SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!!! I was trying to figure out what it stands for but Gabri I would have never thought of that! Its perfect!! 

Glad you like it!

Am I the only one who found Monica's reactions to Gideon a bit strange in this book. In the first 2 books she was constantly prodding Eva for information on the situation with Gideon and giving (unwanted) advice on how to keep him.

However after the break up in RIY she stops asking. She also doesn't seem as enthusiastic (to me anyways) when she learns they are back together and she makes a strange comment about Gideon having secrets when Eva admits to telling him about the tracking device in her watch.

Maybe its just because of the strain already present in her relationship with Eva but I think she might know something about what Gideon did. Maybe she gave Clancy the information about the bracelet - so he'd know what to plant on the fall guy.

Did anyone else get this impression?

I've got a theory on that ... Monica figured out who killed Nathan, and she was eager to distance all of them -- Eva, Stanton and her -- from Gideon, lest they get accused of murder conspiracy. Maybe she hoped that it would be for the best if Gideon paid as a price for his own safety marrying Corrine instead.

1. When Nathan showed up with those rape photos of Eva, trying to extort money from both Gideon and the Stantons, all of them were working together.
  2. But then the Cary beating came, and Gideon decided the danger level had become too high. On his own, he planned and then carried out the killing.
  3. Suddenly it made sense to Monica why Gideon had gone from so tender to Eva at Cary's bedside on Monday morning to a romantic dinner for two with Corrine on Monday night. And then never lifted a finger to stop the tabloids for going wild about him and Corrine getting back together again. Not the next day. Not the next week. Stories that mentioned Eva, apparently, reported she was history.
  4. So naturally now, she's still nervous about the cops taking Gideon down and her/Stanton/Eva possibility ending up accused too.
  5. Enter Clancy and the bracelet???? The Stanton/Monica insurance plan to protect themselves by sending the cops running off on a different direction????
  6. Maybe the cops have now quit hounding Stanton too (they'd still been at it supposedly only one day before Entwined began.)
  7. So maybe now Monica thinks it's "safe to come out" and would be even more eager than ever for Eva to marry Gideon. Because among other things, the marriage would be an insurance policy for the Stantons.

Monica may do idiotic things sometimes, but the woman is no fool.

Could someone please tell me the number of the New Year's snippet that's been referred to several times? Or the easiest way to find it? The one I mean is said to be from Gideon's point of view. I must have missed it - didn't join the fun until a month or two ago. Thanks in advance.

But then at the end of the book she seems much more PRO Gideon especially in the lobby of the Crossfire when JFG accosts Eva before her and Mommica o to lunch...

I'd say a change of attitude due to her lengthy conversation with Gedelon over the phone.

Could someone please tell me the number of the New Year's snippet that's been referred to several times? Or the easiest way to find it? The one I mean is said to be from Gideon's point of view. I must have missed it - didn't join the fun until a month or two ago. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/12/31/special-teaser-years/

Hi Nrock

you can google sylvia day snippets and it lies between Snippet #5 and #6.

ciao

Various thoughts on Chapter 8

Getting some rest:

• So sweet that Eva told Gideon a bedtime story in a way to get him to fall asleep on the couch snuggled up with her, then she stayed up all night just holding him.
  • Friday was only their third night back together. Wednesday had been practically an all-nighter, and Thursday had been only a little better.
  • Add on top of that all the sleep he'd been losing while they had been apart more than two weeks.
  • Page 106, " ... he looked so weary, with dark smudges under his eyes and deep groves framing that wickedly sensual mouth." The fact he slept in until 11 a.m. Saturday proves how overtired he'd been -- he always been the first one to wake up the mornings they did spend overnights together in their early relationship.
  • Loved her joke the next morning reminding him what he was up against the coming night (pun intended).  She had her girls' night, planning to drink too much, which makes her ######.
  • "Oh yeah. You'll be lucky if you can crawl out of bed tomorrow, " (Eva) warned. (page 109)

He's more worried than ever about the violent nightmares, because now he's got traumatic memories of killing a man on top of the stuff from childhood. But these past few nights, Eva consistently has taken naps with him -- baby steps, I think to rebuilding his ability to trust they can share a bedroom.

Needs to take her own advice

• Now they know Deanna wants to try to hurt Gideon by painting him as some guy who flies into jealous rages, beating up other men because he keeps catching Eva with them. The fake story about Eva being in a threesome with Cary and another guy. The actually true story about her in a passionate embrace with Brett.
  • When they talk about different public relationships strategies for defusing potential scandals threatening to erupt, Eva pointed out the usual safe strategy. "Stay away from me. That's what you'd be advised to do. Distancing yourself from the source of a scandal is Crisis Management 101."

Um, Eva, hello .... Deanna Johnson actually has an eyewitness account of you getting caught passionately kissing Brett and then Gideon trying to beat the guy up. A true story that could become a scandal. And, um, don't you think you ought to back out of the promise you made Thursday to attend that Times Square event with Brett? Hmmmm? Duh!!!!

More blanks filled in about Nathan

• We learned that it had been Clancy (not Gideon's people) who had been heading up surveillance of Nathan. But Clancy had miscalculated Nathan as far as Cary went -- and thus Cary paid the price.
  • So that connected the dots to the fact it was Monica that informed Gideon who Cary's assailant was, telling him that Monday morning at the hospital, which started the chain reaction that led to Gideon putting an entirely new set of plans in motion.
  • Clancy's theory about Nathan hanging out near the Crossfire that day Clancy and Monica spotted him was that Nathan was there to be seen. "Once he made himself known, he kept the pressure up. Likely, he expected to frighten you and managed to scare Mrs. Stanton instead. Effective in either case."

Clancy's theory about Nathan ratcheting up the pressure gibes with what Detective Graves believed was behind the beating. From Reflected, "I would say that Nathan Barker attacked Cary Taylor as a way to intimidate and threaten Gideon Cross."

Er, effective in that case -- Gideon felt threatened. Too bad for Nathan he went too far, revealing just how kah-ray-zee and dangerous he really was. At that point, it quit being about money and secrets -- and instead became about Eva's very life.

OH MY!!!

On my first reading of that episode in RIY I thought Nathan wanted to kill Cary because the latter was the only man left around Eva. Gedeon had dumped her, and was therefore just one victim of blackmail in a row.

Throwing something out there..! Graves said Nathan's own dad said he considered him dead, what if Nathan's dad was keeping an eye on him and "witness" the murder and took his late wifes bracelet after the fact, secretly thanking Gideon for the deed..!!!

Angus is former MI6, British foreign intelligence, instead of former MI5, British domestic military intelligence. It makes Angus a much cooler character, almost as cool as James Bond, who also is MI6. I'll bet Angus loves the Aston Martin -- does Angus like vodka martinis though? (Shaken, not stirred -- and make sure it's Kingsman, LOL)

Silly aside, I think Sylvia deliberately chose MI6 for Angus for very clever reasons. It raises the possibility Angus actually may have worked as a full-fledged foreign spy during the years in the immediate aftermath of the collapse of the Soviet Union, the time in history when organized crime suddenly flourished in Russia. That possibility raises the interesting possibility that Angus too might have been involved in the dead Russian gangster twist. Gideon doesn't think so --- but I can see Angus taking some matters into his own hands to protect a guy he looks upon almost as a son.

Maybe Angus did do it but is keeping it from Gideon to protect him. 

This is what I hope Eva can fix. That she can finally make him realize that Corinne is responsible for all of her "misfortunes" not Gideon.

It is about time that Corrine takes responsibility for her own life. And her husband needs to take responsibility for himself as well. 

Don't you think it was ironic, that day or two later, the same thing happened in reverse. Both of them were able to keep a lid on their jealousy. They have come a long way in their journey. Eva taking a step back(or forward in this case)before acting. Even when Gideon approached her on the 10th floor, she said she would rather make love, than talk about Corinne. Wouldn't we all!!

The tenth floor Eva's future office sexy time scene is my favorite in the entire book!!

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that during the airplane love making scene, Gideon was introducing Eva to something new and potentially very scary.  It may also have potentially triggered bad memories that Eva had (due the past abuse).  I think that Gideon was doing everything within his power to let Eva know that although she may have been wearing restraints she was the one person who would be in complete control of the situation.  If she said one word to Gideon then the entire scene would have ended, the cuffs would have come off and they would have proceeded to making love without restraints.  That was my take on that passage.  What does everyone think?

I agree with this.

You're right she does have more power over Cary and that could be where the jealousy stems from.

I believe Tatiana is one of her sources and if that is something that Eva finds out in book 4 along with the baby not being Cary's then that's a good way of Tatiana exiting the picture.

I think Tatiana knows that if it ever came down to a choice between her and Eva, Cary would pick Eva ...

I've got a theory on that ... Monica figured out who killed Nathan, and she was eager to distance all of them -- Eva, Stanton and her -- from Gideon, lest they get accused of murder conspiracy. Maybe she hoped that it would be for the best if Gideon paid as a price for his own safety marrying Corrine instead.

1. When Nathan showed up with those rape photos of Eva, trying to extort money from both Gideon and the Stantons, all of them were working together.
  2. But then the Cary beating came, and Gideon decided the danger level had become too high. On his own, he planned and then carried out the killing.
  3. Suddenly it made sense to Monica why Gideon had gone from so tender to Eva at Cary's bedside on Monday morning to a romantic dinner for two with Corrine on Monday night. And then never lifted a finger to stop the tabloids for going wild about him and Corrine getting back together again. Not the next day. Not the next week. Stories that mentioned Eva, apparently, reported she was history.
  4. So naturally now, she's still nervous about the cops taking Gideon down and her/Stanton/Eva possibility ending up accused too.
  5. Enter Clancy and the bracelet???? The Stanton/Monica insurance plan to protect themselves by sending the cops running off on a different direction????
  6. Maybe the cops have now quit hounding Stanton too (they'd still been at it supposedly only one day before Entwined began.)
  7. So maybe now Monica thinks it's "safe to come out" and would be even more eager than ever for Eva to marry Gideon. Because among other things, the marriage would be an insurance policy for the Stantons.

I can't disagree with anything here.

Evening--

This is my very first post and I just cannot read all 98 pages but I have been browsing for days.  I love, love love Gideon and Eva.  Gideon got under my skin from the first few pages of BTY.  Some thoughts.

• I think the theory of Clancy being Nathan's killer is an interesting one and something I have thought about since seeing it here.
  • There is something totally creepy about Deanna.  I cannot seem to put my finger on it but I think she is major trouble.
  • Corinne needs to just go back to France.  An annoying person.  Her husband needs to grow a set of balls and deal.  Just sick of her.
  • I do not thing Graves is truly on Eva and Gideon's side.  Just a feeling like I have about Deanna.
  • Henry is the hottest guy I have seen in a very long time.  I may even have to see SUPERMAN.  lol
  • I love how Gideon has opened up to Eva in EWY.  

I could go on but I am very happy to be able to start sharing opinions and thoughts here.  You guys rock.

• When Nathan showed up with those rape photos of Eva, trying to extort money from both Gideon and the Stantons, all of them were working together.
  • But then the Cary beating came, and Gideon decided the danger level had become too high. On his own, he planned and then carried out the killing.
  • Suddenly it made sense to Monica why Gideon had gone from so tender to Eva at Cary's bedside on Monday morning to a romantic dinner for two with Corrine on Monday night. And then never lifted a finger to stop the tabloids for going wild about him and Corrine getting back together again. Not the next day. Not the next week. Stories that mentioned Eva, apparently, reported she was history.
  • So naturally now, she's still nervous about the cops taking Gideon down and her/Stanton/Eva possibility ending up accused too.
  • Enter Clancy and the bracelet???? The Stanton/Monica insurance plan to protect themselves by sending the cops running off on a different direction????
  • Maybe the cops have now quit hounding Stanton too (they'd still been at it supposedly only one day before Entwined began.)
  • So maybe now Monica thinks it's "safe to come out" and would be even more eager than ever for Eva to marry Gideon. Because among other things, the marriage would be an insurance policy for the Stantons.

Totally agree...she's definitely money hungry but no fool for sure!!