SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks jennpenn, I got a reply last night to say sorry but with her travelling she has not been able to catch every Tweet that comes in, I did ask her 3 questions for book 4 but I think I shall re-tweet them to her later in the week once she is back to her normal routine

I'm going to her book signing this Friday if you want me to ask her any questions let me know.  I don't know how many I can get in but I'm willing to try.

Hi Jewhite611,

Welcome to the fo rum.  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

In response to some of your questions, it was my understanding that Eva made Clancy aware that the jig was up.  She knew that she was being tracked and she didn't appreciate it one bit. 

I think that the only person who knows that Gideon killed Nathan is Eva.  I don't think that Gideon would have confessed to his lawyer about committing a murder.  I think that the lawyer would be under some kind of legal obligation to report a crime, but there are others who are experts (lawyers) in the forum who would be able to answer that question with a certain accuracy. 

I personally don't think that Detective Graves is on Gideon's side whatsoever.  I think that she would absolutely pin Nathan's murder on Gideon if she had enough evidence, but thus far she doesn't.  She only has her own suppositions and speculations.  She doesn't have a shred of evidence (finger prints, blood, fibres, photos, surveilence footage, eye witnesses, etc.) against Gideon so she can't procede.  What does everyone else think?

I'm not a lawyer but I do know that anything at all you tell a lawyer under retainer is attorney-client privilege and is completely protected...at least in the US. Defense laweys would have a hard time doing their job if their clients couldn't be fully candid with them. (Not that all clients are...) I don't think Gideon would have told the lawyer, though. Even if the lawyer suspected, though, it's his job to keep him out of jail and he couldn't repeat a single word Gideon said to anyone...even if Gideon confessed to a multitude of crimes. I don't think that Gideon would have told angus either, but angus is a smart guy and probably knows.

I have a different take of detective graves. I think she knows it was Gideon (or at least did until the whole mafia hit) but she had no proof whatsoever and now has reasonable doubt. I don't think she's on anyone's side at all... Not even Nathan's. she knew what nathan did ans it was through her we found out his own dad didn't care about him anymore. I think she's unbiased and just wants the truth....I could be way off though. only Sylvia knows right now...what I wouldn't give to be her editor or work at her publishing company!!

Do you all think there is any hope for Gideon's relationship with his mother? I mean he did give Eva his mother's ring so I feel like he still has some sort of love or at least positive memory about her. I wasn't too thrilled that he gave his mother's ring to Eva. I don't really know how to take it. I also agree that Eva is playing with fire when it comes to brett.  I understand she may be keeping him around just for show with the police and the public and part of me feels like that is kind of a good idea, but I feel like she should have chosen someone else to play that role. However that wouldn't have nearly be as interesting for us readers now would it? lol Do you guys think that Eva will really meet up with Brett in SD? Do you think Gideon will go to SD too? You know how he was when she wanted to go to Vegas with Cary. Does this whole sex tape thing worry any of you? It sort of popped up out of the blue. I wonder if Brett knows about it?

Is anyone else getting a little worried about how Eva and Gideon are getting a little lax about falling asleep next to each other? He still has issues. We saw that when he grabbed her wrist when Eva came running into him during his last nightmare. I think this issue is going to bubble up at least one more time, especually if the next two books are about Gideon working through his problems.

I hope things don't get too far out of control, but I definitely think we haven't seen the last of the issue.

Oh wow you just made it understandable for me thank you!!  You are right!!

:)

Oh wow you just made it understandable for me thank you!!  You are right!!

:)

I think Eva will get there. She loves Gideon with all her heart and I really believe that she will be and stay committed to him. She just needs to let go of the idea of Brett. Which i think she will do by next book.

Is anyone else getting a little worried about how Eva and Gideon are getting a little lax about falling asleep next to each other? He still has issues. We saw that when he grabbed her wrist when Eva came running into him during his last nightmare. I think this issue is going to bubble up at least one more time, especually if the next two books are about Gideon working through his problems.

I hope things don't get too far out of control, but I definitely think we haven't seen the last of the issue.

I'm hoping that once he starts opening up to Eva, that his nightmares will subside to some extent. I don't think they will go permanently, because of his recent killing of Nathan, has ramped up his guilty feelings. The condition doesn't just vanish overnight, unfortunately, I googled it. But with the continued therapy and drugs, it will be kept under control. They both want to just be a normal couple, having snuggle time together, and napping or falling asleep in each others arms.

So we have an aproximation and not an exact timeline.  Do we know how many days after Monica saw Nathan outside of the Crossfire Building, he was killed? 

Monica saw Nathan on a Monday. Right after Eva returned from Las Vegas. It was not that Thursday, but the following Thursday that Nathan was killed. So a week and a half.

I have said all along, that it related to mummy issues, and his abandonment.

Also, I do not think that Gideon's "obsession" with brunettes has to do with Corinne, I think that this has to do with his mother.

I think Gideons problems are just not related to his abuse, I think it goes far deeper, concerning his mother, who I think has a penchant for young men. Hence her comment to Cary at the garden party, and Gideons comment back to her. I said a few weeks back that there were oedipedal tendencies in his relationship with his mother.

I think Gideons problems are just not related to his abuse, I think it goes far deeper, concerning his mother, who I think has a penchant for young men. Hence her comment to Cary at the garden party, and Gideons comment back to her. I said a few weeks back that there were odepidial tendencies in his relationship with his mother.

I agree, Julie. The mommy issue is a classic. (pun intended)

Gideon lost one parent and then probably felt he lost the other when his mom re-married quickly and started a new family. Whether she intended it or not, I'm sure her focus was on her new husband and babies, at the expense of a needy and bewildered child, who was a reminder of someone she doubtless wanted to forget. Have to wonder why Vidal Senior didn't adopt Gideon so he wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of his father's crime so much. Poor kid - I hope it wasn't too long until Angus entered his life and established a relationship with him.

Gideon may have said he bought the family business to save his mother worry, but, hello, he was also showing he could look after his mother better than Elizabeth's husband. Maybe taking over her husbands role, no?

I agree, Julie. The mommy issue is a classic. (pun intended)

Gideon lost one parent and then probably felt he lost the other when his mom re-married quickly and started a new family. Whether she intended it or not, I'm sure her focus was on her new husband and babies, at the expense of a needy and bewildered child, who was a reminder of someone she doubtless wanted to forget. Have to wonder why Vidal Senior didn't adopt Gideon so he wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of his father's crime so much. Poor kid - I hope it wasn't too long until Angus entered his life and established a relationship with him.

Gideon may have said he bought the family business to save his mother worry, but, hello, he was also showing he could look after his mother better than Elizabeth's husband. Maybe taking over her husbands role, no?

Hi Nrock

Oedipus is giving high fives all around here!!! lol :D

Also, I do not think that Gideon's "obsession" with brunettes has to do with Corinne, I think that this has to do with his mother.

OMG! I never thought about that before, but you're so dead on. I think it even speaks to how he treated women. Not wanting any emotional attachment, using them and discarding them without a second thought... The same way Gideon was used, in part because of his mother. I wonder if she went after his friends in high school. Marrying Vidal sounds like it was mostly for security and stability, so she may have been bored and gotten a little to friendly when he brought friends home....thus perpetuating the "using and discarding" pattern.

Do we ever get any sense if how long Gideon's abuse went on? We know Eva's was about four years, but what about Gideon?

How long before he told his mom? How long did it continue after? I'm hoping, believing him or not, the uproar at least got the pedophile out if the house, but I could also see Lizard keeping the therapy sessions going until it was "proven" and then, when it wasn't according to Dr. Lucas, continuing them still.

OMG! I never thought about that before, but you're so dead on. I think it even speaks to how he treated women. Not wanting any emotional attachment, using them and discarding them without a second thought... The same way Gideon was used, in part because of his mother. I wonder if she went after his friends in high school. Marrying Vidal sounds like it was mostly for security and stability, so she may have been bored and gotten a little to friendly when he brought friends home....thus perpetuating the "using and discarding" pattern.

Maybe somewhat of a "Mrs. Robinson" character...

I'm hoping that once he starts opening up to Eva, that his nightmares will subside to some extent. I don't think they will go permanently, because of his recent killing of Nathan, has ramped up his guilty feelings. The condition doesn't just vanish overnight, unfortunately, I googled it. But with the continued therapy and drugs, it will be kept under control. They both want to just be a normal couple, having snuggle time together, and napping or falling asleep in each others arms.

She's also used her krag mav sills too

Totally agree about Graves, there are no personal feelings involved here( although I think she thinks Victor is Hot) At the end of the day she is always a cop doing her best to solve a murder case...also agree that Gideon would never confess his crime to anyone; he really didn't even confess to Eva ; Graves let the cat out of the bag on that ...

I think many of us think Victor is hot too! ;)