SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot.

That's one of the best parts of discussing the books in such depth and then bouncing theories off fellow posters. It give us a chance to consider, and then reconsider -- and then reconsider even more -- various theories as we consider different ideas.

Some of the stuff in Entwined (and even as far back as Bared to You) that started out as mentions in passing have actually turned out to be red flags: our first warning of major stuff to come. Like Eva telling Gideon weeks and weeks ago that Corrine calling him every day was "nuts" and "stalking"

Other stuff has turned out to be red herrings, leading us down a certain road and then, boom, major plot twist takes the story elsewhere. We thought we knew what was coming, but then got surprised.

Based on both Bared to You and Reflected in You, though, I've learned that the final chapter needs very careful reading. In the first two books, there were major red flags in the last chapter -- so everything in the last chapter of Entwined needs careful attention.

Well I just re read the last chapter.

Anne Lucas, Deanna Johnson, and the SD trip are going to be a problem. You know my thoughts on Anne Lucas, from this mornings posts, Deanna wants in Gideons boxers, and Brett's in SD, wanting in Eva's panties. These will fill up book 4 on their own. Oh yeah! There's the police too! Phew!

Well I just re read the last chapter.

Anne Lucas, Deanna Johnson, and the SD trip are going to be a problem. You know my thoughts on Anne Lucas, from this mornings posts, Deanna wants in Gideons boxers, and Brett's in SD, wanting in Eva's panties. These will fill up book 4 on their own. Oh yeah! There's the police too! Phew!

OK I'm ready,,,let Sylvia let it rip...

I saw Man of Steel over the weekend.  It was nice seeing Henry C. as Superman....he had an amazing body.  Too bad he kept wearing that suit....looked better after he saved those men on the oil rig.  Overall I thought the movie was too violent.....to much hitting (too intense)

Was thrilled to see Joe M on True Blood naked!!  Still think he can pull off being Gideon (except for the eyes)....they could cover the gray (some think he might be too old....but he does have a smoking body!!)

I still don't see Anne Lucas being a therapist to Elizaabeth.....cause I can't see Gideon "doing" her....he had to recognize her from coming to the house to treat his mother (if she was the therapist...don't think she was)but Hugh was the doctoral candidate and maybe Anne is in the dark about everything.  Terry Lucas keeps good secrets.

I saw Man of Steel over the weekend. It was nice seeing Henry C. as Superman....he had an amazing body. Too bad he kept wearing that suit....looked better after he saved those men on the oil rig. Overall I thought the movie was too violent.....to much hitting (too intense)

Was thrilled to see Joe M on True Blood naked!! Still think he can pull off being Gideon (except for the eyes)....they could cover the gray (some think he might be too old....but he does have a smoking body!!)

I still don't see Anne Lucas being a therapist to Elizaabeth.....cause I can't see Gideon "doing" her....he had to recognize her from coming to the house to treat his mother (if she was the therapist...don't think she was)but Hugh was the doctoral candidate and maybe Anne is in the dark about everything. Terry Lucas keeps good secrets.

Ah! But you see Gideon was only 10/11 when the shrink came to the house. And Lizzy took up nearly all her time, leaving Hugh with the boys. Moving on 15 years at a guess, would Gideon remember what Anne looked like straight off. I reckon he didn't recognise her at first, as his mums shrink. He was h e l l bent on f*cking her because she was Terry's wife. I think she used her maiden name for her practice. But hey, I am eating crow pie if wrong!

I just downloaded the audible version and I bust out laughing everytime the chick does Gideon's voice. They seriously need to get a hot dude do the Gideon parts.

A female voicing Gideon ?!?!  That is seriously wrong on so many levels.  Can't even begin to think how my brain would react to that :)

Ok another thought.

People made comments about Mark being called to see his boss, speculating his sacking etc. maybe nothing but Mark says to Eva , "betcha we didn't get the Adrianna Vineyards account"

Who thinks this could be somehow related to Gideons new La Rose Noir vineyard. Gideon doesn't want Eva working for the opposition?. Or am I way off the track again.

A female voicing Gideon ?!?!  That is seriously wrong on so many levels.  Can't even begin to think how my brain would react to that :)

Actually, it does work in this case, because the entire story is from Eva's point of view. Everything is either what is going on in her head -- or -- actual dialog. Her saying things to other characters. Other characters saying things to her in return.

It's like Eva is repeating to us things that Gideon said to her, which actually she is doing because the story is written in the first-person. So the narrator does a great job of imitating the voices of the other characters. She does a really sex Gideon, a sassy Cary, a breathy bubble-head Monica, a gruff Victor .... you get the idea.

Most audiobooks are narrated by a single performer who does different "voices" and the best ones can do both male and female pretty well. Sometimes if a novel has two different points of view -- such as a his-side, her-side or a younger-older version of a character -- you might see two narrators. More than two is unusual, but not unheard of (pun intended.)

Ah! But you see Gideon was only 10/11 when the shrink came to the house. And Lizzy took up nearly all her time, leaving Hugh with the boys. Moving on 15 years at a guess, would Gideon remember what Anne looked like straight off. I reckon he didn't recognise her at first, as his mums shrink. He was h e l l bent on f*cking her because she was Terry's wife. I think she used her maiden name for her practice. But hey, I am eating crow pie if wrong!

If so leave it to Eva our girl will figure it out!!