SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Jennpenn,

I agree. It could be either Ireland or Cary. Those two never miss a beat when it comes to Eva and Gideon.

Cary has had oppurtunity to see the ring but has so much on his mind with T.W.A.T.I.A.N.A supposedly being pregnant. I think once he is in the right frame of mind he will be back to his normal eagal eye self. As far as Ireland she could probably zoom in on that ring a mile away. She would be estactic!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennpenn,

You make an interesting argument for your theory. It will all depend on how dedicated Clancy is to Monica and Eva. It almost seems like extra ordinary behaviour for someone who is supposed be doing bodyguard/chauffeuring duties. It is at this point, plausible because we have so little information.

Your theory requires a lot of dots to be connected, but I am open to ideas. We have very little to go on thus far. I wonder if Sylvia will give us a snippet or two to help us establish our theories a little more. I hope so. :)

As Clancy already stated Eva is more than a job. I believe he would do anything including going above and beyond the normal call of duties. But quite honestly there are probably a lot of unspoken demands on Clancy and Angus being in the private security field they just know when a potentionally dangerous situation arises they handle it no matter the cost or the legality of their actions. " The ends justify the means" kinda deal.

Cary has had oppurtunity to see the ring but has so much on his mind with T.W.A.T.I.A.N.A supposedly being pregnant. I think once he is in the right frame of mind he will be back to his normal eagal eye self. As far as Ireland she could probably zoom in on that ring a mile away. She would be estactic!!!

Do you think he will remember seeing a ring on Gideon's left hand or do you think that he may not have noticed at all because of what was going on? 

As Clancy already stated Eva is more than a job. I believe he would do anything including going above and beyond the normal call of duties. But quite honestly there are probably a lot of unspoken demands on Clancy and Angus being in the private security field they just know when a potentionally dangerous situation arises they handle it no matter the cost or the legality of their actions. " The ends justify the means" kinda deal.

Isn't that such an interesting statement though?  Especially coming from someone who isn't even her family.  I wonder just how far above and beyond the call of duty someone would go before stepping back and saying "this is too much".  I don't really know a lot about private security so I wouldn't know how often someone in that position would be asked to break the law.

I certainly would not commit a crime for anyone let alone for my employer!  Then again maybe some other people would.  From a lay person's perspective, it seems like a stretch, but thus far, it is potentially plausible.  :)

Do you think he will remember seeing a ring on Gideon's left hand or do you think that he may not have noticed at all because of what was going on?

I think he saw it but he totally over looked it . Because he is so caught up in his own drama. That or he is waiting for Eva to actually tell him like he did with her being back together with Gideon.

Isn't that such an interesting statement though? Especially coming from someone who isn't even her family. I wonder just how far above and beyond the call of duty someone would go before stepping back and saying "this is too much". I don't really know a lot about private security so I wouldn't know how often someone in that position would be asked to break the law.

I certainly would not commit a crime for anyone let alone for my employer! Then again maybe some other people would. From a lay person's perspective, it seems like a stretch, but thus far, it is potentially plausible. :)

I know from years of Criminal Justice classes that most people who enter into the private security field have military and special agencies( FBI, CIA, MI6 etc.) backgrounds with special training. And most rich people hire those kind of people because they have the special skills to handle potentionally news worthy situations discreetly.

I think he saw it but he totally over looked it . Because he is so caught up in his own drama. That or he is waiting for Eva to actually tell him like he did with her being back together with Gideon.

Hi Jennpenn, 

It could very well be.  One never knows with Cary.  I hope he did notice the ring on Gideon's finger.  I also hope he asks Eva about the ring too.  I think it could make for some really interesting dialogue.  :)

I know from years of Criminal Justice classes that most people who enter into the private security field have military and special agencies( FBI, CIA, MI6 etc.) backgrounds with special training. And most rich people hire those kind of people because they have the special skills to handle potentionally news worthy situations discreetly.

I wonder how many of those people would actually break the law for their clients?  I guess it would depend on what the circumstances were for them breaking the law.  The subject is really interesting though, none the less.  Thanks for your perspective.  I appreciate it.  :) 

I agree completely.  If Nathan came to Monica, Stanton would deal with it.  Monica told Eva after she saw Nathan in front of Crossfire Stanton agreed to pay him off.

Hi

I have just re read reflected and on page 277 Eva asked her mother .did he arrange it? I asked softly her smile faded,who?richard?Arrange what?money oh... I waited NO she protested he wouldn't his mind doesn't work like that way ok I just at to know .if Nathan was paid off I would think he would of left New York to get way from people who was after him what does anyone else think

Hi Sscrph, 

I wasn't aware of the "dress code".  Thanks for letting me know.  I will have to wear a priestess gown when I eat gnocchi.  I made a huge faux pas, I ate them while wearing shorts and a tee-shirt.  Hey do you know where I can buy a "prietess gown"?  I checked out the Neiman Marcus website and the Saks website and they aren't selling any.  Maybe I should try K-Mart instead?  :D  :D

Ha I worked at Kmart for 10 years and we never sold any priestess gowns "Jaclyn Smith " wouldn't be caught dead in one either!!

You make a good point about Clancy asking his brother to help him commit a crime.  That has been my challenge with all of the theories that suggest supposed sane, rational, characters would commit crimes, cover up crimes or commit murders for their employers.  It seems like a real stretch.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Totally agree I'm not sure what type of employer-employee relationship that it ; after all it's not the mafia...

I bought my husband a 3 piece suit last week (he owns several suits but no 3 piece ones) he has no idea why I was so excited for him to wear it to church this morning!! He also has dark hair n blues eyes, if I squint it's almost like having Gideon here with me ;) We girls got to indulge in fantasies sometimes!! :)

I bought my husband a 3 piece suit last week (he owns several suits but no 3 piece ones) he has no idea why I was so excited for him to wear it to church this morning!! He also has dark hair n blues eyes, if I squint it's almost like having Gideon here with me ;) We girls got to indulge in fantasies sometimes!! :)

Ha!! I love it! :D

Ha!! I love it! :D

Hello all! I'm a newbie to the forum but I'm certainly just as addicted to this series as everyone else lol I have a few questions about EWY.

1. When Eva steps on her compact and finds out from Clancy that it is a tracking device she tells him on the phone (not in exact words) "you owe me, big time" to which he responds "you know where to find me." during this exchange we see Eva says she knows exactly how she is going to collect. My question is did we find out excatly how she was going to collect? I don't think we did but if so and I missed it please let me know

2. I was under the impression abolutely NO ONE could know that G killed Nathan however what about Angus, Raul, Gideon's Lawers etc. I remember Gideon saying in the begining of the book that his llawyers were goona poke around and see what the poolice were thinking. Why would they need to poke around if no one knew and G's alibi was air tight? Also I b elieve G said Raul was looking into the bracelet being planted and was also arranging G's move in to Eva's building so I wonder if he is aware of what G did or simply following orders?

3. Another thing I wondered about is when G and E were discussing what Graves revealed about the bracelet being taken and planted elsewhere G commented that Det. Graves is a very smart woman and Eva replies by saying "yes, that makes me feel better." Why did it make her feel better? is it bc eva knows that graves "suspects" what G did and is kinda in G and E's corner on this one? I was a little unsure about this

Classic!

I like your thinking. :D

I would like to back track a little bit and go back on two things I have been thinking about. I don't recall either of these specifically discussed earlier.

- We all know how much Monica (Momica) loved Eva and would clearly do anything to make her happy (or how she thinks she can make her happy) as well as keeping her safe. We also know that Monica believed Eva when she said she was abused by Nathan and took the appropriate motherly actions to get her daughter away from the situation. Monica has made no bones about the way she feels about Gideon and how she thinks that Gideon would be the perfect man for her daughter. Now that we are getting to the wedding planning, I am assuming that Victor, Monica and Stanton (I too love referring to him by his last name) are going to give Eva and Gideon the wedding of all weddings. Even though I am assuming the Stantons are far more well off than the Vidals, Monica will want some of Elizabeth's help and input with the wedding. I envision that the two woman, who should know each other well through society, will have quite a war of words with each other and hopefully Eva will/has opened up to her Mom about how Elizabeth reacted towards Gideon as a child. I would LOVE to see the two Moms go at it. I think that this could be just the opening that Eva has been hoping for.

- We have talked a lot about the pre-nuptial agreement on this board and torn it apart about the money for the baby and the marriage, etc. However one thing that I have been thinking about a lot recently and do not recall it being discussed was the actions that they need to take before divorcing. Call me a hopeless romantic or just a fool, but the fact that Gideon loves and is so committed to Eva to make sure that every possible step has been tried and tested before giving up and divorcing really speaks volumes to me. She fears commitment and fidelity and he took both into account in the pre-nuptial agreement. 

I would like to back track a little bit and go back on two things I have been thinking about. I don't recall either of these specifically discussed earlier.

- We all know how much Monica (Momica) loved Eva and would clearly do anything to make her happy (or how she thinks she can make her happy) as well as keeping her safe. We also know that Monica believed Eva when she said she was abused by Nathan and took the appropriate motherly actions to get her daughter away from the situation. Monica has made no bones about the way she feels about Gideon and how she thinks that Gideon would be the perfect man for her daughter. Now that we are getting to the wedding planning, I am assuming that Victor, Monica and Stanton (I too love referring to him by his last name) are going to give Eva and Gideon the wedding of all weddings. Even though I am assuming the Stantons are far more well off than the Vidals, Monica will want some of Elizabeth's help and input with the wedding. I envision that the two woman, who should know each other well through society, will have quite a war of words with each other and hopefully Eva will/has opened up to her Mom about how Elizabeth reacted towards Gideon as a child. I would LOVE to see the two Moms go at it. I think that this could be just the opening that Eva has been hoping for.

- We have talked a lot about the pre-nuptial agreement on this board and torn it apart about the money for the baby and the marriage, etc. However one thing that I have been thinking about a lot recently and do not recall it being discussed was the actions that they need to take before divorcing. Call me a hopeless romantic or just a fool, but the fact that Gideon loves and is so committed to Eva to make sure that every possible step has been tried and tested before giving up and divorcing really speaks volumes to me. She fears commitment and fidelity and he took both into account in the pre-nuptial agreement. 

Oh the two Moms discussing how each had taken different paths when their children were abused!!  Oh my that would be a show to watch for sure.

The only thing in the book with the prenup about divorce says "I agreed to to counseling and meditation in the event of a divorce" but not really how to prevent the divorce from happening.

Hmmmm  :)

Love this! :)

Brett is worrying me. His comments resemble Gideons at the beginning of their relationship.

Why call it a f*ck, just call it a seminal emission in a pre-approved orifice. Which is basically what Brett says to Eva. "I want to be inside you".

He has some feelings for Eva, but he doesn't understand her, one iota. Where is the love? Surely if he has held a torch for her for so long, he would be in love with her.

Eva is still confused regarding Brett. Her behaviour is misleading him, giving him hope. She needs to lay some ghosts to rest where he is concerned. She is ruining her recovery by being around him. Friends they cant be. He needs to go. Pronto!

The only thing in the book with the prenup about divorce says "I agreed to to counseling and meditation in the event of a divorce" but not really how to prevent the divorce from happening.

Hmmmm   :)

I took the counseling and mediation as a BEFORE the divorce is filed/finalized as an additional step to keeping the relationship together.  Maybe my understanding was incorrect.

Not all couples are willing to take the extra steps to save a marriage and I read this as that step, again maybe that was just an incorrect interpretation.

Brett is worrying me. His comments resemble Gideons at the beginning of their relationship.

Why call it a f*ck, just call it a seminal emission in a pre-approved orifice. Which is basically what Brett says to Eva. "I want to be inside you".

He has some feelings for Eva, but he doesn't understand her, one iota. Where is the love? Surely if he has held a torch for her for so long, he would be in love with her.

Eva is still confused regarding Brett. Her behaviour is misleading him, giving him hope. She needs to lay some ghosts to rest where he is concerned. She is ruining her recovery by being around him. Friends they cant be. He needs to go. Pronto!

I agree with you!  And why she does stuff that she would be very upset if Gideon acted with or towards Corrine blows my mind!!  She took Brett to the apartment but when Gideon mentioned not taking Deanna to his apartment she thought that was a smart move. She thought to herself after the video release that Brett would just need time to accept that she can't be with him, but like you say stop misleading him NOW!!!!

I agree with you!  And why she does stuff that she would be very upset if Gideon acted with or towards Corrine blows my mind!!  She took Brett to the apartment but when Gideon mentioned not taking Deanna to his apartment she thought that was a smart move. She thought to herself after the video release that Brett would just need time to accept that she can't be with him, but like you say stop misleading him NOW!!!!

We are getting the story from Eva's pov. Reading her musings about Brett, how he used to feel, the sex, how she is feeling towards him now. She had feelings for Brett, albeit for the wrong reasons, because of her abuse. Wanting love and affection. He meant something to her. So it would be harder for her to forget.

But think about it from Gideons pov. He has never been in love before Eva. All the women he had relations with meant nothing to him, he loved Corinne but wasn't in love with her. So it's easier for him to move on where girlfriends are concerned.