Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I dont think Anne was getting revenge on Gideon for Hugh.

I dont think Lucas ever told her of what Hugh did, and why in the world would one want to have an affair with the man your brother abused... Too close for comfort... just wrong.

Plus I dont think Hugh would've told her that Gideon approached him in regards to the abuse.

Lastly, in general I doubt the family knows the real reason why Hugh committed suicide so the revenge there is unjustified. 

Lucas hates him because he had an affair with his wife, not because Gideon is the "cause" of Hugh's suicide. So revenge for the suicide is HIGHLY unlikely coming from both Lucas and Anne.

That is what I thought fluffy

It worries me that Anne "picked up" Cary at that event. In high society circles, everyone knows he's close to Eva and Eva's parents. Some suspect wrongly (based on tabloid gossip) they have been more than friends in the past.

So Anne ephs with Eva's mind and tries to literally eph a man (Cary) who possibly had been Eva's lover earlier this summer, and if he had been, then there may be some sort of Cary-Eva-Gideon love triangle going on.

Scary.

Wow I never thought of her strategically choosing Cary at the event...

It worries me that Anne "picked up" Cary at that event. In high society circles, everyone knows he's close to Eva and Eva's parents. Some suspect wrongly (based on tabloid gossip) they have been more than friends in the past.

So Anne ephs with Eva's mind and tries to literally eph a man (Cary) who possibly had been Eva's lover earlier this summer, and if he had been, then there may be some sort of Cary-Eva-Gideon love triangle going on.

Scary.

Ok. Now Eva and Gideon know Anne is stirring up trouble, this will put them on alert, surely. Gideon now knows that ignoring Anne like Deanna is not going to work.

If she is treating Lizzy still, she(Anne) could get to Eva though Lizzy. On the pretext of helping Gideon recover.

Of the four occasions Eva has met Lizzy, 1 was a meet and greet, 3 were hostile meetings. Lizzy personality changed drastically from their first meeting. Change of drugs?

Is this poor couple ever going to get a break?

Deranged Dr

Suicidal ex

Randy rock star

Desperate journalist

Jealous and bitter brother

Self absorbed mother- Eva

Insane step brother

Heartless unbelieving mother-Gideon

Spineless paediatrician

Anyone else I forgot?

Hi Julie

I'd say only Peg-Leg Pete and the Beagle Boys are missing!!!!!!!!

Gideon's and Eva's love must be really strong to survive all kinds of enemies. I'd like them to make as many allies as they can get in the forthcoming books. An army of friends who can deflect any possible harm coming to our dear young couple. Where can I enlist???  I have already ironed my uniform!! :ph34r:

Hi Julie

I'd say only Peg-Leg Pete and the Beagle Boys are missing!!!!!!!!

Gideon's and Eva's love must be really strong to survive all kinds of enemies. I'd like them to make as many allies as they can get in the forthcoming books. An army of friends who can deflect any possible harm coming to our dear young couple. Where can I enlist???  I have already ironed my uniform!! :ph34r:

Hi Gabri

Huh! They need a posse of ninjas to protect them. Just like your one!

I'm thinking Angus might have to use that gun. It is mentioned a few times.

Everyone believed that Gideon had left Eva as soon as Corinne became available again. Heck, Eva believed it at first. So If Anne is targeting the woman in Gideon's life, it would be easy to see why see went after Corinne. And maybe Elizabeth had mentioned to Anne that Gideon had asked for her wedding ring (if that is where he got it) assuming he was going to propose to Corinne.  I know it's a reach but that is half the fun!  ;)

Strange how Anne picked Corrine to use as collateral damage in Anne's apparent plan to get revenge on Gideon, while Deanna picked Eva to attempt to use as collateral damage in Deanna's definite plan to seek revenge against Gideon.

I think each villainess chose her victim because the victim got from Gideon something that the Gideon refused to give the villainess.

Deanna:

What she wanted: hot passion from Gideon, wanted to thaw The Iceman. Also probably craved social standing -- a freelance journalist drawn to high society, possibly husband-hunting in society circles where extremely eligible bachelors could be found. 

What Deanna got: being treated like a call girl that didn't even get paid -- or even properly laid. Coitus interuptus: Gideon decided taking a business telephone call mattered more than finishing the f***** in progress. He told Deanna to leave. And it's apparent he's shunned her since.

What Eva actually got: The social standing on the red carpet as Gideon's Cross' date -- and -- made hot news in two public incidents caught on camera (sidewalk kiss, Bryant Park kiss-and-make-up) that proved Gideon was seriously hot for Eva sexually.

But then: Eva apparently got thrown onto the reject pile too, Deanna thought -- and so Deanna tried to prey on the possibility her victim, Eva, was as angry as Deanna herself.

Anne:

What she wanted: to successfully chase Gideon Cross down. To have Gideon rejoice at her leaving Terry, welcoming her with open arms in front of the world as his lover. Maybe even more than that -- make Anne his wife after her divorce went through? (Delusional) 

What she got: sent back to her own husband as damaged goods and shunned socially since then

What Corrine (apparently) got: successfully chased Gideon Cross down. Gideon rejoicing she left Jean-Francois, welcoming her with open arms publicly as his lover, likely destined to become his wife once the divorce went through.

But then: Corrine ultimately got her heart broken by Gideon too -- and so Anne apparently preyed on the fact Corrine was as devastated as she (Anne) must have been being hurt by Gideon.

So true unfortunately I think the mention of the gun is foreshadowing...

I once read a piece of advice a successful author gave aspiring authors. I cannot for the life of me remember which author it was, but I clearly remember the advice: "Never introduce a weapon into a story unless you plan to use it."

Repeatedly, it's been noted that both Angus and Clancy carry firearms. Thus far, one weapon has been used in the story: a knife, because Nathan was stabbed to death. Is someone getting shot before this is over?

I once read a piece of advice a successful author gave aspiring authors. I cannot for the life of me remember which author it was, but I clearly remember the advice: "Never introduce a weapon into a story unless you plan to use it."

Repeatedly, it's been noted that both Angus and Clancy carry firearms. Thus far, one weapon has been used in the story: a knife, because Nathan was stabbed to death. Is someone getting shot before this is over?

Could this end up being tied to the Russian mob twist???

Is this poor couple ever going to get a break?

Deranged Dr

Suicidal ex

Randy rock star

Desperate journalist

Jealous and bitter brother

Self absorbed mother- Eva

Insane step brother

Heartless unbelieving mother-Gideon

Spineless paediatrician

Anyone else I forgot?

What about jealous and conniving bestfriend's girlfriend - that may be moving in?

I was actually wondering about Dr Anne Lucas as where I am listening to the Audio again, I am at the part where Gideon tells Eva about his abuser and said "It was not until I met you that I understood" "Dr Lucas loved his wife as much I love you and he would do anything for her, forgive her cheating and hide what her brother did to save her the embarassment of knowing what he did" 

This statement from Gideon actually made me wonder if in fact Anne did know what her brother did as if Terry is hiding it from her how would she know.

Hi Sheens263, 

What would Dr. Terry Lucas have to hide if he never saw any physical evidence when he examined Gideon for se***l abuse.  That doesn't make sense.  Why would he have to worry about keeping anything from Anne.  He could honestly say to her that he never saw any signs of se****l abuse (in response to one of the theories).   What do you think?  How do you think this played out? 

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to clarify that a person does NOT need to be PSYCHOTIC or HAVE a psychotic BREAK in order to attempt suicide.  One only needs to be suffering from SEVERE DEPRESSION.  Let's not confuse two separate mental issues here.  Thanks.

GiGi

I think its really a bit of both. Wanting to die because they just cant deal with things anymore, and really just trying to get attention. Ive seen the latter happen. Yes her dosage and the drugs she was taken probably made her very mentally unstable. But I think she was so emotionally distraught after being told of the engagement that she didnt want to live but also she couldve done it to get the attention. As a final shot of making gideon realize that by almost losing her that he couldnt live without her (I hope that makes sense... he wording isnt great lol). The two are plausible.

Hi Claudine, 

I read your comments and I can completely respect where you are coming from.  I think at the end of the day, we know that Corinne was depressed, was becoming unstable because of her crying fits (as mentioned by Gideon when confronted by Eva about the situation), and then her attempted suicide.

I don't know what this character was thinking, I only know what Sylvia wrote and it was written that Corinne swallowed an entire bottle of pills.  According to mental health standards  CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Research), Corinne's suicide attempt would have been classified as a serious attempt.  It doesn't seem like an attention getting scheme (like say swallowing 5-10 pills).  I think that maybe Corinne lost all hope in life and couldn't see any other reason to live.

I don't know what your specialty is per say (in this field), so I called CAMH a leading Hospital in Canada that specializes and deals with various mental illnesses and addictions only.  As it was explained to me by CAMH, a person can't be severely depressed (as it seems that Corinne became eventually), mentally unstable and also manipulative.  She wouldn't necessarily have the cognitive faculties to do both (she would have to be in charge of her faculties in order to manipulate).   When one talks about the level of depression that Corinne seemed to be suffering from, it would be difficult to believe that she would able to see past herself and her situation (which would have been utterly hopeless in her eyes).   

I would be all ears to hear about your perspective on this situation.  I can only say from mine, that when people I knew who tried to kill themselves, didn't do it for attention, they tried to kill themselves because they were severely depressed and didn't honestly think that anything would change for the better.  What do you think?  What have your experiences been with situations like this?

No man, not even Gideon, is worth attempting suicide for. I think that the severe condition of Corinne's depression is medicine induced. Anne Lucas has to be very proud of herself, very proud indeed.

Hi Gabri, 

I agree!  It doesn't matter how Corinne started off; mean, spitefull or such.  What matters is that she made a serious attempt at killing herself.  She is going to have to deal with all of the fallout as a result (realizing that she may have thrown away her marriage and that she miscarried her unborn baby).

If Anne Lucas was responsible for this entire scenario, then she needs to pay.  I suspect that she will end up paying dearly for her actions (if Gideon and Eva have anything to say about the situation)! 

I dont think Anne was getting revenge on Gideon for Hugh.

I dont think Lucas ever told her of what Hugh did, and why in the world would one want to have an affair with the man your brother abused... Too close for comfort... just wrong.

Plus I dont think Hugh would've told her that Gideon approached him in regards to the abuse.

Lastly, in general I doubt the family knows the real reason why Hugh committed suicide so the revenge there is unjustified. 

Lucas hates him because he had an affair with his wife, not because Gideon is the "cause" of Hugh's suicide. So revenge for the suicide is HIGHLY unlikely coming from both Lucas and Anne. 

Hi Claudine, 

I just wanted to ask a quick question.  I have asked in in other threads and no one has answered but maybe you can take a crack at it and help me understand.  The latest theory is that Dr. Lucas covered up Gideon's abuse and that there was no physical evidence when he examined Gideon.

Well if there was no physical abuse, what would Dr. Lucas have to hide?  He didn't see anything and therefore the claims and allegations would have been unfounded.  What the heck would Dr. Lucas care about Gideon claims if he didn't see abuse.  His nurse would have been able to testify to those fact confidently and clearly.  He could have also sent Gideon to be examined by another pediatrician with confidence because there was nothing!  So again, what is there to cover up?  He wouldn't have to worry about documenting his findings in Gideon's chart so again I ask what the big deal is? 

Why would Dr. Lucas care one way or another if Gideon was lying as a child?  Can you please explain this to be because this theory makes absolutely no sense to me.  No evidence of abuse means that this man is in the clear and that his brother-in-law is in the clear and not a pedophile.  He wouldn't have to lie to his wife because he could put his hand on a bible (as well as the nurse) and state they never found anything!  Nada!  Nill!  Zilch!!  Help! :)

Hi Claudine, 

I read your comments and I can completely respect where you are coming from.  I think at the end of the day, we know that Corinne was depressed, was becoming unstable because of her crying fits (as mentioned by Gideon when confronted by Eva about the situation), and then her attempted suicide.

I don't know what this character was thinking, I only know what Sylvia wrote and it was written that Corinne swallowed an entire bottle of pills.  According to mental health standards  CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Research), Corinne's suicide attempt would have been classified as a serious attempt.  It doesn't seem like an attention getting scheme (like say swallowing 5-10 pills).  I think that maybe Corinne lost all hope in life and couldn't see any other reason to live.

I don't know what your specialty is per say (in this field), so I called CAMH a leading Hospital in Canada that specializes and deals with various mental illnesses and addictions only.  As it was explained to me by CAMH, a person can't be severely depressed (as it seems that Corinne became eventually), mentally unstable and also manipulative.  She wouldn't necessarily have the cognitive faculties to do both (she would have to be in charge of her faculties in order to manipulate).   When one talks about the level of depression that Corinne seemed to be suffering from, it would be difficult to believe that she would able to see past herself and her situation (which would have been utterly hopeless in her eyes).   

I would be all ears to hear about your perspective on this situation.  I can only say from mine, that when people I knew who tried to kill themselves, didn't do it for attention, they tried to kill themselves because they were severely depressed and didn't honestly think that anything would change for the better.  What do you think?  What have your experiences been with situations like this?

I have absolutely no expertise apart from being a student of psychology! I understand your view of the situation and I agree with what I put in bold letters. Yes she was depressed and the meds weren't helping at all. Since we see this through Eva's pov then we really dont know why Corinne did what she did until Eva knows it or SD tells us herself. 

Not to mention, Anne was married... who breaks their wedding vows to get revenge on someone? As I said before, there are other ways to get revenge on someone. I would assume a married woman would not automatically opt for the revenge ###### method without first trying another option.

Also she was going to leave her husband for Gideon and he rejected her. What was her plan? Where's the revenge?

Hi Rogue, 

You bring up some really good points. I never thought of that before, but it makes sense.  Thank you.

I have absolutely no expertise apart from being a student of psychology! I understand your view of the situation and I agree with what I put in bold letters. Yes she was depressed and the meds weren't helping at all. Since we see this through Eva's pov then we really dont know why Corinne did what she did until Eva knows it or SD tells us herself. 

Thank you for taking the time to add your two cents to this question.   I greatly appreciate it!  I really hope that Sylvia writes in a word or two to clear up this "mystery" and then I hope she writes another sentence or two about how Corinne gets released from the hospital and takes a one-way trip back to France with her husband.  :)