SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Victor   read the  reports  so I am  guessing he  knows that  Gideon  was a  suspect.

As  for  Graves,   she  knows it  was  Gideon  but  can't  prove  it.

But the  bracelet  has  her  questioning again.  Her  comment  "I  hate  lose  ends"

She  probably  hates  not  know  how that bracelet  ended up where it  did.

The  case is  cold as  far as the  police are concerned.   

I  wouldn't  be  surprised if she ends up with  Victor  lol

I don't want Victor to end up with Shelly.  That would put Victor in a bad position keeping secrets from either his daughter or his wife.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about I think Eva is in awe and hardly believes she is married.  I occurred to me that maybe she is still trying to preserve that "intimate and deeply personal" feeling she had at the ceremony.

I agree.  Eva is afraid but she knows deep down that marrying Gideon is what they both need, not only for the security but also to heal. 

I agree she's processing and want's to keep the personal moment to herself until she's come to terms with it. After all, it was incredibly spur of the moment. They talked about marriage, but I'm sure she never expected to be proposed to and married within 24 hours.

I also think she's trying to deal with the whole "mogul's wife" thing that comes with this new territory. She mentioned it several times...once even before they were married, walking through the resort, and then several times after the marriage. She literally mentioned 'mogul's wife' at one point, but even just the way she and gideon abstained in the limo, despite them both looking forward to it, so she wouldn't look 'less than perfect' for the event.

Hi Mrs X, 

Fantastic!  I have family in Australia.  Very beautiful country!  Did you get a chance to go to one of Sylvia's book signings?

No    she  was  on the  east  coast  and I live on the  west.   I  would have gone for  sure.

I  was told about the  book "Bared  to you"   from a  friend in the  US.

FS   was  well known  here  and  we were  discussing it and she  mentioned this  book  to me.

That  was  last year and  I am  guessing  Sylvia is  better known here now for  her  CF  series.

Eva gives Gideon a hard time about not disclosing facts to her ie Ian suing Gideon, but she kept from Gideon for nearly a week that she and Cary were taking off to San Diego. She should practice what she preaches.

hahaha! good point! They've both got work to do.

Gideon more than her though, I think. He disappeared to California without telling her...after they were married! He said he was busy the whole time...and I'm sure he was...but, REALLY? Not even time for a 2 minute call or text message???

I wonder if he was unintentionally (and completely unconsciously) punishing her for the extra drama.

I don't want Victor to end up with Shelly.  That would put Victor in a bad position keeping secrets from either his daughter or his wife.

They   both  want  him happy.    I  can't see  Monica  leaving Stanton.

Wouldn't  surprise me if  Shelly  was  abused  either   adding to her  understanding of the  situation  maybe.

Oh  there  could be so many twists in this   story  line.  

GiGi

You are probably right.  That is probably what Gideon whispered in Deanna's ear at the dinner...contact so and so in the Caribbean and you will find the marriage license & picture.  You have 48 hours.

I agree! I do think that was why Gideon was talking to Deanna at that event. These photos will also hit the news just as Eva arrives in San Diego. Brett will hopefully get the message. i just hope that Gideon lets Eva know , so that she can let her dad know. I wouldn't want him to have to read this. Eva should be the one to let him know.

It was said that Monica married Barker when Eva was 4 years old and Nathan was two years older.

Where did it say that? I knew Nathan was two years older. That's what Eva told Gideon when she was telling him about her abuse. I don't remember the 4 year old bit though. Be good if you could tell me page no. Thank you

Gideon more than her though, I think. He disappeared to California without telling her...after they were married! He said he was busy the whole time...and I'm sure he was...but, REALLY? Not even time for a 2 minute call or text message???

I wonder if he was unintentionally (and completely unconsciously) punishing her for the extra drama.

He  covered this  action  by saying there   will be times  that  she  needs to trust  him.     And  being married  helps  her  to feel  more  secure  when  he does things  like  this.   He  may  not have  wanted  anyone to follow  his trail to  CA and had  to know for

sure if the  tape  existed  before  mentioning it  to Eva.

Who  thinks he watched the  whole  video?

He actually regressed back to his old ways at this point.

When he is doing something to protect Eva he shuts her out. She has come to realise this now. Stupid man!

Victor   read the  reports  so I am  guessing he  knows that  Gideon  was a  suspect.

As  for  Graves,   she  knows it  was  Gideon  but  can't  prove  it.

But the  bracelet  has  her  questioning again.  Her  comment  "I  hate  lose  ends"

She  probably  hates  not  know  how that bracelet  ended up where it  did.

The  case is  cold as  far as the  police are concerned.   

I  wouldn't  be  surprised if she ends up with  Victor  lol

HI Mrs. X!! X-cellent we have a Down Under addition to the forum. Truly going global.

There's two set of court/police files involving Nathan, the old ones from ten years ago where he's a rapist and Eva is the victim, and brand new ones that are about four weeks old where he is the murder victim.

We know Victor definitely read the old files involving the investigation and ultimately the conviction of Nathan, including that he was locked up in a psychiatric facility instead of jail. Victor told Eva he read those. My suspicion is he got the copies from Detective Shelley Graves and/or her partner, but he could have tracked them down by other means. Because Nathan was arrested, tried and convicted, there's a whole set of court records.

I have a sneaking suspicion he's been shown select parts of the NYPD investigation file into the murder of Nathan. Because no one has been arrested yet (and thus there's no court records yet) those files are extremely confidential. At this point, the only place he could get any copies of anything in there would be either leaks from the detectives or from the prosecutor they're reporting to. Because Gideon hasn't been arrested, his defense lawyers aren't entitled to them -- and besides, Gideon would be the last person wanting Victor to know about the rapes, much less the truth about the murder.

Victor knows something though -- either through the detectives or by connecting the dots himself as a very smart cop himself. Because he's done a 180-degree turn on Gideon, from showing Eva proof Gideon "cheated" on her with Corrine the week he'd first met Gideon to giving his blessing on Gideon marrying his daughter. Victor knows Gideon knew about Nathan, so the rapes weren't why Gideon "dumped" his daughter.

I agree! I do think that was why Gideon was talking to Deanna at that event. These photos will also hit the news just as Eva arrives in San Diego. Brett will hopefully get the message. i just hope that Gideon lets Eva know , so that she can let her dad know. I wouldn't want him to have to read this. Eva should be the one to let him know.

I agree with you, releasing information like that without Eva's knowledge would her off!

Hi Gigi

I'm going the route of something different for their vows for the second time. The first time was intimate, just for them (and Angus).

They will probably have a big bash if Monica has anything to do with it, but I preferred the first time. Just them. So much more romantic. :)

Been away for awhile so sorry f this sounds repetitive. I think that they will do the traditional society wedding hat everyone expects and that the ceremony on the beach will stay private. They already vowed to each other their most intimate thoughts and they will stay secret. This second wedding is to appease Monica (to plan the wedding she thinks Eva wants) and Victor (the chancw to give away his only daughter)

Been away for awhile so sorry f this sounds repetitive. I think that they will do the traditional society wedding hat everyone expects and that the ceremony on the beach will stay private. They already vowed to each other their most intimate thoughts and they will stay secret. This second wedding is to appease Monica (to plan the wedding she thinks Eva wants) and Victor (the chancw to give away his only daughter)

Most definitely.

I like that only they, and Angus knew about it. Deeply personal. Perfect!

Monica will want the whole shebang!

But Victor giving her away. Perfect!

He  covered this  action  by saying there   will be times  that  she  needs to trust  him.     And  being married  helps  her  to feel  more  secure  when  he does things  like  this.   He  may  not have  wanted  anyone to follow  his trail to  CA and had  to know for

I don't think he watched the whole thing. Even just knowing it's out there I'm sure sickened him, but watching a minute or two of the PG rated part to authenticate it pushed him to a place he didn't want to go. I think this may have been part of the reason why, despite having his pills at Eva's, he went next door to their apartment, rather than back to Eva or her guest room to be closer.

When he is doing something to protect Eva he shuts her out. She has come to realise this now. Stupid man!

yeah, especially even after he came home and went next door, rather than her guest room. Maybe that's one of the issue he'll work through in the next book...at least, we can hope. :)

If another relative, like a grandparent, set up a trust fund, her parents couldn't take it away. That's one possibility.

I still think she got some rich man and powerful man to take care of her, though, and yet got "burned" by the fact he didn't marry her. So I'm thinking mistress. I don't think Monica is past breaking up a marriage. Besides, a lot of powerful men break their own first marriages on their own, looking for beautiful second (or even third) wives much younger than they are. Perhaps she thought she'd landed one, and when the guy didn't marry her, the life lesson she learned was to be very pragmatic of forcing guys to chase all the way to the altar itself. Make them work hard for it and refuse to settle for anything less than matrimony.

I can sort of see that but being a mistress is not such a big deal in relative terms and what she seemed to want to tell Eva sounded more ominous.

Sylvia herself has said many times Gideon has a lot more work today. It's the reason why Crossfire is going to five books; there's so much Gideon story that Sylvia couldn't fit it all into three novels.

The secret trip to California to deal with the sex tape issue was pure regression right back into keeping Nathan's rape photos/video of Eva a secret. I think the sex tape issue re-triggered a bunch of recent baggage in Gideon's mind: seeing those old images of Eva being raped, the brand new baggage of being a killer, the very-fresh baggage of ex-lover drama (Corrine and Brett).

But bless, Gideon, he did make progress when he came back. He opened up and told Eva the truth.

I don't think he watched the whole sex tape. He told Eva he didn't and he promised he wouldn't. Aside from some lies he told the week he killed Nathan, he's never said a false word to her (or so he claims and I believe him.) But he definitely watched some in order to authenticate the fact is really was Eva. Umm .... what did "authenticate" involve? I think it involved looking at more than her face; he looked at body parts too, I'll bet.

Most definitely.

I like that only they, and Angus knew about it. Deeply personal. Perfect!

Monica will want the whole shebang!

But Victor giving her away. Perfect!

Hi Julie!

I agree, I think Im in the minority here when I say I dont want to know their vows... They would write new ones or even repeat the ones they said in their private ceremony, but to be honest I was never one to like hearing people's vows. Im super private when it comes to stuff like that so I would be totally fine if we dont get to hear them. 

Hiya.

I get it now. It threw me to start with.

When I wrote it, it started to come together. Gideon just missing his one appointment. I'm glad he thought it was important enough to continue going, obviously, Gideon has learnt to trust Dr Petersen, even though he has a dislike for shrinks! Doing it for himself not just for Eva. Part of his growth.

I think he was doing it for Eva too.  He always knew he was going to try to win Eva back and he wants to be everything she needs.  Getting help from Dr. Petersen was part of his plan to heal his past for Eva.  Gideon said before he met Eva he thought he was happy and the fact that he couldn't spend the night with women didn't bother him.  (I think that was in RIY.) 

You know my opinion ladies!! Prostitution! If its not I will eat crow pie!

Julie, every one of us is due some crow pie based on all the wild theories we had after we'd read Reflected and were waiting for Entwined to come out. For example, there was a faction convinced Monica killed Nathan. More crow pie is due after Book Four.

They make outstanding crow pie at Tableau One. You can even get carry out to bring home :)

Hi Julie!

I agree, I think Im in the minority here when I say I dont want to know their vows... They would write new ones or even repeat the ones they said in their private ceremony, but to be honest I was never one to like hearing people's vows. Im super private when it comes to stuff like that so I would be totally fine if we dont get to hear them.

Hi Fluffy

I don't want to hear them either, I think it was so romantic how it was planned. Perfect. :)

They   both  want  him happy.    I  can't see  Monica  leaving Stanton.

Wouldn't  surprise me if  Shelly  was  abused  either   adding to her  understanding of the  situation  maybe.

Oh  there  could be so many twists in this   story  line.  

I don't want Victor with Monica either.  I want Victor to find a new woman who can love him for who he is.  Shelly will always have doubts and/or questions about Gideon and that will impact her relationship with Eva.  I can't see where that will be good for Victor, a man who loves his daughter so much.

Julie, every one of us is due some crow pie based on all the wild theories we had after we'd read Reflected and were waiting for Entwined to come out. For example, there was a faction convinced Monica killed Nathan. More crow pie is due after Book Four.

They make outstanding crow pie at Tableau One. You can even get carry out to bring home :)

Well some of us went home with doggy bags, after our night out at Arnoldos. To celebrate your 2000 posts! Thank you very much!

Must do it again soon!