SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I'm still not convinced that Anne is Corinne's doctor. I can't figure out how they would have met and it seems a little convenient that if Corinne sought out medical help she would have just walked into Anne's practice. I also don't believe Anne was Elizabeth's shrink so I doubt she recommended / introduced them.

Also, surely Gideon would have seen Corinne's pills on the night he found out she was taking them (the name of the prescribing Dr would have been on the bottle) or the name of her shrink would have been mentioned somewhere in conversation (Gideon was there for hours talking about how she's been acting, her medication etc...) It all feels a little incestuous, Corinne seeks medical help and it just happens to be the one shrink in town that Gideon has f*****.

Not that I wouldnt like some of what you've said to be true. If Gideon's guilt over both situations could be reduced / removed I think it would certainly help his recovery & remove some of hos self loathing.

I'm not 100% convinced either .... the plot has very cleverly been set up to create Did-Anne-Try-To-Kill-Corrine as the final cliffhanger ... more to be revealed in Book Four.

But possible explanations of how Corrine got hooked up with Anne Lucas are:

• The Lucases and the Vidals move in the same social circles.
  • The Vidals already have employed one professional from Anne's family - Hugh - so the connection between the two families goes deeper than social.
  • Corrine obviously had her own close relationship with Elizabeth Vidal stemming from when Corrine had been Gideon's fiancee and now re-kindled in the hopes that Corrine would become Elizabeth's daughter-in-law after all.
  • Corrine, having lived abroad for many years, wouldn't have any recent history with any doctors in New York. She probably had yet to even find a primary care doctor.
  • Corrine obviously was including Gideon's family in her own desperate attempts to tie Gideon to herself (having no idea just why there was a chilly relationship between Gideon and the Vidals).

I can see Corrine, stalking and willing to try just about anything, spending quality time with Elizabeth. And Elizabeth, seeing how hard of a time Corrine was having (which was true), suggesting Corrine seek help. Once Corrine became convinced to do so, Corrine probably asked Elizabeth whether she knew of any good doctors. Voila -- Elizabeth gives Corrine's Dr. Anne Lucas' name.

I might be proven wrong in Book 4 ... certainly, a lot of my theories about Book 3 didn't pan out, because Sylvia is far too clever an author. But some important theories I had did pan out, the final cliffhanger matters in Book 1 and Book 2 did pan out:

• Bared to You: the final chapter set up the fact that Corrine was going to prove to be a serious threat after all to Eva and Gideon, despite all the assurances to the contrary Gideon gave Eva. Eva could see Corrine was practically stalking Gideon and no good could come of him continuing to have contact with Corrine.
  • Reflected in You: the final chapter revelation Gideon killed Nathan. I just knew it, and I never deviated from that right on up to the day Sylvia confirmed in a live radio station interview this spring that Gideon did, in fact, kill Nathan.
  • Entwined with You: the final chapter revealed Anne is a psychiatrist, and my gut is now telling me Corrine having been on medication that made her depression much worse instead of better was no accident.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to an interview Sylvia as given on FB. She reiterated about the next book, about it being out by the end of the year. Also she mentioned about the tv series, saying how the producers are listening to the fans as to who we want to play the part of Gideon.

Sorry I don't know how to bring it over. :)

I'm still not convinced that Anne is Corinne's doctor. I can't figure out how they would have met and it seems a little convenient that if Corinne sought out medical help she would have just walked into Anne's practice. I also don't believe Anne was Elizabeth's shrink so I doubt she recommended / introduced them.

Also, surely Gideon would have seen Corinne's pills on the night he found out she was taking them (the name of the prescribing Dr would have been on the bottle) or the name of her shrink would have been mentioned somewhere in conversation (Gideon was there for hours talking about how she's been acting, her medication etc...) It all feels a little incestuous, Corinne seeks medical help and it just happens to be the one shrink in town that Gideon has f*****.

Not that I wouldnt like some of what you've said to be true. If Gideon's guilt over both situations could be reduced / removed I think it would certainly help his recovery & remove some of hos self loathing.

How would Corrine had known Gideon slept with Anne if she was married off in France.? Corrine never knew what happen to Gideon as he kept that from her, she wouldn't have any idea about Anne Lucas or her husband.!

I don't think Gideon ever saw Corrine's medication bottle nor was he told the name of her psychiatrist -- because had he known it was Anne Lucas, all sorts of alarm bells would have gone off immediately. My theory: it was Corrine herself that may have spun the following story:

• Gideon, I'm in such pain that I've actually started seeing a psychiatrist. (guilt trip - Gideon's to blame for her pain)
  • Yes, you're right, I have been crazy. In fact, it turned out the anti-depressant my doctor prescribed wasn't working - instead I had a bad reaction to it. (more guilt trip)
  • But my doctor has already switched me to a new medication. And I'm already starting to feel better. (manipulation - Corrine is doing everything she can to make things better, the implication being Gideon is the one at fault for things being bad)
  • What's making me feel even better is you being here with me now, Gideon. (more manipulation - he did the right thing by coming to her apartment to see her. BTW I wonder whether that's the first time he stepped foot in there.)
  • Oh Gideon, I love you so much and I can make you so happy .... (desperation)
  • :( Lots of weeping here (more desperation)

What Gideon ought to have done that night, I think, is hauled Corrine to an emergency room himself -- or at the very least demanded that Corrine immediately call her doctor. He knew Corrine well enough to know she was going off the deep end, something he'd be able to discern better than some doctor who had been treating Corrine for only a few weeks.

After all, there are no lab tests for mood disorders like depression and bipolar. Clinicians rely heavily not only on what the patients tell them but also what other people close to the patient report. When things go to h e l l sometimes it is a third party -- like a spouse, parent, or close friend -- who raises the alarm.

Gideon decided to shirk the crisis management off on an estranged husband who was overseas, instead of taking matters into his own hands that night. I think by that point, Corrine needed hospitalization, and Gideon was wrong to wait for Jean-Francois to take over.

I agree, LN, Anne Lucas' over medication of Corinne was no accident.

I feel that Anne comes from a twisted/sick family...and Anne has her own pathological mental health issues.

No, I don't think that Gideon should have taken her to the ER--he should have called her parents if her husband was unavailable

Who found Corrine after she attempted suicide or did she call someone reaching out for help---maybe she called Gideon after her attempted suicide? I can hear Corrine say- "Look what I've done, Gideon, because of you""

I agree, LN, Anne Lucas' over medication of Corinne was no accident.I feel that Anne comes from a twisted/sick family...and Anne has her own pathological mental health issues.Who found Corrine after she attempted suicide or did she call someone reaching out for help---maybe she called Gideon after her attempted suicide?

Gideon didn't know about the suicide till his mother rang. I reckon it was family or Elizabeth, who I think Corinne is manipulating. JFG could have found her, but thinking about it, how did that conversation go when he told her Gideon was engaged. I'm thinking hysteria set in.

I agree, LN, Anne Lucas' over medication of Corinne was no accident.I feel that Anne comes from a twisted/sick family...and Anne has her own pathological mental health issues.No, I don't think that Gideon should have taken her to the ER--he should have called her parents if her husband was unavailableWho found Corrine after she attempted suicide or did she call someone reaching out for help---maybe she called Gideon after her attempted suicide?

He husband found her I believe, she did it after he told her gideon and Eva were engaged..! It was lizzy that called her son to tell him Corrine had o'd

I agree, LN, Anne Lucas' over medication of Corinne was no accident.

I feel that Anne comes from a twisted/sick family...and Anne has her own pathological mental health issues.

No, I don't think that Gideon should have taken her to the ER--he should have called her parents if her husband was unavailable

Who found Corrine after she attempted suicide or did she call someone reaching out for help---maybe she called Gideon after her attempted suicide?

You're right, AMC .... he knew Corrine's parents, obviously was on good terms with them, and they were right there in New York.

Guilt on his part? Because if he got Corrine's parents involved, it would involve him having to explain Corrine was their responsibility, not his. It was forever over between him and Corrine. The hoped for marriage wasn't ever going to happen. In fact, their "dating" was forever over too.

He'd dumped her -- and now he was dumping responsibility of her, too.

Gideon, Gideon, Gideon .... for such a genius in many ways (from how to make billions to knowing a thousand ways to make a woman come) the man can be an idiot.

He husband found her I believe, she did it after he told her gideon and Eva were engaged..! It was lizzy that called her son to tell him Corrine had o'd

Lizzy! LOL! Love it!

Did Corinne call her husband telling him that she OD or was he with her when she OD?

Ok something popped into my head just now..!

Cary did the search on Dr Lucas he told Eva he was married and had No kids, why didn't he recognize Anne at the fundraiser when he was dancing with her.!?

That is very true. Her hair was longer Eva picked up on. The early books said she had short hair. Was Cary interested in her face? Hardly, when she is coming on to him. Something wrong in that marriage and family, big time!

That is very true. Her hair was longer Eva picked up on. The early books said she had short hair. Was Cary interested in her face? Hardly, when she is coming on to him. Something wrong in that marriage and family, big time!

I agree..! Something is really wrong in that family.!!!

Ok something popped into my head just now..!

Cary did the search on Dr Lucas he told Eva he was married and had No kids, why didn't he recognize Anne at the fundraiser when he was dancing with her.!?

I'm not sure what, if any, pictures Cary studied of the couple. He probably concentrated more on the facts.

It was Eva, not Cary, who sought out online pictures of the Lucases. Her insecurity made her guess (correctly) the problem between the two men must have involved a woman. Eva was specifically checking out a sneaking suspicion Anne might be one of those Corrine Clone Brunettes. She was relieved (at the time) to discover Anne was a redhead.

Even Eva herself, though, had trouble recognizing Anne. It's why she asked Gideon. "She looked so different without her former pixie haircut ...." (page 353, as Eva mentally compared the woman she saw with Cary with the photograph of Anne she'd seen online.)

Lizzy! LOL! Love it!

Did Corinne call her husband telling him that she OD or was he with her when she OD?

I'm envisioning Corrine locking herself in the bathroom and swallowing the bottle of pills ... then Jean-Francois finally becoming alarmed she wasn't coming out of the bathroom. Maybe broke down the door and then called an ambulance?

And W T H is it with women convinced long hair turns Gideon on? 

Oh yeah, that's because Corrine has this amazing long mane of glossy hair that hangs straight to her waist. How much you wanna bet Anne started growing her hair long after her affair with Gideon ended?

Newsflash, ladies .... as much as Gideon liked even the thought of Eva's long (at the time he first saw her) hair spread out over black satin sheets, he even more liked that sexy shoulder length haircut she got on New Eva Saturday Makeover.

And W T H is it with women convinced long hair turns Gideon on? 

Oh yeah, that's because Corrine has this amazing long mane of glossy hair that hangs straight to her waist. How much you wanna bet Anne started growing her hair long after her affair with Gideon ended?

Newsflash, ladies .... as much as Gideon liked even the thought of Eva's long (at the time he first saw her) hair spread out over black satin sheets, he even more liked that sexy shoulder length haircut she got on New Eva Saturday Makeover.

AND! Brunette hair on black satin sheets, doesn't have the same striking effect!

Every time I hear long dark hair Lizzy(as she will now be known)springs to mind.

I'm not sure what, if any, pictures Cary studied of the couple. He probably concentrated more on the facts.

It was Eva, not Cary, who sought out online pictures of the Lucases. Her insecurity made her guess (correctly) the problem between the two men must have involved a woman. Eva was specifically checking out a sneaking suspicion Anne might be one of those Corrine Clone Brunettes. She was relieved (at the time) to discover Anne was a redhead.

Even Eva herself, though, had trouble recognizing Anne. It's why she asked Gideon. "She looked so different without her former pixie haircut ...." (page 353, as Eva mentally compared the woman she saw with Cary with the photograph of Anne she'd seen online.)

Cary had to see to at least one pic of Anne as he pulled pictures of Magdalena when he did a search of Gideon for Eva.! He probably didn't put her face because of the hair growth but surely he seen her face on the Internet, if Eva seen her face by searching her husband Cary probably did to..!

I'm also wondering about Gideon making that trip. Eva agreed to this trip to spend time with Cary. Trying to reconnect with him is what is on the forefront of her mind. I have no doubt that Gideon will want her to fly in his plane and take along security, and Eva needs to realize that she needs that. Let's face it by Friday morning pictures of Eva and Gideon and the ring will be all over the papers. I have no doubt that Gideon will instruct his PR people to release a statement. Being the future wife ( :rolleyes:) of a billionaire comes with certain safety risks that Eva must realize. She is no longer able to fight Gideon on her security, she needs it, and should accept it gracefully.

I don't think the SD trip is going to be as big of a deal as it seems. I think Eva will go with Cary and security, and she will be focused on helping him with his problems. Yes, she might meet up with Brett but not in an private setting. I think she is going to take her commitment seriously and will use this opportnity to confront Brett about the tape and tell him that she's engaged. 

One thing we all seem to overlook, including Gideon regarding Corinne. She came back to New York under her own steam. Gideon did not encourage or send out signals to her. She clearly had an agenda.

Yes while she was here, he used her as an alibi for Eva, that was where his guilt should end. But he made it clear from the outset, he was in a relationship, and that they would be just friends.

She is a sad, desperate manipulating woman.

Thinking about it last night. I think that trip to SD, will be good for Eva. It might put some issues she had to rest. Brett included. Yes her dad put her in touch with Dr Travis, but not before she had had her wild times. It was almost as if she done a runner from there, going to New York. Making a new start.

I agree that even if Gideon were not in the picture, Eva still would not be with Brett. She knows herself that a relationship between them would be a bad idea for a number of reasons, mainly...

1. Her jealousy and insecurity could not handle dating someone with that kind of lifestyle.

2. A fear of regressing to her old ways. Eva does not like the person she was when she was with Brett 4 years ago. She has no desire to ever be that person again.

One thing I think people keep forgetting though is that Gideon & Eva were not married when she agreed to meet up with Brett in SD. The only contact she has had with Brett since marrying Gideon is sending him a smiley face text message - which was a way for her to keep her promise to him (that she would make contact and not always wait for him to initiate) without actually calling him up or having any real contact.

I definitely think she will meet Brett alone in SD. They need to talk about the sex tape face-to-face so that they can both gauge each others honest reactions about the situation. I also think they need to meet one more time now that Eva can finally be totally honest with Brett and make it quite clear just how serious she and Gideon are.

I get why people are mad at Eva for her interaction with Brett in this book, and to be honest the thoughts of how sexy he was ###### me off too. But, we need to remember:

The first time Brett & Eva had a proper conversation (when she took him to lunch)- she was unsure of Gideon, he had taken Corinne to dinner the night before, he wouldnt talk to her - but she still Brett she was in love with Gideon.

The next time the talk on the phone - she says she'll only go to the Golden event id he is ok with them being friends. She even goes so far as to say she doesn't want to lead him on (ie nothing will happen between them, she's not interested)

The Golden event - this is the first time Gideon & Eva are seen back in public together. In fact publicly its supposed to be the night they reconcile. Therefore Eva tells Brett that she loves Gideon and is giving him another chance, but there is only so much she can say, she has to be cautious of anyone finding out they've been together for a while

Does anyone get where I'm coming from?

Re-reading Chapter 4 last night I do get where you are coming from Rogue. I actually saw things from a different perspective when re-reading this time around. In my heart of hearts I do believe that Gideon is it for Eva. She is not going to jeopardize her relationship with Gideon for Brett. I don't get her wanting to be friends with him, because they have go ne so many years since she pulled a runner with him. I do get that they have unresolved issues, and I want them squared away immediately so that she can put that behind her. 

Thinking about it last night. I think that trip to SD, will be good for Eva. It might put some issues she had to rest. Brett included. Yes her dad put her in touch with Dr Travis, but not before she had had her wild times. It was almost as if she done a runner from there, going to New York. Making a new start.

I agree Julie. After thinking about it ad nauseam it seems to me that this will be the "ending" of Eva dealing with all of her past issues, and we can now move on to dealing with Gideon's. I'm not worried about the SD trip. I'm actually anxious to meet Dr. Travis.

I think marrying Giroux was another attempt on Corrine's part to make Gideon want her - breaking the engagement hadn't worked. I think Corrine was guilty of using Giroux, marrying him even though she knew Gideon was really who she wanted. I feel bad for the guy - I'm sure he eventually realized she didn't really love him. And Gideon said he was a pretty decent guy.

I agree Julie. After thinking about it ad nauseam it seems to me that this will be the "ending" of Eva dealing with all of her past issues, and we can now move on to dealing with Gideon's. I'm not worried about the SD trip. I'm actually anxious to meet Dr. Travis.

I'm hoping, that we get to hear, not just Eva's chat with Dr Travis, but Carys too. I'm hoping Victor (naughty Victor) will be in a better place. :)

One thing we all seem to overlook, including Gideon regarding Corinne. She came back to New York under her own steam. Gideon did not encourage or send out signals to her. She clearly had an agenda.

Yes while she was here, he used her as an alibi for Eva, that was where his guilt should end. But he made it clear from the outset, he was in a relationship, and that they would be just friends.

She is a sad, desperate manipulating woman.

I blame no one for Corrine's actions but Corrine..!!