SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I agree.  I don't know why some people keep quiet when they could prevent abuse of another child.  I have to believe they think they are doing what is best for their child (usually protecting them from publicity) but they just don't have the forethought to think clearly about what silence means.  I don't think that any punishment is too harsh for a child abuser and, quite frankly, I think their punishment needs to cause them great pain and suffering. 

Hi Sharonm745, 

I hope and pray that we as a society have begun to move forward in our thinking about these issues.  I hope that the stigma "of being abused" can finally be burried along with the mentality of having/needing to keep such secrets.  That is when people become ill. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it was described I thought it was probably tea length it was ruched from breast to hips and had strands of flowers floating down..I imagined a light filmy tulle material and of course it was white!! Gideon has excellent taste so I'm sure it was gorgeous!!

What ever the length, that dress sounded absolutely beautiful and unique, just like Eva.  :) 

I taught for 36 years and looking for signs of child abuse was part of the job.  We worked closely with the guidance counselor and could be prosecuted if we did not report abuse if we felt it was there.  The major problem we had was that if parents got wind of what we wanted to do, they pulled their kid from the school and moved on.  I was shocked at the number of parents who either knew of the abuse and chose to ignore it or just chose to ignore the abuse out of denial.  We even had an 8 year old who was pregnant and the mother took her out of the system all together.  Can you imagine?  So, I have absolutely no empathy for anyone who does not believe their child.  None.  I have seen the results when a kid cannot trust those around them who are supposed to be their safe place.  For that reason, I hate , hate, hate Elizabeth and everyone around her.  She is just an Arse to me.  I do not hate Monica in the same way.  She did what she had to do when she had clear facts.  I feel sorry for her and I hope to God we find out what drives her to need money so badly.  But she was not a bad mother.  I also wonder if she was so caught up in being a trophy wife that she didn't see the signs.  I do not let her off the hook entirely.  But at least she did believe her child and took the appropriate measures to keep Eva safe after.

Loved that interview.  Love Sylvia.  Her books, and I have read most of them, are not just erotica.  Every book has interesting characters, although nothing compares to this Crossfire series.  OMG, I love G and E.  It seems that Sylvia feels Eva is in a really good and strong place and has resolved a whole lot of her issues.  I still think she has some, but we will see.

I am fascinated about the Megumi theory.  I really hadn't given that a thought but it sure is something to think about.  Why is she not returning Eva's calls?  

Tat is just a self absorbed Arse.  I do not believe for one minute she is pregnant with Cary's child.  You can add her to the list of characters I dislike.  I want Cary and Trey to make it.

Hi GLH,

I agree with you completely!  I think that it is worse if someone knew about the abuse and did nothing and I do mean nothing as in not calling the police or not calling Children’s Aid or CPS.  There is no excuse for it!!  Ever!!

That’s why I balked at the theory that although Angus may have stopped Gideon’s abuse which would have been great, he still wouldn’t have done anything to stop Hugh!  That means that a man who (in theory) would have witnessed with his own two eyes, a child being ana**y raped and him not reporting this to the police and CPS.  Given that theory, I wouldn’t find Angus a hero.  He would have been severely misguided in his attempts to help Gideon but extremely negligent in dealing with the bigger problem of Hugh getting away and having unfettered access to more victims. 

I could see Angus suspecting something being wrong with Gideon and Angus watching Gideon’s increasing anxiety and possible acting out every time the Grad Student came for counseling sessions. 

I could also see Angus realizing that something was very wrong even though Gideon wouldn’t confirm it.  So then I could see Angus sticking like glue to Gideon every single time that Grad Student came for counseling sessions. 

I can picture a scenario where Angus sits adjacent to Gideon in the library (or on the other side of the glass doors) so that the Grad Student could still conduct his “counseling sessions†and Angus keeping both of his eyes directly on both Gideon and Hugh. 

I could also picture Angus sitting just outside the door of the office or study or such and the door being slightly ajar so that Angus could still keep his eyes on Hugh but not necessarily be able to hear the counseling session (just in case Hugh objects because of right to privacy).

I could also understand if Angus saw that Elizabeth Vidal was mentally unstable and not able to cope with her two boys and having a difficult pregnancy, I could see him going to Vidal Sr. to inform him of his suspicions.

The rest is up for grabs.  I think that the Angus character seems to be one of the most stable, loyal and level-headed characters in this book.  I don’t think that he would irresponsible in his duties to not only protect Gideon, but also in reporting said abuse to the authorities.    What do you think? 

And I also think the filmy material was in the bodice too , maybe Gideon got her another Vera Wang design...

I wouldn't put anything past him! That man is as detail oriented as can be! 

Both dresses were beautiful!  Everything that Gideon picks out for Eva to wear always brings out her best features.  :)  Vera Wang has some gorgeous dresses!! 

I interpreted the Tableau One choice differently. I think Eva went out with Brett because of the pain that she was still working through of Gideon spending time with Corrine, but I don't think her choice in restaurant was malicious. At that point, they both seemed to be trying to meet each other half way and choosing a place where Gideon (or Arnoldo) could watch over her, was part of that, despite her judgement to meet Brett.

One thing does amaze me about Eva's and Gideon's reunion.... If I was Eva (Ha! I wish!) Anyway, if I was her, in addition to the pain of the separation that Gideon caused, I would be devastated by how the press wil inevitably have a field day being spotted together again.

Gideon and Eva get together. Gideon dumps her for an old flame. Eva welcomes him back with open arms. Eva's publicly portrayed as a doormat...just another girl willing to put up with anything Gideon dishes out just to keep him. 

She and Gideon know there's more to the story, as do we, BUT, if I would still be sickened by what the public thought of me. It's rough enough sometimes when you hear a friend thinks badly of you. I can't imagine being dragged through the press like that. I'm sure perception will change some once the public wedding actually happens...until then, with his history, I'm sure everyone thinks Eva is just Gideon's doormat of choice for the moment.

Eva clearly is dealing with some hurt, but I think she's handling it really darn well. Probably better than I would be. No matter how well intentioned he was and how thankful I would be to him, I would still be devastated that he was capable of hurting me that much...especially all for the public watch it play out.

Was anyone else surprised how well she handled things? Outside of a few hiccups, she really seemed to go from devastated to happy in lightening speed.

Hi Orangeena,

I agree with you as well.  I don’t think that Eva chose Tableau One out of malice either.  I think that she chose that restaurant because it would have given Gideon peace of mind.  He could have a friend watch over Eva and Brett if he felt it necessary and Eva had nothing to hide in return.

Your interpretation of how the press might perceive Eva as a doormat was really intriguing.  I never thought of it like that, but it certainly is plausible and some may have those assumptions.

I agree that Eva has handled the break-up and the getting back together quite well.  I think that maybe time, reflection and a little wisdom have helped her to see just how much Gideon has risked (by killing Nathan) for Eva and continues to do so.  I think that when she sits and thinks about the situation in its entirety, she is able to forgive easier and let things go.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?     

Ladies, SD has tweeted that she has chosen a title for book 4! She will announce it early next week! 

Hi Claudine, 

I am so excited!  I can hardly wait!  Could you please be kind enough to post what the name of the next book will be when she releases it?  I don't tweet and such, so I have to rely on the kindness of the other ladies in the forum,  Thanks in advance.  :) 

I think one of the reasons Gideon wants everyone to know now (not months from now) he married her is to prove to everyone how special she is - that he loves her with all his heart. Part of his ongoing amends for how he treated her publicly earlier in the summer, when he'd let the world think she had been a summer fling unceremoniously cast aside because a woman he wanted to marry came back to him.

I don't think Eva is being spiteful to him with Brett now. The one time she actually was spiteful had been her knee-jerk reaction to having just learned via the media he'd taken Corrine out the night before behind her back. Brett just happened to show up at the right time for her to get even by acting on some nasty impulses, impulses she was already regretting before lunch was over.

I do think subconsciously though, she still is "testing" Gideon. Picking Tableau One is part of that -- he took his ex there on a "first date" of sorts, so Eva's sending some sort of message. Maybe sending a message to herself as much to Gideon, but definitely making some sort of statement.

Hopefully, Dr. Travis will help her get her head on straight in San Diego the upcoming weekend. Around the time she'd walked away from Brett four years ago is when she bottomed out and started getting help from Dr. Travis. It was "guy issues" that had been the flagrant sign of deeper trouble, and Dr. Travis helped her enormously there.

I think Sylvia is going to tell us.  If I remember one of her interviews correctly there wasn't going to be too my Chris Jr. in Entwined but more in the next book.  I suspect that will be part of Gideon's story.

Thanks Sharon :P

I agree I don't believe her dinner with Brett had any intention of being malicious toward gideon just confirming without words that she is his regardless of who was with her and for whatever his ( Bret's intentions) might be....

Also how do we put photos up in a post??? Still super new thank u on advance for the help lol

Also can anyone guess what the title for book 4 will be????

I have a couple in mind my number one is "Bound to you" and second pick is "Stand by you"

Also does anyone have any hopes for book 4 or 5 other then an Elizabeth smack down lol

I personally would love something really traumatic to happen like eva taking a bullet 🔫for gideon Orr getting kidnapped Orr some crazy twist where maybe someone who we r warning up to like magdalene is really scheming something viscous like the Brett sex tape📼!!! Dun Dun Dun!!!! Lol

I interpreted the Tableau One choice differently. I think Eva went out with Brett because of the pain that she was still working through of Gideon spending time with Corrine, but I don't think her choice in restaurant was malicious. At that point, they both seemed to be trying to meet each other half way and choosing a place where Gideon (or Arnoldo) could watch over her, was part of that, despite her judgement to meet Brett.

One thing does amaze me about Eva's and Gideon's reunion.... If I was Eva (Ha! I wish!) Anyway, if I was her, in addition to the pain of the separation that Gideon caused, I would be devastated by how the press wil inevitably have a field day being spotted together again.

Gideon and Eva get together. Gideon dumps her for an old flame. Eva welcomes him back with open arms. Eva's publicly portrayed as a doormat...just another girl willing to put up with anything Gideon dishes out just to keep him. 

She and Gideon know there's more to the story, as do we, BUT, if I would still be sickened by what the public thought of me. It's rough enough sometimes when you hear a friend thinks badly of you. I can't imagine being dragged through the press like that. I'm sure perception will change some once the public wedding actually happens...until then, with his history, I'm sure everyone thinks Eva is just Gideon's doormat of choice for the moment.

Eva clearly is dealing with some hurt, but I think she's handling it really darn well. Probably better than I would be. No matter how well intentioned he was and how thankful I would be to him, I would still be devastated that he was capable of hurting me that much...especially all for the public watch it play out.

Was anyone else surprised how well she handled things? Outside of a few hiccups, she really seemed to go from devastated to happy in lightening speed.

I agree :)

I agree with you.  When Eva told Gideon about dinner she said "I wanted us to go to a place connected with you."  To me it was her way of letting Gideon know that it was a dinner with a friend but she wouldn't forget who she loved because memories of Gideon would be all around her. 

That is the way I saw it too, nothing bad just that she wanted somewhere that Gideon knew she would be and that he knew was a place close to her as well as him :)

I agree I don't believe her dinner with Brett had any intention of being malicious toward gideon just confirming without words that she is his regardless of who was with her and for whatever his ( Bret's intentions) might be....

Also how do we put photos up in a post??? Still super new thank u on advance for the help lol

Also can anyone guess what the title for book 4 will be????

I have a couple in mind my number one is "Bound to you" and second pick is "Stand by you"

Also does anyone have any hopes for book 4 or 5 other then an Elizabeth smack down lol

I personally would love something really traumatic to happen like eva taking a bullet for gideon Orr getting kidnapped Orr some crazy twist where maybe someone who we r warning up to like magdalene is really scheming something viscous like the Brett sex tape!!! Dun Dun Dun!!!! Lol

Hi EmVeeCrossfire, 

Wow!  You have come up with some really interesting possibilities for the next two books.  I am not sure my poor heart could take Eva being shot.  Maybe one of our characters can shoot someone who is truely evil and deserves it instead.  What do you think?  Victor might be a good choice, he knows how to use guns.  Then there is Angus, he is a body guard and what about Clancy, he looks like he could be pretty handy with a gun!  Now who could the intended recipient be of said bullet?  Any ideas?

My mom wanted to be different too and I can never find a keychain with my name. LoL

Neither can I Michele, my name is really a form of an Galic Irish name which means Jane but I can never find anything with Sheena on it :(

I didn't understand it that way.  Could you let me know where she might have written that please?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. :)

PG 925 on my Ipad said:- "I wore the prettiest dress I'd found in the closet, strapless and ruched from to hips, with petals of organza floating down to my feet, it was a sweet yet sexy romantic gown"

I took it as a pretty sun dress but I can understand why people think it was more like a wedding dress with the mention of it being Sexy Romantic Gown :)

That is the way I saw it too, nothing bad just that she wanted somewhere that Gideon knew she would be and that he knew was a place close to her as well as him :)

And Eva and Gideon were both right in their choice of restaurant. I love the way Arnold stands up for Gideon's place with Eva and then , even better, sits down and makes himself part of their evening. And since he's had a meal with Eva previously, he's aware of something else he can do to distract any wayward thoughts she might be having. I'll bet he has some gorgeous and decadent dessert all ready to bring out. Last time he did zabaglione with raspberries, this time maybe a special tiramisu or dark chocolate gelato or...

Yum!

I didn't understand it that way.  Could you let me know where she might have written that please?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. :)

It was not described as a priestess gown. It was strapless with ruching from breast to hip and organza that floated to the bottom like petals...

And Eva and Gideon were both right in their choice of restaurant. I love the way Arnold stands up for Gideon's place with Eva and then , even better, sits down and makes himself part of their evening. And since he's had a meal with Eva previously, he's aware of something else he can do to distract any wayward thoughts she might be having. I'll bet he has some gorgeous and decadent dessert all ready to bring out. Last time he did zabaglione with raspberries, this time maybe a special tiramisu or dark chocolate gelato or...

Yum!

Yes this little encounter is very funny and I love how Arnoldo has to get put in a plug for his pal Gideon by saying Eva is very important to Gideon...

I know it is the superman outfit but just loved Henry's smile in this picture, what is being said here could relate to Gideon at times as well I thought :P

1001836_294534240690298_796369701_n.jpg

Love his face in this, he's looks young and boyish (and oh so yummy) I like that in the books they remind you how young Gideon is can its so easy to forget!!

Hi EmVeeCrossfire, 

Wow!  You have come up with some really interesting possibilities for the next two books.  I am not sure my poor heart could take Eva being shot.  Maybe one of our characters can shoot someone who is truely evil and deserves it instead.  What do you think?  Victor might be a good choice, he knows how to use guns.  Then there is Angus, he is a body guard and what about Clancy, he looks like he could be pretty handy with a gun!  Now who could the intended recipient be of said bullet?  Any ideas?

I can see Ann Lucas finally becoming undone and trying to shoot Gideon or Eva and then Angus Or Victor stepping in to take her down...