SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I took a pregnancy test at 4 weeks pregnant at about 4am in the morning and it showed positive straight away (I couldn't sleep for peeing and I thought that could be why I was right!! :) ) so it is possible.

Also whoever said about Ann Lucas and doing a test on corrine it is possible she could have determined how far along she was. In Britain we have clear blue tests that displays how far along you are, only up until 6/7 weeks but it could be a part of the story!

I dont know too many psychiatrists that get pregnancy tests on patients...they tell you to go to your ob/gyn...certainly we have different psychiatric meds we use in pregnancy that's why its important for pts on meds to know early on if they are pregnant...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the urine pregnancy tests are very accurate;;;you don't need much pregnancy hormone to have it be positive,,,but it doesnt tell you how far along you are or if the pregnancy is working out or not

for that we usually first do blood numbers (called Beta hCG) and if there is a question that its too low or not rising appropriately we get a sonogram which is the most accurate in terms of dating and/or if its working out (you can still have a positive urine pregnancy test and have the pregnancy not working out)

so getting back to our corrine question, if she was 5-6 weeks pregnant there in France a urine pregnancy test would be positive immediately then and there...time for her to head into the trap Gideon plan...

was that the ob/gyn question of the day?

That was the ob/gyn question of the day, thanks!

I'm trying to build a case for Corrine's unplanned pregnancy being the thing that made her suddenly desperate to get Gideon back, so desperate she practically decided in the middle of the night to get to New York ASAP. So a blood test would be needed in order to determine how far along she was, but the home test would be accurate that she was "in the family way."

How did she end up pregnant anyway if she and Jean-Francois were getting a divorce? My theory is: A last ditch effort on his part to try to stop the divorce from moving forward turned into Corrine gaving him a mercy f***

Maybe by doing the math of when was the last time she had sex with JFG coupled with having just missed her second menstrual period in a row might have made her count on her fingers and figure out she was in her second month?

That was the ob/gyn question of the day, thanks!

I'm trying to build a case for Corrine's unplanned pregnancy being the thing that made her suddenly desperate to get Gideon back, so desperate she practically decided in the middle of the night to get to New York ASAP. So a blood test would be needed in order to determine how far along she was, but the home test would be accurate that she was "in the family way."

How did she end up pregnant anyway if she and Jean-Francois were getting a divorce? My theory is: A last ditch effort on his part to try to stop the divorce from moving forward turned into Corrine gaving him a mercy f***

Maybe by doing the math of when was the last time she had sex with JFG coupled with having just missed her second menstrual period in a row might have made her count on her fingers and figure out she was in her second month?

You know as I was first reading Entwined it never entered my mind that that's why Corrine booked it to NYC very fast...I think this is a very good theory...but clearly she needed to get Gideon in the sack very very fast...

truth be told I think with our accurate dating by ultrasound she couldnt have pulled it for long...I have a wheel that dates day of conception pretty accurately,,,she'd still be 5-6 weeks off,,,

and I agree I think it was a last ditch at saving the marriage, likely provoked by JFG rather than Corrine...

Question #3: are you a natural brunette? 

(Though I suppose a check of the "carpeting" might uncover the blondes and redheads willing to dye their hair dark and wear it long because that's believed to be Gideon's real preference - HAH!)

There again WHO asks this question to someone they have just met-your son's girlfriend no less...Lizzie needs a reservation at the same padded cell hotel!!

Question, resident ob/gyn expert golfergirl: If Corrine took a home pregnancy test at around 3 a.m., would that be too early in the morning to get an accurate result? Would around 5-6 weeks be too early to get a positive result, period.

The night Corrine called Gideon "in crisis" to suddenly announce she was moving back to New York, and had even booked a flight -- would Gideon be on hand at when she arrived to help her settle in ....

• She called him from France on a Saturday night, catching him while he was at the advocacy center fundraiser/first date with Eva.
  • Gideon definitely picked up Eva at 7 p.m. -- earlier in the day, he told her to be ready at that time.
  • I'm guessing the dinner itself started at 8 p.m. Gideon gave the dinner speech.
  • I'm guessing Corrine's call came in around 9 p.m.
  • Based on the fact Corrine was in her fourth month at the end of Entwined, I'm making a conservative guess of 5-6 weeks when she called Gideon -- right on schedule for having missed a second period in a row.
  • 9 p.m. New York time is 3 a.m. in France.

Something made Corrine suddenly start chasing Gideon in person, and that was not Eva -- Corrine didn't even know about Eva's existence when she booked her flight and called Gideon. It wasn't until after Gideon bailed out on Eva and left so that he could talk to Corrine at length did Corrine find out about Eva.

Home pregnancy test positive result = get on the next plane to New York in order to get Gideon into bed ASAP so that she can pass off the baby as his long enough to ensure he would marry her the instant her already-filed divorce became final?

Good evening LN :)

Some of Corinne's marbles must have gone missing at that time. Could she possibly think she would be able to pass off the baby as Gideon's? She was already 4 months pregnant.... She would give birth a fully formed new-born baby (9-month old) who is supposedly only 5-month old..... I'm not much of an expert in the new-born-babies department, but I've seen my share and wouldn't buy it, not for love or money!!!

Some of Corinne's marbles must have gone missing at that time. Could she possibly think she would be able to pass off the baby as Gideon's? She was already 4 months pregnant.... She would give birth a fully formed new-born baby (9-month old) who is supposedly only 5-month old..... I'm not much of an expert in the new-born-babies department, but I've seen my share and wouldn't buy it, not for love or money!!!

When you are pregnant, and after you have a baby, you get something called baby brain. Lol :D

It turns to mush!!!

Seems like she got it early on!!! :D

This is one dark and very dangerous path(for Eva ) that we are treading here.

Anne, thinking the baby's Gideons and planning its destruction for want of a better word, is one wack job. She is a psychopath.

What I want to know is, did she sleep with Gideon because of who he is, then falling in love with him, because her marriage was in trouble. Which resulted in Gideon then sending her back to Terry, Gideon getting revenge on Terry for alienating his family from him.

Shes h e l l bent on on revenge, for herself, her brother(does she know what her brother was, Terry did),and her nephew(Gideon knew what it's like to lose a parent).

Like Gideon kept secrets from Eva to protect her, did Terry do the same to Anne?

She needs a padded cell.

From what I read, I don't think Terry told Anne because he was trying to protect her from embarrassment.  I think that is why Gideon took her to the F-pad in the first place.  He didn't want to tell her what Hugh did but he wanted to make Terry pay.  Terry, however,  knew it was a revenge f**k.  Then Gideon decided to drive the point home some more by continuing with their rendezvous until Anne was hooked on him.  I think Terry kept the secret from Anne even after Gideon sent her home so she wouldn't know the reason Gideon took her in the first place.   

Changing the subject completely.

I was wondering if Gideon would pay back the investors who were robbed by his father. We know there's a Crossroads Foundation that he(Gideon)has set up. It might go some way to help clear the Cross name.

It was just that Ireland happen to mention her boyfriends grandparents losing money to Geoffrey Cross. Eva told her to tell them about it.

I was reading the Madoff story. What a staggering amount of money he stole from investors.

There again WHO asks this question to someone they have just met-your son's girlfriend no less...Lizzie needs a reservation at the same padded cell hotel!!

Hi sscrph

I believe Lizardy asked that of Eva out of a knee-jerk reaction to the latest of Gideon's social dates. And Ireland followed suit.

When you are pregnant, and after you have a baby, you get something called baby brain. Lol :D

It turns to mush!!!

Seems like she got it early on!!! :D

If that's the way baby brain works.... I'm much better off as a spinster!!!!!!!! lol

Changing the subject completely.

I was wondering if Gideon would pay back the investors who were robbed by his father. We know there's a Crossroads Foundation that he(Gideon)has set up. It would go some way to help clear his fathers name.

It was just that Ireland happen to mention her boyfriends grandparents losing money to Geoffrey Cross. Eva told her to tell them about it.

I was reading the Madoff story. What a staggering amount of money he stole from investors.

And he's rightly serving his time.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of some Italian swindlers... but that's another story.

All Corrine's crazy plot would need to accomplish is to fool Gideon that he had gotten her pregnant. He needed to believe that only a little while, only long enough for Corrine to get him to marry her as soon as he possibly could (i.e. somehow turn her already-in-progress divorce into a quickie divorce and then immediately marry her when it went through.)

Once she was Mrs. Gideon Cross, the truth coming out about the paternity wouldn't matter. Gideon wouldn't throw her out and make her raise the child as a single mother. He'd stay with her and become the baby's stepfather.

Again, I'm not saying it would ever actually work. This is purely desperate and crazy Corrine cooking up the dirtiest trick a woman can play on a man -- she was trying to guarantee Gideon would marry her as soon as it was possible. Because patiently waiting for years for things to change had not worked in the past. Desperate measures call for desperate means.

All Corrine's crazy plot would need to accomplish is to fool Gideon that he had gotten her pregnant. He needed to believe that only a little while, only long enough for Corrine to get him to marry her as soon as he possibly could (i.e. somehow turn her already-in-progress divorce into a quickie divorce and then immediately marry her when it went through.)

Once she was Mrs. Gideon Cross, the truth coming out about the paternity wouldn't matter. Gideon wouldn't throw her out and make her raise the child as a single mother. He'd stay with her and become the baby's stepfather.

Again, I'm not saying it would ever actually work. This is purely desperate and crazy Corrine cooking up the dirtiest trick a woman can play on a man -- she was trying to guarantee Gideon would marry her as soon as it was possible. Because patiently waiting for years for things to change had not worked in the past. Desperate measures call for desperate means.

Desperate+Obsessed = CRAZY

Don't forget - Magdalene was at the party too. I wonder whether Lizzie was hoping that Gideon and Maggie would marry, and so Lizzie and her BFF (Maggie's mother) would become family via the marriage tie.

Perhaps Lizzie was trying to figure out whether Eva actually wasn't a girlfriend -- she actually was just another one of Gideon's sex partners who Gideon already chucked on the reject pile but who couldn't take "no" for an answer and had started chasing him socially. Like Anne Lucas, another non-brunette.

And he's rightly serving his time.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of some Italian swindlers... but that's another story.

I wonder who you might be talking about Gabri? Lol

Mr Silvo Berlusconi springs to mind?

It's not what you know, but who you know!

Desperate+Obsessed = CRAZY

Something made Corrine decide to get to New York and Gideon as soon as possible, and that something wasn't Eva. Indeed, when Corrine found out about Eva, Corrine chickened out on going back to New York. It took her about a week to work up the courage to go for it anyway, and to arrive fighting dirty, starting with ambushing Gideon in front of a high society crowd.

So if it wasn't Eva that started the chain reaction ... and Corrine was in her second month of pregnancy at the time ... the pregnancy could have been why Corrine was so desperate so suddenly.

I wish Sylvia would tell us as a spoiler-question answer whether or not Corrine knew she was pregnant when she started stalking Gideon in person by suddenly moving to New York. I hope we don't have to wait for Book Four -- but I fear we might.

I wonder who you might be talking about Gabri? Lol

Mr Silvo Berlusconi springs to mind?

It's not what you know, but who you know!

I'm afraid to say, he's just one in a pretty long row, regardless of wings and parties,

And sometimes not even who you know is enough!!!!

Something made Corrine decide to get to New York and Gideon as soon as possible, and that something wasn't Eva. Indeed, when Corrine found out about Eva, Corrine chickened out on going back to New York. It took her about a week to work up the courage to go for it anyway, and to arrive fighting dirty, starting with ambushing Gideon in front of a high society crowd.

So if it wasn't Eva that started the chain reaction ... and Corrine was in her second month of pregnancy at the time ... the pregnancy could have been why Corrine was so desperate so suddenly.

I wish Sylvia would tell us as a spoiler-question answer whether or not Corrine knew she was pregnant when she started stalking Gideon in person by suddenly moving to New York. I hope we don't have to wait for Book Four -- but I fear we might.

If Gideon finds out Corinnes true motive for coming back to New York, as we suspect. He will sever all ties with her. He has no option. Eva will figure it out. Shes halfway there already. Desperate doesn't even cover her behaviour.

hi Gabri

Ours aren't much better.

Thieves and rogues the lot of them.

Huh! We know a good detective. :)

Oh yeah!!!! :)

Good night Ladies

here's someone worth having sweet dreams about!!!

hcavill_superman__gl_31oct11_big_b.jpg

He's a little pi***d off ...

how many ways do we know to put him in the right mood? :blush:

Ciao!

Hope his link works. This is someone from True Blood (I don't watch the show so I'm not familiar with him) but when I saw him in this article I immediately thought of Corrine's husband!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2343358/True-Blood-star-Joe-Manganiello-makes-splash-reveals-pack.html#socialLinks

this is the man that I want as Gideon.....too bad he doesn't have the eyes, but he certainly has the body and the smoldering look