Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Given the latest controversy raging over Corrine -- did she or did she not know she was pregnant when she made that suicide attempt -- I'm hoping that Sylvia will tell us which was the case.

If Corrine honestly didn't know .... well, there's plenty the fandom already holds against the character, no need to add any more on.

On the other hand, if Corrine did know, then it makes the situation even more tragic -- that she would go to such an extreme -- and it also makes the case against Dr. Anne Lucas (if Lucas was the psychiatrist prescribing meds to Corrine) even more evil.

Just jesting. But I reckon she had to take up prostituting to pay her way, that's why she needs the security of money now.

I kinda always thought that she might have had resort to it.

I have a question that I hope wasn't asked before -- I have such a good time talking about your books and these characters here.  I thoroughly enjoy all the people I met on this site.  Sylvia did you ever expect your books would be analyzed as much as we do here?  Does it offend you that we are so often so far off from the story you have in your head?  I love that you surprise me when I'm sure I know what is going to happen and then you go a different way.

Love these books and characters.

Hello, Sylvia

I'm Andie. You can point your finger [preferably your index *wink*] at me for creating GidEva and GidEva X EVA. Hope you don't mind my "cerebrally humorous" way of thinking *grin*.

My question is:

How does this forum influence your writing?

Thank you.

Love you, Sylvia.

What does Gideon whisper to Eva? Sylvia wrote that all would be revealed in EWY. Then more people started whispering things that Eva didn't catch. Do we find out all the whispered conversations -maybe in book 4 for sure?

I read in anoither forum thread this same question and the answer was "Crossfire."  In EWY we learned that word is not only Eva's safeword, but is Gideon's word that shows how he feels about her.  We knew that he had a hard time with "I love you" because he had been loved before and what he and Eva have is so much more than that, so for him "Crossfire" is his word.

What does Gideon whisper to Eva? Sylvia wrote that all would be revealed in EWY. Then more people started whispering things that Eva didn't catch. Do we find out all the whispered conversations -maybe in book 4 for sure?

"crossfire"

If you re-'read EWY there are a few occasions where this happens..! :) Gideon wasn't able to say the words. " I Love You" to Eva as he didn't see the words were fit at the time so his word is Crossfire..!

"crossfire"

If you re-'read EWY there are a few occasions where this happens..! :) Gideon wasn't able to say the words. " I Love You" to Eva as he didn't see the words were fit at the time so his word is Crossfire..!

He was quietly moaning "Mrs. Crossfire"

(Couldn't resist ;) LOL)

Hi Peachies,

You come up with an interesting theory. Do you think that Detective Graves planted the evidence solely to protect her career because of her major screw up or do you think that something more may be going on? What do you think?

Originally yes... But then in my reread I began to think maybe Clancy was involved.

Clancy was my thought also as to who had covered up Gideon's crime. Each interaction he has with Eva seemed to me to have another clue toward this. His saying she was more than just a job to him. He stated that he was covering both Eva & Nathan. If he had a tracker planted on Eva it stands to reason that he was following Nathan, as planting a tracker on him would be difficult.

He also says that he was in service like his brother and sister but doesn't elaborate as to what agency he worked for.

He also said something like once Nathan's death was confirmed he killed the tracker on Eva. This statement is strange - like he already knew he was dead but waited for it to be confirmed or he was waiting for him to be killed - I don't know but it struck me as odd phrasing.

I think he saw Gideon either enter or leave Nathan's hotel, assumed Gideon had killed Nathan & entered the room to find a way to help. Removing the bracelet & taking copies of the photos to plant on someone plausible he knew (from other sources) would die soon.

Just thought of another thing... He also felt guilty that he had 'dropped the ball' so to speak when Nathan attacked Cary. He felt responsible for not protecting someone Eva cared for and I don't think he would want to make the same mistake again. Given Clancy knows the full history of Nathan and Eva (something Angus may or may not know) I don't believe he would have had any qualms about covering up Gideon's crime.

He might not have the same drive to commit the murder (if you know what I mean, he wouldn't just kill Nathan for appearing in NY and stalking someone he's hired to protect) but I think he would understand Gideon's motivation for doing so, and assist him in anyway possible if he realised what Gideon had just done.

In fact Eva asked him what he would do to protect his wife. His answer "what wouldn't I do?"

Just thought of another thing... He also felt guilty that he had 'dropped the ball' so to speak when Nathan attacked Cary. He felt responsible for not protecting someone Eva cared for and I don't think he would want to make the same mistake again. Given Clancy knows the full history of Nathan and Eva (something Angus may or may not know) I don't believe he would have had any qualms about covering up Gideon's crime.

He might not have the same drive to commit the murder (if you know what I mean, he wouldn't just kill Nathan for appearing in NY and stalking someone he's hired to protect) but I think he would understand Gideon's motivation for doing so, and assist him in anyway possible if he realised what Gideon had just done.

In fact Eva asked him what he would do to protect his wife. His answer "what wouldn't I do?"

I LOVED his answer to Eva

I read in anoither forum thread this same question and the answer was "Crossfire."  In EWY we learned that word is not only Eva's safeword, but is Gideon's word that shows how he feels about her.  We knew that he had a hard time with "I love you" because he had been loved before and what he and Eva have is so much more than that, so for him "Crossfire" is his word.

"crossfire"

I hate that I didn't catch that. LOL

I believe Gideon killed Nathan alone. Sylvia explained that perfectly clear in Reflected. Gideon didn't even get in Nathans room before stabbing him right through the heart the second he opened the door. But, someone had to give Gideon a hand after the fact. My bet is on Raul.

I believe Gideon killed Nathan alone. Sylvia explained that perfectly clear in Reflected. Gideon didn't even get in Nathans room before stabbing him right through the heart the second he opened the door. But, someone had to give Gideon a hand after the fact. My bet is on Raul.

It wasn't Raul.  In fact, I don't think it is anyone on Gideon's team or Gideon would know.  It has to be Clancy.  If it is someone else it will be another person trying to destroy/blackmail/whatever Gideon and/or Eva.

It wasn't Raul.  In fact, I don't think it is anyone on Gideon's team or Gideon would know.  It has to be Clancy.  If it is someone else it will be another person trying to destroy/blackmail/whatever Gideon and/or Eva.

I am hoping that it will be simple in the next book as I don't want any more drastic drama for our couple, I think they have had enough and are still going through enough.

:)

How about we all post one question to Sylvia, for when she gets back from Australia. Mine would be.

Was the shrink and doctorate, who tended to Elizabeth, Gideon and Chris, Anne Lucas and Hugh?

Why don't you put it in the questions to Sylvia thread, I had one in mind earlier today but I have completely forgotten, will have to go back over the posts from today so I can remember :P

Yes I agree it is either Clancy or an enemy...

Given the latest controversy raging over Corrine -- did she or did she not know she was pregnant when she made that suicide attempt -- I'm hoping that Sylvia will tell us which was the case.

If Corrine honestly didn't know .... well, there's plenty the fandom already holds against the character, no need to add any more on.

On the other hand, if Corrine did know, then it makes the situation even more tragic -- that she would go to such an extreme -- and it also makes the case against Dr. Anne Lucas (if Lucas was the psychiatrist prescribing meds to Corrine) even more evil.

I believe that EVA thinks that Corinne's suicide attempt was an attempt to get Gideon's attention... I do not think Corinne is mentally ill. I'm sure she was depressed that it wasn't working out with Gideon and Anne Lucas exploited that ... There are some antidepressant medications that actually list SUICIDE as an adverse effect.. Anne knew what she was doing...

I would like to ask Sylvia why Elizabeth Vidal aka MILFH touched Eva in that strange way at the Garden Party running her hands up and down Eva's arms like she wasn't real ... Who does that to someone they have just met for the first time?

I know-creepy right?

I have no triggers, but that would weird me out!