SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barbiemitch,

I don’t think that Gideon will visit Corinne while Eva is away.  I think that if and when he does visit Corinne one final time, that Eva will know in advance and that she will probably be sitting outside in the waiting room or downstairs in the car.  I don’t think that Gideon would exclude Eva from that kind of visit.  Corinne has been a huge source of pain for Eva.  I don’t think that Gideon would ever do anything with and for Corinne again, without Eva’s knowledge and consent.  What do you think?

I will say again that neither Gideon or Eva have any business being there ;it is JFG place and her family's place to be there ; for the Vidals or the Cross's to be there would be quite inappropriate. IMO

Is it bobbing time already!!!

It's only 2 pm!!!

Shameful. Lol heeheehee

Oh I know Julie but I am alone at work, my assistant is on holiday and I have had enough of stupid spread sheets so I needed a distraction, and Henry is a welcome distraction, if there is a wee bit gutter then oh well so be it LOL :P

I will say again that neither Gideon or Eva have any business being there ;it is JFG place and her family's place to be there ; for the Vidals or the Cross's to be there would be quite inappropriate. IMO

^^^ THIS

And no good can come of any future contact. All it does is "water the weed" and fuel the crazy.

Besides, Lizzie needs to start getting to know her son's wife. Corrine will never be part of the Vidal clan. Time to get to know Eva, start believing Gideon, and start doing her part to repair the damage she did in the past.

I agree.  I am having a hard time trying to figure out how Gideon can justify going even after his mother called.  If it were me I would have called JFG to make sure he knew and then said let me know if you need anything from me.   The only good thing that came out of that trip was that Gideon ran into Deanna and found out about the se x tape before it was released.  Gideon takes on too much for his own good and more often than not it backfires on him.

OMG. You are so right. This woman is so twisted. She is poisoning everyone around Gideon, exacting her revenge on him. Slowly and methodically. How has she still got a licence? Doesn't her husband she how she is behaving.

What will she do next? Eva will definitely be in danger, if she is allowed to continue.

Probably because she's been clever enough to not get caught -- that's how she's still got a license. But Dr. Anne's got a problem now that a whole new set of physicians at the hospital will be reviewing Corrine's recent history, include her prescriptions. At the very least, it's not going to look pretty. If it's really bad, JFG might want to talk to lawyer about malpractice.

Good afternoon ladies

it's so hot today thay I can't think properly

And those pics..... keep them coming, please!!!!

After watching the video starring Henry's workout want to join the US National Guard up like now!!!

Im sorry I wasn't able to chat yesterday, but my computer didn't agree with the sand ( I was at the seaside)

but I as soon as I got home I managed to post my review of Entwined, my first ever!!

I was reviewing the timeline xfire posted and it dawned on me that this story has only taken us through 9 weeks if I'm reading this correctly.  If that is true that explains why Cary doesn't have very much money.  I think models are contract employees and may only get paid once a month.  He was only working 5 weeks and then he was attacked and not able to work for 4.  My guess is that he has only had one paycheck so far and that wouldn't be that much since he is new to the business.

I've got another idea along your lines, Julie -- mistress. She found some rich and powerful man to keep her as his woman on the side. 

She's been pragmatic with Eva about the fact that when it comes to rich and powerful men, they're often married to their careers, and their wives get what time they can spare. 

In case where such men keep mistresses, often it is the mistress that gets the quality spare time. The wife gets to have fun spending money.

That's a good theory! I really want to know the back story of Eva's childhood.

I agree.  I am having a hard time trying to figure out how Gideon can justify going even after his mother called.  If it were me I would have called JFG to make sure he knew and then said let me know if you need anything from me.   The only good thing that came out of that trip was that Gideon ran into Deanna and found out about the se x tape before it was released.  Gideon takes on too much for his own good and more often than not it backfires on him.

Knee-jerk guilt reaction. Which is exactly what Lizzie was counting on -- hitting him with the news in a way that implied "this is all your fault." Not without reason either -- Gideon very deliberately sent Corrine mixed signals, including acting like they were going somewhere. Actions speak louder than words. Corrine was convinced she had him back right up to the day he told her all they could be is long-distance friends -- NOT social. This meant no more spending time with her, period. 

He used her. Used her to protect Eva, but used her nonetheless. Coldly. All the while planning to quit spending any time with her, period, as soon as it was safe for him to resume seeing Eva. When he went into the (stupid!!!!) cover plan, he knew d.a.m.n. well he was going to deliberately hurt both women, manipulate them both by using their love for him. It shreded him to do it to Eva; I'll bet he cried himself to sleep every night knowing how hurt and angry she was. As for Corrine, he felt guilty.

I've been thinking about Lizzie and her thoughts of Eva. In bared to you she seems pleased to met her.

“Eva!†Gideon’s mother drew me toward her, then air-kissed both of my cheeks. “I’m so pleased to finally meet you. What a gorgeous girl you are! And your dress. I love it.â€

Then when they went to leave the garden party "Elizabeth looked at me with a plea in her eyes."

Did Lizzie think she had an ally in Eva ?

Which she does in Eva "Because I want him healed and healthy and whole.â€

Then why in entwined with you has her view of Eva changed. She sees Eva as an enemy

It made me think, Do you then think that Lizzie may have believed Gideon after Hugh died but couldn't do anything now and somehow wanted to forget it ever happened. If she believed hard enough that it didn't happen then she could wish it all way. Making it never happen . But Eva bringing it all back up means that Lizzie has to deal with it .

I so want Gideon to learn to build on his family relationships. Eva's worked him well with Ireland.

I was reviewing the timeline xfire posted and it dawned on me that this story has only taken us through 9 weeks if I'm reading this correctly.  If that is true that explains why Cary doesn't have very much money.  I think models are contract employees and may only get paid once a month.  He was only working 5 weeks and then he was attacked and not able to work for 4.  My guess is that he has only had one paycheck so far and that wouldn't be that much since he is new to the business.

My math is 59 days, but I may be off a couple either way. That equates to about eight and a half weeks.

I'm confused about Mommica's marriages.

Monica Trammell Barker Mitchell Stanton

In RIY-

She tells Cary (on the jet to Vegas) Chapt.5 pg 72-"My mom's second husband was a whale." That would be Mitchell.

Chapt.6 pg 99-"I'd learned, thanks to my mom's third husband, that gambling....etc." That's not Stanton.

In EWY-

Chapt.17 pg 260-when Mommica and Eva went to lunch after Eva met Giroux-'Over the course of three divorces, she'd amassed millions in personal wealth.'

Also in a conversation she has with Clancy-Chapt.8 pg 118-"A lot of stuff happened before you and Stanton ever came into the picture."

Plus there's that something that Mommica isn't telling Eva because Eva's upset, also when they went out to lunch.

So does this maybe mean there was another marriage she (Mommica) won't even acknowledge existed?

IDK-I'm all screwed up here.

I'm confused about Mommica's marriages.

Monica Trammell Barker Mitchell Stanton

In RIY-

She tells Cary (on the jet to Vegas) Chapt.5 pg 72-"My mom's second husband was a whale." That would be Mitchell.

Chapt.6 pg 99-"I'd learned, thanks to my mom's third husband, that gambling....etc." That's not Stanton.

In EWY-

Chapt.17 pg 260-when Mommica and Eva went to lunch after Eva met Giroux-'Over the course of three divorces, she'd amassed millions in personal wealth.'

Also in a conversation she has with Clancy-Chapt.8 pg 118-"A lot of stuff happened before you and Stanton ever came into the picture."

Plus there's that something that Mommica isn't telling Eva because Eva's upset, also when they went out to lunch.

So does this maybe mean there was another marriage she (Mommica) won't even acknowledge existed?

IDK-I'm all screwed up here.

There are some text inconsistencies that somehow made it into print somewhere along the editing process.

Mr. Barker = #1

Mr. Mitchell = #2

Richard Stanton = #3.

Page 99 of of Reflected should say "second" husband.

Page 260 should say "over the course of three marriages"

Knee-jerk guilt reaction. Which is exactly what Lizzie was counting on -- hitting him with the news in a way that implied "this is all your fault." Not without reason either -- Gideon very deliberately sent Corrine mixed signals, including acting like they were going somewhere. Actions speak louder than words. Corrine was convinced she had him back right up to the day he told her all they could be is long-distance friends -- NOT social. This meant no more spending time with her, period. 

He used her. Used her to protect Eva, but used her nonetheless. Coldly. All the while planning to quit spending any time with her, period, as soon as it was safe for him to resume seeing Eva. When he went into the (stupid!!!!) cover plan, he knew d.a.m.n. well he was going to deliberately hurt both women, manipulate them both by using their love for him. It shreded him to do it to Eva; I'll bet he cried himself to sleep every night knowing how hurt and angry she was. As for Corrine, he felt guilty.

I get what you're saying but I still believe that Gideon told Corinne up front that they would never be more than friends.  I think through the two or so weeks that Corinne was his plus 1 he treated her like a friend.  Even when he leaned in and talked to her for the photographer, I think that was a calculated move on his part and the comment was something mundane. I think Corinne liked the picture that was in the paper but she knew it was nothing.  My guess--even when Gideon took her home, he walked her to the door and didn't even go inside using the excuse that he has an early morning (like college) or he arranged with Angus to give him a phone call that he could use as a "need get away" for an emergency excuse to leave.

I think that Corinne tried to convince Gideon he wanted more but she understood the relationship wasn't going to move forward the night at the Kingsman event.  I think she stayed around with Gideon while he was dealing with the fire issues because she knew the hotel.  She thought Gideon would take her to the f**k pad but he didn't.  I think that night drove the point home that Gideon was really only going to be a friend.  

What surprises (angers) me is that Corinne never saw how Gideon was hurting.  Even Eva, as much as she was suffering herself, recognized that Gideon was in pain and asked Corinne to take note when she stopped by her apartment.  Eva told Corinne that Gideon loves her not Corrine but she has the opportunity to be his friend.  Unfortunately Corinne didn't want to be friends she decided to strike back and make Gideon suffer more by attempting suicide and killing her child.  The more I think about the more I hate her. 

There are some text inconsistencies that somehow made it into print somewhere along the editing process.

Mr. Barker = #1

Mr. Mitchell = #2

Richard Stanton = #3.

Page 99 of of Reflected should say "second" husband.

Page 260 should say "over the course of three marriages"

OK-thanks LN.

I think I want to be a proofreader in my second life.

OK-thanks LN.

I think I want to be a proofreader in my second life.

Proofreading is like watching paint dry -- only your eyes get tired. And no matter how good you are, something always makes it past you and into print. Then it's all your fault because you were the last one to touch the copy.

BTW I don't think the text errors were Sylvia's. It's possible, but she's too good of an author. I suspect the errors somehow got introduced during the editing process after she turned in the manuscripts.

I've been thinking about Lizzie and her thoughts of Eva. In bared to you she seems pleased to met her.

“Eva!†Gideon’s mother drew me toward her, then air-kissed both of my cheeks. “I’m so pleased to finally meet you. What a gorgeous girl you are! And your dress. I love it.â€

Then when they went to leave the garden party "Elizabeth looked at me with a plea in her eyes."

Did Lizzie think she had an ally in Eva ?

Which she does in Eva "Because I want him healed and healthy and whole.â€

Then why in entwined with you has her view of Eva changed. She sees Eva as an enemy

It made me think, Do you then think that Lizzie may have believed Gideon after Hugh died but couldn't do anything now and somehow wanted to forget it ever happened. If she believed hard enough that it didn't happen then she could wish it all way. Making it never happen . But Eva bringing it all back up means that Lizzie has to deal with it .

I so want Gideon to learn to build on his family relationships. Eva's worked him well with Ireland.

This is exactly what I think. 

Elizabeth has lied to herself.  Gideon had to have nightmares as a child but, like Monica, she was to wrapped up in her own issues to figure out how to deal with her son's accusations.  It was easier for her to believe the doctor's lie.  When she saw Eva, Eva recognized the love in Elizabeth's eyes for Gideon.  Elizabeth thought Eva would help her become a part of Gideon's life in the future.  I believe Eva will and Elizabeth will appreciate it in the end but Lizzie needs to admit the truth and apologize to Gideon.