Is Megumi

MegansCoils

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEAD?! This was some speculation over on Goodreads but if I'm not mistaken she has called in to say she was sick. Maybe I am wrong though.

She did call in but Eva never really talked to her so who knows who actually took the calls; someone in human resources...maybe they don't know her well enough to recognize her voice so there may be foul play involved...

DEAD?! This was some speculation over on Goodreads but if I'm not mistaken she has called in to say she was sick. Maybe I am wrong though.

Hi Megan,

It is my understanding that Megumi is sick and not dead.  Someone from HR has supposedly spoken to her, so thus far she is presumed sick, but potentially in some sort of trouble.  No one has spoken to her or her roommate directly (Lacey), so we the readers have been left to speculate.

GiGi  :)

I thought she was calling in but I was not too sure. I put that on Goodreads yet no one has replied. I don't think that she is dead, she's a good person and good people never die in the fictional world. I'm pretty sure she's not just sick though, there is something up with her. Maybe not Chris being involved but something. Then again I guess it would have to be someone we are already introduced to. My thing is with Eva being with Gideon, wouldn't Megumi have to know or at least look up his brother before? I know I'm not the only one who Facebook stalks! lol.

I thought she was calling in but I was not too sure. I put that on Goodreads yet no one has replied. I don't think that she is dead, she's a good person and good people never die in the fictional world. I'm pretty sure she's not just sick though, there is something up with her. Maybe not Chris being involved but something. Then again I guess it would have to be someone we are already introduced to. My thing is with Eva being with Gideon, wouldn't Megumi have to know or at least look up his brother before? I know I'm not the only one who Facebook stalks! lol.

Hi Megan,

I think that Sylvia has added intrigue to a very plain character.  You are absolutely correct; Megumi called in sick, no one spoke to her directly, Eva never spoke to either Megumi or Lacey directly; even though Eva left a message on their home answering machine asking; either of them or both of them, to give her a quick call and let her know that everything is ok.  Thus far Eva's calls haven't been returned.

Now we have to wait and see until the next book, to see if Megumi was just sick, or whether something more sinister is going on with her and Lacey.

A long, long time ago I said that I didn't feel anything happened to her. After she broke up with Michael (who's a bit of a commitment-phobe), I think he revisited and revised and took her away (like Gid did with Eva to SC) to profess his undying love.

I'll admit I may be eating crow at Tableau One when we find out. But hey-everyone's invited!!!

A long, long time ago I said that I didn't feel anything happened to her. After she broke up with Michael (who's a bit of a commitment-phobe), I think he revisited and revised and took her away (like Gid did with Eva to SC) to profess his undying love.

I'll admit I may be eating crow at Tableau One when we find out. But hey-everyone's invited!!!

Huh. I. Eating it with you. :) feathers an all! Lol

Oh I forgot about the cousin thing! When we met him in book 1(?) There was something about him I did not trust. I couldn't put my finger on it. I'd just think if her (step)cousin and Chris/possibly Michael are friends Eva would have had to of known somehow. And again who doesn't look up to see if their friend's hot new boyfriend has a single brother (crickets... just me?) with Gideon that would be much easier than everyday people. But didn't Megumi meet Michael well before Eva's cousin was brought into the picture with Lacey?

And if she's sick, she could still text Eva and reply to all her phone calls.     Something is up for sure !  And isn't her roommate dating the Eva's step-cousin? so that would be just another layer - ohoooo   Six Degrees of Separation or more :)

Martin is Stanton's Nephew....so he is not a step-cousin.  Lacey got it wrong when she thanked Eva....(eva even said she didn't correct her,  they were in the bathroom right before the night club  s e x!!

Yes, Megumi talked about a blind date in EWY, but to my knowledge Eva has never met Michael.

we need a snippet like now!!

Martin is Stanton's Nephew....so he is not a step-cousin.  Lacey got it wrong when she thanked Eva....(eva even said she didn't correct her,  they were in the bathroom right before the night club  s e x!!

Yes, Megumi talked about a blind date in EWY, but to my knowledge Eva has never met Michael.

I think Martin is just that; a member of Eva's step family. I do not get a weird vibe about him. I think he is just a single, twenty something like Eva just embarking on his career in finance and taking advantage of all a big city has to offer which includes clubbing and dating or not!!! LOL. :). :)

I could be wrong and it really doesn't matter, but since Martin is Stanton's Nephew and Stanton is Eva's Step Dad, wouldn't that make Martin Eva's Step-Cousin?  Again it really doesn't matter.

At some point Sylvia was asked if Martin is Michael and the answer was NO.  Although we don't know if Michael is really Michael or someone else going by another name, Sylvia has said that Martin is just a family member and there is no alterior motive behind him.

And if she's sick, she could still text Eva and reply to all her phone calls.     Something is up for sure !  And isn't her roommate dating the Eva's step-cousin? so that would be just another layer - ohoooo   Six Degrees of Separation or more :)

Good point, Fsumom.  So now the question is; what happened to Megumi's fingers/cell phone?  Is she physically not able to send a text (due to illness) or is she being physically prevented from getting word to Eva (kidnapped)...that is the question.... 

That's a really nice alternative Azmich.  It would certainly be better than being beaten up by a boyfriend, or kidnapped by....who knows? 

Amen to the needing of snippets Jmhope! 

I could be wrong and it really doesn't matter, but since Martin is Stanton's Nephew and Stanton is Eva's Step Dad, wouldn't that make Martin Eva's Step-Cousin?  Again it really doesn't matter.

At some point Sylvia was asked if Martin is Michael and the answer was NO.  Although we don't know if Michael is really Michael or someone else going by another name, Sylvia has said that Martin is just a family member and there is no alterior motive behind him.

Hi Fayeth,

If we keep going without a snippet or two for the next book, we will end up concocting some purely sinister backstory for Michael. Sigh!  :(

Maybe Michael and Megumi eloped like someone else we know!!!

LOL  - whatever has happened to her I hope it is resolved quickly so we can concentrate on G & E  :)   

With it less than 20 weeks til 2014 maybe #4 won't make it before Christmas.  Last time she teased us with 1 chapter snapshot a week and these books tend to be 22-24 chapters.  :)   Whenever we get the whole thing we sure need some tempting tidbits to carry us over :)  

LOL  - whatever has happened to her I hope it is resolved quickly so we can concentrate on G & E   :)   

With it less than 20 weeks til 2014 maybe #4 won't make it before Christmas.  Last time she teased us with 1 chapter snapshot a week and these books tend to be 22-24 chapters.   :)   Whenever we get the whole thing we sure need some tempting tidbits to carry us over :)

Good observation Fsumom.  I can hardly wait for Christmas!  :)

LOL  - whatever has happened to her I hope it is resolved quickly so we can concentrate on G & E   :)   

With it less than 20 weeks til 2014 maybe #4 won't make it before Christmas.  Last time she teased us with 1 chapter snapshot a week and these books tend to be 22-24 chapters.   :)   Whenever we get the whole thing we sure need some tempting tidbits to carry us over :)

You're kidding me! 2013 just started like 3 days ago! Ugh where do the years go?

I stand corrected.....Martin is still Stanton's Nephew...but in EWY...Lacey called him her cousin....that is what Eva didn't correct....so I guess in the long run he is her step-cousin....  sorry ladies..

did you guys read who they picked to play CG and AS in FSOG?  The girl Dakota Johnson...looks to be okay, but the guy I can't remember  his name is going to have to have his hair done....couldn't really see his eyes.

I stand corrected.....Martin is still Stanton's Nephew...but in EWY...Lacey called him her cousin....that is what Eva didn't correct....so I guess in the long run he is her step-cousin....  sorry ladies..

did you guys read who they picked to play CG and AS in FSOG?  The girl Dakota Johnson...looks to be okay, but the guy I can't remember  his name is going to have to have his hair done....couldn't really see his eyes.

Charlie Hunnam-whoever he is. IMHO he's gonna' need more than just his hair worked on. Kinda took the wind out of my sails.