SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Who do you think the 10th floor is being remodelled for?

Mrs Cross. :D

Mr Cross has big plans for Mrs Cross. :D

OMG! I never even thought about that. Perhaps it is his master plan for Eva's career. She said he seemed to know his way around the construction site. If it was just some random tenant that leased the space, he probably wouldn't know much about how the space was being configured...he's got plenty of people to oversee those details...unless the space meant something personally to him.

Perhaps they christened her new office! :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that Gideon will visit Corrine over the weekend when Eva and Cary are away in SD?

I think he'll go with her. He'll oversee the whole Brett situation. He'll spend time dealing with the video issue. And He'll prove once and for all that he can leave Corrine in the dust...especially since JFG will probably explode if he sees him again. Plus, deep down Gideon has to know that Corrine knew she was pregnant. And he must also realize that she schemed to cut him the deepest way possible with her suicide attempt. With those two things, hopefully he'll finally see her true colors.  

OMG! I never even thought about that. Perhaps it is his master plan for Eva's career. She said he seemed to know his way around the construction site. If it was just some random tenant that leased the space, he probably wouldn't know much about how the space was being configured...he's got plenty of people to oversee those details...unless the space meant something personally to him.

Perhaps they christened her new office! :)

You're right he did know his way around the space. Ad the fact that the office was furnished but everything else around it was being constructed was a huge sign that the office may just be Eva's.

I noticed several people talking about the audio books.  I love mine.  Anyway here is a free offer.

http://www.audible.com/t1/30trial_at?source_code=FBIGB906NWS032113

Ack. All this time I've been pronouncing her name wrong in my head! I always thought it was EE-VA (long E). But in this recording it's AY-VA (long A).

I can't be alone in this, can I?

thanks for the link. I'm definitely downloading....my mind is going to be jostled every time I hear her name, though. lol

Ack. All this time I've been pronouncing her name wrong in my head! I always thought it was EE-VA (long E). But in this recording it's AY-VA (long A).

thanks for the link. I'm definitely downloading....my mind is going to be jostled every time I hear her name, though. lol

No.  I sent Sylvia a tweet when I first listened.  she said Ava is the Spanish pronunciation and Eva is named after Victor's mom.

Yes Thank you for the link. I just downloaded. I loved the first two on audio.

I just wanted to make a comment about releasing the wedding photos.  Even if Deanne get a copy that isn't going to take anything away from the beauty of the event for Eva and Gideon.  They are just pictures, the love is the personal part.  I'm sure Eva will understand that Gideon needed to get as much information from Deanna as possible to protect his wife.

Yes.

In the Blackstone Affair series (which I saw recommened here, thank you very much :)  ) the 2nd & 3rd books both tell the story from male & female POV.  It is really different and I liked it.  Was happy to see the snippet with Gideon's POV and hoping that maybe in book 4 or 5 Gideon with starting 'talking' to Sylvia :)

Love the Blackstone Affair books:)

I know.  They were all going crazy on the news last night about the movie.  I'm sure they will find someone equally beautiful if HC can't take the job.  I'm confident Gideon will be everything we need.

I agree there are a lot of unemployed actors out there waiting for a break and blue eyes aren't hard to come by so the skinny ones will just have to get to the gym!! LOL

He better not. He might even be unable to do so. At this point, JFG probably has the power to forbid certain visitors, including Gideon. JFG is still Corrine's husband, so technically he has next-of-kin authority to call many shots at the hospital. This would be doubly so given she's a psychiatric patient right now.

I can't see Eva letting Gideon step one foot there; neither of them would be welcome...

I like Matt also but I must agree I don't think he has that edge our gideon has... I DO however LOVE Matt as Cary ... Gorgeous model beautiful eyes gorg body!!! I see it!!

Hi welcome to the fun!

Henry has a bit of animal magnetism about him. Dark and dangerous!! Just perfect. :)

Matt is lovely though.

Hi Julie,

Don’t worry about the “crow pie†bit. It’s all good.   Let’s see how things work out in the next book.  Maybe it will be released before the end of the year.  Goodness willing we will all have some hair left on our heads and a few fingernails that we haven’t bitten off. :)

Hi Mam2e,

You are absolutely correct in that Monica traded on her beauty for a marriage of convenience and wealth.  I don’t have any doubt about that at all.  I just wish that Monica had paid attention to her daughter during her “married yearsâ€.  Monica’s actions signify, to me, that something was very wrong in that situation.

A mother doesn’t completely disconnect from her child.  She learns to read her child’s body language and listens for the cues that her child is trying to tell her, even if she isn’t able to with her words.  Monica was completely checked out during those years and what’s worse is the fact that she and Eva have an incredibly screwed up relationship as a result of it.  Eva has to tiptoe around her mother and comfort her, when it should be Monica comforting her daughter and Monica doing everything within her power emotionally to support Eva.  That just isn’t the case here.  Again I have to ask why?   

I completely understand that Monica must have given up an incredible amount to have Eva, but at some point, that woman needs to give up the ghost (so to speak).  She needs to stop with the twisted manipulation of her daughter because of her bad choices.  What’s worse is the fact that she just keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.   What is even worse is that because of her bad choices Monica isn’t able to make different choices.  She seeks to look out and try and manipulate her daughter instead of looking inside of herself (which I could only imagine as being horrendously painful) and dealing with the fact that she and she alone helped to create this situation. 

You are correct in that Monica most likely equates happiness with money.  What I find interesting is that Monica hasn’t equated her bad choices (because of putting money ahead of people) with her distorted views on this subject.  I wonder sometimes who Monica put first; herself or her daughter?

I was thinking about something that you said and I wonder if Monica took a break after her first marriage in order to assess what the heck happened in that marriage and how she could have dropped the ball so badly and not seen any of the signs of her daughters’ brutal abuse.  I wonder if Monica got counseling for what happened along with Eva.  So many questions still unanswered..  Hmm…

I had one quick question (ok several questions, wink); if Monica was pregnant and Victor was the father, then why would her pregnancy cause her to give up her relationship with him?  Victor had no more or less money than when she started sleeping with him, so what’s the difference?  If Monica’s parents didn’t approve of Victor when she started dating him, then what would the difference be if she got pregnant?  Hypothetically speaking nothing should have changed in Monica and Victor’s relationship, so I have to ask, what happened?  Did Monica lie to her parents about dating Victor?  Did they not approve of him?  Did she keep Victor a secret from her parents for a reason?  Was she embarrassed by Victor’s status in life?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

I personally don’t think that Eva and Cary had a housekeeper.  I think that Eva was trying to have as normal an experience as possible and I think that would have included her scrubbing her own toilets.  Eva was uncomfortable with having to accept Monica’s/Stanton’s financial help, but she made a concession for her mother’s peace of mind.  Eva would get upset with her mother’s constant gifts and gowns and such, but I don’t think that Eva would be able to tolerate a stranger having unfettered access to her personal things and as such, I think that if Monica tried to include a housekeeper with the apartment, it could have been a deal breaker for Eva.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Nrock,

I think your theory is completely plausible.  I am not so sure that Gideon and Corinne’s first se**al foray would have included BDSM.  I am not so sure that Gideon would have been all Fifty Shades of Grey.  What does everyone think?

Hi Julie,

If Gideon used handcuffs or restraints then he absolutely would have been practicing a part of BDSM (Bondage part).  I think that because of the exposure of Fifty Shades of Grey, everyone thinks that BDSM has to include extreme aspects of se**al play.  That isn’t the case.  BDSM play can include as much or as little involvement as an individual wants to get involved with. :)

Hi Sharonm745,

I have been thinking about what you said and I don’t think that parents give their heart away to their children. They love their children unconditionally and allow their hearts to grow and expand.  Many people love their parents unconditionally as well.  They give and receive love from their parents and hopefully take positive learning experiences and patterns with them into their future relationships.

The only relationship where someone gives a part of their heart away is in a love union type of relationship (a man and woman/ a woman and a woman/ a man and a man, etc.).   These are the relationships where a person not only allows another person into their heart but into their body and mind as well. 

I think that all those years ago, Victor gave his heart away to Monica believing that this was the one and only woman for him.  I think that because Victor never married or seemed to be in a serious relationship.  His confession to Eva about how after all these years, he was still in love with Monica, tells me that this man gave away his heart whole heartedly and that  even after all of these years, he never got it back.

I thought about all the theories and scenarios that have played out in the forum and I have to wonder if maybe I got it wrong.  I was expecting Victor to lay into Monica when he found out about her gross parental neglect, yet in the end Victor ended up sleeping with Monica.  Victor stated that he was still in love with Monica even after all these years, and that even though they both committed adultery (Monica was the adulterer and Victor was the helper). It is clear that Monica made gross parenting mistakes, but could it be that Victor wasn’t wearing rose coloured glasses?  He obviously saw her flaws.  Could it be that Victor could see past Monica’s mistakes and still love her in spite of them or maybe even because of her flaws?  Wouldn’t that be the true definition of love?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sharonm745,

No worries about the spelling errors.  It is all good. I was taught by nuns as well. :)  Sister Mary Agnes (one of my most favourite nuns in this world) would be positively shocked by this forum, but I think that she might secretly love it.  It might give her something to confess about on Sunday’s.  :)