SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Just saw MAN OF STEEL.  OMG Henry is so f*cking hot it is amazing.  Even a character in the movie says how hot he is.  And he did a fine job with kissing.  Whew.  I came home and turned on my air conditioning.  

I have reread FSOG a couple of times.  But I love Gideon and Eva a lot more.  I guess I still have issues with the BDSM stuff.  And Gideon just stole my heart.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't catch it until someone mentioned it! It was pretty funny... Not that you made the mistake but the picture I had in my head of the dress lol :)

I did not notice it either, it did keep people busy trying to figure it out!!  Invent and word and see what happens!!  I can laugh at myself!!   :) :) :)

That's exactly what I suggested (just about Monica having to clean up her husband's gambling debts and maybe having gotten involved in loan sharks and the mob).

Your suggestion about Monica's concern about Eva's safety because of her past experiences is plausible. I can hardly wait to see how things play out with this storyline.

Never thought of this theory but I still think its Clancy and Stanton

I reread the wedding chapter and I do believe the white dresses that Eva thought were only because he thought of her as an angel were actually a selection of beach wedding dress choices by a shopper. Lots of 'choices' for the surprise bride. She chose a lightweight flowy gown. Perfect.

My point being, everything was planned in advance and he wouldn't have Eva make due with any ole white fun thing hanging there. And because she's his angel, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked different styles of his vision for her to wear that weekend.

And about his ring, I LOVE your theory of Ireland noticing. Squeal!

I agree that one of the dresses was a casual wedding dress often used for beach weddings.  I saw a young couple on the beach a couple weeks ago and I'm sure the dress she wore was similar to the one described by Sylvia.  I wish I had taken a picture.

Two problems I have with some of the Monica theories:

One, I don't believe, based on her previous actions and attitude, Monica would ever have the mental fortitude, aka balls, to go off on her own to deal with either Nathan or Russian mobsters. She is too used to having men solve her problems. Not to mention Clancy and Stanton guarding her.

Two, Eva never refers to her mother having financial stresses. On the contrary she refers to millions that Monica had acquired over the course of three marriages. Now you could say that Monica kept this a secret from Eva. But she couldn't have kept it a secret from Stanton. He's got to be managing her portfolio. How could Monica say she needed a few hundred thousand or a million or whatever without him knowing why she needed it?

When Monica says she hopes Eva is never drained financially, it is during the conversation about why she couldn't stay with Victor which I take to mean the desperate financial straits were during pregnancy and before she met and married Barker. But I may be wrong. Monica certainly makes some equivocal statements during that conversation.

Now, Monica dealing with Corinne, or Ann Lucas or Elizabeth - that I could see. Would like to see!

I agree completely.  If Nathan came to Monica, Stanton would deal with it.  Monica told Eva after she saw Nathan in front of Crossfire Stanton agreed to pay him off.

I agree completely.  If Nathan came to Monica, Stanton would deal with it.  Monica told Eva after she saw Nathan in front of Crossfire Stanton agreed to pay him off.

Nrock totally agree with you also AND I look forward to an encounter between MommyCa and the Lizard as wedding plans are being made. Monica may have some very undesirable qualities but she loves her daughter to the point of obsession and she won't stand for anyone who tries to do her daughter harm...PITY THE FOOL as Mr.T would say!!!

I reread the wedding chapter and I do believe the white dresses that Eva thought were only because he thought of her as an angel were actually a selection of beach wedding dress choices by a shopper. Lots of 'choices' for the surprise bride. She chose a lightweight flowy gown. Perfect.

My point being, everything was planned in advance and he wouldn't have Eva make due with any ole white fun thing hanging there. And because she's his angel, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked different styles of his vision for her to wear that weekend.

And about his ring, I LOVE your theory of Ireland noticing. Squeal!

Hi MicheleWV, 

You make a good point about Gideon's attention to detail.  I am sure that he must have ordered Eva's clothing in advance. That's would remain consistent with all of his previous behaviour.  I have never personally shopped for a wedding so I wouldn't quite know, but I am sure that there must be wedding dresses designed specifically for beach weddings. 

Thinking about it now, I would have loved to shop with Gideon and see what his vision was for his bride to be.  His choices would have said a lot about how Gideon would have envisioned Eva.  I hope I find someone who would love me that much. Sigh.   :)

I think I got it figured out MAYBE. Sylvia is super clever and might fool me. But anyways I think Clancy was stationed outside of Nathan's hotel the night he died watching Nathan's movements. Clancy sees Angus pull up and Gideon goes inside and quickly returns to the Bentley and leaves. Clancy knows Gideon was also a victim of Nathan's extortion attempts as well as Stanton. So quite possibly he assumes Gideon is there to pay Nathan off. We know from chapter 8 EWY that Clancy listens to a police scanner so Clancy hears on the scanner that a body as been found(confrimed as Nathan Barker by the credit card and photo i.d registered to the room) in the hotel. So Clancy is able to slip in before the police arrive and take the braclet and a few photos of Eva. Thing is with Clancy looks and demeanor the staff or anyone who might have seen him would have aasumed him to probably be a detective and not given a second thought. But I doubt anyone saw him to be honest he's too smart. With the braclet and photos he calls up his FBI brother and asks for a favor in planting the evidence on a fall guy. FBIBRO knows through survillence that Yedemsky has a hit ordered on him for screwing around with the daughter of another mob guy. Clancy gives his brother all the Nathan evidence and his brother plants it after Yedemsky is murder.

I think I got it figured out MAYBE. Sylvia is super clever and might fool me. But anyways I think Clancy was stationed outside of Nathan's hotel the night he died watching Nathan's movements. Clancy sees Angus pull up and Gideon goes inside and quickly returns to the Bentley and leaves. Clancy knows Gideon was also a victim of Nathan's extortion attempts as well as Stanton. So quite possibly he assumes Gideon is there to pay Nathan off. We know from chapter 8 EWY that Clancy listens to a police scanner so Clancy hears on the scanner that a body as been found(confrimed as Nathan Barker by the credit card and photo i.d registered to the room) in the hotel. So Clancy is able to slip in before the police arrive and take the braclet and a few photos of Eva. Thing is with Clancy looks and demeanor the staff or anyone who might have seen him would have aasumed him to probably be a detective and not given a second thought. But I doubt anyone saw him to be honest he's too smart. With the braclet and photos he calls up his FBI brother and asks for a favor in planting the evidence on a fall guy. FBIBRO knows through survillence that Yedemsky has a hit ordered on him for screwing around with the daughter of another mob guy. Clancy gives his brother all the Nathan evidence and his brother plants it after Yedemsky is murder.

Two problems I have with some of the Monica theories:

One, I don't believe, based on her previous actions and attitude, Monica would ever have the mental fortitude, aka balls, to go off on her own to deal with either Nathan or Russian mobsters. She is too used to having men solve her problems. Not to mention Clancy and Stanton guarding her.

Two, Eva never refers to her mother having financial stresses. On the contrary she refers to millions that Monica had acquired over the course of three marriages. Now you could say that Monica kept this a secret from Eva. But she couldn't have kept it a secret from Stanton. He's got to be managing her portfolio. How could Monica say she needed a few hundred thousand or a million or whatever without him knowing why she needed it?

When Monica says she hopes Eva is never drained financially, it is during the conversation about why she couldn't stay with Victor which I take to mean the desperate financial straits were during pregnancy and before she met and married Barker. But I may be wrong. Monica certainly makes some equivocal statements during that conversation.

Now, Monica dealing with Corinne, or Ann Lucas or Elizabeth - that I could see. Would like to see!

Hi Nrock, 

I read your posting and I can see where you are coming from.  Your points are just as valid.  I think that if Monica ever got involved with someone from the mob, it would have been unknowingly or inadvertently.  There has been some speculation that Monica may have dated someone in  her younger days, who may have had mob ties.  I could have seen Monica realizing what a potentially dangerous situation that could have put her in and I could have seen her ending the relationship as a result of that.

I could also have seen Monica being married to husband #2 and unbeknownst to her, he may have gambled his fortune away and her husband may have gone to a loan shark without Monica's knowledge or consent.  I could then see the loan sharks wanting their money and them threatening Monica ( which would have been the first she heard of this situation).  That kind of situation could also be potentially plausible. 

You are correct in that I couldn't Monica having the tolerance or the fortitude to deal with such a stressful situation for long. I could have seen her pay her husbands debts and then filing for divorce immediately. 

I agree with you about Monica paying the blackmail to Nathan wouldn't have been likely.  There is no way that could happen, because all deposits and withdrawls leave a paper trail. The police would be able to track Monica's/Stanton's monetary movements and that would bring more suspicion down on them.  So I agree that theory wouldn't be plausible. 

As for your theory about Monica and Victor, that is also plausible.  We know so llittle about those two that it is difficult to come up with solid theories.  Thank you for sharing your theories.  :)