SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that once he starts opening up to Eva, that his nightmares will subside to some extent. I don't think they will go permanently, because of his recent killing of Nathan, has ramped up his guilty feelings. The condition doesn't just vanish overnight, unfortunately, I googled it. But with the continued therapy and drugs, it will be kept under control. They both want to just be a normal couple, having snuggle time together, and napping or falling asleep in each others arms.

I found several in depth studies in medical journals for the atypical s*xual parasomnia.  Treating patients with violent parasomnia events have a high success rate when they are triggered by child sexual abuse. (It appears that they aren't very successful when parasomnia is a progression from sleep walking.)  For the violent dreams like Gideon experiences it states that once drug & psychiatric intervention begin the nightmares are controlled relatively quickly.  Patients are moved to just drug treatment in as little as six months to a year.  Most patients in this category are advised to continue seeing a shrink to treat their abuse issues but even the patients that didn't continue followup conversations indicated that the patient doesn't have violent dreams that hurt their sleep partners even though they might experience some nightmares.  That is prognosis good for our couple. 

Hi Sscrph & Sharon, 

I was thinking about what both you ladies said and I was wondering:  Could it be that Eva was breathing heavy after Brett acted inappropriately because she didn't know how to deal with the situation?  Could it be that Brett really caught her off-guard?  Could it be that she wasn't ready to have "the conversation" with Brett? 

Have you ever been at a coctail party or some kind of social function and someone makes an inappropriate joke and everyone around just laughs?  The people aren't necessarily laughing because the joke was funny but because the situation was so akward they may not have known what to say.  So instead they just laugh and then try to get themselves away from that situation.

I was also thinking that Brett was in Eva's apartment when this whole thing was going down.  Could it be that Eva didn't say anything to Brett or confront him because she just wanted to get him out of her apartment with escalating the situation or put herself into a position to have to defend herself against an unwanted suitor?  What do you ladies think?.

I think Brett is a problem.  When Eva interacts with Brett, either on the phone or in person, her mind takes her back to their steamy s*x life.  It seems that she can't more on and that spells danger.  I don't think their is any love there but Eva can't deal with Brett in a rational way because of their history and that spells danger in my opinion.

Hi Sharon, 

Your theory is just as plausible. It could very well be that Elizabeth doesn't like Eva because she has forced her to look at her past.  What I wonder is whether Elizabeth will ever like Eva?  I had posted something in another thread and I wonder if Elizabeth Vidal genuinely believes that Gideon made up the entire abuse situation?  I wonder if Elizabeth Vidal believes that Eva is feeding into Gideon's "supposed delusion"?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

There is no way that I think Liz believes Gideon made up the abuse.  She has convinced herself that he did and uses the doctors reports as evidence but she knows.  She had to hear Gideon's nightmares and other indications.   She knows in her heart that she failed her son.

Hi Orangeena, 

I am not a lawyer either but I do know that a lawyer cant' just listen to his client tell him how he/she committed a murder and then the lawyer can go into court and argue that their client is innocent.  I agree there is client-attorney privilege which is absolutely true but a lawyer can't go into court and lie to the court and tell the judge that his/her client is innocent.  I hope that someone in the forum who is a legal expert can chime in to clarify this point. 

Your theory about Detective Graves is just as plausible as anyone else's.  Thanks for the discussion.  :)

I'm not a lawyer but I have listened to defense lawyers on TV.  Almost every one of them say that they never ask "did you do it" or "are you innocent."  They say that they don't want their client to lie to them and see the lie in their eyes.  They prefer to do the research and develop a defense passed on their research not on their clients word. 

I think Brett is a problem.  When Eva interacts with Brett, either on the phone or in person, her mind takes her back to their steamy s*x life.  It seems that she can't more on and that spells danger.  I don't think their is any love there but Eva can't deal with Brett in a rational way because of their history and that spells danger in my opinion.

I agree, Brett is slippery as well he reminders her all the time, not giving Eva the chance to say NO, he needs watching :)

Hi Orangeena,

I am so glad that Gideon never left any traces of evidence behind!  I can breathe a huge sigh of relief!  Sigh! :)

Was anyone under the impression he had? I thought it was pretty well established by Graves they had nothing solid. Did I miss something in one if the books?

I agree, Nrock. We also need to remember that the video is a visualisation of the Golden lyrics. Eva never expressed to Brett or anyone that she was unhappy with the song Golden or how it portrayed her. And while I get the difference - an idea or a suggestion in a lyric compared to having it acted out for the world to see.

It probably never even occurred to Brett that she wouldn't like the video. Was that nieve of him, yes but I don't think he made the video to hurt Eva, he was trying to remind her of the 'good times' same as the song was supposed to do. When he released Golden he was trying to get her back, even though he had no clue where she was or what she was doing. He was hoping she'd hear the song and turn up at a concert or get in touch. I think the video was just another extension of that.

Brett doesnt understand that Eva is ashamed of her past both with him and in general. And why should he? He's not ashamed of any of it. And Eva has never told him anything to make him think she might be.

I'm not sure Brett would be clued into how embarrassed and humiliated Eva would have been about the music video. For people in the entertainment business, publicity is life blood. They thrive on it and need it and it keeps them in the public eye. Also, from what I see happening in the world of Facebook (though I don't belong) and Instagram and all the other media sharing platforms, many people of Eva and Brett's generation feel differently about sharing intimate details about their lives. After all, what Brett knew about Eva wasn't much besides she was fun, convenient, and a great f*ck. He didn't know her or her trauma or her new life style. He may have been, and was, clueless about what her reaction would be. Poor dumb cluck may have been thinking she'd be pleased because he was publicly declaring his love and muse.

Please don't think I'm saying that everyone on Facebook is like that, just that I think there is a different mind set for every generation. Sometimes I can't believe it when my daughter has shown me examples of what some people post!

The real sex tape is another thing, however. I don't imagine Yinara ((sp?) would have showed it to him or that Brett would think it was ok. Yimara is probably just trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on the Eva video. Sure it probably wouldn't have bothered Brett personally, but I don't think he'd be stupid enough not to understand how most girls would react. After all, he's trying hard to get back in her life.

Totally agree w/ both of these...100%!  Do we really think that Brett didn't know about the video though? That Sam never told him? It's been been years that he's had it. Was just waiting for 6/9ths to make it big before releasing it? Or maybe he never thought of releasing it until now..Eva was just one of Bretts groupies that he prob got on film, so no biggie...until now?

And yes...Benjamin Bratt is who i've been thinking of too! Perfect!

I agree. Nearly every time she talks to him or sees him, she's still talking about how hot he is....how great his body is....how seductive his voice is. If she had truly let go by now, she wouldn't be nearly as phased by his looks or voice. She's still reconciling her feelings for him. And, finding out your ex that treated you like crap not only wants you back, but has been using you as his muse? Well if that's not an ego boost, I don't know what is. I think she's using his interest in the same way she used to use the s*x...as a cheap way to make herself feel better. I don't think for a minute she'll cheat on gideon, but she needs Dr. Travis ASAP!

I agree. Nearly every time she talks to him or sees him, she's still talking about how hot he is....how great his body is....how seductive his voice is. If she had truly let go by now, she wouldn't be nearly as phased by his looks or voice. She's still reconciling her feelings for him. And, finding out your ex that treated you like crap not only wants you back, but has been using you as his muse? Well if that's not an ego boost, I don't know what is. I think she's using his interest in the same way she used to use the s*x...as a cheap way to make herself feel better. I don't think for a minute she'll cheat on gideon, but she needs Dr. Travis ASAP!

There is no way she would cheat. However she does need to let go of Brett.

Hiya

Before Eva's dad put her in touch with Dr Travis, Eva's self-respect and self esteem were non existent. She debased herself, throwing herself at Brett at every opportunity, she wanted and needed to be loved. She was desperately ashamed of her past, doing what she did.

She hoped Brett would fill that void, but all he wanted was the sex. Didn't care where he got it, he was an immature boy, he still is to some extent.

Eva needs to go to SD to lay her ghosts to rest. She needs to sort out her relationship with Brett once and for all.

Tx Julie .Absolutely right she needs to go to SD perhaps when she gets insight on why she has these feelings for Brett we will too.Out of the whole book it's the one thing I've been bugged about.

Tx Julie .Absolutely right she needs to go to SD perhaps when she gets insight on why she has these feelings for Brett we will too.Out of the whole book it's the one thing I've been bugged about.

I agree. When Brett makes an appearance, she(Eva ) seems to lose the plot!

There is no way she would cheat. However she does need to let go of Brett.

I really really hope she doesn't cheat ,I've had low grade anxiety about cheating since we came across Brett and he made her feel stuff.Its very tough to predict/relate to the actions of people who have gone through and are as damaged as Eva and Gideon ,Sylvia says she's the narrator so who knows where these two characters will take her but I hope it's not down that road.

I really really hope she doesn't cheat ,I've had low grade anxiety about cheating since we came across Brett and he made her feel stuff.Its very tough to predict/relate to the actions of people who have gone through and are as damaged as Eva and Gideon ,Sylvia says she's the narrator so who knows where these two characters will take her but I hope it's not down that road.

I agree but I really can't see Eva or Gideon giving up what they have for a roll in the hay with someone else.  I hate when I really like a character and they take that path.  It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I recently read a book where the main character got drunk and ended up in bed, but never did anything, with a guy.  I just couldn't cheer for her anymore.

I agree but I really can't see Eva or Gideon giving up what they have for a roll in the hay with someone else.  I hate when I really like a character and they take that path.  It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I recently read a book where the main character got drunk and ended up in bed, but never did anything, with a guy.  I just couldn't cheer for her anymore.

I get nervous about the Brett thing to. But i just remind myself that this is Gideon and Eva's love story. And i don't think cheating is something that either one of them could ever get past. I think Eva's feelings for Brett are totally immature and I think she will recognize that he has no place in her life.

I get nervous about the Brett thing to. But i just remind myself that this is Gideon and Eva's love story. And i don't think cheating is something that either one of them could ever get past. I think Eva's feelings for Brett are totally immature and I think she will recognize that he has no place in her life.

I agree just can't see either cheating, it was bad enough the kiss after the concert!!  And they are married now and I think they both take that very seriously!!  Brett will be history soon enough in the past!!

:)

Your first statement is comforting until I go back for a re-read then I'll pick up stuff and drive myself crazy again.For instance when She told Brett she was going to SD she specified "just me and Cary"why ?Anyway ....totally understand about not being able to cheer for a character that crosses that line it sort of damages the integrity of the character.

I agree just can't see either cheating, it was bad enough the kiss after the concert!!  And they are married now and I think they both take that very seriously!!  Brett will be history soon enough in the past!!

:)

Eva was horrified what her mother did. Even though she's not keen on Stanton, it really upset her knowing what her mother did with her father. Trust me. She will be ok in SD. The fan base will go against her if she cheats on Gideon.

Hi jewhite611, 

I hope that Gideon and his mother reconcile but in order for that to happen Elizabeth Vidal needs to accept responsibility for what happened to Gideon all those years ago and she also needs to accept responsibility for the fact that she put her needs ahead of her son and she threw her son to the wolves.  That is a huge thing to ask a person to "swallow".  I personally am not sure if Elizabeth Vidal is capable, but one can hope.

I hope that Eva doesn't see Brett in San Diego.  I really don't think that there is a need for them to have any further contact.  Quite frankly I haven't been a huge fan of Brett's although some of the ladies in the forum would disagree with me.  I think that his behaviour thus far has indicated a man who hasn't taken Eva's feelings into consideration. He also sounds like a man who hasn't grown up at all since he and Eva were last together.

I hope that Gideon goes ot San Diego or at least shadows Eva, not because he doesn't trust Eva but because it might be nice for Gideon to meet up and establish more of a rapport with his father-in-law to be (wink, wink).  I also think that Eva and Cary might be in over their heads and that Gideon might be able to help Cary with his problems (i.e. Tatiana) and Eva (if Cary is too much for Eva to handle). What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree with you about Elizabeth I think she is in denial and I also think something drastic will have to happen to slap her in the face and make her face the truth. i.e. Lucas being Corrine psychologist and sabotaging her well being. I don't want Eva to see Brett in SD. He needs to get lost! He doesn't really care about Eva and really doesn't even know her. He just wants what he "thought" hey had which in really was just sex. I agree with you and also hope that G goes to SD with Eva and hopefully bonds with Victor and maybe even Cary too. I can't wait to hear the title of Book 4 and hopefully I won't go crazy before I can actually read the book