Theories for book four

julie54

as far as we know now Sam isn't Brett's fault.  We won't know for sure until book 4 is in our hands.

Sleazy Sam isn't Brett's fault. Any more than Creepy Christopher is Gideon's.

I wasn't saying Sam was Brett's fault - just looking for a catchy name.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that everyone has forgiven Brett so easily when he embarrassed Eva with the Golden video.  At the very least, if he is really such a good guy, he would have given her a heads up so she wouldn't be blindsided in front of the press and everyone else.  Also I don't see someone who loves an ex and then says I'll win you back once I'm inside you.  I would expect him to say let me wine and dine you and win my way back into your heart.  The sex will follow, however, at this point, Eva is just a "###### with legs" to him.  Sylvia is full of surprises so she may surprise me about Brett but right now I'm not a fan.

Hi Sharonm745, 

I agree with you.  :)

I would agree with you if Eva wasn't married.  I think she needs to make it clear to Brett that she is off the market.  She also needs to see his reaction about the tape.  Eva can handle herself when she wants to and she will handle Brett. smiley-face-punching.gif

Hi Sharonm745, 

I agree with your point.  :)

I'm surprised that everyone has forgiven Brett so easily when he embarrassed Eva with the Golden video.  At the very least, if he is really such a good guy, he would have given her a heads up so she wouldn't be blindsided in front of the press and everyone else.  Also I don't see someone who loves an ex and then says I'll win you back once I'm inside you.  I would expect him to say let me wine and dine you and win my way back into your heart.  The sex will follow, however, at this point, Eva is just a "###### with legs" to him.  Sylvia is full of surprises so she may surprise me about Brett but right now I'm not a fan.

I haven't forgiven Brett, the "Golden" video was wrong. Does he really know about this new video though. Brett's rough mannerisms are just the way he is, all Eva & him ever had was s**. From his point of view that is what she likes.But I think that Brett really doesn't know Eva, at least how Eva is now.

I'm surprised that everyone has forgiven Brett so easily when he embarrassed Eva with the Golden video. At the very least, if he is really such a good guy, he would have given her a heads up so she wouldn't be blindsided in front of the press and everyone else. Also I don't see someone who loves an ex and then says I'll win you back once I'm inside you. I would expect him to say let me wine and dine you and win my way back into your heart. The sex will follow, however, at this point, Eva is just a "###### with legs" to him. Sylvia is full of surprises so she may surprise me about Brett but right now I'm not a fan.

I completely agree that Golden video made Eva look like a s.lut IMO. I think Brett only wants Eva for sex. Appearently the girl has got mad skills cuz Gideon can't get enough and Brett wants her back.

I completely agree that Golden video made Eva look like a s.lut IMO. I think Brett only wants Eva for sex. Appearently the girl has got mad skills cuz Gideon can't get enough and Brett wants her back.

Hi Jennpenn926, 

I agree with you.  That video makes Eva look really bad!  I think the question that remains is if Brett was behind the whole thing or if he was also in the dark.  A thought just came to me.  When the band members were talking about making the video, who came up with the concept of "Golden"?  I think the answer to that question will say a lot.  What do you think?

I haven't forgiven Brett, the "Golden" video was wrong. Does he really know about this new video though. Brett's rough mannerisms are just the way he is, all Eva & him ever had was s**. From his point of view that is what she likes.But I think that Brett really doesn't know Eva, at least how Eva is now.

Hi Xfire, 

I think  that for me, I would have hoped that Brett would have grown and matured as an individual regardless of what his circumstances were when he was younger.  It could be that Eva may have liked to be risque when she was younger, but do you think that Eva would want the world to know about her risque behaviour? 

I would hope that life would have taught him compassion, understanding, kindness and most importantly self-awareness.  The release of that video and the graphic nature of that video is so over-the-top that I have to wonder if Brett learned anything at all.  What do you think?

Hi Sharonm745, 

I agree with you. I don't see what Brett did as an homage to his and Eva's past love.  I found the video incredibly graphic and immature in nature.  It is almost like a teenaged boy thought up the concept.  I know that artists have a lot of say in a video's concept and and execution.  So how much control did Brett have over the video's concept and making of the video?

I am on sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see how this part of the storyline plays out.  Right now I don't see Brett as anything more than an arrogant and immature snot would doesn't think of anyone else but himself.  How could he if he allowed the video to be released?

Lol yes if only! And yup studying the effects of marijuana on decision making and memory in teenagers.

Hi Claudine, 

Did you see the study on the effects of marijuana and the triggering of mental illness in adolescents?  There have also been studies between marijuana use and the triggering of schizophrenia?  The results are just staggering! 

It has something to do (or so they think) with the THC levels.  Marijuana use in the 60's had concentration levels of between 3-6% whereas with today's marijuana has THC levels of  between 13-25%.  Wow!  Let me know how your study goes. :)

I actually totally disagree with you about #3. When having a conversation about something as sensitive as a sex tape, Eva needs to be able to gauge Brett's reactions It is much harder to tell if someone is telling you the truth (especially someone you don't really know that well) when you cannot see their face and their instant physical reaction to what you tell them.

If it was me, I could never fully trust what Brett told me over the phone about such a sensitive subject. There would always be doubt in my mind as to his honesty. However if I could look into his eyes and judge his immediate reaction (shock/horror/guilt/shame) I would know the truth.

Just as Eva knew the truth the day she confronted Corinne at her apartment - "I saw the answer on her face. It was lightning quick, there and gone, but I saw it.

Both of those suggestions are absurd, she said."

If Eva had phoned Corinne that day rather than confront her face to face, she would never have been as sure of the truth.

Hi Rogue, 

You make a good point about Eva's needing to see Brett's reaction to her questions.  For Eva it might be key in her being able to determine whether someone is lying or not. 

I think Brett and Eva do need to have one more encounter. Where she tells him about the sex tape he reveals he already knew about it and kinda wants it released to help boost the Six-Ninth fame. Which will only prove he doesn't really care about Eva at all. And maybe she will get through her head he only wants her for sex. L.UST ISN'T LOVE. H.ELL IMO he already made her look like a s.lut with the Golden video. And just maybe this is my hope Brett tries to kiss her she says no and he doesn't listen so she has to krav maga his a.ss. so bye bye Brett for good.

Hi Jennpenn926, 

I agree that Eva needs to toss Brett in the discard pile.  A good smack across the chops might make Brett realize that Eva is no longer interested.  Brett might also be completely floored by the news that Gideon and Eva are now married.  Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to see his reaction when he finds out that little bit of news?  :) 

Hi Claudine, 

Did you see the study on the effects of marijuana and the triggering of mental illness in adolescents?  There have also been studies between marijuana use and the triggering of schizophrenia?  The results are just staggering! 

It has something to do (or so they think) with the THC levels.  Marijuana use in the 60's had concentration levels of between 3-6% whereas with today's marijuana has THC levels of  between 13-25%.  Wow!  Let me know how your study goes. :)

Hey GiGi!

Yes I've heard about it but I haven't read the published paper yet! To be honest I'm in my lab for experience, marijuana research is not something I'm very interested in as far as persuing that in the future. The study I'm in its in its infancy now so I wont be a part of it until the end (got other things to do with my life lol) but if by the time it is published and we're all still on the forum then ill definitely let you know! It's longitudinal so it's gonna take a while lol.

Hi Jennpenn926, 

I agree that Eva needs to toss Brett in the discard pile.  A good smack across the chops might make Brett realize that Eva is no longer interested.  Brett might also be completely floored by the news that Gideon and Eva are now married.  Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to see his reaction when he finds out that little bit of news?  :)

I can't wait for that reaction!!!

I'm with you on this one Nrock. Brett hasn't actually done anything wrong at this point except persue an ex who may or may not be involved with someone else.

The first time they see each other in 4 years - he kisses her AND she kisses him back

When he calls on her a few days later - she invites him to lunch. When he asks her about her relationship status with Gideon she is vague (she is unsure of the answer herself as Gideon had dinner with Corinne the night before and avoided talking to her) although she says she is in love with Gideon.

The next time he calls - he knows for a fact (at least he thinks he does) that Gideon and Eva are finished and Gideon is back with his ex. He's sure he has a chance now, and Eva agrees to go out with him. Sure she says she just wants to be friends but she'll come around.

The night of the Golden event - this is the night that Gideon and Eva publicly reunite. As far as Brett or anyone else knows this is the first time they've spoken in weeks. From Brett's point of view, if Eva is willing to give Gideon another chance after what he's done, she should be willing to give him one too. And she must like him, she agreed to this date didnt she?

Up until the end of EWY, every time Brett & Eva are in contact, Eva's relationship with Gideon is unstable (at least publicly) Brett has every reason to think that she'll eventually get tired of the way Gideon treats her and she'll give him another chance.

I truly believe once Eva can finally be truthful with Brett, and tell him just how serious she and Gideon are (engaged/married) and he will bow out gracefully. And if he doesn't, I have no doubt that Eva will Krav Maga his Arse!!!

Hi Rogue, 

I read your comments and you have given me a lot to think about.  I just had one question though; when Brett kissed Eva, he pursued her, Eva tried to get away from Brett.  She knew that he wasn't good for her.  Eva kept trying to back up and avoid Brett but he lunged forward and caught her by the arms (thereby removing her ability to walk away from him).  Brett also initiated the kiss.

You are correct, Eva kissed him back.  What I was wondering was but for the fact that Brett chased, grabbed and kissed Eva, do you think that under normal circumstances, Eva would have initiated a kiss with Brett or would have even stopped to catch up and shoot the breeze with Brett given her past? 

Hey GiGi!

Yes I've heard about it but I haven't read the published paper yet! To be honest I'm in my lab for experience, marijuana research is not something I'm very interested in as far as persuing that in the future. The study I'm in its in its infancy now so I wont be a part of it until the end (got other things to do with my life lol) but if by the time it is published and we're all still on the forum then ill definitely let you know! It's longitudinal so it's gonna take a while lol.

Hi Claudine, 

OMW I so completely understand Longitudinal studies!!!  I think I suffered some kind of eye damage from all the literature reviews I had to do for school! :)  :) 

I was completely shocked when I saw the studies between marijuana use and the triggering of mental illness!  Think about the number of kids who use these drugs recreationally and have no idea that they could be causing severe future problems!  It is scary to say the least!  One mistake in childhood can have lasting effects.

Let me know how everything turns out! I will be really interested.  :)

Hi Claudine, 

OMW I so completely understand Longitudinal studies!!!  I think I suffered some kind of eye damage from all the literature reviews I had to do for school! :)  :) 

I was completely shocked when I saw the studies between marijuana use and the triggering of mental illness!  Think about the number of kids who use these drugs recreationally and have no idea that they could be causing severe future problems!  It is scary to say the least!  One mistake in childhood can have lasting effects.

Let me know how everything turns out! I will be really interested.  :)

You're so right! And will do :)

You may be right but I think that the Eva / Brett meeting is going to be important.  I can't see her skipping ahead there.  Maybe when they return from SD there is a way to say ...and the next three months went by blissfully she thinks as she looks at herself in the mirror in her wedding gown.  Or something like that. 

You are right Sharon.  At some point if Sylvia wants to answer all of the fans questions she may have to skip a few months in order to tie up all the storylines.  I like the idea of a few months passing and Eva standing in front of the mirror looking at herself while wearing a wedding gown.  The most important thing would be the marriage and not necessarily the planning.   

Hi Rogue,

I read your comments and you have given me a lot to think about. I just had one question though; when Brett kissed Eva, he pursued her, Eva tried to get away from Brett. She knew that he wasn't good for her. Eva kept trying to back up and avoid Brett but he lunged forward and caught her by the arms (thereby removing her ability to walk away from him). Brett also initiated the kiss.

You are correct, Eva kissed him back. What I was wondering was but for the fact that Brett chased, grabbed and kissed Eva, do you think that under normal circumstances, Eva would have initiated a kiss with Brett or would have even stopped to catch up and shoot the breeze with Brett given her past?

Hi Gigi,

Eva and Brett's previous "relationship" ended by her running away from him. When he saw her that night at the 6/9 concert, she was doing the same. Brett didn't know she was now in a relationship. All he knew was the girl he'd been thinking about/missing for the last 4 years was standing in front of him. He finally had a chance to talk to her/try to get her back (something he'd been thinking about for a long time - he said so) and she was running again. He wasnt going to let her run again without talking to her. He kissed her to see if she still felt something and because he finally had her close enough to do so, again something he'd been dreaming of for quite some time!

As for Eva, no I don't think under other circumstances she would have initiated contact. She knows and has always been honest with herself that her previous relationship was bad for her, and I dont think she has any desire to be that person again. However, Eva is a damaged person, and her relationship with Brett is part of what damaged her. She wanted him so badly back then, he used her and she let herself be used. All she wanted 4 years ago was for Brett to want her the way she wanted him. It must have been quite a head trip to realise that what she'd wanted all those years ago was now a possibility - even though she is now in a better place and knows Gideon is the one for her, the hurt 20 (?) year old Eva inside of her is soothed and excited by the fact that Brett wanted her after all.

Does that make more sense?

I believe that if Gideon hadn't taken Corinne to dinner the Monday after the 6/9 concert, Eva would never have seen Brett again.

He would have called on Tuesday from the lobby of the Crossfire and she would have simply taken the call, told him she was sorry about Friday, but she was in a relationship with Gideon and said goodbye.

Gideon created this whole mess by not being honest with Eva. She used Brett to get back at Gideon about Corinne, and not just once, several times. If anyone is to blame for Brett's actions its Eva and in part Gideon for making her act crazy.

However, after what happened to Corinne at the end of EWY, I think Eva knows what she has to do with regard to Brett. I also think he deserves an explanation face to face. I know Eva's hands were tied about being fully honest with him, but she could have just cut him off. She was the one who used him to make Gideon jealous!

I believe that if Gideon hadn't taken Corinne to dinner the Monday after the 6/9 concert, Eva would never have seen Brett again.

He would have called on Tuesday from the lobby of the Crossfire and she would have simply taken the call, told him she was sorry about Friday, but she was in a relationship with Gideon and said goodbye.

Gideon created this whole mess by not being honest with Eva. She used Brett to get back at Gideon about Corinne, and not just once, several times. If anyone is to blame for Brett's actions its Eva and in part Gideon for making her act crazy.

However, after what happened to Corinne at the end of EWY, I think Eva knows what she has to do with regard to Brett. I also think he deserves an explanation face to face. I know Eva's hands were tied about being fully honest with him, but she could have just cut him off. She was the one who used him to make Gideon jealous!

. Hi I would just like to say I agree with everything you have said here .i hate corinne and Brett they should know better Eva is with Gideon and corinne has a husband what corinne did to Gideon was bang out of order she needs locking up

. Hi I would just like to say I agree with everything you have said here .i hate corinne and Brett they should know better Eva is with Gideon and corinne has a husband what corinne did to Gideon was bang out of order she needs locking up

Hi Tbidwell

I was wondering what your Avatar is, I have been trying to figure it out with the picture :)

Hi Gigi,

Eva and Brett's previous "relationship" ended by her running away from him. When he saw her that night at the 6/9 concert, she was doing the same. Brett didn't know she was now in a relationship. All he knew was the girl he'd been thinking about/missing for the last 4 years was standing in front of him. He finally had a chance to talk to her/try to get her back (something he'd been thinking about for a long time - he said so) and she was running again. He wasnt going to let her run again without talking to her. He kissed her to see if she still felt something and because he finally had her close enough to do so, again something he'd been dreaming of for quite some time!

As for Eva, no I don't think under other circumstances she would have initiated contact. She knows and has always been honest with herself that her previous relationship was bad for her, and I dont think she has any desire to be that person again. However, Eva is a damaged person, and her relationship with Brett is part of what damaged her. She wanted him so badly back then, he used her and she let herself be used. All she wanted 4 years ago was for Brett to want her the way she wanted him. It must have been quite a head trip to realise that what she'd wanted all those years ago was now a possibility - even though she is now in a better place and knows Gideon is the one for her, the hurt 20 (?) year old Eva inside of her is soothed and excited by the fact that Brett wanted her after all.

Does that make more sense?

I really agree with this, Rogue. Of course Eva knows Gideon's the one, but she's still being bounced around with a lot of heavy and complex emotions and events, and naturally some of her actions and reactions are problematic. I think her actions with Brett are seesawing because she is experiencing a volatile mix of regret, attraction, embarrassment, excitement, and confusion. And that's just on the Brett seesaw! The ride with Gideon is still wilder and mixed with passion, jealousy, fear, love, doubt, and a host of other feelings. It's easy on the outside to see and say what Eva should be doing, but quite different while you're going through it all. Especially at only age 24 and coming off her particular life experiences.

Hi Claudine, 

I must have missed something do we think this is what happened to Nathan??