SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree!! One note though, Corrine broke the engagement, not the other way around. She did it as an ultimatum, hoping it would finally make Gideon fight for their relationship (because all along, he hadn't been). It backfired, though -- he was secretly relieved she called off the engagement, and he let her walk.

She walked right to Jean-Francois, however -- someone Gideon knew too back then and thought was a nice guy. So Corrine didn't pull a kah-ray-zee back seven years ago (which is when the relationship with Gideon ended with a broken engagement). She obviously married JFG on the rebound.

But spent years since then still holding the Gideon torch. Her marriage started to fall apart over it. But something made her desperate, and that something was NOT Eva. Corrine hadn't even known about Eva's existence yet when she dramatically decided to move back to New York. She booked a flight and then called Gideon on a Saturday night (New York time, which actually meant pre-dawn hours in France) "in crisis" to ask him to be on hand when she arrived in New York, because she needed his help to settle in.

I think the "crisis" was finding out about her unplanned pregnancy -- she decided to scramble in order to use the pregnancy to trap Gideon, figuring a baby was her best desperate shot at getting him to promise to marry her the instant her divorce became final.

Yup ! I think you're spot on.

I would have liked to have seen Eva follow through on that temptation to grab Corrine by the hair in the lobby of the Crossfire, though. She actually took a step toward doing it when Corrine tried to kiss Gideon. No Krav Maga, but that waist-length hair of Corrine's would have made for a great hair-pulling cat fight. ;)

I would have loved to see that too. Eva kick her annoying self absorbed a.s.s.

I wish we would had some of the interaction between Gideon & Corrine from 1st Monday night dinner until he finally told her he just wanted to be friends - but not social friends.  Also their conversation after Eva came to her apt. 

Of course then what would be talk about  LOL    :)

I dont know too many psychiatrists that get pregnancy tests on patients...they tell you to go to your ob/gyn...certainly we have different psychiatric meds we use in pregnancy that's why its important for pts on meds to know early on if they are pregnant...

Hi Golfergirl, 

I had a quick question please.  Would Corinne taking psychiatric meds be responsible for her miscarriage or would the intervention treatment (administered by the emergency department) be responsible for Corinne's miscarriage?  Your help with this question is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

GiGi

Thanks for this,  Graves just is so manipulative to me.  Being at Parker's.  Sparring with Eva.  I keep thinking that her motivation is to get Gideon as a means to further her career and I don't believe one single word she says.  To me, Deanna and Graves are the two most dangerous people to Gideon's freedom.  Both women have agendas.  Perhaps Sylvia is making a point here that Gideon had a reputation as a man who used women and the most dangerous to his life are women.  Not sure, but those 2 make me very nervous.

Hi GLH, 

After reading the books I have learned one thing for sure:  Nothing is for sure!  The only person who know's is Sylvia and thus far, her lips are sealed! :)

I personally don't have a huge conspiracy theory about Detective Graves other than to say, that this woman most likely wants to advance her career (as many people do) and will do anything to do that (as some people do).  Now to what lengths this woman is willing to go to, I don't know.  Her bahaviour thus far has been suspect to me.  All of the "accidental" run-ins and such are all crap.  She definately has an agenda and it isn't just about solving a murder...

Now as for Deanna, I think that it is just a matter of sour grapes for her.  She threw herself at Gideon and got burned because he lost interest in having s** with her while he was with her.  It must have been a huge blow to her ego.  What Gideon did was so hugely wrong!

But in her for revenge, I think that Deanna may have unwittingly screwed herself.  If the book tells us anything about Gideon it is that he is a shrewd and meticulous negotiator!  I think that in "getting" an exclusive from Gideon, Deanna would have had to sign her life and her potential first born away.  Now the question remains; Will Deanna honour the terms of "said" contract in order to get an exclusive on Gideon and Eva's wedding.  I am not going to even guess about that one. Thanks for the chat.  :)

I think Corinne is an manipulative b.  I'm not sure she really had serious mental health issues until she was treated incorrectly for her depression.  When she first appeared she could see Gideon was happy.  It only makes sense that she would see a change in him once he cut Eva off.  Even if she was pre-occupied she had to notice.  Maybe she chose to ignore what she saw but she was aware nonetheless.

Hi Sharonm745, 

You have definately given me something to think about.  I really hope we get our Corinne answers sooner rather than later.  Thanks for the chat.  :)

I mentioned this in once before.  I think Christopher was to young to realize what was happening and/or Hugh threaten his to keep quiet or he would be next.  It must be hard for Christopher to live with what he witnessed and now that he is older and understands what is happening it is hard to live with.  I think we will find out more about Christopher in book 4 because I think he knows more than he is saying about the Eva video. 

Hi Sharonm745, 

Your theory is plausible.  I think that there is too litle information to decide one way or another (for me anyway).    What I struggle with is the whole "Hugh" thing.  Who had contact with Hugh?  Did anyone actually see Hugh raping Gideon and if they did, then why on earth wouldn't they have called the police?! 

From what little was written about Hugh; after Gideon's abuse finished, Hugh went on his happy way and had at least another DECADE to continue to rape and molest other unsuspecting children/victims.  That scenario is beyond horrifying to me!   If someone saw Hugh raping Gideon, why wouldn't they seek outside help?  Wouldn't Hugh be a danger to society?

The whole concept of "misguided attempts to help" hit quite close to home.  I have attended private schools all of my life.  What I didn't know about my grade school experience (for a long time) was that the school I attended had a pedophile teaching us.  Unbeknownst to me, said pedophile had a preference for boys and would find ways to gain access to as many kids as he could in either small groups or isolated incidences. 

We students were often invited to go on exclusive ski trips with said teacher and from a kid's perspective at that time (which I was and did attend several of those ski trips), we all had a fun time.  What I didn't realize at the time was that this "teacher" was in the process of trying to select his victims.  He was starting to  "test the waters".  He would have "wrestling" matches with the boys in front of everyone and his hand would "accidently" slip down to where he would "cop a feel" of private parts.  He would of course appologize  in front of everyone and many wouldn't have given it a second thought, but what this person was doing was trying to assess how far he could get with the male child and that if that child would make a compliant victim.

I never gave what happened a second thought as a twelve year old girl, but as a woman of fourty-two, I would have to ask what business did this person have to wrestle with an eleven year old boy?  What business did this person have to take children to his home by himself?   Many parents and my parents included, didn't think about us going skiing because there were 5 or 6 of us girls going together (in addition to all of the boys) and all of the parents knew one another.  Everyone felt that this was a safe situation.

I ran into an old teacher and fellow alumna a while back, and she had told me about my old teacher being a pedophile.  When I asked her what was done about the teacher, she said that the teacher had been transferred from one school to ours (and subsequently to several other schools), but he was never fired.  She said that some of the teachers rallied around after-school events and many tried to make sure that they were present when this "teacher" offered to stay and coach sporting events. Asides from that, not much else was done.

I also spoke to an old friend and classmate and she confirmed that her brother was one of the few lucky ones.  Her brother had a "wrestling" match with this teacher and the teacher touched his private parts.  My brother's friend got up and left immediately.  The next day, he quit every sport that teacher was supervising.  He told his mother and his mother complained but nothing was ever done. 

The thing is, NONE of the teachers ever called the police. From all of the schools that this person taught at, no one called the police. No one alerted Children's Aid either. No one had the courage.  Why?  Parents  and teachers would complain individually  to the school principal directly and to the school board and yet still nothing was done.  No one ever thought to call the police or the Children's Aid Society either.  Why?  They felt that by complaining to the school board and to the principal, they had done enough.  How wrong they were.

Some people (parents/teachers) used the excuse that if they called the police that they would be ex-communicated from the church and others (parents) were just glad that their kids came out relatively unscathed, but what about the kids who were seriously damaged because of those experiences?  Who looked out for them?   

No one stopped to consider the kids that were being abused or the children that this "pedophile" would gain access to in the future (future victims).  Thirty something years later, this "teacher" still works at the Board of Education (doing administrative work) and still hasn't been fired or criminally prosecuted.  This person has destroyed dozens and dozens and dozens ( I could go on for thirty years) of lives.  If that isn't scre***d up then I don't know what is. 

I have shared a part of my background with you ladies in the hopes that someone ( who might be reading this) might take something from my experiences.  It isn't enough to simply remove a child from an abusive situation.  Someone has to open their mouths, pluck up the courage and call the police or Contact The Children's Aid or CPS in the US.  Someone has to remember the 30 years worth of kids who were abused and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I would only ask the ladies who have children how they would feel if they unknowingly sent their children into a school environment, where there was a pedophile working and that none of the parents or the teachers had contacted the police or CPS/Children's Aid.  Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

GiGi

Oh Im new to the audiobooks so i havent started listening to it but Im afraid to get to the part when she reads as Gideon.

. Hi I have listened to the audio and I can say that Gideon voice is sexy the lady who read the book done a fab job I have all three books in audio by the same lady

Hi Sharonm745, 

Your theory is plausible.  I think that there is too litle information to decide one way or another (for me anyway).    What I struggle with is the whole "Hugh" thing.  Who had contact with Hugh?  Did anyone actually see Hugh raping Gideon and if they did, then why on earth wouldn't they have called the police?! 

From what little was written about Hugh; after Gideon's abuse finished, Hugh went on his happy way and had at least another DECADE to continue to rape and molest other unsuspecting children/victims.  That scenario is beyond horrifying to me!   If someone saw Hugh raping Gideon, why wouldn't they seek outside help?  Wouldn't Hugh be a danger to society?

The whole concept of "misguided attempts to help" hit quite close to home.  I have attended private schools all of my life.  What I didn't know about my grade school experience (for a long time) was that the school I attended had a pedophile teaching us.  Unbeknownst to me, said pedophile had a preference for boys and would find ways to gain access to as many kids as he could in either small groups or isolated incidences. 

We students were often invited to go on exclusive ski trips with said teacher and from a kid's perspective at that time (which I was and did attend several of those ski trips), we all had a fun time.  What I didn't realize at the time was that this "teacher" was in the process of trying to select his victims.  He was starting to  "test the waters".  He would have "wrestling" matches with the boys in front of everyone and his hand would "accidently" slip down to where he would "cop a feel" of private parts.  He would of course appologize  in front of everyone and many wouldn't have given it a second thought, but what this person was doing was trying to assess how far he could get with the male child and that if that child would make a compliant victim.

I never gave what happened a second thought as a twelve year old girl, but as a woman of fourty-two, I would have to ask what business did this person have to wrestle with an eleven year old boy?  What business did this person have to take children to his home by himself?   Many parents and my parents included, didn't think about us going skiing because there were 5 or 6 of us girls going together (in addition to all of the boys) and all of the parents knew one another.  Everyone felt that this was a safe situation.

I ran into an old teacher and fellow alumna a while back, and she had told me about my old teacher being a pedophile.  When I asked her what was done about the teacher, she said that the teacher had been transferred from one school to ours (and subsequently to several other schools), but he was never fired.  She said that some of the teachers rallied around after-school events and many tried to make sure that they were present when this "teacher" offered to stay and coach sporting events. Asides from that, not much else was done.

I also spoke to an old friend and classmate and she confirmed that her brother was one of the few lucky ones.  Her brother had a "wrestling" match with this teacher and the teacher touched his private parts.  My brother's friend got up and left immediately.  The next day, he quit every sport that teacher was supervising.  He told his mother and his mother complained but nothing was ever done. 

The thing is, NONE of the teachers ever called the police. From all of the schools that this person taught at, no one called the police. No one alerted Children's Aid either. No one had the courage.  Why?  Parents  and teachers would complain individually  to the school principal directly and to the school board and yet still nothing was done.  No one ever thought to call the police or the Children's Aid Society either.  Why?  They felt that by complaining to the school board and to the principal, they had done enough.  How wrong they were.

Some people (parents/teachers) used the excuse that if they called the police that they would be ex-communicated from the church and others (parents) were just glad that their kids came out relatively unscathed, but what about the kids who were seriously damaged because of those experiences?  Who looked out for them?   

No one stopped to consider the kids that were being abused or the children that this "pedophile" would gain access to in the future (future victims).  Thirty something years later, this "teacher" still works at the Board of Education (doing administrative work) and still hasn't been fired or criminally prosecuted.  This person has destroyed dozens and dozens and dozens ( I could go on for thirty years) of lives.  If that isn't scre***d up then I don't know what is. 

I have shared a part of my background with you ladies in the hopes that someone ( who might be reading this) might take something from my experiences.  It isn't enough to simply remove a child from an abusive situation.  Someone has to open their mouths, pluck up the courage and call the police or Contact The Children's Aid or CPS in the US.  Someone has to remember the 30 years worth of kids who were abused and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I would only ask the ladies who have children how they would feel if they unknowingly sent their children into a school environment, where there was a pedophile working and that none of the parents or the teachers had contacted the police or CPS/Children's Aid.  Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

GiGi

Hi GiGi

thank you for sharing those painful memories. My eyes have got all shiny and my contacts are swimming around in their little lifesavers!!!!

Heaven would know no harsher fury than an aunt (that's me!) knowing something like that going on. I can't really fathom the lengths I'd go to see everyone involved publicly exposed.... and when I say everyone I mean even those who suspected something but didn't have enquire further.

I wonder when we will ever get rid of such a threat to our children.

In some of his pictures he looks a lot older-not too bad here. It was printed somewhere that he's a model and may not have any acting skills. I've seen him in an underwear ad and he could be Gideon in that dept.  ;P darn smileys not working today.

I know what you mean Azmich, but SD has said he is too old for the role as well, but those Underwear add's are very good :D