SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheens~

I've wondered about that as well. I wonder if we ever know?

I think Sylvia is going to tell us.  If I remember one of her interviews correctly there wasn't going to be too much Chris Jr. in Entwined but more in the next book.  I suspect that will be part of Gideon's story.

On the subject of Eva still working out her anger against Gideon for his having used Corrine -- and his celebrityhood -- to hurt Eva.

Bottom of page 225, her telling about the dinner reservation she made for her and Brett at Tableau One, the restaurant Gideon co-owns with his longtime personal friend, celebrity chef Arnoldo Ricci.

" ... I had to use your name to get on the (reservation) list, but Brett asked me out to dinner and I wanted us to go to a place connected with you."

When Gideon started going out with Corrine again, the first place he took her was on a dinner date to Tableau One, where he'd taken Eva just four nights earlier. He could have gotten a good table at any restaurant in New York, but he picked that one.

Eva is getting even by picking Tableau One, instead of any other good restaurant. Dropping Brett's name, she could have gotten a reservation at many other good places.

A paparazzi got pictures of Gideon having dinner with Corrine at Tableau One, thereby starting the media feeding frenzy about Gideon reuniting with Corrine. When Eva got even by taking Brett to lunch the next day, she harbored an angry impulsive hope a paparazzi would shoot a picture of her out with Brett, so Eva deliberately chose lunch at a restaurant where some paparazzi had photographed her and Cary having lunch, that started the rumors she and Cary were sexually involved.

Eva subconsciously hoping a paparazzi will get pictures of her and Brett out to dinner, and start a feeding frenzy of rumors they're dating? Getting even with Gideon for having indirectly humiliated Eva as having meant little to him, so now Eva is making it look like mere weeks later, she's already gotten over Gideon?

The second time Gideon took Corrine out, it involved something that "connected" Gideon and Eva -- the Kingsman vodka advertising campaign. Gideon took Corrine to a work-related PR event for Kingsman, an event by it's very nature was designed to get media attention, including photographers.

Eva is getting even by letting Brett take her to a Vidal Records corporate event, a PR event by it's very nature is designed to get media attention, including photographers. Guaranteed she and Brett will come under joint attention, because she's the girl in "Golden."

Gideon arranged the Kingsman the event behind the backs of Eva's agency, which was working only on the advertising campaign. He had his PR people set up the event, and never bothered to tell anyone from Eva's agency about it, despite the fact he had a meeting with Eva's agency mere hours before the event.

Eva getting even by making sure Gideon was going to find out second hand about her and Brett going to Tableau One, because she used Gideon's name to get the reservation. When was she planning to tell Gideon where she was having dinner? He's the one who brought the subject up, not the other way around.

Eva made it clear to Gideon that Brett asked her out to dinner, not the other way around.

Revenge for Gideon having asked his ex out.

From pages 13-14 of Entwined, Gideon and Eva were making love again for the first time, and she scratched and then bit him. "To punish as well as pleasure. To make him experience some small measure of what I had when he'd pushed me away." 

From page 176 of Reflected, what Eva said when she figured out her motive for having kissed Brett in a place where Gideon was certain to come across them. "Because you deserved it! Because you should know what it feels like! How bad it hurts ..."

So now she's set things up to let Gideon know exactly how it feels to have to endure media coverage of her and Brett, rumors running wild that they're reunited -- and Gideon is history, little more than a summer fling. She's now back with Brett, who publicly wooed her (via the love song and at least one media interview.) Because Corrine "got him back" by publicly chasing him at a high-society event, and when Gideon set up the lie he was back with Corrine, Eva came across as just a summer fling, not someone he'd loved.

I interpreted the Tableau One choice differently. I think Eva went out with Brett because of the pain that she was still working through of Gideon spending time with Corrine, but I don't think her choice in restaurant was malicious. At that point, they both seemed to be trying to meet each other half way and choosing a place where Gideon (or Arnoldo) could watch over her, was part of that, despite her judgement to meet Brett.

One thing does amaze me about Eva's and Gideon's reunion.... If I was Eva (Ha! I wish!) Anyway, if I was her, in addition to the pain of the separation that Gideon caused, I would be devastated by how the press wil inevitably have a field day being spotted together again.

Gideon and Eva get together. Gideon dumps her for an old flame. Eva welcomes him back with open arms. Eva's publicly portrayed as a doormat...just another girl willing to put up with anything Gideon dishes out just to keep him. 

She and Gideon know there's more to the story, as do we, BUT, if I would still be sickened by what the public thought of me. It's rough enough sometimes when you hear a friend thinks badly of you. I can't imagine being dragged through the press like that. I'm sure perception will change some once the public wedding actually happens...until then, with his history, I'm sure everyone thinks Eva is just Gideon's doormat of choice for the moment.

Eva clearly is dealing with some hurt, but I think she's handling it really darn well. Probably better than I would be. No matter how well intentioned he was and how thankful I would be to him, I would still be devastated that he was capable of hurting me that much...especially all for the public watch it play out.

Was anyone else surprised how well she handled things? Outside of a few hiccups, she really seemed to go from devastated to happy in lightening speed.

I interpreted the Tableau One choice differently. I think Eva went out with Brett because of the pain that she was still working through of Gideon spending time with Corrine, but I don't think her choice in restaurant was malicious. At that point, they both seemed to be trying to meet each other half way and choosing a place where Gideon (or Arnoldo) could watch over her, was part of that, despite her judgement to meet Brett.

One thing does amaze me about Eva's and Gideon's reunion.... If I was Eva (Ha! I wish!) Anyway, if I was her, in addition to the pain of the separation that Gideon caused, I would be devastated by how the press wil inevitably have a field day being spotted together again.

Gideon and Eva get together. Gideon dumps her for an old flame. Eva welcomes him back with open arms. Eva's publicly portrayed as a doormat...just another girl willing to put up with anything Gideon dishes out just to keep him.

She and Gideon know there's more to the story, as do we, BUT, if I would still be sickened by what the public thought of me. It's rough enough sometimes when you hear a friend thinks badly of you. I can't imagine being dragged through the press like that. I'm sure perception will change some once the public wedding actually happens...until then, with his history, I'm sure everyone thinks Eva is just Gideon's doormat of choice for the moment.

Eva clearly is dealing with some hurt, but I think she's handling it really darn well. Probably better than I would be. No matter how well intentioned he was and how thankful I would be to him, I would still be devastated that he was capable of hurting me that much...especially all for the public watch it play out.

Was anyone else surprised how well she handled things? Outside of a few hiccups, she really seemed to go from devastated to happy in lightening speed.

I loved that Eva is able to accept what Gideon did and how quickly she allowed herself to happy. But yes I agree with you I would definitely have a harder time of it. I also understand the humilation concept of course people are gonna talk a lot of s.hit about their relationship.

One thing does amaze me about Eva's and Gideon's reunion.... If I was Eva (Ha! I wish!) Anyway, if I was her, in addition to the pain of the separation that Gideon caused, I would be devastated by how the press wil inevitably have a field day being spotted together again.

I think one of the reasons Gideon wants everyone to know now (not months from now) he married her is to prove to everyone how special she is - that he loves her with all his heart. Part of his ongoing amends for how he treated her publicly earlier in the summer, when he'd let the world think she had been a summer fling unceremoniously cast aside because a woman he wanted to marry came back to him.

I don't think Eva is being spiteful to him with Brett now. The one time she actually was spiteful had been her knee-jerk reaction to having just learned via the media he'd taken Corrine out the night before behind her back. Brett just happened to show up at the right time for her to get even by acting on some nasty impulses, impulses she was already regretting before lunch was over.

I do think subconsciously though, she still is "testing" Gideon. Picking Tableau One is part of that -- he took his ex there on a "first date" of sorts, so Eva's sending some sort of message. Maybe sending a message to herself as much to Gideon, but definitely making some sort of statement.

Hopefully, Dr. Travis will help her get her head on straight in San Diego the upcoming weekend. Around the time she'd walked away from Brett four years ago is when she bottomed out and started getting help from Dr. Travis. It was "guy issues" that had been the flagrant sign of deeper trouble, and Dr. Travis helped her enormously there.

I agree with you.  When Eva told Gideon about dinner she said "I wanted us to go to a place connected with you."  To me it was her way of letting Gideon know that it was a dinner with a friend but she wouldn't forget who she loved because memories of Gideon would be all around her. 

I agree with you.  When Eva told Gideon about dinner she said "I wanted us to go to a place connected with you."  To me it was her way of letting Gideon know that it was a dinner with a friend but she wouldn't forget who she loved because memories of Gideon would be all around her. 

I agree with this!!

Totally agree Sharon!! :) :)

Thank you for confirming my initial thoughts about the wedding pictures.  I wonder if pictures even exist from the secret wedding, if they do I am assuming they were taken by either Angus or the resort manager.

Hi Fayeth, 

No worries.  It can be a little difficult sometimes; separating fact from speculation.  All we know is that Gideon made a deal with Deanna about the second wedding.  I secretly do hope that Gideon had forethought about having a few private wedding photos taken of the two of them during the beach ceremony.

I would think that Eva would find that an incredibly romantic and touching gesture!  At least I would find that incredibly romantic and touching! :) :) :)

As far as I know Elizabeth and Ireland have not attended a charity event , only CV Jr attended the first one- the Advocacy Dinner where he asked Eva to dance to find out who she was and what she was to Gideon. The only charity event Elizabeth attended was the last one in EWY at Cipriani's where she saw Eva's ring... Ireland has attended none to my knowledge.

Hi Sscrph, 

That's what I thought.  The only mention that was made of Elizabeth Vidal attending a "Charity Event" is on page 350 of EWY.  On Page 319, Eva mentions to Gideon that she has to attend one of her mom's charity events but she never specifically mentioned that this was a charity event for children who suffered abuse. 

That' what made me think that other than Christopher Jr. (who is an entity unto himself), none of the other Vidals openly supported abuse charities or Gideon's philanthropic pursuits.  Thank you for that confirmation.   

When I was in school I took Criminal Justice classes all 4 years and 63% of pedophiles have said they were abused as children themselves. You're right they don't think its normal by traditional standards but its their normal. Most pedophiles know they are sick and disgusting people. Every once in awhile you get a really sick s.o.b that tries to justifiy their actions saying the child wanted and or loved it. Either way they all need to be shot. And anyone who doesn't call the police or CPS is just as guilty.

Hi Jennpenn926, 

OMG!!  Those numbers are staggering and make me want to vomit!!

I would not have said the dress was a wedding dress, she did say it was the prettiest dress in the closet so I just took it as a lovely sun dress, nothing too fancy but floaty for the warm sun, I could be wrong though

Hi Sheens263, 

I agree with your assessment.  I don't think that it was a wedding dress either.  It was just a really beautiful dress that could have been worn to a beach event.  Who knew that it would end up becoming Eva's wedding dress...:)