Theories for book four

julie54

I like Monica (sometimes), but I do think she is stronger than she lets on. Her need for money I believe Sylvia will reveal later in book 4 or 5. She cries whenever there is any kind of confrontation, & the tears are her manipulative way of getting out of such situations. Eva will put touchy issues aside for a later date & Stanton coddles her like a child & I'm sure this is what she is hoping for. She is already seeing a shrink but are they working on this particular issue???

Do I think Monica is pregnant? No. Aren't the next 2 books more about Gideon??? So,no time for that. I'm hoping more info comes to light regarding Gideon, his mother & Christopher Jr. (and also more of Ireland & her responses to these issues)...does she even have a clue???

And here's a topic I don't think we've mentioned...what if Stanton finds out (somehow) that Monica slept with Victor!!! What does everyone think?

Hi Dgcaffeine,

I hope that Stanton finds out about Monica's cheating.  If he really loves her and can accept her sincere appology and confession then, they may have something to hold on to.  If Monica has no intention of ever telling Stanton about her mistake and Stanton finds out somehow, then we may see some fireworks fly! 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I have always liked Monica and I don't think she is a bad mother at all.  Her problem is she is too focused on money and didn't see the warning signs of her daughter's abuse.  As we find out Monica's secrets in CBY I think more people will view her more favorably. 

That said, she doesn't deserve Victor and I firmly believe she will not be pregnant.  She knows her need of money and both Victor & Monica know she can't settle for being a cops wife. 

Everything we learned from Eva & Cary is that Stanton loves Monica and does his best to make her happy.  I don't think Monica will give that up.

Hi Sharon,

I think what I struggle with the most; is the fact that Monica lived under the same roof as her daughter for four years and not once in any of those days (1461 days to be precise) did Monica clue into the fact that her daughter was being raped and tortured on a nearly daily basis.

It doesn't matter how that loaf of bread is sliced; Monica was a lousy mother.  I have made you and the other members of this forum, a promise to not judge Monica and I will...but let's just say that, I GiGi, am counting the days until I get to hear what Monica's backstory is.  It had better be one HUGE HONKING DOOZY OF A STORY to even come close to trying to justify her extremely neglectful care of Eva. 

Let's also remember that parents of lesser monetary means would have faced criminal charges for not looking after the welfare of their child.  Eva's sexual abuse was extreme and no court of law would have taken too kindly to a woman who didn't clue into the fact that her daughter was in physical danger on a daily basis. 

It may also be said that Monica's hystronics and use of said tears haven't helped her cause.  It may be an indicator of a woman who cannot face her problems and uses her emotional outbursts to hold others hostage and thereby negates any responsibility on Monica's part.  I wonder if Eva has forgiven her mother or whether she allows her guilt (Eva felt guilty about her mom having to leave that marriage) to always try to smooth things over with her mother. 

Hi Sharon,

I think what I struggle with the most; is the fact that Monica lived under the same roof as her daughter for four years and not once in any of those days (1461 days to be precise) did Monica clue into the fact that her daughter was being raped and tortured on a nearly daily basis.

It doesn't matter how that loaf of bread is sliced; Monica was a lousy mother.  I have made you and the other members of this forum, a promise to not judge Monica and I will...but let's just say that, I GiGi, am counting the days until I get to hear what Monica's backstory is.  It had better be one HUGE HONKING DOOZY OF A STORY to even come close to trying to justify her extremely neglectful care of Eva. 

Let's also remember that parents of lesser monetary means would have faced criminal charges for not looking after the welfare of their child.  Eva's sexual abuse was extreme and no court of law would have taken too kindly to a woman who didn't clue into the fact that her daughter was in physical danger on a daily basis. 

It may also be said that Monica's hystronics and use of said tears haven't helped her cause.  It may be an indicator of a woman who cannot face her problems and uses her emotional outbursts to hold others hostage and thereby negates any responsibility on Monica's part.  I wonder if Eva has forgiven her mother or whether she allows her guilt (Eva felt guilty about her mom having to leave that marriage) to always try to smooth things over with her mother.

Gigi you don't have to hold back about Monica LoL I despise her but I can't wait to hear her backstory. Whatever her backstory is will not excuse her in my eyes of being seriously neglectful and of course you are right. If she were a woman of lesser means she would have faced criminal charges. Eva states that they didn't tell Victor because the scandal would have killed her mother ; yes soooo true but Eva would have been living with her dad no doubt about it...

Hi Gigi--

I understand what you are saying. Monica is very manipulative. She feigns weakness. She uses her sexuality. She is beyond self absorbed. But I don't think she is a bad person. Not like Lizzie. She BELIEVED HER CHILD. She left immediately and took appropriate steps to deal with Nathan once she knew. Wealthy people don't have tthe contact with their kids as normal people do. They have nannies, servants, etc. who have more steady contact. The rich are different as the saying goes.

And as a teacher of long standing, I know kids don't tell their parents a lot of things. I have an extremely close relationship with my daughter and always have. After she went to college, we found a diary under her mattress where she poured her guts out about middle school. OMG I cried my eyes out. She was going through with bullying and I had no idea. I confronted her. She said she wanted to keep me out of it for fear if I knew I would be running to the school and it would get worse. Believe me, I would have insured it not get worse but she felt otherwise out of fear. That was a much less difficult issue than rape. Nathan was an extreme bully. Parents really hope they know all. They don't.

Hi Gigi--

I understand what you are saying. Monica is very manipulative. She feigns weakness. She uses her sexuality. She is beyond self absorbed. But I don't think she is a bad person. Not like Lizzie. She BELIEVED HER CHILD. She left immediately and took appropriate steps to deal with Nathan once she knew. Wealthy people don't have tthe contact with their kids as normal people do. They have nannies, servants, etc. who have more steady contact. The rich are different as the saying goes.

And as a teacher of long standing, I know kids don't tell their parents a lot of things. I have an extremely close relationship with my daughter and always have. After she went to college, we found a diary under her mattress where she poured her guts out about middle school. OMG I cried my eyes out. She was going through ###### with bullying and I had no idea. I confronted her. She said she wanted to keep me out of it for fear if I knew I would be running to the school and it would get worse. Believe me, I would have insured it not get worse but she felt otherwise out of fear. That was a much less difficult issue than rape. Nathan was an extreme bully. Parents really hope they know all. They don't.

Hi GLH Monica had no choice but to believe her child because as she was hemorrhaging she was faced with the irrefutable truth. How can we be so sure that Monica would have believed Eva if the circumstances were different?

Im with you about Monaca being so wrapped up in herself she didn't notice what was going on with Eva .

And I think she still wouldn't of had a clue if she did have to rush Eva to the hospital .

many times with her boo-hooing she has said. " I did the best I could " I think she was a crappy mother and has been trying to make it up to her since. Buying her gowns and loven up Cary..she does it to win evas love

Hi all , re-reading BTY for the hundredth time and I was thinking if perhaps an old love of Eva's might be introduced in the next book; after all we didn't see Deanna coming. In BTY Eva states she had gotten farther with Gideon in one week than she had with relationships that had lasted 2 years. Perhaps she had a relationship with someone she attended SDSU with or in her masters program that she may come into contact with through her work or the visit to San Diego...

Hi sscrph, anything is possible...look at all of us here in this forum. I think we've posted so many possibilities. Your suggestion that there might be another guy crawling out of the past...why not. I'm getting very, very impatient though, aren't you? I just want to read CBY & get on with it. Only Sylvia can tell us what's next.

Hi sscrph, anything is possible...look at all of us here in this forum. I think we've posted so many possibilities. Your suggestion that there might be another guy crawling out of the past...why not. I'm getting very, very impatient though, aren't you? I just want to read CBY & get on with it. Only Sylvia can tell us what's next.

Sigh. :(. :(

Hi all , re-reading BTY for the hundredth time and I was thinking if perhaps an old love of Eva's might be introduced in the next book; after all we didn't see Deanna coming. In BTY Eva states she had gotten farther with Gideon in one week than she had with relationships that had lasted 2 years. Perhaps she had a relationship with someone she attended SDSU with or in her masters program that she may come into contact with through her work or the visit to San Diego...

Oh my....as if the plot wasn't already thick enough...sigh!  :)

If this keeps up, we are all going to end writing "fictional chapters" in our own alternate universe book...just kidding.  :)

If this keeps up, we are all going to end writing "fictional chapters" in our own alternate universe book...just kidding.  :)

I just may need to book an appointment for myself with the good Dr. Petersen. Yes, I admit it...I am going nuts!

Sorry to put this here didn't no were this subject would go, does anyone no if there is more then one book for seven years to sin and the stranger I married?? Thanks

HI,only one book for both, but Sylvia did add an epilogue on Stanger.  It was a separate free item but it is probably included in the new releases.     If you haven't seen it here or Sylvia's site, Bare to You was inspired by 7 Years (red dresses  LOL) .

Monica is very busy trying to meet Gideon's requirement for a quick wedding.  She is very stressed by the pressure but she succeeds.  At the reception, she faints from exhaustion.....she thinks but she is pregnant.   Baby daddy is Victor!!

REMINDER

Monica and Victor got together at Eva's apartment.  This was their second meeting after not seeing each other for 25 years.  Victor had returned to New York when he learned Eva had been abused by her stepbrother.  The love Victor and Monica felt for each other was obvious.

Most important, Monica is less then twenty years older then Eva.  Her age would be 43 or younger.

I said baby,but everyone said no. and to think about is true. Sylvia isn't gona bog up G and A story with a baby

Sorry Betty but I can't give you this one...Was Eva's life actually the best possible life? The fact is that it was far from it. If Monica had stayed with Victor or even if Eva had lived with Victor or if Monica had given Eva up for adoption the chances are slim to none that she would have been brutally raped and terrorized by a stepbrother. As for supporting and nurturing Cary ; she had no choice. This was probably the first time she had ever seen Eva happy in years and close to being "normal". And of course her relationship with Cary evolved from Victor's intervention due to the therapy with Dr. Travis not from Monica's "mothering." Lastly she slept with Victor to escape his wrath. She turned on the tears and played damsel in distress and Victor fell for it because of his vulnerability due to the fact that YES he still loves her. The fact that Victor is a hot hunk was the icing on the cake. It certainly wasn't a sacrifice for Monica to relive her teenage fantasies with her first love!! Monica is not the victim here . Eva is and always has been the victim of Monica's lack of mothering skills.

IM WITH YOU ON THAT

Hi Peachies,

I think that Cary will temper his hurt with his concern for Eva and her relationship with Gideon. Cary has seen Gideon's nightmares first hand and the effect that it has had on Eva. I think that if anything he will be more worried for her personal safety than feel slighted about not having been invited to a surprise personal wedding. What do you think? What does everyone think?

I think that may be an initial reaction, but Cary is observant and I bet he will have noticed or will notice the positive changes in the relationship and interactions between Gideon and Eva. Also Cary has said he will support Eva's choices as long as she is happy.

Plus Cary l-o-v-e-s to be in on a secret, especially with his best friend

Monica is very busy trying to meet Gideon's requirement for a quick wedding. She is very stressed by the pressure but she succeeds. At the reception, she faints from exhaustion.....she thinks but she is pregnant. Baby daddy is Victor!!

REMINDER

Monica and Victor got together at Eva's apartment. This was their second meeting after not seeing each other for 25 years. Victor had returned to New York when he learned Eva had been abused by her stepbrother. The love Victor and Monica felt for each other was obvious.

Most important, Monica is less then twenty years older then Eva. Her age would be 43 or younger.

Sorry, I seriously doubt Monica is pregnant. I have a feeling Monica is either on birth control or she has had a tubal ligation or hysterectomy. Look at how concerned about her calories and figure. She is NOT going to risk that for a second unplanned pregnancy.