Theories for book four

julie54

I really agree with this, Rogue. Of course Eva knows Gideon's the one, but she's still being bounced around with a lot of heavy and complex emotions and events, and naturally some of her actions and reactions are problematic. I think her actions with Brett are seesawing because she is experiencing a volatile mix of regret, attraction, embarrassment, excitement, and confusion. And that's just on the Brett seesaw! The ride with Gideon is still wilder and mixed with passion, jealousy, fear, love, doubt, and a host of other feelings. It's easy on the outside to see and say what Eva should be doing, but quite different while you're going through it all. Especially at only age 24 and coming off her particular life experiences.

Totally agree with this Nrock ... Even Eva acknowledges to Gideon that they both have a lot coming at them right now and they are hangin in pretty good and I think they are too considering how damaged they both are Dr.Travis and Dr. Peterson should be proud!!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that if Gideon hadn't taken Corinne to dinner the Monday after the 6/9 concert, Eva would never have seen Brett again.

He would have called on Tuesday from the lobby of the Crossfire and she would have simply taken the call, told him she was sorry about Friday, but she was in a relationship with Gideon and said goodbye.

Gideon created this whole mess by not being honest with Eva. She used Brett to get back at Gideon about Corinne, and not just once, several times. If anyone is to blame for Brett's actions its Eva and in part Gideon for making her act crazy.

However, after what happened to Corinne at the end of EWY, I think Eva knows what she has to do with regard to Brett. I also think he deserves an explanation face to face. I know Eva's hands were tied about being fully honest with him, but she could have just cut him off. She was the one who used him to make Gideon jealous!

Oh the irony of Gideon approaching Eva in public for the first time at the Times Square event, the world premiere of a music video based on the story of the relationship between her and Brett. Her appearing at the event with Brett would leave some people to think Brett is getting his Happily Ever After by getting "Golden" back.

But the event marks the public start of Gideon getting Eva back -- so some people might accuse Eva of using Brett to make Gideon jealous enough to go running back to her. Some people suspected (wrongly) he'd used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to go running back to him.

Hi Rogue, 

You make a good point about Eva's needing to see Brett's reaction to her questions.  For Eva it might be key in her being able to determine whether someone is lying or not.

Totally agree that the encounter with Breteva needs to be face to face...

Oh the irony of Gideon approaching Eva in public for the first time at the Times Square event, the world premiere of a music video based on the story of the relationship between her and Brett. Her appearing at the event with Brett would leave some people to think Brett is getting his Happily Ever After by getting "Golden" back.

But the event marks the public start of Gideon getting Eva back -- so some people might accuse Eva of using Brett to make Gideon jealous enough to go running back to her. Some people suspected (wrongly) he'd used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to go running back to him.

Yes more fodder for the tabloids and Deanna but also more evidence of why Gideon would not have killed Nathan for Eva!!

Eva and Brett's previous "relationship" ended by her running away from him. When he saw her that night at the 6/9 concert, she was doing the same. Brett didn't know she was now in a relationship. All he knew was the girl he'd been thinking about/missing for the last 4 years was standing in front of him. He finally had a chance to talk to her/try to get her back (something he'd been thinking about for a long time - he said so) and she was running again. He wasnt going to let her run again without talking to her. He kissed her to see if she still felt something and because he finally had her close enough to do so, again something he'd been dreaming of for quite some time!

As for Eva, no I don't think under other circumstances she would have initiated contact. She knows and has always been honest with herself that her previous relationship was bad for her, and I dont think she has any desire to be that person again. However, Eva is a damaged person, and her relationship with Brett is part of what damaged her. She wanted him so badly back then, he used her and she let herself be used. All she wanted 4 years ago was for Brett to want her the way she wanted him. It must have been quite a head trip to realise that what she'd wanted all those years ago was now a possibility - even though she is now in a better place and knows Gideon is the one for her, the hurt 20 (?) year old Eva inside of her is soothed and excited by the fact that Brett wanted her after all.

Does that make more sense?

I believe that if Gideon hadn't taken Corinne to dinner the Monday after the 6/9 concert, Eva would never have seen Brett again.

He would have called on Tuesday from the lobby of the Crossfire and she would have simply taken the call, told him she was sorry about Friday, but she was in a relationship with Gideon and said goodbye.

Gideon created this whole mess by not being honest with Eva. She used Brett to get back at Gideon about Corinne, and not just once, several times. If anyone is to blame for Brett's actions its Eva and in part Gideon for making her act crazy.

However, after what happened to Corinne at the end of EWY, I think Eva knows what she has to do with regard to Brett. I also think he deserves an explanation face to face. I know Eva's hands were tied about being fully honest with him, but she could have just cut him off. She was the one who used him to make Gideon jealous!

Victor guessed that Eva's sexual issues (inappropriate men, promiscuity) were a sign of some deeper problem. He was furious Monica hadn't recognized something was wrong while the abuse was going on -- because fast forward six years to Eva being 20 years old, and she had serious issues in the men department.

It had been Eva's relationship with Brett (first mentioned in passing as a singer) plus her relationship with a tattoo artist who was scum and a cheater (Victor caught the guy getting a blow job from some other woman) that made Victor convince Eva to enter therapy with a counselor Victor knew was excellent working with troubled young people -- Dr. Travis.

So Eva very much was caught in a destructive cycle when she was with Brett for six months back when she was 20-21 years old. Debasing herself because of her low self esteem problem, which then made her feel even worse, and so more debasement -- lather, rinse, repeat. But finally even she recognized she deserved more than being someone he used for quickies in a bathroom between music sets at concerts. (I suppose that's some of the footage the guy with the sex tape captured.)

North Carolina was supposed to have laid to rest the Brett and the Corrine issues forever. Eva was honest with Gideon about how she had been a s*** back then and that's why she'd been with Brett. In turn, Gideon had recognized he'd been so totally wrong in how he'd handled trying to be friends with Corrine, how much that situation was hurting Eva. Until he'd seen Eva in Brett's arms, Gideon simply believed she wasn't handling the Corrine situation well. Over-reacting in other words. Until he was made to feel incredibly insecure and sick with jealousy.

So how -- HOW -- could he mere days later very, very deliberately make Eva feel jealous and insecure as a way to guarantee she'd act the part of being pushed aside. Yes, it was the one thing that would helped shield her from suspicion of having had anything to do with the Nathan killing. But now that Gideon understood just how awful that felt, he still did it anyway.

Kept it up even though she got angry enough to deliberately go to Brett. Kept it up even after he got an agonizing email from her saying she was in such pain he was with Corrine that she now hated the fact she loved Gideon.

It would appear now that Gideon met with Corrine that Monday evening in the final few days of Reflected in order to tell Corrine to her face he could no longer see her socially -- no longer spend time with her in other words. Hours before, he'd given Eva her promise ring back and told her "wait." Because over the weekend, Brett gave an interview where he said he'd reconnected with Eva (an obvious reference to them having gone out on a "lunch date") and he was seeking to get back together with her.

So what finally caused Gideon to decide to stop seeing Corrine, I believe, was the real fear that Eva was going to go to bed with Brett as revenge, because Eva believed he had resumed sleeping with Corrine again. From what she said to Gideon on the phone when she dumped him, it was pretty clear Eva believed he's taken Corrine upstairs to the f*** pad after the party at the hotel, and may have suspected that he did have a nooner with Corrine after all the day he found out she'd come back to New York -- to go back to him.

Sylvia mentioned in an Australia interview that the goal is to have Book Four released before Christmas. As soon as the date is set in stone, there will be a big announcement.

In the same interview, she explained that Eva's issues were the focus of the first half of the Crossfire series (Bared, Reflected and the early part of Entwined). Books Four and Five will, like the second half of Entwined, focus on Gideon's issues.

Sylvia mentioned in an Australia interview that the goal is to have Book Four released before Christmas. As soon as the date is set in stone, there will be a big announcement.

In the same interview, she explained that Eva's issues were the focus of the first half of the Crossfire series (Bared, Reflected and the early part of Entwined). Books Four and Five will, like the second half of Entwined, focus on Gideon's issues.

Yes that is the link I gave everyone earlier today in two of the other threads :)

I want to know when someone is going to realize Gideon is wearing a wedding ring! He's not hiding it.

Gideon is sooooooo ready to let the cat out of the bag. Monica be d.a.m.n.e.d. As well Monica should -- Eva needs to remember she swore off paying any more emotional extortion to Mommica. 

I love all the comments, yet Gideon did tell Eva about the wedding photos to go to Devious D. I think Brett knows about the tape....he mentioned to Eva that he remembers what she felt like while inside her.

As far add the mob goes i believe that had to do with either Clancy or Angus. We don't know anything about Angus or his background but Gideon father was playing hard ball with some people thus the reason her killed himself, not just because he swindled a lit of money from people.

When Monica was young i believe her parents lost a lit of money which put her in negative after her and dad got together. On marriage number 2 Eva moved with her dad SD if my first theory I'd wrong her had her doing some bad things.....they never talk about him.

Those r my thoughts lol. I love the pie idea can i goin

I am with you fluffy (sorry nicked Julie's pet name for you) I don't think they should release the photo's of them on the beach, like you said and Eva said that was a private moment for them both and I don't think she would want the world to see them

The beach photos won't be released. The 2nd wedding will be released

Hi Gigi,

Eva and Brett's previous "relationship" ended by her running away from him. When he saw her that night at the 6/9 concert, she was doing the same. Brett didn't know she was now in a relationship. All he knew was the girl he'd been thinking about/missing for the last 4 years was standing in front of him. He finally had a chance to talk to her/try to get her back (something he'd been thinking about for a long time - he said so) and she was running again. He wasnt going to let her run again without talking to her. He kissed her to see if she still felt something and because he finally had her close enough to do so, again something he'd been dreaming of for quite some time!

As for Eva, no I don't think under other circumstances she would have initiated contact. She knows and has always been honest with herself that her previous relationship was bad for her, and I dont think she has any desire to be that person again. However, Eva is a damaged person, and her relationship with Brett is part of what damaged her. She wanted him so badly back then, he used her and she let herself be used. All she wanted 4 years ago was for Brett to want her the way she wanted him. It must have been quite a head trip to realise that what she'd wanted all those years ago was now a possibility - even though she is now in a better place and knows Gideon is the one for her, the hurt 20 (?) year old Eva inside of her is soothed and excited by the fact that Brett wanted her after all.

Does that make more sense?

Hi Rogue,

What you said made absolute sense.  What I was getting at was that Brett not only chased but that he grabbed and forcebly held Eva, and then began to kiss her.  Then she eventually kissed him back.  What I was getting at was that but for the fact that Brett grabbed and forcebly held on to Eva's arms, she wouldn't have initiated a kiss or if she was somehow kissed, Eva would have turned her face or walked away from the situation.   

I understand your correlating Brett's past experiences with how he dealt with Eva present day.  It made sense.  Thank you for taking the time to explain.  :)

I love all the comments, yet Gideon did tell Eva about the wedding photos to go to Devious D. I think Brett knows about the tape....he mentioned to Eva that he remembers what she felt like while inside her.

As far add the mob goes i believe that had to do with either Clancy or Angus. We don't know anything about Angus or his background but Gideon father was playing hard ball with some people thus the reason her killed himself, not just because he swindled a lit of money from people.

When Monica was young i believe her parents lost a lit of money which put her in negative after her and dad got together. On marriage number 2 Eva moved with her dad SD if my first theory I'd wrong her had her doing some bad things.....they never talk about him.

Those r my thoughts lol. I love the pie idea can i goin

Hi Gmilsapa, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Hi Rogue, 

I think that Gideon also created this mess by not being honest with Corinne either.  I get such a strong feeling that Gideon never told Corinne why he let her walk away all those years ago and I think that is why she made so many false assumptions about how she is going to get Gideon back. 

Gideon also fed into the delusion by not setting her straight and by sending her mixed signals.  What do you think? 

I really agree with this, Rogue. Of course Eva knows Gideon's the one, but she's still being bounced around with a lot of heavy and complex emotions and events, and naturally some of her actions and reactions are problematic. I think her actions with Brett are seesawing because she is experiencing a volatile mix of regret, attraction, embarrassment, excitement, and confusion. And that's just on the Brett seesaw! The ride with Gideon is still wilder and mixed with passion, jealousy, fear, love, doubt, and a host of other feelings. It's easy on the outside to see and say what Eva should be doing, but quite different while you're going through it all. Especially at only age 24 and coming off her particular life experiences.

Hi Nrock, 

You make a good argument about Eva riding an emotional roller coaster with Gideon and her past feelings about Brett.  You have definitely given me a lot to think about.  Thanks.

. Hi I would just like to say I agree with everything you have said here .i hate corinne and Brett they should know better Eva is with Gideon and corinne has a husband what corinne did to Gideon was bang out of order she needs locking up

Wowie! Zowie!! What a photo!!  ;)