Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I really hope Corrine the character leaves the series forever very early in Book Four -- that Gideon finally washes his hands of her 100% including refusing to have any more contact with her.

Because any more contact isn't going to help and is going to make matters worse -- all the prior contact he had with her only served to make her even more desperate every time she spoke with him or saw him. It was fuel to the stalking fire.

He'd decided he never wanted to talk to her ever again as soon as Eva told him all about the stunt Corrine pulled at her apartment, trying to trick Eva into thinking Gideon had just f***** her inside and had also really had had a nooner with her (Corrine) the day after he learned she had moved back to New York.

But then she kept playing on the guilt, getting him to actually come over to her apartment twice in as many nights (the second night, he found out about the meds and immediately called JFG to come take over.) Lizzie guilt tripped him into going to the hospital, despite the fact he had NO business being there.

I want to sit down with the guy as a friend like Maggie and lecture him for his own good, "Just say NO Gideon. She's not your responsibility. You cannot help her in any way -- all you can do is make matters worse by having any further contact whatsoever. Hurt yourself too, because every contact is going to leave you feeling guilty. Because she'll manipulate you every time. Her husband and/or her family needs to take care of her, as does a good psychiatrist. Go be with your wife, Eva, and don't look back. You deserve to be happy. Corrine can't give you that -- and all she has given you this summer is sheer misery."

I really hope Corrine the character leaves the series forever very early in Book Four -- that Gideon finally washes his hands of her 100% including refusing to have any more contact with her.

Because any more contact isn't going to help and is going to make matters worse -- all the prior contact he had with her only served to make her even more desperate every time she spoke with him or saw him. It was fuel to the stalking fire.

He'd decided he never wanted to talk to her ever again as soon as Eva told him all about the stunt Corrine pulled at her apartment, trying to trick Eva into thinking Gideon had just f***** her inside and had also really had had a nooner with her (Corrine) the day after he learned she had moved back to New York.

But then she kept playing on the guilt, getting him to actually come over to her apartment twice in as many nights (the second night, he found out about the meds and immediately called JFG to come take over.) Lizzie guilt tripped him into going to the hospital, despite the fact he had NO business being there.

I want to sit down with the guy as a friend like Maggie and lecture him for his own good, "Just say NO Gideon. She's not your responsibility. You cannot help her in any way -- all you can do is make matters worse by having any further contact whatsoever. Hurt yourself too, because every contact is going to leave you feeling guilty. Because she'll manipulate you every time. Her husband and/or her family needs to take care of her, as does a good psychiatrist. Go be with your wife, Eva, and don't look back. You deserve to be happy. Corrine can't give you that -- and all she has given you this summer is sheer misery."

I totally absolutely agree with you!!  :)

And so say all of us!!

What I found interesting about the physical description we have of Jean-Francois that he has jade green eyes and dark wavy hair (I take dark to mean brown). Gideon has, as we all know and dream about at night, vivid blue eyes and inky black curly hair.

So Corrine went for a guy with similar, though not exactly the same, hair as Gideon (a male brunette with curly texture) but went with a different eye color.

Does anyone think that Victor and Monica might get pregnant during their sex encounter in Eva's apartment?  Maybe a brother or sister for Eva?  Monica's not too old, I don't  think.   Then, Monica can leave Stanton and marry Victor.

What does everyone think?

OH NO! The horror! First there goes Monica's marriage, then Eva would go apeshit! I dont think that would happen, I seriously think it was a slip and yes Monica might have cheated on Stanton but the woman loves the security that marriage provides and would not leave him to go with Victor. Money wins in her situation. 

Does anyone think that Victor and Monica might get pregnant during their sex encounter in Eva's apartment?  Maybe a brother or sister for Eva?  Monica's not too old, I don't  think.   Then, Monica can leave Stanton and marry Victor.

Could you imagine it.

She could swap knitting patterns with Tat!

I think Monica definitely would be using birth control. She is still young enough to conceive. Stanton is older than her (how much, we don't know, but based on the physical description plus his professional standing, mid-50s or older is my guess) and I don't think he'd be keen on becoming the parent of a newborn at this stage in his life. Besides, given how paranoid Monica is over the safety of a grown child, I don't think she could handle an infant -- she'd be in a constant state of anxiety every waking minute.

OMG that's certainly a possibility I can only imagine how Monica will agonize over her perfect figure...

OMG that's certainly a possibility I can only imagine how Monica will agonize over her perfect figure...

The rest of the face ain't too bad either.

Do we know who he is, Sharon?

.No.  I was doing some research and this picture popped up.  The eyes drew me right in.  He is an actor or a model but I haven't had time to look for him, actually I'm not even sure how to set up the search.

Oh no I hope not besides that would take the story down a most bizarre path.  I guess the good thing is it would take the Crossfire series into more than 5 books.  No 6 would be Eva meeting her new sibling.

Oh no I hope not besides that would take the story down a most bizarre path.  I guess the good thing is it would take the Crossfire series into more than 5 books.  No 6 would be Eva meeting her new sibling.

Well Cary did ask Victor about having more children, when they had dinner.

I don't think she's pregnant. Or if she is, it's not Carys. As Eva says he normally so careful, given his sexual orientation. He can't afford slip ups! Literally!

I agree.  I don't think it's Cary's.  She just wants to cause trouble.  His career is coming up and his face is everywhere now.  She isn't.  She wants money.

But I think she will drag it till the end and make his life miserable in the meantime so he can lose Trey.  She might be doing it to get back at Eva.

I agree.  I don't think it's Cary's.  She just wants to cause trouble.  His career is coming up and his face is everywhere now.  She isn't.  She wants money.

But I think she will drag it till the end and make his life miserable in the meantime so he can lose Trey.  She might be doing it to get back at Eva.

That and as long as T.w.a.t.i.a.n.a. has access to Cary's apartment, she has access to his roommate Eva -- and more specifically, Eva's significant other, Gideon Cross. T.w.a.t. would love to be Gideon's Friend With Benefits.

She's in for a surprise - Cary and Eva aren't going to be roommates much longer. That's when we'll find out whether or not the pregnancy was a bluff - as soon as T.w.a.t. finds out Gideon won't be swinging by that apartment any more. And that Gideon is permanently off the market.

That and as long as T.w.a.t.i.a.n.a. has access to Cary's apartment, she has access to his roommate Eva -- and more specifically, Eva's significant other, Gideon Cross. T.w.a.t. would love to be Gideon's Friend With Benefits.

She's in for a surprise - Cary and Eva aren't going to be roommates much longer. That's when we'll find out whether or not the pregnancy was a bluff - as soon as T.w.a.t. finds out Gideon won't be swinging by that apartment any more. And that Gideon is permanently off the market.

And here in lies the reason Gideon would want those wedding photos to be public ; that is his way of dealing with jealous exes and wannabes , EVERYONE will know he AND Eva are off the market.

Hi Fsumom, 

Good point!  Personally, I don't think that Corinne knew about the pregnancy.  Even if she didn't love Jean Francois, I don't think that Corinne would purposely take medications or openly drink knowing that her unborn baby could wind up with very serious birth defects.

I also think that if Corinne were pregnant and was trying to pass this baby off, she would have a hard time of keeping Gideon if he bought her lie (for the sake of arguement) only to find out that her reckless lifestyle caused potentially severe birth defects to Gideon's offspring (wink).  It would surely be the end of her relationship.  What do you think?

LOL and the most important part of her scheme (?) Getting him to 'ride her bare back' when we know he NEVER did that except with Eva.  Of course he's not about to cheat of her either.  Sorry the Corrine Plan was doomed from the beginning.   :)

The Victor + Monica = Baby  idea did pop into my head.   But OMG Eva wouldn't be the only one going apeshit.  

I think we might need a list of all the sub-plots we are now following?  I did write down a timeline of events so I could remember when things happened but now thinking I should also be keeping track of all these sub-plots too  LOL 

The Victor + Monica = Baby  idea did pop into my head.   But OMG Eva wouldn't be the only one going apeshit.  

I think we might need a list of all the sub-plots we are now following?  I did write down a timeline of events so I could remember when theings happened but now thinking I should also be keeping track of all these sub-plots too  LOL

I think we need spreadsheets for this crew. My poor grey matter is taking a hammering!!! Lol