EWY Questions

MegansCoils

Just started reading yesterday and I'm on Chapter 8. I had a few questions.

1) How long were they broken up for?

2) If Gideon keeps getting nightmares why does he still take the pills? Or does he take them at all?  I kept reading and figured this one out on my own.

I'm sure I'll have more and I'll just come back to this post if so.

According to Gideon, they were never broken up at all.  In his mind, they were always together.  "There is no end, Eva."  :) 

The Crossfire Series Timelines thread might be useful, but you'll have to read with great care to avoid spoilers!

In Reflected in You, Eva said that "everything changed" on Monday, after she and Gideon got back from North Carolina.  That night, he was photographed out with Corinne.  He's not really talking to her anymore, either, except showing up to dinner with her dad on Friday night.  (Thursday, the day before, Gideon killed Nathan and used Corinne/the reception/the fire as alibis.)  Two weeks after North Carolina, on Tuesday, Gideon showed up at Dr. Terry Lucas's office and he and Eva went for a drive.  So I'd say they were "broken up" for two weeks.

According to Gideon, they were never broken up at all.  In his mind, they were always together.  "There is no end, Eva."  :)

The Crossfire Series Timelines thread might be useful, but you'll have to read with great care to avoid spoilers!

In Reflected in You, Eva said that "everything changed" on Monday, after she and Gideon got back from North Carolina.  That night, he was photographed out with Corinne.  He's not really talking to her anymore, either, except showing up to dinner with her dad on Friday night.  (Thursday, the day before, Gideon killed Nathan and used Corinne/the reception/the fire as alibis.)  Two weeks after North Carolina, on Tuesday, Gideon showed up at Dr. Terry Lucas's office and he and Eva went for a drive.  So I'd say they were "broken up" for two weeks.

But considering that Gideon went to her place on Friday to meet her father (when the detectives showed up), and she only called him to break up "definitely" on Saturday (when she saw the pictures of him and Corrine on the party that had happened Thrusday), I would consider Saturday as the day they actually broke up. She was really down for one week, and then she cut her hair. The other Monday, there was the elevator scene, when he gave back her ring and told her to wait. And then, on Tuesday, they went for a drive. So, I'd say about one and a half week, from Saturday to the other Tuesday.

Yeah, it's definitely open for interpretation.  Gideon was making the press (and police) think they were broken up from Monday (the day after NC) on, but Eva formally broke up with Gideon that Saturday via phone (while he was at the police station answering questions).  After whichever date you choose as their break-up date, it was Tuesday + one week.  :)

Yeah, it's definitely open for interpretation.  Gideon was making the press (and police) think they were broken up from Monday (the day after NC) on, but Eva formally broke up with Gideon that Saturday via phone (while he was at the police station answering questions).  After whichever date you choose as their break-up date, it was Tuesday + one week.  :)

I'm thinking they weren't back together until the night in her bedroom after their encounter in his foyer the beginning on EWY, so about 2wks plus another 2wks until they go public.  I think the Gideon needed the 'car ride' conversation to settle Eva down so she would stop stirring the pot with his mom, corrine and CV,Jr.  And most important to tell her about the abuse himself and ILY so she could stop drawing attention if the police were following her.   

Corrine is Gideon's former fianceé. And I think she knew, she just didn't care about the baby, was only thinking about herself.

Magdalene is Gideon's friend, the one who talked to Eva in the bathroom in the first book, and whom Christopher was using.

And the redhead was Anne Lucas. Since Eva had seen pictures of her, and they had that talk about Gideon, I'm sure it was Anne.

Who was the red head in the last chapter?

Also do you REALLY think Corinne didn't know she was pregnant? She was FOUR months along. That's a while to not notice the signs.

Finally, who is Magdalene? Gideon's ex fiancée right?

The common thought is the red head is Anne Lucas - Dr Terry Lucas wife that Gideon had an affair with in the past. (and the sister of his abuser)

The jury is still out on Corrine knowing, not-knowing 

Magdalena is a childhood friend (Corrine is the EX) and has been 'in love' with Gideon for a long time.  She also was having s*e*x with Chris Jr, but he was using her.  

I think a lot of these questions have already been answered in the Chapter a Day thread and the Spoilers Thread.  Like Fsumom said, SD has confirmed the lady with the red hair is not Anne Lucas so we can rule her out

:)

I think a lot of these questions have already been answered in the Chapter a Day thread and the Spoilers Thread.  Like Fsumom said, SD has confirmed the lady with the red hair is not Anne Lucas so we can rule her out

Sheens, IIRC, that was the red-haired woman in Bared to You, not the red-haired woman at the end of Entwined with You.  I'm just going by what I've read here; I missed that note from Day.

Sheens, IIRC, that was the red-haired woman in Bared to You, not the red-haired woman at the end of Entwined with You.  I'm just going by what I've read here; I missed that note from Day.

I agree I think the red head in the first book (Bared) is the one that Sylvia said wasn't Anne but the redhead in Entwined is Anne.  She has to be. 

:)

Girl that post is over 100 pages long! To read all that I'd have to quote Sweet Brown "ain't nobody got time for that!" but my questions were answered anyway.

• 4 months later...

In hopes that Captivated By You will be released soon, I have been re-reading the first three books.  I am currently almost at the end of Entwined with You and a few questions came to me, I am not sure if they have already been asked but here goes.

-I know that Eva has asked Clancy about his family and we know that he is married and has siblings that are in the military and law enforcement.  Do we know about Angus and his family, if he has a wife, kids, etc.?

-When Eva finds out about her mother having a tracker placed in her compact, she gets mad at Clancy and tells him that he owes her.  Do we know what she had in mind for that and if so what was it?

-Can anyone tell what Angus and Raul's rolls/jobs are?  I am assuming that Angus is Gideon's primary driver and security, however I assumed when we were first introduced to Raul, that he did late nights, so that Angus was off.  However when Gideon and Eva go to the hospital after Corrine OD, it was odd to me that he had Raul come pick up the DB9 and then texted Angus to get Eva.  I think we all know how important Angus is to Gideon and how he trusts him with everything and that Eva and Angus love each other, but I thought it was odd that Raul was already at the hospital and was either still there or close by, but he texted Angus. What do you make of that?

-Eva said that she wasn't going to answer Megumi's questions on Monday, after she arrives in the office after getting married, until she first told Cary that she was married, however no time at lunch that day or any of the other three days following did she ever actually tell Cary that not only was she already engaged but that she was actually married.  I know personally I have comments multiple times that it is odd that Eva was wearing her ring on Thursday night for the gala and not once did Monica, miss nothing gets past me, notice that her daughter was not only wearing a large ring but one on her left hand, yet Elizabeth who literally does not know her noticed the ring.  So why do you think that Eva has not told ANY of her family and friends about the engagement let alone her marriage?

Hi fayeth

Gideon rang Raul when he was waiting for his DB9 so he and Eva could get to the hospital when they got there Raul dove it away and then Gideon was in the waiting room he must have text angus to pick Eva up because he trust angus to take care of Eva .as for do we know any thing about angus,s family it was not mentioned as for what are angus and Raul job they are body guards and security and driver I find it funny that magumi went missing and yes I find that odd that Eva,s mother did not see the ring she was wearing but Gideon's mother and Magdalena did notice it

tbidwell,

Thank you for responding.  Another thing that caught my guard was that at the gala at the end of the book, Gideon introduces himself to Christine and Walter as Eva's Fiance.  Forget that her Mom and Cary don't know this yet because frankly I doubt that her boss' would be going to talk to her family.  However it is extremely likely that her Christine and Walter would mention this to Mark, imagine how Mark would feel knowing that he and Steven share so much of their life with her and that she is so friendly with them, that she wouldn't even tell him about her engagement.

On these boards we have talked a lot about most of the characters, two of the characters that we have not talked much about are Mark and Steven.  I just love those two.  I think that Mark is an awesome boss and that Steven is just a wonderful friend, to Eva.  I hope that when Eva leaves WF&L, which I think we all know is inevitable, that Mark joins her too.  I really like those two men.

tbidwell,

Thank you for responding.  Another thing that caught my guard was that at the gala at the end of the book, Gideon introduces himself to Christine and Walter as Eva's Fiance.  Forget that her Mom and Cary don't know this yet because frankly I doubt that her boss' would be going to talk to her family.  However it is extremely likely that her Christine and Walter would mention this to Mark, imagine how Mark would feel knowing that he and Steven share so much of their life with her and that she is so friendly with them, that she wouldn't even tell him about her engagement.

On these boards we have talked a lot about most of the characters, two of the characters that we have not talked much about are Mark and Steven.  I just love those two.  I think that Mark is an awesome boss and that Steven is just a wonderful friend, to Eva.  I hope that when Eva leaves WF&L, which I think we all know is inevitable, that Mark joins her too.  I really like those two men.

Hi fayeth

I would agree with you about Eva's mother not noticing her ring when Gideon mother did and so did Magdalena I think she should of told mark and Steven as they told her they were getting married but I don,t she should tell magumi she is a gossip I don,t think it will be long before the next book comes out as the hard cover of bared to you come out on the 28th January and aftershock come out on the 11of march so it has to be February when it come out as that is the next book to come out

• 9 months later...

This is SUPER far fetched, but I am listening to EWY getting ready for tomorrow and something just hit me.  I am listening to Brett talking about his bandmates as he, Ava and Cary are off to the Time Square video release and he mentions that Lance hooked up with a girl last time they were in town and Chris (I think that was his name) is going through some stuff.  Do you think that maybe Megumi, is the "connected" to one of the guys?  The timing seems similar and the story of the being busy and commitment phobic issues, could easily match.  Again I know this is super far fetched, but it just hit me.

This is SUPER far fetched, but I am listening to EWY getting ready for tomorrow and something just hit me.  I am listening to Brett talking about his bandmates as he, Ava and Cary are off to the Time Square video release and he mentions that Lance hooked up with a girl last time they were in town and Chris (I think that was his name) is going through some stuff.  Do you think that maybe Megumi, is the "connected" to one of the guys?  The timing seems similar and the story of the being busy and commitment phobic issues, could easily match.  Again I know this is super far fetched, but it just hit me.

No I dont think that could be it because Michael's family has a home in the Hamptons and I think he is local .