SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying but I still believe that Gideon told Corinne up front that they would never be more than friends.  I think through the two or so weeks that Corinne was his plus 1 he treated her like a friend.  Even when he leaned in and talked to her for the photographer, I think that was a calculated move on his part and the comment was something mundane. I think Corinne liked the picture that was in the paper but she knew it was nothing.  My guess--even when Gideon took her home, he walked her to the door and didn't even go inside using the excuse that he has an early morning (like college) or he arranged with Angus to give him a phone call that he could use as a "need get away" for an emergency excuse to leave.

I think that Corinne tried to convince Gideon he wanted more but she understood the relationship wasn't going to move forward the night at the Kingsman event.  I think she stayed around with Gideon while he was dealing with the fire issues because she knew the hotel.  She thought Gideon would take her to the f**k pad but he didn't.  I think that night drove the point home that Gideon was really only going to be a friend.  

What surprises (angers) me is that Corinne never saw how Gideon was hurting.  Even Eva, as much as she was suffering herself, recognized that Gideon was in pain and asked Corinne to take note when she stopped by her apartment.  Eva told Corinne that Gideon loves her not Corrine but she has the opportunity to be his friend.  Unfortunately Corinne didn't want to be friends she decided to strike back and make Gideon suffer more by attempting suicide and killing her child.  The more I think about the more I hate her. 

He was spending free time with Corrine after Eva dumped him -- doing it for the benefit of the police. Corrine claimed he was spending "all" his free time, and that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But certainly, he was spending some time -- he had to have been. After Detective Graves witnessed the break-up phone call, the danger level rose. We know for certain he saw Corrine the  final Monday of Reflected, and it's safe to say there may have been at least one more time, perhaps either that Friday or Saturday night. A reunited couple would go out on a date at least once on a weekend.

I'm certain they were speaking on the phone every day, too, perhaps sometimes multiple times, even if it was Gideon quickly returning calls. He knew all too well the cops likely would monitor the incoming and outgoing telephone numbers of his cell, home and office phone numbers. That's why, when he got back together with Eva, they used burner phones. He had to be very careful about his own phone numbers -- careful to put up quite a show.

This is exactly what I think. 

Elizabeth has lied to herself.  Gideon had to have nightmares as a child but, like Monica, she was to wrapped up in her own issues to figure out how to deal with her son's accusations.  It was easier for her to believe the doctor's lie.  When she saw Eva, Eva recognized the love in Elizabeth's eyes for Gideon.  Elizabeth thought Eva would help her become a part of Gideon's life in the future.  I believe Eva will and Elizabeth will appreciate it in the end but Lizzie needs to admit the truth and apologize to Gideon. 

I think it will happen in the end-SD says Gid needs these issues to be resolved for him to heal. Allowing for HEA.

That's going to be an extremely intense scene.

Elizabeth has lied to herself.  Gideon had to have nightmares as a child but, like Monica, she was to wrapped up in her own issues to figure out how to deal with her son's accusations.  It was easier for her to believe the doctor's lie.  When she saw Eva, Eva recognized the love in Elizabeth's eyes for Gideon.  Elizabeth thought Eva would help her become a part of Gideon's life in the future.  I believe Eva will and Elizabeth will appreciate it in the end but Lizzie needs to admit the truth and apologize to Gideon.

So agree.

You think they'll have a falling out and Gideon is just going to lay it on her?

This scene would be great from Gideons pov when he tells Lizzy what really happened to him. Why Terry Lucas covered up the abuse, how they alieninated him from the family. That would be a powerful moment.

I agree that Gideon likes to dabble in some BDSM but I question the Corinne collar.  Sylvia seems to use the hand to throat often.

BTY  Corinne "Her hand went to her throat"  Ch 20

RIY

Eva "My hand went to my throat"  Ch 2

Gideon with Eva "he wrapped my throat with his hand" Ch 9

Monica "Her hand went to her throat." Ch 17

Gideon with Eva "His splayed fingertips touched my throat"  Ch 18

It looks like Gideon puts his hand around Eva's throat when they are having sex.  It is possible he did the same thing with Corinne and she was remembering.

I think its a nervous reaction. We may be reading a bit too much into this one:) lol

This scene would be great from Gideons pov when he tells Lizzy what really happened to him. Why Terry Lucas covered up the abuse, how they alieninated him from the family. That would be a powerful moment.

I'm thinking maybe Eva shouldn't be around for this conversation. It might make Lizzy too defensive.

I'm thinking maybe Eva shouldn't be around for this conversation. It might make Lizzy too defensive.

Yeah good point.

Because Eva ripped into her, that night when Eva Cary Monica and Stanton, it did get Lizzy's back up just a tad. But somehow I think Eva will be giving Gideon support.

I get what you're saying but I still believe that Gideon told Corinne up front that they would never be more than friends.  I think through the two or so weeks that Corinne was his plus 1 he treated her like a friend.  Even when he leaned in and talked to her for the photographer, I think that was a calculated move on his part and the comment was something mundane. I think Corinne liked the picture that was in the paper but she knew it was nothing.  My guess--even when Gideon took her home, he walked her to the door and didn't even go inside using the excuse that he has an early morning (like college) or he arranged with Angus to give him a phone call that he could use as a "need get away" for an emergency excuse to leave.

I think that Corinne tried to convince Gideon he wanted more but she understood the relationship wasn't going to move forward the night at the Kingsman event.  I think she stayed around with Gideon while he was dealing with the fire issues because she knew the hotel.  She thought Gideon would take her to the f**k pad but he didn't.  I think that night drove the point home that Gideon was really only going to be a friend.  

What surprises (angers) me is that Corinne never saw how Gideon was hurting.  Even Eva, as much as she was suffering herself, recognized that Gideon was in pain and asked Corinne to take note when she stopped by her apartment.  Eva told Corinne that Gideon loves her not Corrine but she has the opportunity to be his friend.  Unfortunately Corinne didn't want to be friends she decided to strike back and make Gideon suffer more by attempting suicide and killing her child.  The more I think about the more I hate her. 

I agree w/ this 100%

There are some text inconsistencies that somehow made it into print somewhere along the editing process.

Mr. Barker = #1

Mr. Mitchell = #2

Richard Stanton = #3.

Page 99 of of Reflected should say "second" husband.

Page 260 should say "over the course of three marriages"

I caught that too!

I hope Elizabeth comes to Eva's side. She probably just hates that someone else know what happened.

I still am so angry w/ Monica being so oblivious to Eva's abuse. 4 years of it...and Barker wasn't home much b/c of work. So what was she doing? Ugh..

Good afternoon ladies

it's so hot today thay I can't think properly

And those pics..... keep them coming, please!!!!

After watching the video starring Henry's workout want to join the US National Guard up like now!!!

Im sorry I wasn't able to chat yesterday, but my computer didn't agree with the sand ( I was at the seaside)

but I as soon as I got home I managed to post my review of Entwined, my first ever!!

Me too Gabri :)

Doesn't Cary notice she's got a burner phone? She looked at it in the Indian restaurant when they were there with Megumi and Trey. He even looked over the table to see.

It was probably a combo of that burner phone and the fact that the "mystery man" obviously was fantastic in bed that made Cary figure out Eva was seeing Gideon.

I wonder whether Cary yet made the leap to what possible reason could there be for Eva to sneak around with Gideon. It wasn't Gideon "cheating" on Corrine, because Corrine had disappeared from being Celebrity Cross arm candy. The cops, however, had been asking Gideon about Nathan right in front of Cary that night at Eva's apartment.

Cary has probably pieced together the fact that Gideon permanently solved the Nathan problem, though I doubt Cary suspects the truth Gideon did it with his own two hands. He might suspect what Eva herself initially had -- that Gideon (or Stanton) hired a hitman. Eva actually came out and asked Monica whether Stanton had done so.

Matt would make a perfect Cary. Yes!'

Im afraid that after the mega success of superman our favorite Gideon is out of the running....can't imagine he'll do a TV series with 2 or 3 more superman movies to go...ok ladies who is our backup actors,,,although we will always still love Henry best and thanks for all the pics,,,makes my day better,,,hot hot hot

Im afraid that after the mega success of superman our favorite Gideon is out of the running....can't imagine he'll do a TV series with 2 or 3 more superman movies to go...ok ladies who is our backup actors,,,although we will always still love Henry best and thanks for all the pics,,,makes my day better,,,hot hot hot

But Henry is the ultimate prize, we would be settling for second best. :( to quote Eva :(

:laughingsmiley: Wow ladies - you sure know how to theorize. I've been away for two days and come back to find thirty pages of new posts.  Just spent two hours playing catch-up and now my head is spinning :)

Huh.

Could you imagine the hot air if we were in a room together. :)