SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Liam at all.  For me the problem is that I see Gideon being Henry and so does Sylvia.  Whoever does get the role has a big nut to crack to overcome what we have been seeing in our heads for a couple of years.  That doesn't mean a good actor cannot do it.  It's about acting and chemistry.  Plus, a TV audience is most likely a lot larger than the number of people who have read the series to the extent we on this board have.  I wish more info was available on SOMETHING with book 4 so we can move onward.  And I hope Lionsgate doesn't mess around with Crossfire the way Universal has with FSOG.  Man of Steel came out in June and casting is already set for 2015.  Geez.

Hi GLH,

I have been thinking about this whole HC thing and I wonder if any actor who takes on either role of; Christian Grey or Gideon Cross, will worry about being stereo-typed?  These are two very se*ual roles and as such, I wonder if anyone who takes this role will only be remembered for his/her performance in said role?  What do you think?

Hi Gigi--

You make a good point.  I think that what would make it work for Henry is that he has already made a name for himself as Superman.  As a matter of fact, I wonder if taking on a romantic role wouldn't be a good thing so he doesn't get type cast as a superhero. And he is going to do MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.  Hugh Jackman really has diversified himself and I don't think anyone would identify him as only a superhero.  Broadway, leading man. To be Gideon, Henry would have to really show his stuff as an actor.  Yes, Gideon is uber se*ual, but he is a whole lot more.  I think that is his allure.  

Do we know if CROSSFIRE will be a miniseries or a series?  If it is a series, then I am not sure someone who is now establishing himself as a movie star such as Henry would take that on.  If it is a miniseries, then I think we have a chance.  

Hi Gigi--

You make a good point.  I think that what would make it work for Henry is that he has already made a name for himself as Superman.  As a matter of fact, I wonder if taking on a romantic role wouldn't be a good thing so he doesn't get type cast as a superhero. And he is going to do MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.  Hugh Jackman really has diversified himself and I don't think anyone would identify him as only a superhero.  Broadway, leading man. To be Gideon, Henry would have to really show his stuff as an actor.  Yes, Gideon is uber se*ual, but he is a whole lot more.  I think that is his allure.  

Do we know if CROSSFIRE will be a miniseries or a series?  If it is a series, then I am not sure someone who is now establishing himself as a movie star such as Henry would take that on.  If it is a miniseries, then I think we have a chance.  

My thoughts, it will be like Twilight, casting less known actors and if the series is done true to the books, they burn up the small screen.  And yes we would all love to see Henry become Gideon I doubt he will fit into Lionsgate's budget or his current movie making schedule :(

and can I just say that my comments about Liam were based on a shot in the movie with him dressed all in black with beautiful blue eyes, looking super sexy :) 

Hi Gigi--

Yes totally agree GLH and if the miniseries has the quality that premium channels are known for it would be a great way for an actor to showcase him or herself and at the same time not be considered a step down for them.

Yes totally agree GLH and if the miniseries has the quality that premium channels are known for it would be a great way for an actor to showcase him or herself and at the same time not be considered a step down for them.

At this point I just want book 4 and 5. I see Sylvia is on her way to Brazil and she has been traveling all summer and I think how will she ever have the time to listen to what Gideon is telling her and put it to paper!!! As Victor would say..."Cryin a river here"

At this point I just want book 4 and 5. I see Sylvia is on her way to Brazil and she has been traveling all summer and I think how will she ever have the time to listen to what Gideon is telling her and put it to paper!!! As Victor would say..."Cryin a river here"

Oh my word!  That is hillarious Sscrph!  :D

My thoughts, it will be like Twilight, casting less known actors and if the series is done true to the books, they burn up the small screen.  And yes we would all love to see Henry become Gideon I doubt he will fit into Lionsgate's budget or his current movie making schedule :(

and can I just say that my comments about Liam were based on a shot in the movie with him dressed all in black with beautiful blue eyes, looking super sexy :)

You are absolutely correct Fsumom, Liam Hemsworth definitely hits the mark as far as the aesthetic look of a "Gideon" character.  Every choice that people have suggested, are all potentially good ones.  The question will come down to price (actor's fees)  and whether said actor will be able to pull off the role.  :)

Hi Gigi--

Hi GLH,

You make many valid points as well.  You brought up a good example of Hugh Jackman and how his acting role choices have been very diverse. 

I don't know if the series is going to be a miniseries or a series.  Perhaps some of the other ladies in the forum might have more information about that.  HC has done a television miniseries before (The Tudors), so I don't think that it would be a stretch for him to do another one. I guess it will depend on how much of his acting stuff, the very handsome HC, will want to show his audience. ;)

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking of someone and I was wondering what you ladies think of Jack Wagner for the role of Christopher Vidal Sr.  I was looking at all the photo candidates for all of the other actors that have been suggested and I thought that maybe he might be suitable.  What does everyone think?

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking of someone and I was wondering what you ladies think of Jack Wagner for the role of Christopher Vidal Sr.  I was looking at all the photo candidates for all of the other actors that have been suggested and I thought that maybe he might be suitable.  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi I think Jack Wagner would be great; he would do a great job with quirky spectacles ...another Melrose Place vet!!

Well, Henry was not cast as CG.  What do you ladies think of the guy who was cast?  I know absolutely nothing about him other than I looked him up on Wikipedia and I couldn't believe that was who was cast.  ANYONE?

HI, I saw that too.  The guy is gonna need an extreme makeover to be CG, 'Ana' looks like ok (she's Don Johnson & Melanie Griffith daughter)   So wait and see how it goes :)

Well, Henry was not cast as CG.  What do you ladies think of the guy who was cast?  I know absolutely nothing about him other than I looked him up on Wikipedia and I couldn't believe that was who was cast.  ANYONE?

I think that the two actors that they cast will need some hollywood magic (like all actors and actresses do, to get into any character) but I think that they will both do fine.  He seems a little bigger physically than Christian was described and she obviously has the wrong color hair.  What boths me though is all the negative comments being made on facebook.  I realize that like all the characters in the books we read, we have a mental image of what they look like, but that doesn't give us the right to make personal attacks eithers. 

I am just excited to hear some info coming out about the movie, especially since it will be out in less than a year.  Now if we could just get the 4th Crossfire released, then MAYBE they can start working on the TV show :)

HI, I saw that too.  The guy is gonna need an extreme makeover to be CG, 'Ana' looks like ok (she's Don Johnson & Melanie Griffith daughter)   So wait and see how it goes :)

Well that girl certainly has two very talented parents, so hopefully their daughter will be able to act and do a good job.  You never know Fsumom.  I will think good thoughts for her.  :)

Saw that snippet also. But, I want to get Captivated by You snippets or even chapters.

I am starting to think that we may not see a snippet until after the Aftershock release.  I could and I hope I am wrong, but I am starting to get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach...  The crown jewel thus far is the Crossfire Series.  I couldn't see a publishing company marketing the advance release of one the most popular books this far in advance, when they have other titles to release, that do not have the same public following. 

Sylvia has just released Afterburn and Aftershock is to be released, but she also has the follow-up to All Revved Up (which is still to be released).  I would think that a publishing firm would try to generate as much interest in these series, as was generated for the Crossfire series.  What does everyone think? 

Hi Everyone,

Charlie Hunam (The Sons of Anarchy) will be Christian Grey.  His look is very rough and I am having a hard time picturing him as a very refined CG.  It will be interesting to see how Hollywood works its magic.

In response to Fsumom's posting, Dakota Johnson will be playing Anastasia Steele. 

GiGi  :)

Well that girl certainly has two very talented parents, so hopefully their daughter will be able to act and do a good job.  You never know Fsumom.  I will think good thoughts for her.  :)

If you look at Google images there are a few pictures of her as a brunette and in appearance I think she will be a great Ana; they must have both "aced " their auditions because neither of them were ever mentioned as front-runners ...what do you all think?