SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Donnad, 

Thank you for the response.  What I was getting at is that can the government just seize everything?  Wouldn't the government have to prove that Geoffrey Cross bought Elizabeth's engagement ring with ill gotten gains?  I know that there was somehthing similar with Bernie Madoff (sorry if the spelling is off) regarding one of the properties.  The government couldn't prove that his wife or her family didn't purchase the property with her family's money and as a result the government couldn't seize that asset.

I would have to think that Geoffrey Cross had money before he married Elizabeth and would have purchased that ring with that money and not the money from the Ponzi scheme. I guess the real question will be how long was Cross running that scam?  Pre-Elizabeth and marriage or post-marriage? 

Nope. They sell whatever they can to recoup the loss.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie,

I was thinking about what you and others have said about Jean Francois and I wonder how much of a role he played in the demise of his marriage.  It takes two to make a marriage and two to break a marriage.  Could it be that Jean Francois neglected Corinne on the most elemental level or had foolishly deluded himself into thinking that everything was fine in his marriage?  Could he have been sticking his head in the sand all along?

If your perspective is that Corinne was an evil so and so and everyone who came into contact with her should be pitied (just paraphrasing from postings that hate the character) then that’s fine.  I won’t discuss this topic with you further.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

No matter what a pancake and every situation has two sides. 

P.S.  If Corinne was four months pregnant, how on earth did Jean Francois not know his wife was pregnant?  Did he not notice anything?  No swollen nipples?  No morning sickness?  No sensitivity to smells?  Nothing?  That doesn’t sound like a man who was very attentive to his wife.  Corinne was in New York for only a short period of time.  The rest of that pregnant time she would have been with Jean Francois (perhaps even having sex on occasion). 

GiGi,

According to Gideon Jean Francois is a good guy who loved his wife but it became difficult for him to live with the memory Corinne had of Gideon.  I think JFG still loves his wife but he didn't know how to deal with his wife's continually comparing him to Gideon.  I don't think Corinne was always an evil person but she was evil in the way she treated Eva and, in the Gideon.  She knew what it would do to Gideon if she tried to kill herself.  We saw Gideon say he thinks he is cursed. 

As far as her husband knowing she was pregnant he was probably so frustrated that he wasn't paying close attention to her.  He was most likely throwing himself in his work to keep him busy.  I didn't hardly have an morning sickness with my first two children.  I think they were a couple in trouble and my guess is the last time they had sexual relations was when Corinne got pregnant. 

I feel bad for both of them but especially JFG because he didn't know how to deal with his wife.  I only feel sorry for Corinne before she came to NY.  It is a shame that she couldn't appreciate the life she had.

Another thing I keep thinking about is even if Gideon's mother didn't believe her son had been abused, how the h e l l could she have allowed someone her son obviously disliked so much to keep working with him? She's twice da**ed in my opinion. Of course Gideon still has feelings for her - children can suffer terrible abuse at the hands of their own parents and still not want to be taken from them.

I feel the same way.  If my child said anything about being abused I would remove the treat even if I couldn't confirm the accusations. 

Hi Kirsten, 

I am lost here.  Could you please explain?  How could an engagement ring be part of ponzi scheme?  Wouldn't the authorities have to prove that ring was purchased with ill gotten gains? 

I think the government can put a lien on all assets to attempt to repay the people who lost money.

I was frustrated with Gideon the way he handled the situation at the hospital. I was shocked when Angus showed up and said Gideon texted him. I'm wondering when he sent the text? Angus seemed to arrive pretty quickly, so do you think Gideon sent the text before they arrived at the hospital? Maybe he didn't really want Eva going but didn't know how to tell her.  Also after he left the hospital and found Deanna waiting for him. Was she at his penthouse or Eva's apartment? 

girl-waving-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon Shan. I think he was heading back to the apartment and he ran into Deanna. I found that whole thing odd. Is she stalking him? I was wondering when he text Angus too. He seemed to be on auto-pilot on the way to the hospital and then he got into the fight and was taken away so I'm not sure when that text was sent.

Hi Kirsten ,Nathalia and Gigi

Kirsten when you said Eva is subconsciously punishing Gideon ,that was a light bulb moment for me it helps put some of her behavior in perspective .It helps to see that the thoughts , feelings she has for Brett and her sending him mixed messages are not just for the sake of Brett but are due in part to a crack in her and Gideon's relationship that for me makes it feel less like a betrayal.

I was seriously bugged about the whole thing it helps to have people with a different view because it can help open your mind to another possibility /interpretation.

I think she needs to take the SD trip without Gideon and security detail and see Brett without Cary as a buffer because she needs to be the one to firmly put an end to whatever hopes he has and be able to resist whatever overtures he may make.If she doesn't resolve it on her own for herself without any coercion it'll never really be over for her ,him and us.

I can't think Gideon will be making that trip. I mean the trip was meant to be something for Eva and Cary, so they could reconnect and Cary could try and sort through things with the pregnancy at this point. I would love to see Eva strong telling Brett she is not interested and being able to move forward. I do think security has to come because she is now "engaged" (cough, cough) to one of the worlds richest men and that comes with some wackos, also I'm not sure about this whole Russian mob thing.

I completely agree, he would never have stolen the ring or given it to Corinne.  That is the point that I was making, Elizabeth seems shocked and if it was not (which I am positive it isn't) one of those two situations, than most likely he asked in general for it or it was given to him and yet she (Elizabeth) is so surpised to see it on Eva. 

I think Elizabeth was shocked that Eva was engaged to Gideon.  I think she would have grabbed Eva's hand regardless of what kind of engagement ring she was wearing.  The fact that Gideon gave Eva her old ring just made it clear and without question who gave her the ring and what it means.

I know that Gideon is getting better communicating with Eva but ....

Does it bother anyone that Gideon had time to text Angus requesting that he pic up Eva. I'm sure Gideon told Angus and/or Raul that he was leaving town but he couldn't find a minute to tel Eva. Was he angry about the tape and needed time. He turned off the tracker so Eva couldn't track him even though he gave her the instructions to track. Also, when he got back in town Gideon left Eva without telling her. I think he still needs some work in the area of communication.

I think Gideon was in the airplane when Eva tried to track him. I don't think he turned it off.

As far as the trip to San Diego goes, I can see both reasons why Eva would want and would not want Gideon to go with her.  First off we have to remember that she had been wanting to go to SD with Cary since the book pretty much started and way before she and Gideon got married.  I think she would want him to go with them to not only spend more time with her Dad, which we all know is important, but to also see where she has spent the last four plus years of her life and see/learn more about her.  I however think that she might not want him to go, so that she and Cary can have a trip together (possibly their last just the two of them) and to see Dr. Travis which she states is very important for not only her but also for Cary.

So if Gideon doesn't go with them, him sending security would have NOTHING to do with not trusting her or thinking she is going to cheat.  When Eva and Cary went to Las Vegas, Gideon had security for her and even in NY she cannot (literally) cross the street without Angus/Raul or someone taking care of her.  Eva knows (as do we as the readers) that this is exactly how Gideon shows his love for his Wife.  He takes are of her, plans everything and does whatever he can to let her know that she is safe (his #1 priority) and taken care of.  Eva has embraced that and so should we.  That is just Gideon being Gideon.

I don't think that sending security with Eva is an indication that Gideon doesn't love her.  I feel that Eva expects Gideon to do that.  I do think if Gideon insists on going with her that could indicate that he doesn't trust her.  To me, that would be ridiculous especially since he just left her at the hospital and then flew to California without talking to her.

Posted Today, 07:47 PM

jwil625, on 08 Jun 2013 - 7:28 PM, said:snapback.png

I am assuming that is what she thought if he had asked her for it. I am leaning towards the theory of the ring being sold to pay off the debts that were incurred with the Ponzi scheme and Gideon going back and buying the ring from it's owner.

I'm still wondering about this, Elizabeth definitely seemed shocked to see "her ring" on Eva's finger. So either Elizabeth didn't know Gideon had the ring and was perplexed to see it. Or he asked Elizabeth for it and she assumed that he would be asking Corinne to marry him.  I was also astounded when Elizabeth told  Ava  " I won't let you take him away from me".  Really, is she crazy too (like Corinne)? She doesn't seem to have much of a relationship with Gideon, they certainly are not close. I'm just really confused by her behavior, what do you all think?

I am also confused by Elizabeth. I have been confused by her since the freakin garden party. Between the way she went on about Eva's blonde hair and then her and Gideon with their exchange about Cary, I just don't know. I don't think they are close, but I feel like we don't know enough about Gideon for me to make these assumptions. Hopefully in book 4 and 5 we will learn much, much more.

A couple of things that I've been wondering:
If you are pregnant don't you have to stop taking anti depressants? I'm not sure what her deal was either knowing or not, wanting to get rid of the baby or try tricking Gideon into thinking it was his. No wonder she left France so quickly before she got further along. I'm just confused by wtf she was thinking and if she knew or not. I was also SO relieved to find out that it wasn't Gideon's baby. I am so glad that even with Corrine's advances and Gideon spending so much time with her that they didn't end up in bed together.

Who was in charge of the video? I think that I am even more suspicious of Chris JR because the video played out like the sex tape. Hmm. Makes me wonder. Something shady is going on at Vidal Records. Did Brett seen the video before it was made public? I know that Chris JR has always been jealous of Gideon -maybe this was his way to try and mess things up for Gideon? When Eva asked Gideon not to watch the tape I just felt for her so much.
With Eva newly married and still thinking of Brett sexually, WTF! I really think that there's going to be some major drama in San Diego. I don't think that Eva will cheat, but she sure gets in compromising situations where Brett is concerned.

I like that now that Gideon is confiding more in Eva with most of his back story/history. Some of it wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be, I was over thinking some of the reasons why. I was however heartbroken when I read the part where Eva finds out about the text. I know relationships like this are new to Gideon, but I hope for the best.

Cary has to be the best friend ever! I have always liked Trey for him. It sucks that the chick has him for 18 years.

Monica and Victor, oh my! I loved Eva's response to her dad about being with her mom. Can't wait to find out what is keeping Monica with Stanton.
Maybe Elizabeth is just cause Eva is back in Gideon's life and she's feeling like an outsider. It didn't help matters at all by her reaction to the ring.

BTW Chapter 9 of EWY was a favorite of mine as was Chapter 10 of RIY!!! Oh and the people that are about there being 5 books instead of the trilogy annoy me! If you were a real fan you would want more. I can't go on Amazon it just irks me seeing how people are reviewing the book!

Jessica :)

Hi Donnad,

What I saw during the prenup scenario was Eva's automatic negative reaction to something that Gideon had done. What I really liked about that scenario is that instead of automatically going to find Gideon and lay into him, she went and took a shower and actually gave herself some time to calm down. Then she actually looked at the document instead of rushing to snap judgements and making rash decisions.

For me that was huge progress on Eva's part. Those actions told me that she was mentally heading in the right direction. What do you think? What does everyone think?

I agree GiGi

Is anyone else slightly confused by Victor's almost immediate acceptance of Gideon & Eva getting back together? Giving his permission to marry Eva after seeing him cheating on her just 3 weeks previously.

I'm sure he understands that there are details of their lives that are private and between them. But I know my father would never give permission to marry me to a man who publically cheated on me & appears to have chosen the other woman for at least a while. Do you know what I mean?

Cary also, I know by the time he and Eva talk about Gideon he has other things going on in his life, and also that he's been aware of them being back together for a while. But I find it hard to believe that he would just accept Gideon's cheating on Eva with Corinne without questioning Eva about it at all. Especially considering he and Eva don't really keep secrets from one another. Then again, he may just see it as Gideon was falling back into old habits - running instead of dealing with their issues or pushing Eva away because he wasnt ready to deal with his past. Ok Cary I can buy, but he has information Victor isnt privy to.

I think the context and content of the conversation between Victor and Gideon would be great. Remember Gideon is a negotiator... He could have revisited and revised until he "won" Victor over.

If you are pregnant don't you have to stop taking anti depressants? I'm not sure what her deal was either knowing or not, wanting to get rid of the baby or try tricking Gideon into thinking it was his. No wonder she left France so quickly before she got further along. I'm just confused by wtf she was thinking and if she knew or not. I was also SO relieved to find out that it wasn't Gideon's baby. I am so glad that even with Corrine's advances and Gideon spending so much time with her that they didn't end up in bed together.

Who was in charge of the video? I think that I am even more suspicious of Chris JR because the video played out like the sex tape. Hmm. Makes me wonder. Something shady is going on at Vidal Records. Did Brett seen the video before it was made public? I know that Chris JR has always been jealous of Gideon -maybe this was his way to try and mess things up for Gideon? When Eva asked Gideon not to watch the tape I just felt for her so much.
With Eva newly married and still thinking of Brett sexually, WTF! I really think that there's going to be some major drama in San Diego. I don't think that Eva will cheat, but she sure gets in compromising situations where Brett is concerned.

I like that now that Gideon is confiding more in Eva with most of his back story/history. Some of it wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be, ###### I was over thinking some of the reasons why. I was however heartbroken when I read the part where Eva finds out about the text. I know relationships like this are new to Gideon, but I hope for the best.

Cary has to be the best friend ever! I have always liked Trey for him. It sucks that the chick has him for 18 years.

Monica and Victor, oh my! I loved Eva's response to her dad about being with her mom. Can't wait to find out what is keeping Monica with Stanton.
Maybe Elizabeth is just ###### cause Eva is back in Gideon's life and she's feeling like an outsider. It didn't help matters at all by her reaction to the ring.

BTW Chapter 9 of EWY was a favorite of mine as was Chapter 10 of RIY!!! Oh and the people that are ###### about there being 5 books instead of the trilogy annoy me! If you were a real fan you would want more. I can't go on Amazon it just irks me seeing how people are reviewing the book!

Hi Jessica,

I'm going to defer the first question to golfergirl because she's an obgyn. I believe that you do have to wean yourself off of the anti-depressants, but I'm not positive so she will answer when she sees the post I'm sure. As for Corrine, I'm not sure she was thinking straight. I'm torn with her. Her actions since arriving in NY have been horrible. But if you truly love someone or believe that you do, I think you will do just about anything to have them in your life so I can't say that I blame Corrine for any of her actions. I don't like her as a person, but I can see why she has done certain things. Having said all that, she is obviously obsessed with Gideon and needs intense therapy, especially after this suicide attempt.

I have to think that Six Ninths reviewed the video, as did CV Jr.. He knew what was on there, and he let it play out.

I can't allow myself to believe that Eva will cross a line with Brett. She has done it once before and it devastated Gideon, and it was a hard thing for her to even swallow after the fact. I love Eva because she's a kick Arse heroine, but when she kissed Brett I lost it. I can let it go once, but twice, after a man has killed for you, and you've married him, nope can't do it. Sylvia has said in several interviews that Eva is now strong and is going to be working on getting Gideon to a place of healing, so I can't imagine that includes her cheating on him, or even coming close.

As far as Tat-Trey-Cary goes, Tat is up to no good. I'm not sure she is pregnant let alone it is Cary's baby. Plus she won't take the pill because it makes her eat, wait till she sees what pregnancy will do to her body. I love Trey and I want Cary to come to the realization that he can find happiness. I think he is afraid to love someone because then he opens himself up to be hurt. He was destroyed by his mother. If someone who is supposed to unconditionally love you doesn't how can you expect anyone else to?

People are reviewing based on their annoyance that this book was hugely delayed, that it is no longer a trilogy and that many people had their hands on copies of the book before it was supposed to be out. None of this belongs in a review. A review should be based on the story you read, not your feelings about the author. It's so silly. If you have a problem with when this book came out contact the publisher. It irks me because I feel badly for Sylvia. She is always very fan friendly, and she has taken a ton of abuse from this one, and of course it upsets her. Hopefully she is getting a warm welcome from out Aussie friends. :)

I like that now that Gideon is confiding more in Eva with most of his back story/history. Some of it wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be, ###### I was over thinking some of the reasons why. I was however heartbroken when I read the part where Eva finds out about the text. I know relationships like this are new to Gideon, but I hope for the best.

Maybe Elizabeth is just ###### cause Eva is back in Gideon's life and she's feeling like an outsider. It didn't help matters at all by her reaction to the ring.

BTW Chapter 9 of EWY was a favorite of mine as was Chapter 10 of RIY!!! Oh and the people that are ###### about there being 5 books instead of the trilogy annoy me! If you were a real fan you would want more. I can't go on Amazon it just irks me seeing how people are reviewing the book!

I'm not usually up this late but I couldn't sleep. I'm happy someone is talking.

• Antidepressants - yes she should not take them while pregnant but if Anne Lucas is treating her (I think she is) then it is possible that Anne is trying to hurt her as part of a "get back at Gideon" scheme.
  • Video - Yes I think C Jr. is behind a lot.  I think he has his hands on the actual sex video or he is trying to get it.  
  • I don't Eva thinks of Brett sexually except when she sees him or he is brought up in conversation.  It is kind of like any of us who a gaga over a musician or movie star.   She is just stating the fact that he is hot and has a sexy voice when he sings.  There are many stars that I look at like that.  Look how we all comment on Henry Cavill..
  • Cary - I like him too.  I hope his relationship with Tat breaks up and she isn't pregnant.  I want him happy and so does Eva.

Regarding the reviews - I'm not reading any more.  Most weren't about the book they were about silly things that SD had no control over.  I'm happy that she is taking a more active and stern role in the next release.  Sounds like she wants it out before the end of the year.  Hopefully that will happen.

Hi Sharonm745,

You are one seriously lucky lady!  Every single friend of mine, which was pregnant, had the worst morning sickness.  It was the same way for my Aunts and cousins.  None of them was lucky enough to go through a pregnancy without running for the restroom or trying to find a bush so they could throw up behind it. 

Your comment about Jean Francois not paying attention to Corinne was my point exactly.  I think that he wasn’t paying attention from the very beginning.  He would have seen a very wounded woman who had hung her hopes on a man who didn’t love her (she just didn’t know it at the time).   I have to believe that Jean Francois knew this fully before he proposed.  Nothing else would have made sense to me.

As the years progressed I cannot believe that Mr. didn’t notice that his sex life had waned, or that Corinne was complaining or exhibiting signs that something was wrong in the marriage.  It goes against a woman’s nature.  Many women often complain quietly well before they ever walk out of a marriage.  Men just ignore it and then can’t figure out why their wives have left. 

You are absolutely correct in saying that what Corinne did was not nice.  I know what Corinne did was not nice.  I have never disputed that.  What I find interesting is that absolutely no one has ever stated that Gideon had a modicum of responsibility for helping to create the Corinne monster.  It has become very clear that Corinne was/is mentally fragile and now is also unstable. 

What I have difficulty in understanding is some people’s utter hatred of a character, but for the fact of having met a man would never have been in this entire predicament to begin with.  I completely understand that Gideon was one seriously screwed up individual (I think Sylvia mention something to that effect elsewhere).  What I don’t understand is why everyone thinks that what Gideon did to Corinne is acceptable.  Does what Corinne did to Eva (said nasty unkind things to a fully grown woman) equal Gideon never being truthful to a woman who had openly blamed herself for the demise of her relationship with Gideon?  Does what Gideon did to Corinne by inadvertently leading her on to believe that there may be a relationship (when he knew that she was openly throwing herself at him and degrading herself in the process) mean that Corinne should have to pay with her life?

Many justify their glee about Corinne’s predicament by comparing what Corinne said to Eva was some sort of payback.  Both Corinne and Eva were both adults.  Corinne never picked on a child. Corinne never physically struck or tried to kill Eva.  She never threatened her with a weapon.   She said some really nasty things to a woman who had self esteem issues, but really isn’t Corinne the one who has worse issues?   Eva received counseling and treatment for her past abuse and self abuse issues.  In some ways could it not be possible that Eva was far more mentally prepared than Corinne would ever be?  Again, I do not condone or justify Corinne’s nasty words.  Corinne did attempt to get help with her problem (and got scre*** in the process) but no one seems to notice that.

Thus far, all the speculations and suppositions about Corinne being a stalker and such have not been proven true.  What we know for a fact as the reader is; Corinne was/is a woman who became depressed, desperate and then in the end tried to kill herself because of the situation (it could be inferred that Corinne may have been in the process of having a mental breakdown). The attempt was absolutely serious enough that she ended up losing a baby over it.  That is a serious medical attempt.  I am absolutely sure that there may be a member or two in this forum (perhaps even a psychiatrist) that could attest to that. 

How can someone feel glee when they look where Corinne has wound up?  She has tried and failed to kill herself,  is in the hospital, most likely locked up in the psychiatric ward (where she may be for some time because she is beating herself up for leaving a man whom “supposedly†loved her), has lost a baby that she may or may not have known about (I suspect not because she was taking medication that could potentially harm the fetus and may have ruined her marriage because her husband was indifferent or didn’t pay attention or didn’t want to pay attention to a woman who was clearly struggling. 

Doesn’t marriage mean that at least, even if you no longer love the person with, do you not owe them the courtesy of getting help when they are in need?  I have never been marriage but I would like to think that at the very least, even if my marriage fell apart, I would do my best, to help the person that I once loved, to get help.

I had to put this out there for people to ponder in the hopes of maybe helping in balance perspectives out there just a bit.  It is just something that people may want to think about before they make up their minds.  Thanks.

Hi Jessica,

As a healthcare provider I can say yes absolutely.  A doctor would ask a patient first before prescribing anything to a pregnant woman.  The first question a physician or psychiatrist would ask a female patient is if there is any possibility of pregnancy.  If there is any doubt in the veracity from the patient or the patient doesn’t know, a pregnancy test would be done to rule that out.

I agree with Kirsten that one of the other members (a high risk OBGYN) would know more about prescribing these types of medications for someone who may be pregnant.  I am also sure that she can go into further detail about the potential risks to both the mother and the unborn baby if one certain medications (fetal abnormalities, due to certain medication use etc.).

I do know that SSRI’s have to be prescribed cautiously, monitored carefully and patients have to be weaned off of them very slowly.  Some patients are never able to be taken off those meds.  Patients can also experience extreme side-effects including suicidal thoughts and tendencies.  A patient should never try and take themselves off of their anti-depressants without close supervision from their psychiatrist and family doctor.   

If you live in Canada, I can provide you with some phone numbers if you require more information .  I hope that helps.   

Hi Sharonm745,

You are one seriously lucky lady!  Every single friend of mine, which was pregnant, had the worst morning sickness.  It was the same way for my Aunts and cousins.  None of them was lucky enough to go through a pregnancy without running for the restroom or trying to find a bush so they could throw up behind it. 

Your comment about Jean Francois not paying attention to Corinne was my point exactly.  I think that he wasn’t paying attention from the very beginning.  He would have seen a very wounded woman who had hung her hopes on a man who didn’t love her (she just didn’t know it at the time).   I have to believe that Jean Francois knew this fully before he proposed.  Nothing else would have made sense to me.

As the years progressed I cannot believe that Mr. didn’t notice that his sex life had waned, or that Corinne was complaining or exhibiting signs that something was wrong in the marriage.  It goes against a woman’s nature.  Many women often complain quietly well before they ever walk out of a marriage.  Men just ignore it and then can’t figure out why their wives have left. 

You are absolutely correct in saying that what Corinne did was not nice.  I know what Corinne did was not nice.  I have never disputed that.  What I find interesting is that absolutely no one has ever stated that Gideon had a modicum of responsibility for helping to create the Corinne monster.  It has become very clear that Corinne was/is mentally fragile and now is also unstable. 

What I have difficulty in understanding is some people’s utter hatred of a character, but for the fact of having met a man would never have been in this entire predicament to begin with.  I completely understand that Gideon was one seriously screwed up individual (I think Sylvia mention something to that effect elsewhere).  What I don’t understand is why everyone thinks that what Gideon did to Corinne is acceptable.  Does what Corinne did to Eva (said nasty unkind things to a fully grown woman) equal Gideon never being truthful to a woman who had openly blamed herself for the demise of her relationship with Gideon?  Does what Gideon did to Corinne by inadvertently leading her on to believe that there may be a relationship (when he knew that she was openly throwing herself at him and degrading herself in the process) mean that Corinne should have to pay with her life?

Many justify their glee about Corinne’s predicament by comparing what Corinne said to Eva was some sort of payback.  Both Corinne and Eva were both adults.  Corinne never picked on a child. Corinne never physically struck or tried to kill Eva.  She never threatened her with a weapon.   She said some really nasty things to a woman who had self esteem issues, but really isn’t Corinne the one who has worse issues?   Eva received counseling and treatment for her past abuse and self abuse issues.  In some ways could it not be possible that Eva was far more mentally prepared than Corinne would ever be?  Again, I do not condone or justify Corinne’s nasty words.  Corinne did attempt to get help with her problem (and got scre*** in the process) but no one seems to notice that.

Thus far, all the speculations and suppositions about Corinne being a stalker and such have not been proven true.  What we know for a fact as the reader is; Corinne was/is a woman who became depressed, desperate and then in the end tried to kill herself because of the situation (it could be inferred that Corinne may have been in the process of having a mental breakdown). The attempt was absolutely serious enough that she ended up losing a baby over it.  That is a serious medical attempt.  I am absolutely sure that there may be a member or two in this forum (perhaps even a psychiatrist) that could attest to that. 

How can someone feel glee when they look where Corinne has wound up?  She has tried and failed to kill herself,  is in the hospital, most likely locked up in the psychiatric ward (where she may be for some time because she is beating herself up for leaving a man whom “supposedly†loved her), has lost a baby that she may or may not have known about (I suspect not because she was taking medication that could potentially harm the fetus and may have ruined her marriage because her husband was indifferent or didn’t pay attention or didn’t want to pay attention to a woman who was clearly struggling. 

Doesn’t marriage mean that at least, even if you no longer love the person with, do you not owe them the courtesy of getting help when they are in need?  I have never been marriage but I would like to think that at the very least, even if my marriage fell apart, I would do my best, to help the person that I once loved, to get help.

I had to put this out there for people to ponder in the hopes of maybe helping in balance perspectives out there just a bit.  It is just something that people may want to think about before they make up their minds.  Thanks.

I was very lucky for my first two pregnancies but my son made up for it as I was sick for almost 9 months.  I think I am one of the few people who lost weight while pregnant.

Regarding Corinne -- I think in the beginning of the Giroux's marriage they were happy and JF looked at his wife through rose colored glasses.  I think Corinne was waiting for her husband to become Gideon but that didn't happen.  My guess after they were married for a time she realized she couldn't change Jean F into the person she wanted and started to withdrawal.  Jean didn't know how to deal and aggravated the situation.  I'm sure Giroux wasn't happy with his sex life but for all we know they may have a decent sex life and Corinne might fantasize that she is with Gideon during the act.  

Corinne was in regular contact with Gideon and made a decision to come home knowing that he was finally in a relationship with someone he cared about.  This is what made me angry.  Corinne couldn't let Gideon have a chance at love.  From what we know he didn't want to marry Corinne and I'm sure this was discussed over the years. 

I think Corinne can be classified as a stalker based on the number of unanswered calls and visits she made to Gideon, his family and possibly his friends.  In addition, we know that she moved into an apartment near Gideon.

I don't think anyone is happy that she tried to kill herself they (at least I am) angry that she would hurt Gideon by the attempted suicide.  We know that it hurt Gideon deeply.  Gideon knows he is partially responsible for her situation because he did use her to protect Eva but we also know he told her their relationship wouldn't progress into what it was before. 

I do think Jean Francois did come to get his wife but she was already out of it because of the medicine she is taking.  It seems to me he doesn't know what to do except blame Gideon but I think he tried.  We will see if these two resolve their differences or if they call it quits. 

Hi Gigi

I don't believe that Gideon helped create the Corinne monster .She came back from France bent on winning Gideon over whatever the circumstances .When she found out he was falling for someone else never did she once consider stepping back and allow him to be happy something someone who loves him would do (an example thats been mentioned before is Magdalene )and perhaps since none of us are perfect fight for him fairly.Corinne was also married it doesn't seem that she considered her husband and his feelings whatever faults he may have before running after Gideon .It could have easily been her husband who snaps and has a mental break down after watching the woman he loves pine for someone else and then ultimately leave him to run back to him.

Corinne was all sweetness and light when she met Eva in front of Gideon and then everything she did behind his back to Eva was designed to hurt Eva ,cast doubt on Gideon's fidelity with the sole intent of driving them apart and all this stuff happened when she first came to N Y before Gideon ever came up with his ill conceived plan.Again Gideon had inadvertently given Corinne ammunition and she used that knowledge ruthlessly to drive Eva away with no thought for the consequences except achieving what she wanted .Eva herself ended up depressed and unhappy for weeks after Gideon started seeing Corinne and when she got over it and confronted Corinne she gleefully tries to insinuate she'd had a nooner with Gideon and that Gideon had in fact been doing her that very moring.More than that Corinne had been spending time with an increasingly unhappy Gideon at her side and she must have known it had something to do with not being with Eva and she never loves him enough to want what would make him happy ?Who does Corinne really love ?Herself ? The idea of Gideon ?I think Corinne would live with an unbearably unhappy Gideon as long as she had him that let him be happy with someone else again how much dies she love Gideon.How much would Corinne had cared if Eva had suffered a break down due to her and her misleading behaviour and ended up in the position that she Corinne is finding herself in?Something that was possible if Eva didn't have her support system and years of therapy.

Yes Corinne and Eva are big girls and had a big girl fight but Corinne was also playing a very high stakes game with her own feelings when she decided to leave a marriage and persue a man who'd made it clear he'd met someone who was important to him .Even without Gideon leading her on because of Nathan she would have ended up hurt because it looks like she came into town unwilling and unable to take no for an answer and to destroy whatever new relationship Gideon had whatever the consequences to him or the person he was seeing ,kind of similar to the way Gideon decided to protect Eva from Nathan and the police at all costs by using Corinne whatever the consequences .

I'm not celebrating that she's ill ,I wish she'd get better and create a life for herself far from Gideva.I hope this experience helps her come to her senses and she become again that good person Sylvia spoke of we never got to meet.

I think the context and content of the conversation between Victor and Gideon would be great. Remember Gideon is a negotiator... He could have revisited and revised until he "won" Victor over.

I think that Victor may have figured out what Gideon did for Eva....and I would have loved to have been privy to that conversation,too