SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

In the U.S., most female physicians keep the original name -- first, middle and last -- they were using at the time they received their license to practice medicine, a license that would come from which ever state(s) they became licensed. In fact in some states, rules forbid any doctor (man or woman) to later change his/her name on a medical license. 

They may go by another names socially after getting married or divorced, and they even can change their names on important documents, like passports.  But they almost always keep "Dr. So-and-So" professionally, the name that is on their medical license. Often, too, doctors hang their medical school degrees in a very prominent place in their office in order to advertise which medical school they graduated from. 

Dr. Terry Lucas was 25 when he got married -- he would have still been in medical school. If Dr. Anne Lucas is the same age, or within a couple of years either side, then she too would have still been in school when she married. If this is true, her degree and her license probably are in the name of Lucas.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a number of people specuating on here that Anne Lucas goes by her maiden name in her professional life and that is why Gideon took so long to connect Hugh and Terry, and I totally agree this makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is if Anne does go by her maiden name professionally and she was indeed Lizard's therapist - the whole Vidal family would have known instantly that Hugh and Anne were brother and sister. It seems impossible to me that if Gideon accuses the doctoral candidate of rape, the therapist he was accompanied by must have been aware of those accusations, whether she believed them to be true or not.

Gideon says in EWY that Lucas covers up Hugh's crime to protect his wife, Hugh's sister from the truth about her brother. If she was Lizard's therapist, she would know about it.

Also, I said before that I find it difficult to believe Gideon could forget the face of anyone directly or indirectly responsible for what happened to him. He remembered Dr Terry Lucas - who he met once during that time, surely he would remember the woman who accompanied his tormentor to his house on a weekly basis!!

I think, while Anne was treating Lizzy, Hugh was abusing Gideon by getting him to m*sterbate and giving him hand jobs himself. When Gideon complains, after all he is a "disturbed child" Dr Terry Lucas and another Dr, examine Gideon. They can find no evidence of abuse.

Anne unaware of her brothers grooming convinces Lizzy its all lies because of Gideons problems which she buys. Therapy continues, Hugh ramps up the abuse to actual anal penertration, actual rape. Gideon is a liar, no one believes him when he complains. Terry Lucas didnt actually lie to start with, because there was no physical evidence of rape. But rather than believe Gideon they said he lied. Convincing his mother he is mentally ill.

Terry was covering his wife's reputation as a shrink, and her business. Claims of rape against a child, isn't good for business. I reckon Angus caught Hugh in the act, or Gideon confided in Angus thus stopping him. That's why Gideon is so solid with Angus and vice versa.

I think at some point Gideon shut down due to his abuse. No one believes him, his family have turned against him, basically throwing him to the wolves. He didnt stand a chance. So sad.

I think, while Anne was treating Lizzy, Hugh was abusing Gideon by getting him to m*sterbate and giving him hand jobs himself. When Gideon complains, after all he is a "disturbed child" Dr Terry Lucas and another Dr, examine Gideon. They can find no evidence of abuse.

Anne unaware of her brothers grooming convinces Lizzy its all lies because of Gideons problems which she buys. Therapy continues, Hugh ramps up the abuse to actual anal penertration, actual rape. Gideon is a liar, no one believes him when he complains. Terry Lucas didnt actually lie to start with, because there was no physical evidence of rape. But rather than believe Gideon they said he lied. Convincing his mother he is mentally ill.

Terry was covering his wife's reputation as a shrink, and her business. Claims of rape against a child, isn't good for business. I reckon Angus caught Hugh in the act, or Gideon confided in Angus thus stopping him. That's why Gideon is so solid with Angus and vice versa.

I think at some point Gideon shut down due to his abuse. No one believes him, his family have turned against him, basically throwing him to the wolves. He didnt stand a chance. So sad.

Someone eventually put a stop to the abuse, and I believe too that person was Angus. It's the only thing I can think of that would earn Angus such incredible trust from Gideon.

Hugh never did end up using his education to go into practice himself, it would appear, because when Gideon was rich and powerful enough to threaten Hugh, he warned Hugh that if he (Hugh) went into practice, Gideon would destroy him. So why didn't Hugh go into practice, like his whole family of mental health professionals? Did Terry privately threaten him to abandon plans, fearing the professional blowback to Anne's family if Hugh got caught (and the blowback to Terry himself, a pediatrician whose brother in law was a pedophile is not good for business).

Getting back to Monica's piqué about the money comments at lunch with Eva. There are two lines that stuck out.

"Don't be so quick to dismiss money, Eva . You never know when or why you'll need it"

"And if you're lucky, you'll never have anything happen that will drain you financially."

I think husband number two gambled his money away, getting into trouble financially owing money to the mob. They want payback. Monica has the resources now. Is she still paying off his debts, was Eva at risk not just from Nathan but the mob too. That's why she tracked her. Omg, I can't believe where I'm going with this.

Hi Julie

your guesses are amazing!!! B) What kind of vitamins are you on? I want them too!!!

I thought Stanton was more likely to be connected with the underworld but, yes! it might be Husband #2 as well!!!

As for Mommica's past.... what if she sought shelter in an accomodation facility for unmarried mothers?  There used to be al lot of these nunneries, where these poor girls had to work like slaves to make up for their 'sin'.

Sorry to interrupt the discussion of Anne and Llizzy.  Last night I reread the section where Eva was at Parker's and met up with Graves again and they sparred.  The line that is bothering me is about the bracelet on the Russian.  Why do you think, if indeed the case is supposedly cold, Graves tells Eva to be concerned about that bracelet?  It just is nagging at me.  What am I missing?

And congrats to Henry.  MAN OF STEEL  breaking records to great for him.  God, he is so hot.

I think it is Graves way of reminding Eva that someone knows what happened to Nathan. Because, I think Graves believes Gideon killed Nathan, but just can bot prove it, and that the bracelet was a plant by somebody to take the focus away from Gideon. If this is the case, then there is somebody who knows what happened.

Someone eventually put a stop to the abuse, and I believe too that person was Angus. It's the only thing I can think of that would earn Angus such incredible trust from Gideon.

Hugh never did end up using his education to go into practice himself, it would appear, because when Gideon was rich and powerful enough to threaten Hugh, he warned Hugh that if he (Hugh) went into practice, Gideon would destroy him. So why didn't Hugh go into practice, like his whole family of mental health professionals? Did Terry privately threaten him to abandon plans, fearing the professional blowback to Anne's family if Hugh got caught (and the blowback to Terry himself, a pediatrician whose brother in law was a pedophile is not good for business).

I like the thought that it was Angus to have saved Gideon from the bad man!!  

^^^ THIS

And no good can come of any future contact. All it does is "water the weed" and fuel the crazy.

Besides, Lizzie needs to start getting to know her son's wife. Corrine will never be part of the Vidal clan. Time to get to know Eva, start believing Gideon, and start doing her part to repair the damage she did in the past.

LN,

I do think Lizzie will come around to the right side eventually. She just needs a kick in the a.s.s. And Eva is willing and ready.

Another thought about Elizabeth.  I wonder if Eva is going to share with Gideon her conversation with his mother.  That might have an interesting outcome.

That would be interesting. Perhaps if will force Gideon to deal with his mother once and for all like Eva thought he needed too.

Frankly, I thought Lizzie was flat out delusional with the whole "you won't take my son away from me" bit. Gideon probably hasn't broached the abuse issue in ages, so she thinks it's all in the past, but has she never noticed that he won't come to the house, that he won't hug her back, that he's a block of ice when he talks to her? She's clearly not dealing with reality if she still thinks her son has any affection for her whatsoever....and even more so, if she can't figure out why...

I've heard a number of people specuating on here that Anne Lucas goes by her maiden name in her professional life and that is why Gideon took so long to connect Hugh and Terry, and I totally agree this makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is if Anne does go by her maiden name professionally and she was indeed Lizard's therapist - the whole Vidal family would have known instantly that Hugh and Anne were brother and sister. It seems impossible to me that if Gideon accuses the doctoral candidate of rape, the therapist he was accompanied by must have been aware of those accusations, whether she believed them to be true or not.

Gideon says in EWY that Lucas covers up Hugh's crime to protect his wife, Hugh's sister from the truth about her brother. If she was Lizard's therapist, she would know about it.

Also, I said before that I find it difficult to believe Gideon could forget the face of anyone directly or indirectly responsible for what happened to him. He remembered Dr Terry Lucas - who he met once during that time, surely he would remember the woman who accompanied his tormentor to his house on a weekly basis!!

I saw Man of Steel over the weekend.  It was nice seeing Henry C. as Superman....he had an amazing body.  Too bad he kept wearing that suit....looked better after he saved those men on the oil rig.  Overall I thought the movie was too violent.....to much hitting (too intense)

Was thrilled to see Joe M on True Blood naked!!  Still think he can pull off being Gideon (except for the eyes)....they could cover the gray (some think he might be too old....but he does have a smoking body!!)

I still don't see Anne Lucas being a therapist to Elizaabeth.....cause I can't see Gideon "doing" her....he had to recognize her from coming to the house to treat his mother (if she was the therapist...don't think she was)but Hugh was the doctoral candidate and maybe Anne is in the dark about everything.  Terry Lucas keeps good secrets.

as I have stated before....don't think Anne Lucas had anything to do with Elizabeth Vidal's treatment.  Gideon would have remembered  even if he was only 10/11.. 

we don't know when or how the abuse stopped.  Maybe they sent him off to boarding school and that is when Angus started taking him from and to school.

maybe book 4 will give us some more answers. 

haven't read anything that would connect Anne to Corine and her pills.  like it was said before Gideon would have seen the name on the pill bottle., and possibly Corrine would have said the name of the Dr. when she said she hadn't told her Dr how the pills were affecting her.

I know! When she was voicing Gideon I couldn't handle it.

Are there any versions with a guy doing the voice?

If you're looking for a reading with a male voice, below is a link to a youtube channel where a guy and girl read a lot of romances together. EWY isn't there yet, but RIY is. The readings aren't as professional quality as the official, of course, but they're decent and the guy's got a pretty good male voice...much better than Eva's rendition in the official audio book!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4iJCQdkKuUi6NMQ1xSWUIQ

Ok another thought.

People made comments about Mark being called to see his boss, speculating his sacking etc. maybe nothing but Mark says to Eva , "betcha we didn't get the Adrianna Vineyards account"

Who thinks this could be somehow related to Gideons new La Rose Noir vineyard. Gideon doesn't want Eva working for the opposition?. Or am I way off the track again.

no I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption.

If you're looking for a reading with a male voice, below is a link to a youtube channel where a guy and girl read a lot of romances together. EWY isn't there yet, but RIY is. The readings aren't as professional quality as the official, of course, but they're decent and the guy's got a pretty good male voice...much better than Eva's rendition in the official audio book!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4iJCQdkKuUi6NMQ1xSWUIQ

Oh my I like and free!!!  Thanks!!!!

:)

Also what age is Anne Lucas? I'm rereading bared and at the the first charity dinner after 'that' limo ride a "lovely red head who appeared to be in her forties" approached Eva and told her she was a "fortunate young lady" could this have been our first introduction to Anne? Maybe she was trying to suss out who Eva was to Gideon?

No this was not Anne Lucas Sylvia herself answered that question for us ...

Hi Julie,

That’s where you and I differ. I believe that Dr. Lucas started lying through his teeth from the moment that he discovered the abuse and covered it up.  Why else would a man have such distain for another human being?  Yes we know that Gideon slept with Anne.  There is no dispute or denying that fact.

But for the fact that Dr. Lucas lied (to everyone and anyone) and covered up the abuse; by lying on reports, falsifying documents, failing to notify the police and CPS and by failing to inform the governing and licensing body about Hugh, Gideon and he would have never had any contact with one another.   Surely Dr. Lucas’s gross negligence and criminal behaviour cannot be lost on him.  I really don’t think that he can be that stupid. 

Hi Everyone,

I am going to go out on a limb here and directly state that there is NO WAY that Angus wouldn’t report any abuse that he may have actually witnessed.  If Angus actually walked in on Gideon getting raped and he DIDN’T do anything about it, then Angus goes straight into the SH*T pile!!  Stopping the abuse is not enough! Period!  Angus would have had a moral and legal responsibility to contact the police himself!!!  Telling the parents or not in this instance just simply isn’t enough!  Angus would have witnessed this crime in progress which would have obligated him to contact the authorities.   Period!

I just think; what if that was my child?  Would I want said person to just keep quiet or would I want them to do something about the abuse. Just physically interrupting a rape isn’t enough.  Sorry ladies.  If Angus knew about the abuse and didn’t contact the police or CPS, then his actions aren’t too darned honourable. Yes what he would have done in physically preventing an abuse is good and honourable, but not reporting it to the police or the CPS doesn’t cut it for me.  What would his possible excuse be for dropping such a huge ball?