand and was laughing."  He did that same little trick to make Corrine laugh for the camera -- I wonder what sweet nothing he whispered to Corrine that night.

I also had the same thought about Gideon and Corrine at the mixer. Grrr.

I think that while Eva has become so much more secure in Gideon's love for her, Gideon still feels unworthy of the love she has for him. We talk about Eva's self esteem, but his isn't that much better. He really feels so unworthy of Eva. I do also think he still feels guilty about parading Corrine around. I was so happy to hear that Gideon was still seeing Dr. Petersen, he is in desperate need of those sessions.

Hi Rogue, 

I agree with you completely.  I think that there was physical proof or evidence and I think that Dr. Lucas tried to hide it.  What I would be interested in knowing is who was the other pediatrician who examined Gideon.  Elizabeth said that she had two doctors examine Gideon.  What would his motive have been for lying or for coverin up the abuse. 

You also bring up a good point about Gideon investigating Anne. Wouldn't Gideon have found out about Anne and Hugh being brother/sister?  Is that when Gideon decided to end the affair?  Or did that information come out later.  So many questions.  Now all we have to do is wait for the answers. 

Gideon did find out that Anne & Hugh's entire family worked in mental health. The question is -- when did he learn that?

I hate to think that Gideon told another one of his half truths ... told Eva (correctly) getting even with Dr. Terry Lucas was a motive for him f****** Anne. But what if there was a double-motive involved -- f***** Anne because of what her brother did to him?

Why would they blame Eva? Shes still married . It has to be obvious to everyone now that corriine and Gideon weren't dating . Why would he bring Eva if they were....so maybe they had all assumed ,or Corinne fed it too. Idk. I want her out of the pic ASAP in book 4. She's not Gideon's problem , she's her husbands . Gideon's gotta cut ties indefinitely . No?

Btw, I may have multiple postings comin up...catching up on all these pages! :)

Hi Nathalia, 

I think that Corinne's parents might blame Eva because she is what was standing in the way for their daughter's happily ever after.  I would have to think that at some point, Corinne must have confided in one of her relatives that she may have made a mistake in marrying the wrong man and that she made a mistake when she walked away from Gideon. 

They may be reacting on an elemental level; do what ever is necessary to keep our daughter from trying to kill herself again.  I think that if they took the time and looked at the situation, they probably wouldn't be so quick to judge.  They would begin to realize that their daughter had serious issues that go way beyond Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I think back to what Gideon told Eva in North Carolina .... after he'd been with Anne Lucas, no matter how long he showered, he couldn't feel clean. She must have been manipulating his mind even while he was using her.

I think it's obvious she bought the lie that wedding bells were in the future for Gideon and Corrine .... but I wondered whether she had been messing with Corrine's mind during those weeks when Corrine was convinced she and Gideon were dating again but at the same time Corrine incredibly frustrated by mixed messages -- why wouldn't Gideon sleep with her?

Once Gideon dumped Corrine, Corrine would have been putty in Anne's hands. Anne would not have known yet have known about Eva, but Anne likely could have thought to herself something like this -- further proof Gideon Cross is a cold-hearted jerk when it comes to women, he dumped Corrine like he dumped me, but now I have a chance to really get back at him if I can drive Corrine to kill herself over him. With his background, his father a suicide, something like this actually would get under his cold skin. Plus he'd be publicly shamed for having shattered Corrine.

Agree that Eva needs to watch her back now. Fortunately for Eva, she knows a great deal more about the truth than Anne could ever suspect.

Also (we r assuming it was Ann) she said that 2 girls went into depression because of him. We definitely know one was Corinne. Was the other woman her

I do think it would blow over quickly. The issue is can Eva's self-esteem handle it?

I think that Eva is getting stronger every day and I think her actions are proving that.  I also think that it is a good thing that she and Cary are going to San Diego for the weekend.  She realizes that she needs to talk to someone that she can trust.  She hasn't been reacting impulsively or rashly.  When she has become upset, she steps back and takes the time to calm down and then she tackles the problem instead of lashing out.  I think those are all really good signs that her self esteem is well on the way to mending.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

I agree that Gideon should cut all ties with Corinne but I think that he should do that in person with the presence of the psychiatrist there so there would be an objective witness that could help her in case she doesn’t take the news well.

I know that many people may have disagreed with me about how responsibility Gideon has in the role the play with Corinne’s mental breakdown.  Gideon isn’t responsible for Corinne swallowing the pill or her suicide attempt. No way!  Gideon is how responsible for leading Corinne on.  I think that he owes her the truth; that he never loved, he wasn’t capable of loving her because of his own serious issues and that he wouldn’t have been able to go through with the wedding because of his issues.  I think that would do more in helping everyone to move on with their lives instead of blaming and berating one another. 

I don’t condone what Corinne did.  I just think that at this point Gideon has to tell Corinne about what life was like for him during their relationship.  I really Corinne just needs to hear the truth, as painful as it may be.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

P.S.  I am glad that Corinne didn’t wind up a stalker as some had speculated, but I am saddened by the fact that she tried to commit suicide.

I think that Eva is getting stronger every day and I think her actions are proving that.  I also think that it is a good thing that she and Cary are going to San Diego for the weekend.  She realizes that she needs to talk to someone that she can trust.  She hasn't been reacting impulsively or rashly.  When she has become upset, she steps back and takes the time to calm down and then she tackles the problem instead of lashing out.  I think those are all really good signs that her self esteem is well on the way to mending.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I can't wait for the scenes with dr Travis

Hi Rogue,

Do you think that given different circumstances, Eva would even talk to Brett?  When I read the book I got the feeling that the only reason Eva continued to have contact with Brett was to keep up all appearances “for the detectives, etc.†  I agree with you that Eva is somehow punishing Gideon for the way he handled the entire Corinne situation.  It is clear that is still a sore spot for Eva.    What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

I was wondering about what you said.  I wonder if Eva hesitated about marrying Gideon because of her fear of change or whether she was afraid that Gideon might change and revert back to his old ways (shut her out and hurt her, etc.).  What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

It was mentioned that Corinne had been married for a few years if I am not mistaken.  Do you think that Corinne’s marriage would have failed earlier if there was no love?  I think that on some level Corinne’s husband must love her.  He flew all the way from France to see her/bring her back home.  He was also present at the hospital when Corinne was admitted after a serious suicide attempt.  He also exploded and tried to attack Gideon when he found out about the miscarriage.  If Jean Francois didn’t love Corinne, I don’t think that he would have done any of the above mentioned.  I think these responses would have been resigned and maybe even a little apathetic.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

What you describe as a long distance friendship doesn’t really sound like a friendship at all.  It actually sounds like someone who is being civilized when seeing someone they once knew; sort of like a hi and bye type of greeting.  You know the “how nice to see you†or “how is the wife and children†or “how is businessâ€.  When all is said and done it more of an; “it was nice to see you†type of greeting.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Stanton knows exactly what kind of woman Monica is.  Somehow I don’t think that she could be that clever in fooling Stanton.  A man with that kind of wealth and power can’t be fooled easily.  I do however feel badly for him.  I don’t think that anyone deserves to be cheated on and I am not sure what he would do if he found out about Monica’s infidelity.  I think what makes that infidelity worse is the fact that Monica slept with Eva’s father and like it or not, there is an unbreakable connection between these two and I think that on some level Stanton knows that.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

I think that Victor was accepting of Eva and Gideon getting back together because of his actions with Monica.  I can’t see how Victor could sit in judgment of Gideon when he himself cheated with a married woman (Monica).  I think that if the circumstances were different I am not so sure that Victor would have been all systems go. 

As far as the Gideon cheating thing, I am not so sure that Victor would have bought that entire story.  I think that as a beat cop, he would have done some digging and would have realized a couple of really important things. Gideon never looked at Corinne the way that he did when he looked at Eva.  Love was written all over his face.  Gideon also never physically kissed Corinne on the lips the way he did Eva in front of the gym.  If Gideon was so hot for Corinne by rekindling an old flame, why wouldn’t he have his lips and hands all over Corinne and why wasn’t the media privy to that.  Gideon put up a nice enough front, but I don’t think that he could fool a man who knows what it is to truly love a woman and not be able to have her. 

As far as the Cary deal, I think that Cary had bigger fish to fry at that point.  I also think that Cary probably tried to connect with Eva on several occasions but Eva was busy trying to keep Gideon’s secrets (now Eva’s as well).  By the time Cary and Eva had that all important talk, it was already too late.  I think that Cary may sense that there is more going on with Eva but doesn’t want to completely rock the boat with her.  They already had it out once, I am not sure he is up for round two.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?   

I can't wait for the scenes with dr Travis

Hi Donnad, 

I agree.  I can hardly wait to see what Dr. Travis is like.  I wonder if we will get a chance to see some dialogue between them.  Oh to be a fly on that wall during a session....sigh! Oh the waiting...the waiting...

In this book I felt that something had fundamentally changed about Eva .I can't quite put my finger on it but I lost some of the liking I had for her in the first two books .In Bared and Reflected she was this refreshing heroine the type of which you don't come across often in romance novels I loved her .In this book something was off about her for me. I don't know if the Brett stuff is interfering because one of the amazing things about Gideva for me is their mutual love ,devotion ,captivation and obsession that leaves no room for either of them to be ###### after another .I even got to thinking that she and Brett had more heat than Gideon in the sack as mad as that sounds because she's still ###### after him when all he offered was sex and Gideon in affering her all of himself.When I started the book I had this dread that she was going to end up in bed with Brett and that still hasn't gone away going into the next book and perhaps that's the issue or I have issues .I read the book three times thinking that maybe the first time I rushed through it and didn't absorb her as a character or I've been reading so many other books and had been out of the crossfire world and needed to reacclamatise .I loved Gideon and have consistently in previous books and the strange thing is at times I felt he deserved better than her I even considered that maybe if Eva if so hot for Brett it wouldn't be a bad thing if she was with him .I know how wrong it is in my head but couldn't help it .I loved Cary in this book and I was off him a bit in Reflected ,perhaps it's natural to go off a character every once in a while and I'll get to really like her again in the next books.

Whoa.....i was thinking the same thing. I absolutely loved Eva in the first two books.....now....idk....maybe it is the Brett thing . Or maybe it seems Gideon is doing/giving so much and she isn't . I do like how she's fighting on his behalf....but yes, Eva is worrying me.

I also had the same thought about Gideon and Corrine at the mixer. Grrr.

I think that while Eva has become so much more secure in Gideon's love for her, Gideon still feels unworthy of the love she has for him. We talk about Eva's self esteem, but his isn't that much better. He really feels so unworthy of Eva. I do also think he still feels guilty about parading Corrine around. I was so happy to hear that Gideon was still seeing Dr. Petersen, he is in desperate need of those sessions.

Hi Kirsten,

I think you hit the nail on the head.  It seems that Gideon is really quite insecure.  I never really realized just how much so until the third book.  I too think it is a good idea that Gideon is contiuing with his therapy sessions. I hope they get their happily ever after. 

Why would they blame Eva? Shes still married . It has to be obvious to everyone now that corriine and Gideon weren't dating . Why would he bring Eva if they were....so maybe they had all assumed ,or Corinne fed it too. Idk. I want her out of the pic ASAP in book 4. She's not Gideon's problem , she's her husbands . Gideon's gotta cut ties indefinitely . No?

Btw, I may have multiple postings comin up...catching up on all these pages! :)

I don't think these people are reality based. Why has Gideon even been called to the hospital? They believe that Gideon is dating their daughter. They will either be blaming Jean or Eva for Corrine.

I can only imagine what went through Elizabeth's mind when Eva accompanied Gideon to the hospital.

I'll bet Elizabeth is willing to blame Eva for Corrine too .... Elizabeth probably thinks that Eva deliberately broke up Gideon and Corrine.

Plus she spouting that BS to Corrine's parents. I understood Gideon wanting to get Eva out of there I just wish he would have spoken to her about it, not sent Angus in to get her.

Hi Nathalia, 

I think that Corinne's parents might blame Eva because she is what was standing in the way for their daughter's happily ever after.  I would have to think that at some point, Corinne must have confided in one of her relatives that she may have made a mistake in marrying the wrong man and that she made a mistake when she walked away from Gideon. 

They may be reacting on an elemental level; do what ever is necessary to keep our daughter from trying to kill herself again.  I think that if they took the time and looked at the situation, they probably wouldn't be so quick to judge.  They would begin to realize that their daughter had serious issues that go way beyond Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I agree GiGi. Corrine's parents will blame Eva for Corrine's unhappiness. They have seen Corrine and Gideon in the papers, they are believing that she and Gideon are getting back together. Let's look at it from their POV. Corrine broke the engagement... probably breaking Gideon's heart. She moves back her and he seemingly welcomes her with open arms. He's never dated anyone seriously since Corrine, although we could make the argument that he dated Eva seriously, Eva is the one who was "dumped" as soon as Corrine was back.

Hi Rogue,

Do you think that given different circumstances, Eva would even talk to Brett?  When I read the book I got the feeling that the only reason Eva continued to have contact with Brett was to keep up all appearances “for the detectives, etc.†  I agree with you that Eva is somehow punishing Gideon for the way he handled the entire Corinne situation.  It is clear that is still a sore spot for Eva.    What do you think? What does everyone think?

I have to say no. Saying that though I am confused as to why she agreed to see him when she was in SD. Her and Gideon are married for goodness sakes. I do think subconsciously she is doing this to get even with Gideon, but I am over Brett. Eva could never date someone like Brett. She is way to jealous and insecure. She'd be thinking about all of those girls backstage while he is out on tour.

His initial guilt evaporated as soon as he found out about Stunt #2 from Eva. He decided then and there he had nothing further to say to Corrine. Whatever slack he might have been willing to cut Corrine for #1 (the nooner) #2 proved beyond all doubt was a manipulative little b**** Corrine really was.

What finally forced him to break "radio silence" was her constantly calling him, including calling his office. Then she showed up obviously unannounced at the Crossfire again. Maybe she even lurked in the lobby until he came through -- him either leaving for a lunch meeting or coming back from one? Because it was lunchtime when Eva spotted Corrine and him in the lobby.

I think the guilt kicked back in again when he figured out she really was in despair --- him blaming himself. He'd known her long enough to know her behavior was becoming increasingly irrational, and he wasn't so angry at her for hurting Eva that he wasn't also concerned when it became apparent Corrine was headed for nervous breakdown.

I hear what you are saying but every time Gideon responds to her it gives her hope for more.  He should have called Giroux and got him involved.  Not sure that would have made as interesting a story but it is still what he should have done.  I do so hope he doesn't continue the back and forth with Corinne in book 4 and/or 5