SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi GiGi- The statue of limitations begins on the last date of abuse. The clock here really started ticking with the last time Huge touched him.

Hi Kirsten, 

Is there a legal loophole that Gideon could have availed himself of?  What about the supporting cast of despicable characters?  Is there a Statue of Limitations for them too? From a healthcare perspective, a patient could lodge a complaint at any time regardless of when the abuse took place.  The complaint wouldn't be any less valid.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kirsten,

I agree with you. Gideon’s actions are still suspect.  It seems like he is still having trouble telling Eva what is going on.  You are also right.  It was odd that Gideon disappeared after the hospital scene without a word to Eva, but I could understand why he waited until he got home to explain what was going on.  I was relieved that he eventually confided in Eva.  That shows me they are heading in the right direction.

As annoyed as I was, I also saw the light at the end of that tunnel. I was relieved that Gideon told Eva everything.

Hi Kirsten, 

Is there a legal loophole that Gideon could have availed himself of?  What about the supporting cast of despicable characters?  Is there a Statue of Limitations for them too? From a healthcare perspective, a patient could lodge a complaint at any time regardless of when the abuse took place.  The complaint wouldn't be any less valid.

There is no loophole unfortunately. I'm sure he could file a compliant, but without anyone backing up his accusation I doubt it would have went anywhere. Dr. Terry really screwed Gideon in so many ways.

Hi Kirsten,

I am sure that I am in the minority here but dirty fingernails are a huge turn off!  HC, Superman, GC....I don't care...yuck!! :)

The thought behind this GiGi is that this is Gideon, and his abuser. This was the chapter that Gideon shared with Eva what Huge had done to him.

I could understand what the ring met to Gideon but I would have wanted a new ring too. Elizabeth is toxic.

It occured to me during EWY, Gideon does love his mother, from a distance. He told Eva that is why he purchased controlling shares of vidal records, to save his mom from going through financial ruin twice.

No way they can be friends. I see Gideon going with them to SD. Brett is not giving up. But maybe the "I'm engaged" will make him see he doesn't have a chance.

I'm hoping Gideon goes with them too. Just to be able to ve with Eva and Victor. Oh and meet Dr. Travis too.

You know Sharon I'm torn with Eva. During my first read I was a little upset about the Brett situation, but honestly read so fast that I didn't absorb a lot of the emotion. By my second read I was like what is she thinking? I know subconsciously she is punishing Gideon, but she has to realize this at some point and stop it. Can you imagine Gideon having all of these thoughts about Corrine? We'd lynch him. I have no doubt in my mind that Eva loves Gideon. I don't think that Eva will cheat on Gideon with Brett, but I do have to admit that seeing her have all these thoughts about Brett caused me to be a bit more annoyed with her this go round. I have to believe that because she is now married to Gideon and he has laid it all out there for her, that when she is in SD she will be completely honest with Brett and hopefully that will be the last we see of him. I think the next two books while we are working on sorting Gideon out that Eva will once again be the heroine we all know and love. 

Hi Kirsten & Mam2e,

That is so interesting.  I never thought about Eva’s thoughts about Brett other than a fancy that passed a long time ago.  Eva was a different person back then.  The Eva of yesterday and today are like night and day.   I only ever thought that Eva saw Brett to keep up her cover.  Other than that I think that Brett would have wound up on the discard pile.  I don’t really think that Eva even owes Brett any kind of explanation.  She is now married to the love of her life.  What else is there to say? 

The thought behind this GiGi is that this is Gideon, and his abuser. This was the chapter that Gideon shared with Eva what Huge had done to him.

So my instinct of being grossed out is on the level.  I just need to leave out the whole attractive part.  No wait, I have to say that photo is then extremely disturbing on so many levels that I wouldn't even know where to begin.  Maybe others feel differently.  I don't know that I want to see a re-enactment of what was done to Gideon.  

There is no loophole unfortunately. I'm sure he could file a compliant, but without anyone backing up his accusation I doubt it would have went anywhere. Dr. Terry really screwed Gideon in so many ways.

No wonder Gideon is so angry!  His hands have been tied literally and figuratively; family, the medical profession, friends, the medical professions.....the list goes on.  Wow!

I have to say no. Saying that though I am confused as to why she agreed to see him when she was in SD. Her and Gideon are married for goodness sakes. I do think subconsciously she is doing this to get even with Gideon, but I am over Brett. Eva could never date someone like Brett. She is way to jealous and insecure. She'd be thinking about all of those girls backstage while he is out on tour.

A woman is always entitled to change her mind or so the saying goes.  I think this scenario would be a good time for Eva to consider that. Wink! 

I think that Eva really thinks that Gideon will eventually leave her and she will never survive it. She doesn't have the confidence to believe that Gideon could seriously want to be with her for FOREVER. As much as Eva and Gideon have grown to trust one another, swallowing that pill of their break-up has been difficult for Eva. Of course she understands why it was done, but at the same time, she knows what Gideon is capable of doing to her emotionally and I think that is what the hesitation was.

Good insight.  It would be  a sad way to live always waiting for the other  shoe to drop...

Hi Kirsten & Mam2e,

That is so interesting.  I never thought about Eva’s thoughts about Brett other than a fancy that passed a long time ago.  Eva was a different person back then.  The Eva of yesterday and today are like night and day.   I only ever thought that Eva saw Brett to keep up her cover.  Other than that I think that Brett would have wound up on the discard pile.  I don’t really think that Eva even owes Brett any kind of explanation.  She is now married to the love of her life.  What else is there to say? 

I don't think she owes him and explanation either which is why I'm annoyed she is even going to see him in SD. Why bother?

My only thought is that Gideon said he had been planning their wedding on the beach for weeks. Perhaps he had asked Elizabeth for the ring then? She did seem shocked. I can't really figure out why she would just give it to him for no reason you 

If Gideon did ask for the ring maybe Elizabeth thought it would be for Corrine.

Part of me thinks that Victor being a cop, he knew instinctively what Gideon had done, and why he hurt Eva cutting her off, needing honest reactions, when questioned by the police. He said himself when he got off the plane, he wanted to hurt someone/something. If Nathan had been around, I think Victor would have done the same as Gideon . Clancy told Eva what lengths he would go to, to protect his wife. I would have liked to have heard the conversation between Gideon and Victor.

Well it was taped so maybe it'll be in book 4.

If Gideon did ask for the ring maybe Elizabeth thought it would be for Corrine.

I am assuming that is what she thought if he had asked her for it. I am leaning towards the theory of the ring being sold to pay off the debts that were incurred with the Ponzi scheme and Gideon going back and buying the ring from it's owner.

Hi Fayeth,

I don’t think that Gideon would have stolen Elizabeth’s engagement ring.  I just wondered what he may have said to his mother to get his hands on it.  I don’t think that he would have asked her when he and Corinne were engaged.  Gideon describes that time in his life with a lot of distress and panic.  Somehow I don’t think that if what everyone has said is true and that that ring represented a really positive time in his life with his mother and father, I don’t think that Gideon would have given Corinne that ring.

Whether Gideon was willing to admit that to himself or not, on some level, he knew that a marriage with Corinne would have been a disaster and in the end he would have lost himself and a very precious rare memento of a happy time in his life.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Gigi

I think given that Gideon's mother's marriage ended so unhappily, I would imagine the ring wouldn't hold much sentimental value for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she gave it to Gideon because it wasn't really appropriate for her to keep it and certainly not to wear it. And she wouldn't have saved it for Ireland because it didn't come from Ireland's father. She probably wouldn't have minded if Gideon gave it to Corinne, but she couldn't stand Eva and would have hated for her to have her ring.