SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Ladies, several thoughts came to mind last night.

Why don't the Vidals go to these charity dinners.  Gideon and Eva have been to 3 in 3 months.  The Advocacy Dinner (their first date)

Gideon gave a speech.  That should have been in the news.  Son, why do you talk about child abuse?  questions questions  maybe they don't care

also, Gideon called Eva  (page 44) at her office.  we don't know if she has a direct line (don't think so)  so if Megumi transferred the call to Eva, surprised she didn't ask who that was; unless Scott made the call or Angus.  so even if Gideon used the burner phone, the call still came to her office phone.

in the pre-nup it stated that it would cost Gideon considerably if he cheated.  so what if Eva cheated?  what would happen....we don't want our lovebirds to cheat in the first place, but just thinking out loud.

can't wait for the new snippets and of course book 4  (wish we had a title)

Hi Jmhope,

Perhaps the Vidal’s don’t go to charity events that deal with child abuse because:

• They might that if they went, it might support Gideon in his “delusions†of having been a child of rape.  This is just a thought. 
  • Or maybe they don’t really care about the issue of child abuse. 
  • Perhaps they allocate their charitable funds elsewhere. 
  • Or maybe they have been told in no uncertain terms by Gideon to stay away. 
  • Maybe Gideon will not tolerate the presence of his mother (the woman who never believed her own son about the horrible abuse that he was suffering from) or the step-father who may or may not have paid off the men who abused him and the doctors who helped to cover up the crimes. 

Those might be possible scenarios.  What does everyone else think?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone I am so thrilled to be writing finally!! I have been following this group for quite some time now and I couldn't bare it anymore I needed to join!!

I am so new to this so I hope I am doing this correctly.

A few things I have been curious of

1) I thought at some point in RIY sylvia stated we would be getting what it was exactly Gideon whispered or said under his breathe that Eva didn't get?  It didn't seem clear to me what that was?...I assume its I love you but is that really it?

2) Is anyone going to tell Cary about Nathan being his attacker?...(Secretly I am hoping at some point Cary will be able to either figure things out for himself or Eva will tell him the truth, however with that Tatiana buzzing around I wouldn't be so forthcoming just yet)

3) Aside from the sexy love scenes in these novels I must say I truly hope as a reader OBSESSED with this couple, that we can get details!!...I WOULD LOVE to know what Gideon's Vows were to his lovely bride,...AND what exactly was said to Gideon by Angus that made him tear up!...anyway these are just the start of my posting can't wait to get more involved love this group of ladies!! 

LMAO

Hi Julie,

I don’t know if Christopher Jr. has had a visit from Deanna yet.   What beans could Jr. spill about his brother without making himself look like a serious but*head?  If Jr. mentioned something about Gideon’s past abuse, he would open his mother up to public scrutiny.  I don’t know.  So many scenarios, but who knows? 

Hello everyone I am so thrilled to be writing finally!! I have been following this group for quite some time now and I couldn't bare it anymore I needed to join!!

I am so new to this so I hope I am doing this correctly.

A few things I have been curious of

1) I thought at some point in RIY sylvia stated we would be getting what it was exactly Gideon whispered or said under his breathe that Eva didn't get?  It didn't seem clear to me what that was?...I assume its I love you but is that really it?

2) Is anyone going to tell Cary about Nathan being his attacker?...(Secretly I am hoping at some point Cary will be able to either figure things out for himself or Eva will tell him the truth, however with that Tatiana buzzing around I wouldn't be so forthcoming just yet)

3) Aside from the sexy love scenes in these novels I must say I truly hope as a reader OBSESSED with this couple, that we can get details!!...I WOULD LOVE to know what Gideon's Vows were to his lovely bride,...AND what exactly was said to Gideon by Angus that made him tear up!...anyway these are just the start of my posting can't wait to get more involved love this group of ladies!! 

Hi EmVeeCrossfire, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

I love that scene too.  I also love that Gideon always refers to Eva as "wife". Even when he said he wanted to show off his wife.  Eva said no one knows but Gideon said I know.

It is interesting that Eva mostly referred to Gideon as husband when she didn't know where he was. Where is my husband.  I don't know what my husband is doing.   I wonder why? 

Hi Sharonm745,

You make a good point.  I wonder if Eva might be having a bit of a hard time with the entire concept of marriage.  Could it be that she may be afraid to actually voice that out loud because she has always been afraid of losing Gideon?  Isn’t that what made Eva hesitant about marrying Gideon in the first place?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I think that the countdown pictures are what drove me crazy the most! 

Hi Claudine,

More photos?  Holy cow!!  I am not sure we will survive another round of it! Although I have to say I really enjoyed the snippets!!  I would have loved just as many snippets as snapshots, if not more! I don’t care if they are deleted scenes or what, I’ll take them!  :)

I have a question.  On the night Gideon told Eva No more Corinne, Gideon told Eva that the kitchen fire was his alibi.  Eva thought Corinne was the alibi, and so did I.  I also got the impression from Graves that the kitchen fire is what convinced her Gideon killed Nathan.  Gideon believed that enough people saw him dealing with the FDNY, insurance, etc. that they couldn't pin the murder on him.  Do you think his lawyers are convinced that they could prove reasonable doubt because of the fire?

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that Gideon’s lawyers could absolutely prove reasonable doubt.  Although no one was with Gideon consistently throughout the evening (i.e. fire department, insurance adjusters, guests, etc.) I am sure that more than enough people could have seen him walking around intermittently throughout the evening that a good portion of his time could be accounted for. 

If you also factor in that people wouldn’t have been checking their watches during the evening that would provide even more reasonable doubt and provide even more of an alibi.  What does everyone else think?

I was actually surprised at how rude and disrespectful Tatiana was. When Cary and Tatiana showed up at the apartment and Gideon and Eva were eating pizza,Tatiana saw Gideon and flashed him a come-hither smile. Then the following morning, Tatiana was walking around the apartment butt naked, I love that Eva confronts her. And I really like the part where Eva walks into the kitchen and sees Gideon leaning back into the counter, leisurely drinking his coffee. He wore a black suit and pale grey tie and look unbearably handsome. Ava asks "enjoy the show?" Ava hated that he saw another woman naked and not just any woman, but a model with the lean, willowy body type he'd been known to prefer. He lifted one shoulder in a careless shrug, "Not especially."  "You like 'em tall and skinny." Gideon set his left hand over mine. The rubies on his wedding band sparkled in the bright kitchen lights.  "Last I checked, the wife I can't resist was petite and voluptuous, Spectacularly so."  I LOVE this part, I can just picture our Sexy Gideon standing there all nonchalantly in his gorgeous suit......Yummmmy! 

Hi Shan,

After I reread that passage again, and Tatiana’s behaviours were odd (to say the least).  It was almost as if Tatiana was trying to mark her territory.  It was like she was trying to stake a claim of sorts by walking around in the nude.  No one in their right mind would ever walk around an apartment, where there are other roommates, in the nude.  I would think that at the very least Tatiana would have taken Cary’s feelings into consideration and been a “polite†overnight guest, but I guess not.

I loved how Gideon handled the entire situation as well.  It showed a lot of class on his part.  :)

I think you're right. Tatiana has become very selfish with Cary out nowhere.

I bet she would pull the same stunt she did in Eva's apartment. If she ever tries to do that again Eva would go crazy but I think Gideon would put Tatiana in her place. I just hope we don't get to a point in which she moves in.

He better ask for a paternity test and I'm sure he will!

Hi Claudine,

I agree with all your points.  I really hope that Cary and Tatiana don’t move in together.  It would spell disaster all around.  I also could see that entire situation blowing up on Cary.  Cary doesn’t make enough money to support himself and most certainly wouldn’t be able to afford an apartment on his own in New York City.  I think that Tatiana would be in for a very rude awakening if push ever came to shove and she found out that Cary is living off of the good graces of others.  I wonder how long it would take for Tatiana to walk down to the “Family Planning Clinic†for services.  I guess it will remain to be seen what Tatiana’s motives are and if she is telling the truth.

Any sense of time frame yet?

Hi Golfergirl,

Amen to that sister!  :)

Hey just a quick question several of the forum members have asked before; Can an attempted suicide cause a miscarriage or is it the medications that are administered to said patient what causes the miscarriage?  Corinne swallowed a bottle of pills when she tried to kill herself.  Was it the pills she swallowed or the medications administered afterwards that could have caused the miscarriage?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Hi Julie,

I think that there is nowhere in this world that Eva could go that Gideon wouldn’t find her.  I understood his declaration in that way.  I hope that Eva isn’t kidnapped.  I am not sure how it would help the storyline.  I hope we do get an insight into Gideon’s past and figure why his family is just so screwed up as a result.  I think that there are lots of juicy tidbits just waiting to be hashed out there.  :)

Had thought Tat was lying about the pregnancy.  Cannot think of Cary being that careless considering how he is.  Also, this woman is not the type to be faithful.  I think it speaks volumes about Cary as a person.  It doesn't even occur to me that she is honest.  The idea of Deanna bribing Tat is quite interesting.  And makes sense.  I don't think Tat is pregnant.  

The 2 people who bother me the most are Graves and Deanna.  I just don't trust either.  

Reread the Brett chapter.  Still not sure why Eva would even invite Brett up to the apartment.  Makes no sense considering Gideon has a key, hated the video, and is so possessive.  Like asking for trouble.

Hi GLH,

You could be right.  Tatiana may very well be lying about her pregnancy and it could also be possible that someone else is the father if she is pregnant.  She had a boyfriend at the time she started sleeping with Cary and I would suspect that she was still knocking boots with him as well.  I say paternity test…quick, quick, like a bunny!!!

Hi Kirsten,

I went across the street to visit a neighbor of mine who is a crown attorney (therefore an expert in law :)) and he said pretty much the same things.  There would be no way for a DA to prove that Eva knew about the murder before she was married.  It would be one seriously sticky situation as well because Eva is now with Gideon.

I suspect (and it has been confirmed by other lawyers in the forum) that any DA worth his/her salt wouldn’t touch a case like this with a ten foot pole.  It would be tantamount to committing career suicide.  He/she wouldn’t be able to prove “jackâ€!

He also said that justifiable homicide doesn’t include the premeditation of a murder (i.e. a person can’t sit back and actively plan the murder of another human being no matter how despicable that person might be.  Any way you cut a scenario like that, it is premeditated murder. 

I am sure that you can chime in on this Kirsten since the law is your specialty and your expertise (and it is greatly appreciated by me and many others). :)  Thanks in advance for the clarification.  I am sure that Canada and the US cannot be that different as far as the interpretation of what Justifiable Homicide means. What do you think?

I meant she was making Gedeon's life more complicated than it already was.

Morning Gabri.

I get what you meant. But you wrote Miss Complicated, when actually she is a Mrs.

They are Mr and Mrs Complicated now! Lol

We're at cross(pun intended)purposes. ;)

Have a good day in Italy. :)

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if we have any judges (in the legal sense) in this forum?  I hope so! :)

I was thinking about the whole Gideon committing a crime thing and we have had the perspective of lawyers, which is amazing, but I was wondering about a judge's perspective.  My dad has a client who is a superior court judge.  I think I might ask him what the stance is from a judge’s perspective, about whether the murder of Nathan would be considered a premeditated act or not. 

Hi Nrock.,

I think that when a person applies to become a member of this forum, the administration has a waiting period where they are in the process of validating memberships.  I don’t think that there is a huge department looking after that and as such, it may take the person who validates the memberships a while to activate said memberships.  What does everyone think?

Hi Mam2e,

You are correct.  Gideon and Eva never directly or openly discussed the murder of Nathan.  I am not sure that Eva would be able to handle all of the details and I also not sure that she would want to know about the details either.   I think that under different circumstances, Gideon might want to confess to someone, but that someone isn’t going to be Eva.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Cassie,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

In response to your posting:

• I am worried about Megumi and Lacey.  Eva left a message on Megumi’s machine and also Lacey to the effect that if Megumi is too sick to respond to the message could she please let Eva know that they were both ok.  Neither woman ever responded.  That sends off alarm bells for me. 
  • Eva once describe her mother gave as good as she got when it came to men.  I don’t think that Monica will be successful with Stanton because I think that she may be able to walk all over him.  I think that Victor may be the only person who might be able to reign in Monica, but then again who knows? 
  • I think that maybe Monica cheated on Stanton because she isn’t in love with him.  I think she loves him for that entire he has done for her and her daughter, but it isn’t the same as loving someone with all your heart and being in love with someone with all your heart.  Do you know what I mean?
  • I like your idea about Stanton needing Monica because he may be hiding secrets of his own…what on earth could they be?
  • A cheating Stanton…hmmm?  It could be a way that Monica could leave Stanton.  Now all Monica has to do is keep her mouth shut about cheating on Stanton and she might wind up with another nice divorce settlement.  Sigh!  :)

What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi GiGi,

Wasn't husband number 2 the one with the gambling problem?

Hi Kirsten,

Have you noticed that all of Monica’s husbands had serious problems; father of a torturing, raping child, huge gambler….Stanton remains to be seen….Just saying….  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

article-2341902-1A4F0E09000005DC-802_306

Hi Kirsten,

Back to what you were saying, I am not so sure that Trey would take kindly to Tatiana’s man stealing ways.   I think that there is only so much that one person could take before they snap and start fighting for their man. :)