Theories for book four

julie54

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't want want to see babies either but I would love to see a book written 5 years later...I don't think GidEva will have nannies it will be all hands on parenting!! I'd love to hear about Gideon changing some diapers while Eva slips out for a girls nite out !!

Hiya.

I don't think they will have nannies either. They will be hands on parents. I don't think Gideon would trust his children to strangers, after all look what happened to him!!

I would like an epilogue to the series. As you say 5 years later would be a good time frame.

Hi ladies

I can't seem to find where it was said and maybe I'm making it up but did Sylvia say that once afterburn was released she would start with snippets/ snapshots teasers for CBY

Well afterburn is out and read by most of us by now. !

I'm needing a Gideon Eva fix ! :)

I am sooooo ready for Book 4 I want to read Gideon's story and I want more more more of them taking care of each other and cherishing one another!!

I don't know.  I really don't see Gideon quitting his job to stay home with young children . . . and I don't think working full-time means they can't be "hands-on parents." YMMV.

Hi Sarah--

Totally agree.  There is no reason for either of them to stay home to raise kids.  They are rich.  Nannies are not a big deal.  I worked full time and raised a wonderful, intelligent, successful daughter.  I do think that an epilogue is the only way for Sylvia to add a child since each book is only about a month long.  Maybe we will need to wait until TV?  Who knows.  With all these novellas coming out from Sylvia, I think her attention is elsewhere right now.  And we need Gideon and Eva.  Sigh.

Hi Sarah--

Totally agree.  There is no reason for either of them to stay home to raise kids.  They are rich.  Nannies are not a big deal.  I worked full time and raised a wonderful, intelligent, successful daughter.  I do think that an epilogue is the only way for Sylvia to add a child since each book is only about a month long.  Maybe we will need to wait until TV?  Who knows.  With all these novellas coming out from Sylvia, I think her attention is elsewhere right now.  And we need Gideon and Eva.  Sigh.

To nanny or not to nanny has nothing to do with their riches or desire to work ; it has to do with the individuals that betrayed Gideva in their own homes; needless to say I'm sure they will have a more hands-on approach to parenting when compared to their own mothers Monica and Elizabeth...

I don't have too many theories because I just finished reading EWY after weeks, this was a very busy time and I really didn't have time for leisurely reading.

I don't think Carey will be a daddy. Tat will of course keep the baby for 9mts of drama of the book but the child will not be his. Him and Trey are meant to be. I think she's lying though. She was cool about Carey and Trey but I think she wants him to herself now.

Maybe not Book 4 but by Book 5 for sure Eva's parents will be back together.

Eva's current step-dad is connected to the Mafia and that's why Monica feels the need to stay with him.

Corinne will be unhappy and not have a HEA, she's a "villain" in this novel and some readers don't like her so she'll "get what she deserves"

I don't get what's up with Megumi, I don't think she's with Chris Jr. at least I hope she's not but book are soap operas we read so maybe but why would he be out to hurt Eva too? i guess to get to his brother.

I would actually like to see Book 4 being the end of present day. All questions are wrapped up and Book 5 is them 5 years later with a family. Maybe Eva working for Gideon after years of protest, his office is equipped with a nursery for their twins. Carey and Trey have adopted kids and Eva's parents are back together being obsessed grandparents. She could even leave 4 a little unanswered and we learn a little more through that book but by story telling. I hate when books only give the epilogue or last chapter devoted to the couple's future. I actually like to read about their family life and seeing how their family grows.

I don't think so.  I think Day has been good about making sure both Gideon and Eva have the time they need to recover and Gideon still has a lot of work to do.  Also, I think Crossfire reads like a direct response to Fifty Shades in a lot of ways.  There are a hundred examples, but for one, is there anything Christian doesn't know?  He's proficient at everything (except relationships) and knowledgeable about nearly everything, too.  In Crossfire, Carey wonders aloud why there are always pianos in high-roller suites (which made me smile) and Eva once asked Gideon who sings a particular song and he said something like, "I have no F(&^*** idea," (which made me laugh aloud). 

In Fifty Shades, Ana could never quite manage her birth control competently.  In Crossfire, Gideon asked Eva once if she was on birth control, she said "of course," and that's the end of it.  I don't see any "mistakes" happening to these two.  I hope they don't start a family right away . . . but I wouldn't mind an Afterward that jumped ahead a couple of years to give us a sneak peek.  :)

Hi Sarah,

You make many keen observations.  I think that as far as the piano thing goes, doesn't every "high roller" suite have a baby grand piano as standard issue?  I can really say because I have never stayed in a "high roller suite" but every single program that shows some "lifestyle of someone rich person or other", who stays at such and such hotel, always seems to have a standard issue baby grand piano.

I often wonder whether these "high rollers" are busy seranading their par amours  or just want to live out a "Pretty Woman" fantasy by having se* on the piano.  :)

To nanny or not to nanny has nothing to do with their riches or desire to work ; it has to do with the individuals that betrayed Gideva in their own homes; needless to say I'm sure they will have a more hands-on approach to parenting when compared to their own mothers Monica and Elizabeth...

Good point Sscrph. If Gideon and Eva decide to have some domestic help in raising baby "Cross" then, I think that they will utilize their personal experiences to provide a safe environment for the baby to be cared for. 

I think that they will get some help (via nannies who have been vetted up the wazoo and back) but still do a majority of the child rearing themselves.  I just think that given all that these two have been through with their own childhoods, they will be that much more aware of what to look for.  I also don't think that they will ever take their child's safety for granted or that they will ever completely trust someone with their child for extended periods of time.

I could see a situation like Eva needing some help in the beginning but she has the baby monitor in her room, if she needs a nap or I could see her being in the house while the Nanny or maid attends to household chores and such.

If and when Eva decides to go back to work, I could see a situation where Crossfire builds a daycare so that Eva and Gideon can take their baby to work with them.  I could also see the daycare outfitted with webcams so that both Eva and Gideon could have complete view of their child.  :)

Hi ladies

I can't seem to find where it was said and maybe I'm making it up but did Sylvia say that once afterburn was released she would start with snippets/ snapshots teasers for CBY

Hi ShazScott1980,

I thought that I heard something to that effect as well.  This was discussed in another thread quite a while back, so I am hoping that information was accurate and not just hopeful thinking (Fingers crossed here).

I am hoping that the snippets or snapshots will be released sooner rather than later.  :)

Hiya.

I don't think they will have nannies either. They will be hands on parents. I don't think Gideon would trust his children to strangers, after all look what happened to him!!

I would like an epilogue to the series. As you say 5 years later would be a good time frame.

Hi Julie,

An epilogue would be nice.  A little novella maybe a little later would be nice as well.  It might give the reader an insight as to what happens five or so years down the road. 

Many authers write novellas, when the characters that they write about, are so popular.  I think that surely in this instance, Gideon and Eva are outrageously popular!  Many Sylvia will throw us a bone and write about Cary's escapades, or about one of the other characters, and we can get a glimpse into what life has been like for our beloved Gideon and Eva, since we last heard from them.  :)

Hiya.

I don't think they will have a nanny either but I do want to see Crossfire Baby by these two even in the epilogue but I think they would make great parents and it would end the story well. :)

Hi Julie,

An epilogue would be nice.  A little novella maybe a little later would be nice as well.  It might give the reader an insight as to what happens five or so years down the road. 

Many authers write novellas, when the characters that they write about, are so popular.  I think that surely in this instance, Gideon and Eva are outrageously popular!  Many Sylvia will throw us a bone and write about Cary's escapades, or about one of the other characters, and we can get a glimpse into what life has been like for our beloved Gideon and Eva, since we last heard from them.  :)

Hi Julie,

Gigi what a great idea ; a book about Cary with GidEva thrown in to tease us . Maybe Cary can attend their first child's birthday party in the penthouse or at least be there when Eva delivers her baby!! I can only imagine how much Gideon will worship Eva after she has his baby...

Hi ladies

It was tweet that Sylvia sent out awhile ago but I haven't seen anything yet.

I don't think they will have a nanny either but I do want to see Crossfire Baby by these two even in the epilogue but I think they would make great parents and it would end the story well. :)

The will have a nanny because Gideon has to go to many of those charity events and he will take Eva with him.  Also Eva is starting her own foundation and she will need to attend that.  My guess is they will have an onsite daycare at Crossfire however there will be in depth background checks.  I suspect that there will be cameras around the house and daycare too. 

Also, Gideon has a home office.  It is very possible that Eva will work from home for awhile and only go into the office for meetings and such. 

I like the idea of another book but when I talked to Sylvia at the library (BookBash) she didn't seem to open to the idea.  I guess at this point she thinks she is going to wrap up the story in the next two books.  Of course plans change and she might add a prequel and a follow-up book.  I hope so.

How about a book that explains Cary Eva relationship . How they met with dr Travis

Then there could be a book about Angus and his relationship with the Vidals and how he joined Gideon when the time was right.

The list of spin offs are endless

That's a great idea too ShazScott.  Prequels and Epilogues galore!  :)

The will have a nanny because Gideon has to go to many of those charity events and he will take Eva with him.  Also Eva is starting her own foundation and she will need to attend that.  My guess is they will have an onsite daycare at Crossfire however there will be in depth background checks.  I suspect that there will be cameras around the house and daycare too. 

Also, Gideon has a home office.  It is very possible that Eva will work from home for awhile and only go into the office for meetings and such. 

I like the idea of another book but when I talked to Sylvia at the library (BookBash) she didn't seem to open to the idea.  I guess at this point she thinks she is going to wrap up the story in the next two books.  Of course plans change and she might add a prequel and a follow-up book.  I hope so.

Good point Sharon. I hope that Sylvia changes her mind about a little "mini novella", fingers crossed.  It would be lovely to see what happens to Gideon and Eva down the road.  :)

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking about the topic of nannies last night and something came to mind:  What if Angus played Mr. Manny (a.k.a. Nanny).  All he will need is another holster on his other side for a quick "bottle" and a diaper bag and the lad will be set to go.  As long as he has a gun, a bottle, and a diaper bag, I think that man could potentially qualify for official nanny duties. What does everyone think?  ;)

It occurs to me that perhaps there's some confusion about what the term "nanny" means.  A nanny is a babysitter who works in your house.  A live-in nanny or overnight nanny stays overnight, but simply saying that there's a "nanny" doesn't imply that there's an overnight or a 24-hours-a-day sitter.  And I'm sure that the posters who suggested that Eva and Gideon wouldn't have a nanny "because they'll want to be involved parents" didn't mean to be so offensive.  Obviously most parents want to be involved.  And one can absolutely be an attentive, caring, involved parent while still working outside the home. 

It occurs to me that perhaps there's some confusion about what the term "nanny" means.  A nanny is a babysitter who works in your house.  A live-in nanny or overnight nanny stays overnight, but simply saying that there's a "nanny" doesn't imply that there's an overnight or a 24-hours-a-day sitter.  And I'm sure that the posters who suggested that Eva and Gideon wouldn't have a nanny "because they'll want to be involved parents" didn't mean to be so offensive.  Obviously most parents want to be involved.  And one can absolutely be an attentive, caring, involved parent while still working outside the home. 

I agree.  I worked full time most of my life and we had excellent child care. My kids were happy and I could go to work knowing they were in good hands. I can see where a person who experienced abuse would be cautious, and do background checks on potential daycare providers, but working outside the home doesn't make one a bad parent. 

I have a good friend whose sister was a nanny for a popular Hollywood couple for years when their kids were young.  She traveled everywhere with them.  Having a nanny gave them the peace of mind knowing that their children were cared for when they were on the set for long hours during the day and there was limited negative impact on the kids sleep/school schedules.

I agree.  I worked full time most of my life and we had excellent child care. My kids were happy and I could go to work knowing they were in good hands. I can see where a person who experienced abuse would be cautious, and do background checks on potential daycare providers, but working outside the home doesn't make one a bad parent. 

I have a good friend whose sister was a nanny for a popular Hollywood couple for years when their kids were young.  She traveled everywhere with them.  Having a nanny gave them the peace of mind knowing that their children were cared for when they were on the set for long hours during the day and there was limited negative impact on the kids sleep/school schedules.

Sarah I don't know why you would think that the poster who "suggested" people who employ nannies are uninvolved parents . I believe I may have been one of the posters and I certainly did not mean to be offensive . As you are new to the blog ; I would just like you to know that we discuss all aspects of a story in a friendly and UNOFFENSIVE manner . Everyone on the blog has different backgrounds and life experiences and we all certainly bring that to the table. To be quite honest I am offended by your post and its tone. I have worked in my profession for thirty years working a variety of shifts over the years and I have two children who have gone to babysitters , summer camps, grandparents and the like. I was clearly referring to the segment of the super-rich who employ live in nannies and jet all over the world with not a thought to their children. These people do exist . As for GidEva the point I was trying to make which I clarified earlier had nothing really to do with a NANNY just the security issue involved.

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking about the topic of nannies last night and something came to mind:  What if Angus played Mr. Manny (a.k.a. Nanny).  All he will need is another holster on his other side for a quick "bottle" and a diaper bag and the lad will be set to go.  As long as he has a gun, a bottle, and a diaper bag, I think that man could potentially qualify for official nanny duties. What does everyone think?  ;)

Angus is definitely a multi-tasker and I have no doubt that GidEva would trust their precious child in the hands of this wonderful man...

Hence we shall call him SUPER-MANNY!!! LOL. :). :)

Sarah I don't know why you would think that the poster who "suggested" people who employ nannies are uninvolved parents . I believe I may have been one of the posters and I certainly did not mean to be offensive . As you are new to the blog ; I would just like you to know that we discuss all aspects of a story in a friendly and UNOFFENSIVE manner . Everyone on the blog has different backgrounds and life experiences and we all certainly bring that to the table. To be quite honest I am offended by your post and its tone. I have worked in my profession for thirty years working a variety of shifts over the years and I have two children who have gone to babysitters , summer camps, grandparents and the like. I was clearly referring to the segment of the super-rich who employ live in nannies and jet all over the world with not a thought to their children. These people do exist . As for GidEva the point I was trying to make which I clarified earlier had nothing really to do with a NANNY just the security issue involved.

It's true; I've only been reading here for a few months (since Entwined).  :)

I should have included quotes in my original post for clarity:

"I don't think GidEva will have nannies it will be all hands on parenting!"

"I don't think they will have nannies either. They will be hands on parents."

And I specifically said that I thought those comments were NOT meant to be insulting to parents who use nannies/babysitters.