SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Question #3: are you a natural brunette? 

(Though I suppose a check of the "carpeting" might uncover the blondes and redheads willing to dye their hair dark and wear it long because that's believed to be Gideon's real preference - HAH!)

The "carpeting" cracks me up!!!!!!! :D

LMAO.

What's the answer to those that have gone back to the floorboards? ;)

Hi Julie

what about "you'll never know what you're missing"? lol

You guys are cracking me up here while I read this at work, thanks for putting a huge smile on my face :D LOL

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies can someone please help me to learn how to add a photo in one of my posts? Thank you!

Hi

You need to go to the picture you wish to post and click on the picture

right click on your mouse or laptop

click on copy

put your cursor into the Reply to this Topic box on this site

right click on your mouse or laptop again

click on paste 

it should then paste into this box, hope this helps

Hi Golfergirl, 

I had a quick question please.  Would Corinne taking psychiatric meds be responsible for her miscarriage or would the intervention treatment (administered by the emergency department) be responsible for Corinne's miscarriage?  Your help with this question is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

GiGi

Appropriately dosed psychiatric meds are fine throughout pregnancy,,there are certainly some that we don't give during pregnancy, and usually women who are on those and then find out early that they are pregnant are fine, we switch them over and there is no sequelae,,,however, OD'ing on meds (who knows what she took) to make you unconscious doesn't sound like regular anti-depression meds and if it was enough to make her unconscious with low blood pressure then yes the lack of oxygen perfusion to the placenta and fetus can cause a miscarriage...my take is that she purposely tried to kill herself and the baby (ive always thought she knew she was pregnant) once JFG told her Gideon was engaged and her ply wouldnt work...

OK ob gyn physiology lecture of the day...gotta go see patients anyway, bye

Hi Sharonm745, 

Your theory is plausible.  I think that there is too litle information to decide one way or another (for me anyway).    What I struggle with is the whole "Hugh" thing.  Who had contact with Hugh?  Did anyone actually see Hugh raping Gideon and if they did, then why on earth wouldn't they have called the police?! 

From what little was written about Hugh; after Gideon's abuse finished, Hugh went on his happy way and had at least another DECADE to continue to rape and molest other unsuspecting children/victims.  That scenario is beyond horrifying to me!   If someone saw Hugh raping Gideon, why wouldn't they seek outside help?  Wouldn't Hugh be a danger to society?

The whole concept of "misguided attempts to help" hit quite close to home.  I have attended private schools all of my life.  What I didn't know about my grade school experience (for a long time) was that the school I attended had a pedophile teaching us.  Unbeknownst to me, said pedophile had a preference for boys and would find ways to gain access to as many kids as he could in either small groups or isolated incidences. 

We students were often invited to go on exclusive ski trips with said teacher and from a kid's perspective at that time (which I was and did attend several of those ski trips), we all had a fun time.  What I didn't realize at the time was that this "teacher" was in the process of trying to select his victims.  He was starting to  "test the waters".  He would have "wrestling" matches with the boys in front of everyone and his hand would "accidently" slip down to where he would "cop a feel" of private parts.  He would of course appologize  in front of everyone and many wouldn't have given it a second thought, but what this person was doing was trying to assess how far he could get with the male child and that if that child would make a compliant victim.

I never gave what happened a second thought as a twelve year old girl, but as a woman of fourty-two, I would have to ask what business did this person have to wrestle with an eleven year old boy?  What business did this person have to take children to his home by himself?   Many parents and my parents included, didn't think about us going skiing because there were 5 or 6 of us girls going together (in addition to all of the boys) and all of the parents knew one another.  Everyone felt that this was a safe situation.

I ran into an old teacher and fellow alumna a while back, and she had told me about my old teacher being a pedophile.  When I asked her what was done about the teacher, she said that the teacher had been transferred from one school to ours (and subsequently to several other schools), but he was never fired.  She said that some of the teachers rallied around after-school events and many tried to make sure that they were present when this "teacher" offered to stay and coach sporting events. Asides from that, not much else was done.

I also spoke to an old friend and classmate and she confirmed that her brother was one of the few lucky ones.  Her brother had a "wrestling" match with this teacher and the teacher touched his private parts.  My brother's friend got up and left immediately.  The next day, he quit every sport that teacher was supervising.  He told his mother and his mother complained but nothing was ever done. 

The thing is, NONE of the teachers ever called the police. From all of the schools that this person taught at, no one called the police. No one alerted Children's Aid either. No one had the courage.  Why?  Parents  and teachers would complain individually  to the school principal directly and to the school board and yet still nothing was done.  No one ever thought to call the police or the Children's Aid Society either.  Why?  They felt that by complaining to the school board and to the principal, they had done enough.  How wrong they were.

Some people (parents/teachers) used the excuse that if they called the police that they would be ex-communicated from the church and others (parents) were just glad that their kids came out relatively unscathed, but what about the kids who were seriously damaged because of those experiences?  Who looked out for them?   

No one stopped to consider the kids that were being abused or the children that this "pedophile" would gain access to in the future (future victims).  Thirty something years later, this "teacher" still works at the Board of Education (doing administrative work) and still hasn't been fired or criminally prosecuted.  This person has destroyed dozens and dozens and dozens ( I could go on for thirty years) of lives.  If that isn't scre***d up then I don't know what is. 

I have shared a part of my background with you ladies in the hopes that someone ( who might be reading this) might take something from my experiences.  It isn't enough to simply remove a child from an abusive situation.  Someone has to open their mouths, pluck up the courage and call the police or Contact The Children's Aid or CPS in the US.  Someone has to remember the 30 years worth of kids who were abused and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I would only ask the ladies who have children how they would feel if they unknowingly sent their children into a school environment, where there was a pedophile working and that none of the parents or the teachers had contacted the police or CPS/Children's Aid.  Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

GiGi

GiGi, 

It makes me angry when I read about this.  I went to private school too and heard about some abuse.  The problem was the church didn't understand that once a pedophile always a pedophile.  For some reason they thought confessing your sin and promising not to do it again was enough.  The parishioners held priests, nuns, etc in such high regard that it was unthinkable to believe they would do anything so horrific.  Today most people are more enlightened and will expose the person quickly and prosecute.  A cover up is out of the question.  I remember my mother telling me one time "a priest wouldn't lie" so no one believed the students.  It is sad how many people's lives were damaged when it should have been stopped immediately. 

I hope that this has not come up previously, but if it has I am apologizing in advance.  I am currently on vacation and there are way too many pages that I have missed.  I read on one of the recent pages about Gideon giving the wedding pictures to Deanna in trade for the video info that was made of Eva and Brett.  My assumption was thatt Gideon meant the wedding pictures from the public wedding that is coming in the near future, NOT the private wedding that they had already.  Was my assumption incorrect, because it seems like people are thinking the pictures Gideon was talking about was the private wedding and that would seem odd since that was a secret.  Which did you think he was talking about?

I hope that this has not come up previously, but if it has I am apologizing in advance. I am currently on vacation and there are way too many pages that I have missed. I read on one of the recent pages about Gideon giving the wedding pictures to Deanna in trade for the video info that was made of Eva and Brett. My assumption was thatt Gideon meant the wedding pictures from the public wedding that is coming in the near future, NOT the private wedding that they had already. Was my assumption incorrect, because it seems like people are thinking the pictures Gideon was talking about was the private wedding and that would seem odd since that was a secret. Which did you think he was talking about?

Gideon is desperate to diffuse the sextapegate situation, that Deanna knows about. So she won't print the story, he is giving her the rights to their wedding. But also we have Brett in SD thrown into the mix, with Eva and Cary taking a trip there. Gideon releasing the photos will send a message to the world Eva and him are off the market because we are married. Sorted!

The private photos are the ones they have at the moment, which I hope he doesn't release. They are PRIVATE GIDEON! By all means release the public ones.

I hope that this has not come up previously, but if it has I am apologizing in advance.  I am currently on vacation and there are way too many pages that I have missed.  I read on one of the recent pages about Gideon giving the wedding pictures to Deanna in trade for the video info that was made of Eva and Brett.  My assumption was thatt Gideon meant the wedding pictures from the public wedding that is coming in the near future, NOT the private wedding that they had already.  Was my assumption incorrect, because it seems like people are thinking the pictures Gideon was talking about was the private wedding and that would seem odd since that was a secret.  Which did you think he was talking about?

Gideon has promised wedding pictures in return for Deanna not running a story about the existence of the sex tape. Deanna knows it exists, but she's not the one who actually possesses it. That creepy Sam guy is the one who shot Eva and Brett using hidden cameras and has edited his own version of Golden, an X-rated version of the music video.

I think he's offering one or two pictures of the secret wedding. No way is Deanna going to sit on the explosive story for months and months. I think in the final chapter of Entwined, Gideon was making arrangements with Deanna to release the photo at a set time (probably overnight.)

Gideon has promised wedding pictures in return for Deanna not running a story about the existence of the sex tape. Deanna knows it exists, but she's not the one who actually possesses it. That creepy Sam guy is the one who shot Eva and Brett using hidden cameras and has edited his own version of Golden, an X-rated version of the music video.

I think he's offering one or two pictures of the secret wedding. No way is Deanna going to sit on the explosive story for months and months. I think in the final chapter of Entwined, Gideon was making arrangements with Deanna to release the photo at a set time (probably overnight.)

I am thinking along your lines too!!  :)

As far as we know Eva and Cary are flying commercial they will probably be accosted at the airport!!

Keep in mind that when Gideon went along with the idea of appeasing Monica -- Monica -- by giving Monica the opportunity to plan some big fairy tale wedding ....

.... he did not know of the existence of the sex tape

.... did not know that Deanna, a reporter very hostile to him and willing to make Eva collateral damage, knew about the tape

.... could not have foreseen that his own ex, Corrine, was going to attempt suicide (another explosive story bound to get out - Gideon dumped Corrine and she tried to kill herself over him.)

Gideon disappeared on Eva for two days, putting Eva's trust to the test, because he felt he was "doing the right thing" to handle the sex tape. I can see him up and deciding to go ahead and make sure the whole world knows Eva is Mrs. Gideon Cross. Monica will get over it.

As far as we know Eva and Cary are flying commercial they will probably be accosted at the airport!!

Cary booked the commercial flights before Gideon knew about the plans. Gideon owns five private jets and can easily spare one .... and send security with Eva. Just like he insisted on the Vegas trip.

Hi Jmhope,

Perhaps the Vidal’s don’t go to charity events that deal with child abuse because:

• They might that if they went, it might support Gideon in his “delusions†of having been a child of rape. This is just a thought.
  • Or maybe they don’t really care about the issue of child abuse.
  • Perhaps they allocate their charitable funds elsewhere.
  • Or maybe they have been told in no uncertain terms by Gideon to stay away.
  • Maybe Gideon will not tolerate the presence of his mother (the woman who never believed her own son about the horrible abuse that he was suffering from) or the step-father who may or may not have paid off the men who abused him and the doctors who helped to cover up the crimes.
Those might be possible scenarios. What does everyone else think?

I thought the advocacy dinner (date one) is where Eva met Creepy Christopher Jr?

Keep in mind that when Gideon went along with the idea of appeasing Monica -- Monica -- by giving Monica the opportunity to plan some big fairy tale wedding ....

.... he did not know of the existence of the sex tape

.... did not know that Deanna, a reporter very hostile to him and willing to make Eva collateral damage, knew about the tape

.... could not have foreseen that his own ex, Corrine, was going to attempt suicide (another explosive story bound to get out - Gideon dumped Corrine and she tried to kill herself over him.)

Gideon disappeared on Eva for two days, putting Eva's trust to the test, because he felt he was "doing the right thing" to handle the sex tape. I can see him up and deciding to go ahead and make sure the whole world knows Eva is Mrs. Gideon Cross. Monica will get over it.

I can also see him explaining to Deanna that if she wants any more SCOOPS she's going to have to become a free-once journalist with morals such as one who would not print the painful details of Corinne's suicide attempt...

I thought the advocacy dinner (date one) is where Eva met Creepy Christopher Jr?

You're right, Peachies -- Creepy did attend the advocacy center event, an event where Gideon had a very high profile role, giving the keynote dinner speech.

While Gideon was surrounded by people post-speech (including Magdalene, who swooped in) Creepy introduced himself to Eva, asked her to dance, and plied her for information on her true status with Gideon. To his delight, Creepy learned Eva wasn't Gideon's girlfriend (she wasn't at the time) -- she was just someone he knew from the Crossfire, that Eva already was supposed to attend the event anyway with her mother (true) and so it was simply a case of her and Gideon deciding to attend together (more complicated than that, but essentially true.) 

I'm wondering whether Magdalene asked Creepy to attend with her because she figured out Gideon had decided to take another woman as his social date instead of his usual custom of calling on Maggie most often when he needed a plus-one.