Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with your last statement. Her grudge is for being dumped not her brother's death. I dont think she would have known what led to her brother's death. 

Hi Claudine and Rogue, 

I agree with the last statement that you made Rogue.  I could totally see Anne seeking revenge for being dumped by Gideon.  She may also have felt humiliated because she was willing to leave her husband only to wind up with egg on her face and Gideon dumping her. 

Hi Claudine, 

I just wanted to ask a quick question.  I have asked in in other threads and no one has answered but maybe you can take a crack at it and help me understand.  The latest theory is that Dr. Lucas covered up Gideon's abuse and that there was no physical evidence when he examined Gideon.

Well if there was no physical abuse, what would Dr. Lucas have to hide?  He didn't see anything and therefore the claims and allegations would have been unfounded.  What the heck would Dr. Lucas care about Gideon claims if he didn't see abuse.  His nurse would have been able to testify to those fact confidently and clearly.  He could have also sent Gideon to be examined by another pediatrician with confidence because there was nothing!  So again, what is there to cover up?  He wouldn't have to worry about documenting his findings in Gideon's chart so again I ask what the big deal is? 

Why would Dr. Lucas care one way or another if Gideon was lying as a child?  Can you please explain this to be because this theory makes absolutely no sense to me.  No evidence of abuse means that this man is in the clear and that his brother-in-law is in the clear and not a pedophile.  He wouldn't have to lie to his wife because he could put his hand on a bible (as well as the nurse) and state they never found anything!  Nada!  Nill!  Zilch!!  Help! :)

He claims there was no physical evidence. As a pediatrician I think he would know what would constitute as normal behavior for a child. I guess the real missing puzzle piece here is how he found out about Hugh if Lucas wasn't lying about there being no physical evidence. Because if there truly was no physical evidence then how would Lucas know of what Hugh was doing. Now... if Gideon told Lucas that is was Hugh who has abusing him then I see Lucas claiming that Gideon is lying and there is no physical evidence. Gideon said Lucas lied and that he could understand why a doctor would lie, which means that Lucas knew something was up. 

Also he could've seen sings of abuse... but how would he have known that it was Hugh... unless he saw it with his own two eyes or if Gideon told him. He had to find out some how in order to protect his brother in law.

I hope others are able to answer your question as well, I bet someone can do a better job of explaining lol 

Good evening from England

Just a thought, if Anne was one of the two women she mentioned at the end of Entwined, suffering from depression, would she be able to carry on practicing?

Hi Julie, 

I think it would depend on whether Anne Lucas was able to carry out her professional medical duties.  If she was having a difficult time performing her duties, then I am sure she would have sought out professional help before complaints from patients and such.

If she was extremely depressed or suicidal, then she most likely wouldn't have been able to continue to actively treat patients.  She wouldn't necessarily be capable of performing basic daily functions like bathing, sleeping, eating properly and such.  It would depend on whether Anne Lucas would have the self awareness of not to realize that she was clinically depressed and whether she sought out treatment. 

He claims there was no physical evidence. As a pediatrician I think he would know what would constitute as normal behavior for a child. I guess the real missing puzzle piece here is how he found out about Hugh if Lucas wasn't lying about there being no physical evidence. Because if there truly was no physical evidence then how would Lucas know of what Hugh was doing. Now... if Gideon told Lucas that is was Hugh who has abusing him then I see Lucas claiming that Gideon is lying and there is no physical evidence. Gideon said Lucas lied and that he could understand why a doctor would lie, which means that Lucas knew something was up.

Also he could've seen sings of abuse... but how would he have known that it was Hugh... unless he saw it with his own two eyes or if Gideon told him. He had to find out some how in order to protect his brother in law.

I hope others are able to answer your question as well, I bet someone can do a better job of explaining lol

Hi Claudine,
I just wanted to say, thank you for explaining the lastest theory for me. I have been having a hard time time trying to link all of the missing pieces (what, who, when, where and why) and I just haven't been able to do so.

So I think for me (as a result of not being able to link all of the pieces together), that theory is bunk, (i.e. it isn't true). I think that Dr. Lucas did see physical signs of abuse and that he covered up said abuse by "lying and saying that he didn't see anything". Nothing else seems to make sense. I would be absolutely sure that a pediatrician, MD, nurse, or other healthcare professional would ask who would do this to you. I could see Gideon saying something, Dr. Lucas's face dropping and the cover up beginning. I don't know that for a fact, so I can only speculate at this point. Gideon most likely wouldn't have known that Hugh was Dr. Lucas's brother-in-law and he may only have known him as Hugh.

If Dr. Lucas did a little investigating, he may have found out on his own (or through dinner chat with his wife that she and her brother were treating Elizabeth Vidal and Gideon Cross) that his brother-in-law was a pedophile and maybe that's when he decided to keep this information from his wife. Maybe in keeping that secret from his wife, Dr. Lucas started to distance himself from her because of misplaced disgust or fear that if he got too close to his wife that he would end up telling her about her brother. Who knows?

I just can't see someone; a pediatrician going out of their way to lie when there would be absolutely no reason to lie.Do you know what I mean? Thanks for the discussion.

Hi Julie

I'd say only Peg-Leg Pete and the Beagle Boys are missing!!!!!!!!

Gideon's and Eva's love must be really strong to survive all kinds of enemies. I'd like them to make as many allies as they can get in the forthcoming books. An army of friends who can deflect any possible harm coming to our dear young couple. Where can I enlist???  I have already ironed my uniform!! :ph34r:

Hi Gabri, 

Who is "Peg-Leg Pete" and the "Beagle Boys"?  Now I am curious! :)

Hi Claudine,

I just wanted to say, thank you for explaining the lastest theory for me. I have been having a hard time time trying to link all of the missing pieces (what, who, when, where and why) and I just haven't been able to do so.

So I think for me (as a result of not being able to link all of the pieces together), that theory is bunk, (i.e. it isn't true). I think that Dr. Lucas did see physical signs of abuse and that he covered up said abuse by "lying and saying that he didn't see anything". Nothing else seems to make sense. I would be absolutely sure that a pediatrician, MD, nurse, or other healthcare professional would ask who would do this to you. I could see Gideon saying something, Dr. Lucas's face dropping and the cover up beginning. I don't know that for a fact, so I can only speculate at this point. Gideon most likely wouldn't have known that Hugh was Dr. Lucas's brother-in-law and he may only have known him as Hugh.

If Dr. Lucas did a little investigating, he may have found out on his own (or through dinner chat with his wife that she and her brother were treating Elizabeth Vidal and Gideon Cross) that his brother-in-law was a pedophile and maybe that's when he decided to keep this information from his wife. Maybe in keeping that secret from his wife, Dr. Lucas started to distance himself from her because of misplaced disgust or fear that if he got too close to his wife that he would end up telling her about her brother. Who knows?

I just can't see someone; a pediatrician going out of their way to lie when there would be absolutely no reason to lie.Do you know what I mean? Thanks for the discussion.

I completely understand. He must've found out somehow because he had no reason to lie unless he knew it was Hugh. Oh and it's interesting how you said that maybe he distanced himself from his wife... Do you think this is why she ended up being unfaithful?

Hi Sheens263, 

What would Dr. Terry Lucas have to hide if he never saw any physical evidence when he examined Gideon for se***l abuse.  That doesn't make sense.  Why would he have to worry about keeping anything from Anne.  He could honestly say to her that he never saw any signs of se****l abuse (in response to one of the theories).   What do you think?  How do you think this played out? 

I really don't know what to think with this one, I just thought the way Gideon had said that part about Lucas hiding it from Anne meant that Anne didn't know about it but I suppose we shall have to wait and see in Book 4

I completely understand. He must've found out somehow because he had no reason to lie unless he knew it was Hugh. Oh and it's interesting how you said that maybe he distanced himself from his wife... Do you think this is why she ended up being unfaithful?

Hi Claudine, 

I get where you are coming from.  I think for me, Dr. Lucas starting lying the moment he saw the physical signs of se**l abuse.  I think that his decision was clinched the moment Gideon confirmed that "Mr. Hugh" was the person who was abusing him.  I could see Gideon potentially opening up to Dr. Lucas because thus far, his mother had perhaps somewhat believed Gideon enough that she took him to someone who would potentially be able to help him and stop the abuse.  I think that in those moments Gideon would have been very trusting of those two.

I think that the damage came after he left the exam room and Dr. Lucas lied to Elizabeth Vidal.  He lied to Gideon's mother and in an instant Gideon knew that Dr. Lucas didn't believe him and that his mother thought he was a liar.  Those two incidents would have completely pulled the rug out from under Gideon's legs.

Maybe Gideon begged his mom, telling her that he wasn't lying and she took him to another pediatrician and the same results occurred, in which case Gideon got permanently branded as a liar.  I am not sure about how a scenario would play out exactly .  I would have to think about it a little more before I can speculate any further.

I think that Dr. Lucas covered up the abuse and was probably horrified by what he saw during Gideon's examination.  I think that he might have been just so sick about what he saw, that he inadvertently distanced himself from Anne.  He probably wouldn't have wanted to be the one to tell his wife that her brother was a sick pedophile and so he became stuck.  He lied so his license would be on the line now and he can't tell his wife because of how she might react so what does he do.  He ignores the problem and by proxy ignores his wife. 

It could very well be that Dr. Lucas started throwing himself into his work because he didn't want to deal with his wife or her family.  It could have been one of the reasons that the Lucas's marriage hit the skids and Anne went looking elsewhere.  I am not sure, this is strictly speculation at this point.  I have to think about that a little more before I can commit to something definitively.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I really don't know what to think with this one, I just thought the way Gideon had said that part about Lucas hiding it from Anne meant that Anne didn't know about it but I suppose we shall have to wait and see in Book 4

Hi Sheens, 

It will be interesting to see how this storyline plays out.  Let's hope we get the fourth book well before Christmas.  Fingers crossed here. :)

Hi Sheens, 

It will be interesting to see how this storyline plays out.  Let's hope we get the fourth book well before Christmas.  Fingers crossed here. :)

Well I think if SD had anything to do with it she will especially going by her interview :)

Hi Claudine,

I read your comments and I can completely respect where you are coming from. I think at the end of the day, we know that Corinne was depressed, was becoming unstable because of her crying fits (as mentioned by Gideon when confronted by Eva about the situation), and then her attempted suicide.

I don't know what this character was thinking, I only know what Sylvia wrote and it was written that Corinne swallowed an entire bottle of pills. According to mental health standards CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Research), Corinne's suicide attempt would have been classified as a serious attempt. It doesn't seem like an attention getting scheme (like say swallowing 5-10 pills). I think that maybe Corinne lost all hope in life and couldn't see any other reason to live.

I don't know what your specialty is per say (in this field), so I called CAMH a leading Hospital in Canada that specializes and deals with various mental illnesses and addictions only. As it was explained to me by CAMH, a person can't be severely depressed (as it seems that Corinne became eventually), mentally unstable and also manipulative. She wouldn't necessarily have the cognitive faculties to do both (she would have to be in charge of her faculties in order to manipulate). When one talks about the level of depression that Corinne seemed to be suffering from, it would be difficult to believe that she would able to see past herself and her situation (which would have been utterly hopeless in her eyes).

I would be all ears to hear about your perspective on this situation. I can only say from mine, that when people I knew who tried to kill themselves, didn't do it for attention, they tried to kill themselves because they were severely depressed and didn't honestly think that anything would change for the better. What do you think? What have your experiences been with situations like this?

Hi Gigi,

If your contact said that Corinne could not be both severely depressed and manipulative, I think we need to assume that she was not severely depressed but mentally unstable instead.

Just a few days (maybe a week tops) before the suicide attempt Corinne tries several manipulative stunts with Gideon. Crying on the phone, trying to guilt him into seeing her.

Calling repeatedly, both him and his family, for the aame reason.

And the biggest one of all, when she shows up at his office to force him to see her, she tries to kiss him to manipulate Eva into thinking Gideon is with her and to play on her insecurities.

If someone with severe depression is not capable of manipulation, Corinne is not severely depressed. She is the queen of manipulative stunts.

I personally think her suicide attempt was another manipulation to get Gideon back to her side. I get what you are saying about her swallowing an entire bottle of pills but...

It doesnt actually say the word entire. Now this may be me being pernickety but I think this is more just a "turn of phrase". What I mean is, when Eva asks what happened, Gideon doesnt say Corinne attempted suicide, he implies it by saying she swallowed a bottle of pills. That doesnt mean she actually swallowed the whole bottle though.

Do you get what I mean?

Hi Gigi,

If your contact said that Corinne could not be both severely depressed and manipulative, I think we need to assume that she was not severely depressed but mentally unstable instead.

Just a few days (maybe a week tops) before the suicide attempt Corinne tries several manipulative stunts with Gideon. Crying on the phone, trying to guilt him into seeing her.

And the biggest one of all, when she shows up at his office to force him to see her, she tries to kiss him to manipulate Eva into thinking Gideon is with her and to play on her insecurities.

If someone with severe depression is not capable of manipulation, Corinne is not severely depressed. She is the queen of manipulative stunts.

I personally think her suicide attempt was another manipulation to get Gideon back to her side. I get what you are saying about her swallowing an entire bottle of pills but...

It doesnt actually say the word entire. Now this may be me being pernickety but I think this is more just a "turn of phrase". What I mean is, when Eva asks what happened, Gideon doesnt say Corinne attempted suicide, he implies it by saying she swallowed a bottle of pills. That doesnt mean she actually swallowed the whole bottle though.

Do you get what I mean?

Hi Rogue, 

I completely understand what you mean.  I can also understand where you are coming from.  Corinne absolutely had a miserable past.  She was mean and cruel and thoughtless and heartless when it came to Eva and Gideon on so many occassions and nothing can excuse that.

From the conversation that I had with  CAMH, it wouldn't be possible for a person who was severely depressed to also be manipulative.  A severely depressed person can't see past themselves and their circumstances.  Healthcare providers often times have a hard time reaching these individuals because they can't see past their terrible circumstances or their depression.  Depression can be described like being a thick heavy fog, you can see anything in front of you.  So it would be difficult to see that said person would overcome their problem (or most often crisis) and that life will go on and that things will get better. 

I think that when Corinne showed up at Gideon's office, she was absolutely desperate.  I think that the walls were closing in on her and she was quickly realizing that she was losing Gideon.  Little did she know that she  had already lost him.  Gideon had already stopped returning her phone calls which would have made her panic and maybe also created more depression.  If you couple that with Corinne having an adverse reaction to her medication, then it was like a firestorm waiting to happen.

Nothing is mentioned as to which pills Corinne was taking for her depression, but it is clear that she had a severe negative reaction to them.  I had mentioned in an earlier post that some of the potential side effects of either taking anti-depressants or stopping them too rapidly, could cause suicidal tendencies/thoughts or actions.  If you couple that with the fact that Corinne found out about the engagement then that could have pushed her over the edge.  

Swallowing a bottle of pills will cause damage to a person's liver, kidneys and also potentially affect their lungs and heart.   When a suicide attempt is made by pills, the liver develops what is known as a memory.  Said person would never ever be able to take that same medication again, because it could potentially kill them.  The liver won't necessarily recognize that there is only one pill being taken and not dozens.  The kidneys also get overdosed when trying to clean the blood and help produce the urine (from all the pills).  Medications are administered to help minimize the damaging effects of the pills but sometimes that isn't enough. 

You are correct in that the word "entire" was not used. It said that she swallowed a bottle of pills.  From my perspective, it means the entire bottle. The point is, at the end of the day, if someone actually goes through with a suicide attempt, they are not mentally well.  No person in their mind would ever swallow a bottle of pills to get back at someone (no sane rational person anyway).

I guess for me, whether Corinne was manipulative or not doesn't really matter at the end of the day.  She made a serious suicide attempt.  Serious enough that she was either not consciene at some point or that she may have even stopped breathing.  She suffered a miscarriage as a result and that is a very serious side effect as a result of her actions.  She is in the hospital recovering and will then be transferred to the psychiatric ward where she will probably spend the next several weeks trying to figure out her life and sort out her problems.

If her depression was medically induced then that's even more sad.  The book mentioned that Corinne sought help for her depression and that to me is a woman who wants to get help.   I know that I my theory may not be too popular, and that's ok.  This one time, I will give Corinne the benefit of the doubt on this one.  I think that she was mentally ill when she tried to kill herself.  I don't think that she was thinking about anything other than the fact that she no longer wanted to live.

Every person that I have known either professionally or personally who has attempted suicide, not one of them ever did it for revenge or for manipulation.  All them couldn't see past their pain or their circumstances.  They lost hope and gave up that things would ever change for them. 

That said, I completely understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion.  For me, I wil give Corinne the benefit of the doubt until I read otherwise.  I want to believe the best in humanity (even if they are fictional characters) and if it ends up that Corinne was this evil manipulative creature then I will still be ok with my decision.  I would hope that if I made a mistake that someone would have compassion for me and give me the opportunity to change and do better.  Thank you for the discussion.

GiGi

Well I think if SD had anything to do with it she will especially going by her interview :)

Hi Sheens, 

What was discussed during the interview? I couldn't successfully click on the link so I didn't get to see it.  Could you let me know what the general topics were?  Thanks in advance.  :)

Hi Gigi,

I get where you are coming from and agree your theory is plausible, im just not convinced - but I'll certainly enjoy my large helping of Arnaldos crow pie if im wrong :)

Also just occured to me tho, no-one but Corinna could know (when Gideon finds out about the attempt) just how many pills she'd taken. We saw the Drs report to the family while Eva & Gideon were at the hospital so presume that was when they gave the most information.

Even if they found an empty pill bottle beside Corinne, no-one but her could know how many pills were left in that bottle when she began the suicide attempt. We have no idea if the number of pills she took caused her to lose consciousness / miscarry etc... it is implied that the treatment for the overdose caused the miscarriage and not the overdose itself.

Also if for example, JFG told Corinne about the engagement, she ran off to the bathroom, locked herself in and threatened to commit suicide. With someone else in the house who she knows will get her immediate medical attention, the risk (of death) is low (she may have only taken a few pills for effect) but the chances of getting Gideon back to her side are huge because of his past - it is the perfect manipulation.

Hi Gigi,

Do you get what I mean?

I agree with you, Rogue, that the suicide attempt was a manipulation stunt. It was on par with Corrine breaking the engagement seven years ago in an attempt (that backfired) to make Gideon fight for her. Even Gideon recognized the engagement stunt as an effort to force him to change -- and for Gideon to be able to recognize that, given how clueless he can be about women, Corrine had to have pulled something pretty bad back then.

More recently, Corrine had been manipulating him into feeling guilty he was somehow to blame for her marriage. Under the guise of "needing a friend" she was phoning him daily from France. Even Eva recognized that as stalking behavior and told Gideon as such.

Corrine pulled a crazy stunt of "suddenly" deciding to flee France and move back to New York, booking a flight to New York and then phoning Gideon "in crisis" during what would have been the middle of the night her local time, Saturday night New York time. She called to beg Gideon to be there at the airport when she arrived and to help her get settled. She set this stunt in motion before she knew Eva existed. It was in the middle of the stunt plan that Gideon informed her he'd met someone special that week.

When she'd booked the flight, I could see her planning to throw herself into his arm, weeping, at Kennedy Airport, manipulating him into taking her home and putting her in a guest room, not sticking her in one of his luxury hotels. From there, she'd get into his bed (instead of hotel sex) and would -- oops -- find herself pregnant. By the time he'd later find out it could not have been his child, they'd already be married and he's not the kind of guy who would turn her into a divorcee and single mother just because she "miscalculated" when it was she conceived.

Taken aback by the fact Gideon wasn't available anymore, Corrine cancelled that flight and spent about a week regrouping. A week in which she quietly moved to New York anyway, choosing an apartment right around the corner from his penthouse (Eva saw right through that weeks later when Eva discovered where Corrine lived.) Then Corrine ambushed him and Eva as a couple in a very public setting. And from the moment she met Eva, Corrine began manipulating Eva too, doing so to great effect before Eva finally saw through the beyotch.

The medication Dr. Anne Lucas likely was feeding Corrine cranked up an already-existing desperate manipulator -- but it didn't create the monster. Though monster is not quite the word -- Nathan was a monster, and if our suspicions are true, Anne Lucas is a monster too. Corrine was a "catty b****" -- Sylvia called her that this spring in a live interview. an interview in which Sylvia also explained that Corrine was driven by desperation to get Gideon back again.

Bottom line -- I think Corrine swallowed pills to immediately bust up the engagement, counting on Gideon racing to her bedside (worked) full of guilt (that too) and his going to Corrine would yet again cause the incredibly insecure/jealous Eva to leave him, this time for good (epic fail, Corrine.)

I agree with you, Rogue, that the suicide attempt was a manipulation stunt. It was on par with Corrine breaking the engagement seven years ago in an attempt (that backfired) to make Gideon fight for her. Even Gideon recognized the engagement stunt as an effort to force him to change -- and for Gideon to be able to recognize that, given how clueless he can be about women, Corrine had to have pulled something pretty bad back then.

More recently, Corrine had been manipulating him into feeling guilty he was somehow to blame for her marriage. Under the guise of "needing a friend" she was phoning him daily from France. Even Eva recognized that as stalking behavior and told Gideon as such.

Corrine pulled a crazy stunt of "suddenly" deciding to flee France and move back to New York, booking a flight to New York and then phoning Gideon "in crisis" during what would have been the middle of the night her local time, Saturday night New York time. She called to beg Gideon to be there at the airport when she arrived and to help her get settled. She set this stunt in motion before she knew Eva existed. It was in the middle of the stunt plan that Gideon informed her he'd met someone special that week.

When she'd booked the flight, I could see her planning to throw herself into his arm, weeping, at Kennedy Airport, manipulating him into taking her home and putting her in a guest room, not sticking her in one of his luxury hotels. From there, she'd get into his bed (instead of hotel sex) and would -- oops -- find herself pregnant. By the time he'd later find out it could not have been his child, they'd already be married and he's not the kind of guy who would turn her into a divorcee and single mother just because she "miscalculated" when it was she conceived.

Taken aback by the fact Gideon wasn't available anymore, Corrine cancelled that flight and spent about a week regrouping. A week in which she quietly moved to New York anyway, choosing an apartment right around the corner from his penthouse (Eva saw right through that weeks later when Eva discovered where Corrine lived.) Then Corrine ambushed him and Eva as a couple in a very public setting. And from the moment she met Eva, Corrine began manipulating Eva too, doing so to great effect before Eva finally saw through the beyotch.

The medication Dr. Anne Lucas likely was feeding Corrine cranked up an already-existing desperate manipulator -- but it didn't create the monster. Though monster is not quite the word -- Nathan was a monster, and if our suspicions are true, Anne Lucas is a monster too. Corrine was a "catty b****" -- Sylvia called her that this spring in a live interview. an interview in which Sylvia also explained that Corrine was driven by desperation to get Gideon back again.

Bottom line -- I think Corrine swallowed pills to immediately bust up the engagement, counting on Gideon racing to her bedside (worked) full of guilt (that too) and his going to Corrine would yet again cause the incredibly insecure/jealous Eva to leave him, this time for good (epic fail, Corrine.)

Enter Newer, Stronger Eva. Thank God!!

Actually one of my favorite parts of the book and again I laugh at myself because every part is my " fave " part is when Gideon and Corinne are in the Crossfire lobby both dressed in black - the symbolism here is hilarious; and here comes Eva through the revolving doors dressed in YELLOW and her blonde hair shining looking like an ANGEL ; Gideon's eyes LOCK with hers and Corinne doesn't have a chance SHE actually has to grab Gideon's chin to get his attention back on her and what does she do? She tries to plant a kiss on his UNWILLING mouth Gideon actually JERKS away and Corinne must have felt like the junkyard dog . It was the ULTIMATE REJECTION...

New Even Stronger Eva suspects the suicide attempt was a stunt -- and when Eva is clear-headed instead of blinded by insecurity, her intuition almost always is spot on. Very much Victor's daughter.

From the bottom of page 339 to top of 340, as Eva held a Gideon who was feeling "cursed"

"I hated Corrine so much in that moment I felt violent. She'd known Gideon's father had committed suicide. If she knew Gideon at all, she would know how much her attempt would devastate him."

• For weeks now, perhaps months -- maybe years -- Corrine has been preying upon Gideon's guilt.
  • Not knowing the truth of the real reason Gideon was a troubled man (being raped as a child) Corrine would have believed the root of Gideon's pain was the original trauma that actually had first messed him up -- his father's suicide.
  • Eva herself has been victim to Corrine's inner b**** of deliberately preying upon psychological weaknesses (in Eva's case, insecurity/jealousy, whereas Gideon is guilt.)
  • Eva viewed what happened as an attempt -- that's key. Which is different than a failed suicide; the latter involves someone meaning to die but discovered and rescued by another person before it is too late.

"She'll have to live with what's she's done, not you and not me," Eva comforted Gideon as she made him believe he was not responsible -- not responsible for Corrine's actions, which included ending a pregnancy Gideon hoped Corrine didn't know about but I think Eva d.a.m.n. well recognized Corrine had to have known about -- four months along.

Hi Sheens, 

What was discussed during the interview? I couldn't successfully click on the link so I didn't get to see it.  Could you let me know what the general topics were?  Thanks in advance.  :)

It was going on about how good the book was and the romance to it and asking basically what the next book would entail without spoilers and SD informed the interviewer about it being a lot from Gideon but with Eva by his side and Gideon opening up to Eva much more, SD also said that she is in discussion with her publisher while in Australia about the publication dates and that they are working to get it out before Christmas and it will more or less be out before then, they did not go into details though as she could not discuss much about the new book apart from it being from Gideon's pov.

I hope this helps

Sheens 

Actually one of my favorite parts of the book and again I laugh at myself because every part is my " fave " part is when Gideon and Corinne are in the Crossfire lobby both dressed in black - the symbolism here is hilarious; and here comes Eva through the revolving doors dressed in YELLOW and her blonde hair shining looking like an ANGEL ; Gideon's eyes LOCK with hers and Corinne doesn't have a chance SHE actually has to grab Gideon's chin to get his attention back on her and what does she do? She tries to plant a kiss on his UNWILLING mouth Gideon actually JERKS away and Corinne must have felt like the junkyard dog . It was the ULTIMATE REJECTION...

I thought that was cool of Gideon actually and Way to Go boy, you got something right lol :P

Hi Julie, 

I think it would depend on whether Anne Lucas was able to carry out her professional medical duties.  If she was having a difficult time performing her duties, then I am sure she would have sought out professional help before complaints from patients and such.

If she was extremely depressed or suicidal, then she most likely wouldn't have been able to continue to actively treat patients.  She wouldn't necessarily be capable of performing basic daily functions like bathing, sleeping, eating properly and such.  It would depend on whether Anne Lucas would have the self awareness of not to realize that she was clinically depressed and whether she sought out treatment.

It seemed like Anne Lucas was just fine at the fundraiser where she accosted Eva and proceeded to open her mouth and tell a blatant lie and also she seemed fine when she tried to seduce Cary ; as someone said above a person cannot be severely depressed and manipulative . Dr Anne Lucas is definitely manipulative; dangerously so SHE IS NOT DEPRESSED!!! LOL!!

Yep he finally got a CLUE !! Way to go indeed!!

LOL it has only taken 2 books, 1 killing, 1 maniac ex girlfriend, 1 demon doctor, 1 estranged family and not to mention and demented new hound LOL :)  God Eva has patience 

I think Dr. Lucas has other reasons for staying with Anne maybe SHE is blackmailing him by threatening to expose that he lied if he leaves her. Sometimes Gideon's speculations about things are way off due to his CLUELESSNESS about women . He thinks they are still together because Terry loves Anne as much as Gideon loves Eva... I do not believe this is the case.