SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Sscrph,

I was wondering about what you said.  I wonder if Eva hesitated about marrying Gideon because of her fear of change or whether she was afraid that Gideon might change and revert back to his old ways (shut her out and hurt her, etc.).  What do you think? What does everyone think?

I think that Eva really thinks that Gideon will eventually leave her and she will never survive it. She doesn't have the confidence to believe that Gideon could seriously want to be with her for FOREVER. As much as Eva and Gideon have grown to trust one another, swallowing that pill of their break-up has been difficult for Eva. Of course she understands why it was done, but at the same time, she knows what Gideon is capable of doing to her emotionally and I think that is what the hesitation was.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Eva is getting stronger every day and I think her actions are proving that.  I also think that it is a good thing that she and Cary are going to San Diego for the weekend.  She realizes that she needs to talk to someone that she can trust.  She hasn't been reacting impulsively or rashly.  When she has become upset, she steps back and takes the time to calm down and then she tackles the problem instead of lashing out.  I think those are all really good signs that her self esteem is well on the way to mending.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think it is a good thing for Eva to go to SD and I think it is good if she goes without Gideon.  He needs to show he will trust her just like he expects her to trust him.

I don't believe that Anne was the psyc.  Wouldn't Gideon know her?  He said he ignored her advances until he found out she was Lucas' wife.  He was only going to be with her one time but continued because it hurt Dr. Terry.  It seems to me if he knew Anne was his doctor he would have reenacted one of his dreams for her.

I agree with this. I don't think she was either. He would have known her.

I still wonder when the abuse stopped for Gideon.  I think he was about 10 when it started... When he complained to his Mom and an investigation was started, did the abuse stop or what.  so confusing.  then Gideon said he told Hugh (after the statue of limitations ) that he would financially fund any civll or criminal lawsuit.  so that had to happen after he got some money (that would be after age 18)  then the suicide happened....

also, what was the point in Det Graves sparring with Eva....?  taking out frustrations that she can't win the case?  that didn't make much sense.

Still mad aboat Victor and Monica, also the Bret situation.  He is dangerous to Eva (who still thinks he is sexy as h e l l )  He will try something.  She shouldn't go to SD only with Cary....

Gideon was always in control.  Asking about birth control was one of the first questions he had for Eva at the apartment the dayof the advocacy  dinner.  He would be suspicious of Corrine if she tried to pin it on him.

laters

I think it is a good thing for Eva to go to SD and I think it is good if she goes without Gideon.  He needs to show he will trust her just like he expects her to trust him.

I'm also wondering about Gideon making that trip. Eva agreed to this trip to spend time with Cary. Trying to reconnect with him is what is on the forefront of her mind. I have no doubt that Gideon will want her to fly in his plane and take along security, and Eva needs to realize that she needs that. Let's face it by Friday morning pictures of Eva and Gideon and the ring will be all over the papers. I have no doubt that Gideon will instruct his PR people to release a statement. Being the future wife (:rolleyes:) of a billionaire comes with certain safety risks that Eva must realize. She is no longer able to fight Gideon on her security, she needs it, and should accept it gracefully.

Hi Nathalia, 

I think that Corinne's parents might blame Eva because she is what was standing in the way for their daughter's happily ever after.  I would have to think that at some point, Corinne must have confided in one of her relatives that she may have made a mistake in marrying the wrong man and that she made a mistake when she walked away from Gideon. 

They may be reacting on an elemental level; do what ever is necessary to keep our daughter from trying to kill herself again.  I think that if they took the time and looked at the situation, they probably wouldn't be so quick to judge.  They would begin to realize that their daughter had serious issues that go way beyond Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

That's true

-

In this book I felt that something had fundamentally changed about Eva .I can't quite put my finger on it but I lost some of the liking I had for her in the first two books .In Bared and Reflected she was this refreshing heroine the type of which you don't come across often in romance novels I loved her .In this book something was off about her for me. I don't know if the Brett stuff is interfering because one of the amazing things about Gideva for me is their mutual love ,devotion ,captivation and obsession that leaves no room for either of them to be ###### after another .I even got to thinking that she and Brett had more heat than Gideon in the sack as mad as that sounds because she's still ###### after him when all he offered was sex and Gideon in affering her all of himself.When I started the book I had this dread that she was going to end up in bed with Brett and that still hasn't gone away going into the next book and perhaps that's the issue or I have issues .I read the book three times thinking that maybe the first time I rushed through it and didn't absorb her as a character or I've been reading so many other books and had been out of the crossfire world and needed to reacclamatise .I loved Gideon and have consistently in previous books and the strange thing is at times I felt he deserved better than her I even considered that maybe if Eva if so hot for Brett it wouldn't be a bad thing if she was with him .I know how wrong it is in my head but couldn't help it .I loved Cary in this book and I was off him a bit in Reflected ,perhaps it's natural to go off a character every once in a while and I'll get to really like her again in the next books.

Whoa.....i was thinking the same thing. I absolutely loved Eva in the first two books.....now....idk....maybe it is the Brett thing . Or maybe it seems Gideon is doing/giving so much and she isn't . I do like how she's fighting on his behalf....but yes, Eva is worrying me.

I have to disagree with both of you.  I love Eva in this book (I've loved her all along)  She is strong and working to support her man.  I think we see a different side to her, she still has flaws that she is dealing with, but she is a good person and she will do the right thing in the end.  After all that they have gone through there is no way that she will hurt him by having an affair with Brett.  She may have to take him down with her Krav Maga skills but she will do the right thing.

I still wonder when the abuse stopped for Gideon.  I think he was about 10 when it started... When he complained to his Mom and an investigation was started, did the abuse stop or what.  so confusing.  then Gideon said he told Hugh (after the statue of limitations ) that he would financially fund any civll or criminal lawsuit.  so that had to happen after he got some money (that would be after age 18)  then the suicide happened....

also, what was the point in Det Graves sparring with Eva....?  taking out frustrations that she can't win the case?  that didn't make much sense.

Still mad aboat Victor and Monica, also the Bret situation.  He is dangerous to Eva (who still thinks he is sexy as h e l l )  He will try something.  She shouldn't go to SD only with Cary....

Gideon was always in control.  Asking about birth control was one of the first questions he had for Eva at the apartment the dayof the advocacy  dinner.  He would be suspicious of Corrine if she tried to pin it on him.

laters

The statue of limitations on sex abuse in NY is 5 years. I don't think the abuse stopped right away. Elizabeth didn't believe him which further empowered Huge to do whatever the he wanted to, to Gideon.

Eva still has issues with her hearing. Gideon said something to Deanna at the end of the book, WHAT! Argh!

When reading EWY I was waiting to find out what Gideon whispered and now there's another whispered comment that we don't know. I am so happy that there are more books cause I can't get enough.

I'm also wondering about Gideon making that trip. Eva agreed to this trip to spend time with Cary. Trying to reconnect with him is what is on the forefront of her mind. I have no doubt that Gideon will want her to fly in his plane and take along security, and Eva needs to realize that she needs that. Let's face it by Friday morning pictures of Eva and Gideon and the ring will be all over the papers. I have no doubt that Gideon will instruct his PR people to release a statement. Being the future wife ( :rolleyes:) of a billionaire comes with certain safety risks that Eva must realize. She is no longer able to fight Gideon on her security, she needs it, and should accept it gracefully.

I honestly think Eva is going to talk to Brett because she wants to find out what he knows about the sex tape.  I feel like she hates Gideon taking on all the pressure she is bringing to their relationship.  I don't have a problem with her thinking Brett is sexy I see a lot of men that I think a nice on the eyes...we see some posted on this website but that doesn't mean I would cheat with them.  Eva loves Gideon, who is the sexier man in her eyes (and mine too).  She feels so responsible that she questioned if she should even have the Cross name.  She will do fine, IMO .

Mam2e, on 08 Jun 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:snapback.png

I have to disagree with both of you.  I love Eva in this book (I've loved her all along)  She is strong and working to support her man.  I think we see a different side to her, she still has flaws that she is dealing with, but she is a good person and she will do the right thing in the end.  After all that they have gone through there is no way that she will hurt him by having an affair with Brett.  She may have to take him down with her Krav Maga skills but she will do the right thing.

You know Sharon I'm torn with Eva. During my first read I was a little upset about the Brett situation, but honestly read so fast that I didn't absorb a lot of the emotion. By my second read I was like what is she thinking? I know subconsciously she is punishing Gideon, but she has to realize this at some point and stop it. Can you imagine Gideon having all of these thoughts about Corrine? We'd lynch him. I have no doubt in my mind that Eva loves Gideon. I don't think that Eva will cheat on Gideon with Brett, but I do have to admit that seeing her have all these thoughts about Brett caused me to be a bit more annoyed with her this go round. I have to believe that because she is now married to Gideon and he has laid it all out there for her, that when she is in SD she will be completely honest with Brett and hopefully that will be the last we see of him. I think the next two books while we are working on sorting Gideon out that Eva will once again be the heroine we all know and love. 

The statue of limitations on sex abuse in NY is 5 years. I don't think the abuse stopped right away. Elizabeth didn't believe him which further empowered Huge to do whatever the ###### he wanted to, to Gideon.

Hi Kirsten, 

Does the Statue of Limitations begin when the assault happened or when the person first makes a pubic outcry?  In Canada, the Statue of Limitations begins when a complaint comes forward.

I would think that Gideon case would make all kinds of legal news!  Gideon did make an outcry; to his mother but his mother didn't believe him.  He may have made an outcry to the pediatricians but they covered up the fruits of the crime.  So question here; is there a legal loophole or a way to go around that Statue?

Hi Fsumom,

Now that would have been a real surprise to the entire lot of them! I can also completely understand why Gideon chose to say nothing.  Corinne’s family probably would have been completely devastated by that kind of news and it might also seem like Gideon was rubbing it in their faces during such a tragic time. 

I think that Corinne was starting to unravel mentally before she tried to commit suicide.  I base that on the phone calls she made to Gideon and the scene that she created at the Crossfire.  I think that that she became so desperate and hopeless that she decided that life wasn’t worth living. 

If Corinne also knew about the pregnancy, it may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.  It all may have been too much.  I don’t know anyone that would seriously try to kill themselves, knowing that they were pregnant all in attempts to guilt someone.  I could be wrong, but somehow this situation reads as a very sick woman who finally reached the end of her rope.  I know that many may vehemently disagree and that’s cool. I am basing this on what Sylvia wrote and nothing more. 

Hi Jeanmarie,

I think that given the situation, Gideon couldn’t have sent Eva a text.  I really sat and thought about it and I wondered what would happen if Gideon got texts from untraceable cell phones.  If the police were investigating him in secret, then it would only raise more suspicion.  I think that it was just a bad situation all around.  Do you know what I mean?  I can definitely see your point though.  Eva deserved a phone call or a text at the very least. I just don’t think that the circumstances permitted it.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Bookworm,

Who do you think could be behind this whole “mafia†thing?  I know that really threw me for a loop when I read that.  Who on earth could be connected to the mob?  Do you think any of the characters that we have seen thus far could be plausible suspects?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

P.S.  How do you think that Monica could be a potential link to the mob?  Do you think that she may have been a mobster’s girlfriend or could there be something more going on?  Do you think that the mob took Megumi?  I think it would be hard to confuse Monica and Megumi right? 

Hi Kirsten,

I agree with you. Gideon’s actions are still suspect.  It seems like he is still having trouble telling Eva what is going on.  You are also right.  It was odd that Gideon disappeared after the hospital scene without a word to Eva, but I could understand why he waited until he got home to explain what was going on.  I was relieved that he eventually confided in Eva.  That shows me they are heading in the right direction.

Hi Fayeth,

I would have thought that the adult guardian would have been using those shares on Irelands’ behalf.  Why wouldn’t Elizabeth Vidal look after her own daughter’s shares?  Is she not competent as an investor or share holder?  Does she not trust her husband with her daughters’ shares?  That entire scenario is odd, strange and odd to say the least! I think that there has to be something more going on there. 

There are several titans of industry who run into financial trouble and they don’t sell their children’s share of the company to relieve the financial distress.  I get the feeling that Gideon may have done a little arm twisting.  Maybe it is just me, but I think there is more to that story.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Kirsten, 

Does the Statue of Limitations begin when the assault happened or when the person first makes a pubic outcry?  In Canada, the Statue of Limitations begins when a complaint comes forward.

I would think that Gideon case would make all kinds of legal news!  Gideon did make an outcry; to his mother but his mother didn't believe him.  He may have made an outcry to the pediatricians but they covered up the fruits of the crime.  So question here; is there a legal loophole or a way to go around that Statue?

Hi GiGi- The statue of limitations begins on the last date of abuse. The clock here really started ticking with the last time Huge touched him.

I agree GiGi. Corrine's parents will blame Eva for Corrine's unhappiness. They have seen Corrine and Gideon in the papers, they are believing that she and Gideon are getting back together. Let's look at it from their POV. Corrine broke the engagement... probably breaking Gideon's heart. She moves back her and he seemingly welcomes her with open arms. He's never dated anyone seriously since Corrine, although we could make the argument that he dated Eva seriously, Eva is the one who was "dumped" as soon as Corrine was back.

Hi Kirsten, 

Everything that you said is completely plausible.  I agree, I just think that parents surely have to know their own children or at least have some idea about what is going on in their lives but perhaps that is a matter of perspective.  My background is European and I am sure that many who have European parents (Italian, Polish, Greek, French, Russian-yes I know not part of Europe but you get my point) can attest to the fact of having close relationships with their kids regardless of age.  Everyone is in everyone else's business (now I am sure that there must be at least a few forum members if not more) who can testify to that fact.  I just think that there is more to the situation than meets the eye and I would hope that given time, each of these  individuals would go back and look from an objective perspetive.  Who knows..people are different and all people react differently. 

Hi Fayeth,

I don’t think that Gideon would have stolen Elizabeth’s engagement ring.  I just wondered what he may have said to his mother to get his hands on it.  I don’t think that he would have asked her when he and Corinne were engaged.  Gideon describes that time in his life with a lot of distress and panic.  Somehow I don’t think that if what everyone has said is true and that that ring represented a really positive time in his life with his mother and father, I don’t think that Gideon would have given Corinne that ring.

Whether Gideon was willing to admit that to himself or not, on some level, he knew that a marriage with Corinne would have been a disaster and in the end he would have lost himself and a very precious rare memento of a happy time in his life.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?