Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a question I keep wondering about. Why does Cary never have any money? I know someone says male models don't make nearly what female models make ( now there's a nice switch!) but if he's appearing in giant ads in Times Square and sides of busses, he must be pulling in a fair amount - even with time off after the beating. And he may not even be paying any rent. I expect he gets a deal on his clothes,too.

LOL and the most important part of her scheme (?) Getting him to 'ride her bare back' when we know he NEVER did that except with Eva.  Of course he's not about to cheat of her either.  Sorry the Corrine Plan was doomed from the beginning.   :)

The Corrine plan was always doomed from the start. Just because she schemed to trick Gideon into thinking he'd impregnated her doesn't mean it would actually ever work. But like she was fooling herself about a lot of other things, she'd probably fooled herself into thinking she could get him to engage in unprotected sex. Or even claim that even with the condom, she got pregnant anyway.

Condoms aren't 100% effective. An article I read on Wikipedia cited a 2% average failure rate even if a couple uses them every single time. No method of birth control short of abstinence is 100% effective.

So there would be a reason for Corrine to stay pregnant for the time being -- so she could show Gideon a home pregnancy test wand proving she was pregnant, then tell him he's the only one she had sex with, and .... voila. Instant engagement and his help in doing whatever he could to speed along the already-in-progress divorce proceedings in France.

Dumb and desperate.

Does anyone think that Victor and Monica might get pregnant during their sex encounter in Eva's apartment?  Maybe a brother or sister for Eva?  Monica's not too old, I don't  think.   Then, Monica can leave Stanton and marry Victor.

What does everyone think?

I really hope not. I don't want Victor and Monica together!

The Victor + Monica = Baby  idea did pop into my head.   But OMG Eva wouldn't be the only one going apeshit.  

I think we might need a list of all the sub-plots we are now following?  I did write down a timeline of events so I could remember when things happened but now thinking I should also be keeping track of all these sub-plots too  LOL

I'm sorry but the Victor/Monica/Baby Scenario makes me want to vomit... :( :(

I totally absolutely agree with you!!  :)

I hope The Corinne situation isn't even revisited in Book 4 . Maybe Book 4 will begin with the wedding say some 4 months later and we will just hear about what happened to Corinne in passing but not in any great detail end of story...

I hope The Corinne situation isn't even revisited in Book 4 . Maybe Book 4 will begin with the wedding say some 4 months later and we will just hear about what happened to Corinne in passing but not in any great detail end of story...

Me too I am so done with Corrine, what more is there to say??  :)

Hi Gigi

Eva mentioned what he looked like while waiting for Gideon page 159 Entwined. :) how sad am I

Eva googles a picture of him right before she goes to pick up Victor at the airport before she meets Gideon at the apartment...

Hi Julie & Sscrph, 

Wouldn't that blow Corinne's supposed switch the "baby daddy" out of the water?  Jean Francois has green eyes, and Gideon's are blue.  Jean Francois has dark wavy hair, but Sylvia didn't say that it was black, ink, or obsidian like Gideon's.  Isn't that a huge risk or gamble to take?  How would Corinne explain those discrepencies to Gideon if she managed to convince him that he fathered the baby?  What do you ladies think?

Good point GiGi but that being said... Corinne is going to have a tough road ahead knowing that her ridiculous behavior concerning Gideon cost her a child and probably her marriage...now that is a reason to be depressed not the loss of potentially being Mrs. Gideon Cross...

Hi Sscrph, 

You make several good points.  I think that Corinne will screwed up for a long time to come.  She lost a baby she didn't know about, and lost the man whom she held false illusions about.  Holy cow!  That woman is going to be in therapy for years to come. 

I don't know about Jean Francois though.  Time will tell if he really loves her or if he chooses to love her. It is always easy to love someone when they are good, but will he honour his vows; for better or WORSE, in SICKNESS and in health?  If Jean Francois loves his wife, I hope so. 

Does anyone think that Victor and Monica might get pregnant during their sex encounter in Eva's apartment?  Maybe a brother or sister for Eva?  Monica's not too old, I don't  think.   Then, Monica can leave Stanton and marry Victor.

What does everyone think?

Hi Barbiemitch,

I absolutely love that idea!!!  That would be hilarious!!!  Like it or not Monica would have to decide whether money is the only thing stopping her from being with Victor.  Oh the irony of it all!!!  Great idea!!  :)  :)  :)

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about what Eva said to Stanton when she met him for lunch in his office.  Stanton enables Monica to act irrationally, thereby helping her to remain ill.  I don’t think that’s love.  It is almost like a codependent relationship that has had devastating effects on Monica and Eva’s relationship.  How is that a good relationship for either Monica or Stanton?  What does everyone think?

Hi Barbiemitch,

I absolutely love that idea!!!  That would be hilarious!!!  Like it or not Monica would have to decide whether money is the only thing stopping her from being with Victor.  Oh the irony of it all!!!  Great idea!!  :)  :)  :)

Hi Gigi

But Monica s rich in her own right now. But is what she has, enough?

Hi Gigi

But Monica s rich in her own right now. But is what she has, enough?

Hi Julie, 

Monica was two million dollars richer courtesy of Mr. Barker two plus husbands ago.  She could have gone to Victor, told him everything and then kissed and made up then, but she didn't.  Why?  How much money is enough for Monica to feel secure?  There has to be something more to this storyline.

That's why I would love a real plot twist of Monica becoming pregnant by Victor again!  Would Monica choose a man who didn't really make huge sums of money (by previous husband standards) and choose love or would she walk once again?  What a question, don't you think? 

Would Monica be alright wih the idea of being the main bread winner in the family or would she require someone who had more money than her?   Ohhh....now I am getting excited!  :)  :)  Bring on the fourth book!!  I am all ears!!  :)  :)  :)

OH NO! The horror! First there goes Monica's marriage, then Eva would go apeshit! I dont think that would happen, I seriously think it was a slip and yes Monica might have cheated on Stanton but the woman loves the security that marriage provides and would not leave him to go with Victor. Money wins in her situation. 

Hi Claudine,

Wouldn’t you just love the irony of that kind of situation?  Not once, but twice did Ms. Monica get knocked up by the same man…gasp!! :)  :)

LOL and the most important part of her scheme (?) Getting him to 'ride her bare back' when we know he NEVER did that except with Eva.  Of course he's not about to cheat of her either.  Sorry the Corrine Plan was doomed from the beginning.   :)

Hi Fsumom,

I agree.  The only way a plan like that could possibly have worked is if Corinne poked holes in the "condoms" before hand.  I personally don't think that she would have gotten away with it (if that was her intent).  Gideon and Jean Francois don't look exactly the same.  Gideon's eyes are blue, Jean Francois' are green (jade)...HUGE DIFFERENCE n'est pas?  :)

I agree.  I don't think it's Cary's.  She just wants to cause trouble.  His career is coming up and his face is everywhere now.  She isn't.  She wants money.

But I think she will drag it till the end and make his life miserable in the meantime so he can lose Trey.  She might be doing it to get back at Eva.

Hi Rosie363, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)