Aftershock & Aftershock Snippets

Hi

I have emailed cosmos and they have emailed me back they told me that the department who deals I the e books will get back to me and explain what has gone on if their was something wrong with the books then you would think they would pick up on that months ago on wait until the book is due to go out that is so stupid what is really going on with this book

Looks like Amazon changed the date for paperback too. I emailed them a couple of days ago to see if the paperback was releasing later and this is what I got in reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the disappointment you had regarding the release date of the kindle book "Aftershock (Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin)." That's something we don't want our customers to experience.

As per your concern, I've checked and found that the book had some formatting errors so the publisher of the book "Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin" delayed the delivery of the book from November 12 to March 11, 2014. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Further, I've also escalated this issue to our kindle publishing team and I can assure you that this issue will be corrected soon.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

I realize this experience hasn't been as positive as you'd hoped, but I hope you'll consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance in the future.

I hope this helps. We look forward to see you again soon.

I love Amazon. Their customer service is always great. Obviously it's not their fault the book is delayed.

I tried emailing Cosmo also, but I got an auto response, generic, that they are so backed up w emails that they couldn't respond. Nice, huh? I tired Cosmo and Harlequin. Auto reply from both.

:(

Hi Tbidwell & Nathalia,

If either of you ladies or any of the other ladies in the forum get a chance, you might want to try and give the publishing companies a phone call, to let them know that the delay of the book, is unacceptable.  If you actually call or write a letter, it forces executives from the publishing companies to put someone on the phone or to actually sit and open letters.

Phone calls and actual physical mail has to be recorded and documented, which ensures that a person's complaint is actually being recorded.  Unfortunately, some companies do not deal with incoming emails in the same way.  There have been several documented cases, in Canada, where companies have reprimanded for "dumping" emails (i.e. not recording or responding to said emails appropriately, or dealing with the issue in the complaint email).  I would think that the same situation may have occurred in the US as well, if not other countries.  

Hi Tbidwell & Nathalia,

If either of you ladies or any of the other ladies in the forum get a chance, you might want to try and give the publishing companies a phone call, to let them know that the delay of the book, is unacceptable.  If you actually call or write a letter, it forces executives from the publishing companies to put someone on the phone or to actually sit and open letters.

Phone calls and actual physical mail has to be recorded and documented, which ensures that a person's complaint is actually being recorded.  Unfortunately, some companies do not deal with incoming emails in the same way.  There have been several documented cases, in Canada, where companies have reprimanded for "dumping" emails (i.e. not recording or responding to said emails appropriately, or dealing with the issue in the complaint email).  I would think that the same situation may have occurred in the US as well, if not other countries.

Hi everyone, I e-mailed Penguin publishing and am currently waiting for a response. I didn't hold back my disappointment so let's hope they get the message.

Hi everyone, I e-mailed Penguin publishing and am currently waiting for a response. I didn't hold back my disappointment so let's hope they get the message.

Hi dgcaffeine

You have to email cosmos that,s the publishers who back dated it I have emailed them twice now if I don,t get a reply I shall write another email until I get a reply we have the rights to know what is going on I we are the one who buy these books we don,t won't to be mucked about penguin does the crossfire books cosmos does the aftersburn/aftershock books I ordered the afterburn/aftershock CDs and they should be with me by 9th dec

Hi dgcaffeine

You have to email cosmos that,s the publishers who back dated it I have emailed them twice now if I don,t get a reply I shall write another email until I get a reply we have the rights to know what is going on I we are the one who buy these books we don,t won't to be mucked about penguin does the crossfire books cosmos does the aftersburn/aftershock books I ordered the afterburn/aftershock CDs and they should be with me by 9th dec

Hi tbidwell, I wrote to Penguin to complain about the delays in the Crossfire series not Afterburn/Aftershock.(I saw this post & decided to mention it-I probably should have used another thread). Good for you for being relentless in your letter writing. I plan to do the same.

This is definitely bad business and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

I lady's

I have ordered afterburn/aftershock I should get it on 9th of dec I have just rang amazon and they have confirmed it this is the cd not the book that is not coming out until 11march 14

Really? Wow...enjoy it! Thanks for he heads up . So not digital audio?

I hope you're feeling better Sylvia! Get well soon :)

Hey ladies , Sylvia posted this today ... Not sure where to post, so I'll put it here :

Sylvia Day

5 hours ago

LONG POST ALERT: Leading to ‪#‎AFTERSHOCK‬ information

I’ve intended to post this explanation since I returned home from the hospital on Monday, but I haven’t been able to until now--I apologize for that. Catching up after a two-week hiatus from work is a daunting and exhausting task, plus being occasionally intoxicated by medication doesn’t help.

Before you get too worried, I’m not terminally ill. I had surgery to address a quality of life issue (you know the kind… you don’t *have* to fix it, but your quality of life would be better if you do), but once the surgeon got to work, he found something more serious that I’d managed to ignore and *that* needed to be fixed so he did. This means that what was expected to be a routine recovery became an unexpectedly more painful and longer one.

Now on to information about AFTERSHOCK…

As you’ve likely become aware of by now, the release date for AFTERSHOCK (the ending of Jax and Gia’s story) was moved back. I learned about this via my Facebook wall when a librarian posted that she’d been at work and was told that the release date had been cancelled. That was the first I heard of it, so I sent an email to my agent. She emailed the publisher, who then confirmed that they’d moved the release date and told everyone except my team and me. Should that sort of thing happen? No, of course not, but it does, I’m sorry to say.

I posted the news on the Sylvia Day Fan Community message boards (www.sylviaday.net) on November 1st. At the time, I didn’t know when the book was going to release, only that it wasn’t going to be released on November 12th. I went into surgery on November 4th. During the two weeks following, the publisher emailed my agent to say that they were moving the book to March 11th. Since I was offline and in the hospital recuperating at the time, I didn’t find out about this until later and I wasn’t in any condition to be drafting posts at the time. Since I’m one of those authors who doesn’t hire out their social media to assistants (aside from giveaways!), explaining everything to you all had to wait until I was in adequate condition to do so myself.

So that’s what I know about the release of AFTERSHOCK at this time. If anything changes, I’ll be sure to let you know as quickly as I can, just as I always do. As I’m sure you all understand, there were extenuating circumstances in this instance that forced me to be delayed in updating you, but it’s certainly not the norm nor will it ever become the norm.

In the interim, SPELLBOUND is due to be released in just a few days (and it’s NOT moving!) and I’ll be posting quotes from Max and Victoria’s story over the next week. US readers who'd like a bigger taste can download the first TWO chapters for FREE right now: http://www.harpercollins.com/books/Spellbound-Sylvia-Day/?isbn=9780062336088 (The UK/AUZ edition has a different cover and publisher - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GJ8A82C/ - but the same release date: December 3rd)

Thank you for your understanding, support, prayers, and good wishes. I appreciate them all and I appreciate you. It is always my #1 priority to deliver strong, well-written, and deeply loved stories to you. While it seems like so many things are up in the air and you’re waiting on several stories from me, I can promise you that my commitment to writing the very best stories I can will never waver.

All my best,

Sylvia

I saw that yesterday and forgot to post it.  After reading it, several things came to mind.  First and foremost, I feel bad for Sylvia.  I hope she is recovering well.  I feel she is overworked with all the travel plus whatever else she is dealing with surgically.  Second, we got a very clear explanation about AFTERSHOCK.  She is the last to know?  Seriously?  Third, I downloaded the free sample of SPELLBOUND  even though I am not sure about this.  I have read almost everything she writes but not sure here.  Will see.  Fourth, and most relevant here, the absence of info on CBY is glaring.  Either the stupid publisher tells her nothing or she is keeping to her word and saying nothing until it is written in stone.  This publisher is on my last nerve.  At this rate, CBY will be released around May with the fifth book to be released a May 2015.  TV series?  Fall 2015.  That is my guess.

Feel better, Sylvia.

I saw that yesterday and forgot to post it.  After reading it, several things came to mind.  First and foremost, I feel bad for Sylvia.  I hope she is recovering well.  I feel she is overworked with all the travel plus whatever else she is dealing with surgically.  Second, we got a very clear explanation about AFTERSHOCK.  She is the last to know?  Seriously?  Third, I downloaded the free sample of SPELLBOUND  even though I am not sure about this.  I have read almost everything she writes but not sure here.  Will see.  Fourth, and most relevant here, the absence of info on CBY is glaring.  Either the stupid publisher tells her nothing or she is keeping to her word and saying nothing until it is written in stone.  This publisher is on my last nerve.  At this rate, CBY will be released around May with the fifth book to be released a May 2015.  TV series?  Fall 2015.  That is my guess.

Feel better, Sylvia.

Hi GLH, my sentments exactly. If a publisher & writer can't have a good honest relationship then I say screw'em. After this series I would say bye & nice knowing you. Sylvia is a very gifted writer with countless numbers of fans who have, by the way, made lots of money for this publisher. It is time to start treating Sylvia with courtesy & respect & stop delaying this series & every other book. Keep her informed as well as her devoted fans. I hope they are listening.

• 2 months later...

Saw this on Sylvia's website. Seems to be an extended excerpt:

SEND TO KINDLE JUMP TO ORDERING OPTIONS

This excerpt contains adult material and is intended for readers 18 years of age or older.

I’d just hung my makeup bag on the towel rack when the room phone started ringing. Knowing I probably took a lot more time than Chad did to unpack, I expected he was ready to head down to see the construction site of his restaurant in the very same hotel we were staying in. The Atlanta Mondego was being turned into a destination with a capital D, and I would soon have the dust on the soles of my Jimmy Choos to prove it.

Grabbing the receiver off the bathroom wall, I tucked it into the crook of my neck and said, “Hey. You settled in already?â€

“Gia, it. Turn on your cell phone!â€

Jax’s deep, sexy voice slid across my senses, bringing with it a rush of heated and beloved memories.

Something inside me tingled with pleasure that he’d gone to the trouble of tracking me down. Jackson Rutledge was a busy guy with his pick of women. Following me around the country was entirely unnecessary. And really flattering.

I leaned against the bathroom counter. “Newsflash–I’m avoiding you.â€

“Good luck with that.â€

My jaw tightened. So what if he was an animal in bed? So what if I was happy to hear from him? I was still mad at him. “I’m hanging up now.â€

“You can’t run from me,†he said tightly. “And you can’t pull that s*** you pulled yesterday. We need to talk.â€

“I agree, but that usually means you tell me I’m only ever going to be a buddy to you and you don’t give me any reasons why. I don’t have the patience to run around in circles. Unless you’ve got real answers for me, I’m not giving you any more of my time.â€

“You’re going to give me a of a lot more than time, Gia.â€

A shiver of awareness moved through me. I knew that tone of his. It was his I’m-going-to-bang-the--out-of-you tone. “You wish.â€

“I’m about to land, Gia. I’ll be at the hotel within the hour and you’re going to see me.â€

“What?†My pulse gave a traitorous leap of excitement. My sex drive had been revved since I’d left him the night before. It was all too eager to cross the finish line. “I can’t believe you followed me to Atlanta! How the did you know where I was?â€

“Your sister-in-law.â€

Denise was going to be hearing from me. She knew better, which meant she’d done it on purpose. “Well, turn around and fly home again. I’m working, Jax. I don’t trust you to be around my work.â€

His sharply indrawn breath told me I’d scored a hit.

“Fine,†he snapped. “I’ll send a car for you. We’ll meet at my hotel.â€

“I’ve got stuff to do today. I’ll let you know when I have a moment, and I’ll find a neutral place for us to meet.†A bar, maybe, or even a shopping mall. Someplace where intimacy wouldn’t be a problem. Sadly, I couldn’t trust myself around him now that I knew how he felt about me.

“My hotel, Gia,†he reiterated. “A public place won’t save you. We’re going to , long and hard, wherever we end up. Better we don’t end up in jail and splashed all over the tabloids while doing it, don’t you think?â€

“You’ve really got to do something about that ego.â€

“Baby, I’ll crawl on my hands and knees if that’s what it takes.â€

It was my turn to suck in a deep breath. He knew how to get to me, how to open me up and leave me defenseless. I tried to do the same thing to him. “Tell me you love me, Jax.â€

There was a moment of silence. “Loving each other isn’t our problem.â€

He hung up, leaving me holding on to an empty connection. As usual.

Anyone else a little suspicious of Jax flying to Atlanta? I re-read Afterburn last night, and I was thinking about how after spending the day w/ Gia, Jax made a phone call messed up the deal she was working on even more. Now she's in Atlanta for work, and he's there. Why couldn't he just wait till she got home? Worried about maybe her hooking up w/ Chad? She was close to it. Or looking into what was happening w/ her deal?. I just hope he doesn't mess w/ her work anymore.

Can't wait till March 11th!

• 2 weeks later...

AFTERSHOCK – Snippet #3

Jax undressed me, washed his semen away with a warm washcloth, and arranged me on the bed. I was limp and breathless the whole time, and slightly irritated that he could move and think while I was a brainless mess of postorgasmic endorphins.

“You suck,†I told him when he finally sprawled on the bed beside me, gloriously naked.

He propped his head in his hand and grinned, his fingers running lightly down my cleavage to circle my navel. “Guess you missed the ten minutes it took for me to be able to stand up.â€

“I’m taking you down for the count next time,†I grumbled.

“Mmm…†Leaning over me, he pressed his lips to mine. “I’m just happy there’s a next time. Lots of next times. You’ve got two years to make up for.â€

My eyes narrowed. “I’m not taking the blame. You walked. Whether or not I followed, you’re the one who bailed.â€

“So I have two years to make up for.†He slid over me, kneeing my thighs open and settling between them. “I better get started.â€

Coming March 11!

• 2 weeks later...

Not reading snippets.  The story is too short.  Just reread AFTERBURN.  Geez, Sylvia is good.  Looking forward to reading AFTERSHOCK tomorrow.  Only takes a couple of hours.  I don't like the novellas.  Too short.  Jax and Gia deserve more.