The NYC Gid-Eva Wedding

dgcaffeine

Which month are we in, for the Gideon and Eva saga? Do you think that Monica would be able to pull off a late September/early October wedding? The sooner the better I say...:)

The Plaza Hotel or the Waldorf Astoria Hotel both have fabulous reception sites....so does Tavern on the Green...oh so many choices...now where is the groom? :)

Tavern on the a Green has been closed for years and is a wreck. Gideon would have to restore it. Monica wanted The Pierre which is actually a more exclusive location.

I think book three ends in August.

Now that I think about it Tavern on the Green could eliminate the problem of the other venues already having been reserved and the Crystal Room is/was fabulous!! In the fall with Central Park trees changing color in the background and riding up in a hansom cab.....very romantic in the late afternoon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tavern on the a Green has been closed for years and is a wreck. Gideon would have to restore it. Monica wanted The Pierre which is actually a more exclusive location.

I think book three ends in August.

Now that I think about it Tavern on the Green could eliminate the problem of the other venues already having been reserved and the Crystal Room is/was fabulous!! In the fall with Central Park trees changing color in the background and riding up in a hansom cab.....very romantic in the late afternoon

I believe the Tavern on the Green did reopen.   I was at a Christmas reception there and absolutely beautiful buy anything for his Eva.

Checked the web before I posted. Central Park.com said may reopen later this year, 2013. September 27, 2013 article said developer needs more money to open. Personally took pictures in summer 2012 and it was definitely closed and damaged. Only visitor center opened to distribute visitor information.

I do not know about Christmas. Maybe it was a partial restoration.

They sure can! But like i've said before I would prefer if they don't do a huge wedding and I prefer we never find out what their vows were. Just a personal preference but of course I wont mind reading if they do the NYC wedding! lol

I agree Fluffy. What happened in the windward islands stays in the windward islands. It made it intimate for just the two of them. And Angus. Bless him

Checked the web before I posted. Central Park.com said may reopen later this year, 2013. September 27, 2013 article said developer needs more money to open. Personally took pictures in summer 2012 and it was definitely closed and damaged. Only visitor center opened to distribute visitor information.

I do not know about Christmas. Maybe it was a partial restoration.

The wedding was a few years ago.

The wedding was a few years ago.

We agree was magnificent.

Plot line

Gideon is in a hurry. The Pierre is not available. He restores Tavern on the Green then after the wedding turns it over to Shawna and Arnoldo to run as a special events center. Then we see what happens. ;)

I agree with this Gigi I think Deanna was at this event where Anne was also and I think Gideon put the moves on her or as Eva says just crooked his finger and she came running. She was probably salivating lol . I do not think there is anything more to the Deanna "hook-up" but I do wonder what she was referring to when she told Eva he had a "dark side". Eva assumed this was a sexual reference but maybe not so much what do you all think?

Hi Sscrph,

I agree with you.  Who exactly knows what Deanna meant when she said that Gideon had a "dark side".  Maybe Deanna did some digging on Gideon post "coitus interuptus or lack there of ...is... (just kidding) and she found out a little bit about Gideon's past; card counting, father's ponzi scheme, suicide, etc.? 

Somehow I would find it difficult to believe that Deanna would be able to dig up something substantial on Gideon's background,given the fact that thus far, he has been meticulous about remaining private.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

GiGi & sscrph, I like & agree with what both of you have said. Gideon wasn't interested in Deanna really...she was just a means to get rid of Anne. As far as Deanna saying Gideon having a dark side...according to Gideon they only spent that one time together (& he didn't finish)...he also said he barely spoke a few words to her. I'm just wondering if the dark side comment is coming from Deanna just spying/stalking him. What do you think?

Hi Dgcaffeine,

That is plausible.  He*l hath no fury like a woman scorned; or so the saying goes.  I think that it would be entirely possible that Deanna may have started "stalking" Gideon after he and Eva came out as a couple. 

I believe the Tavern on the Green did reopen.   I was at a Christmas reception there and absolutely beautiful buy anything for his Eva.

I am sure that you must have had a wonderful time Donna.  The photos of the restaurant and the surrounding park look absolutely beautiful.  :)

The oldies have which includes me.

We did.  I hope they take another trip there.  Gideon opens up to Eva there because he relaxes.  I hope Eva doesn't associate bad memories of her return to NYC.

I thought we had discussed it, Donnad oldies include me as well..

I don't think it will bring up bad memories with Eva Sharon she loved that home and I think she would love it again as long as Gideon is there with her :)

Hey GiGi

Didn't we already discuss Gideon giving Eva the beach house as a gift or buying it now they are together 

This is getting so repetitive :(

Hi Sheens,

Yes we discussed the beautiful beach house and what Gideon and Eva were going to do with it.  Or should I say, what Gideon was suggesting (and we were whole heartedly agreeing with! :)) in buying property together...sigh! 

We did.  I hope they take another trip there.  Gideon opens up to Eva there because he relaxes.  I hope Eva doesn't associate bad memories of her return to NYC.

I thought we had discussed it, Donnad oldies include me as well..

I don't think it will bring up bad memories with Eva Sharon she loved that home and I think she would love it again as long as Gideon is there with her :)

Hi Sharon & Sheens,

What amazes me most is that regardless of the location; Eva is Gideon's emotional safe place.  That couldn't be any more clear than when Gideon went back into his childhood home to get Eva.  He even had se* in a room where I personally suspect that he was abused in.

I think that Gideon was able to face a horrible memory (in the family library) and replace it with something beautiful, someone beautiful and a beautiful (and passionate) consensual experience.  If that isn't love in action, then I don't know what is.   

I don't think that the location matters per say.  What matters is that Gideon has Eva to fall back on emotionally. Everything else is just a bonus.  :)

Hi Sharon & Sheens,

What amazes me most is that regardless of the location; Eva is Gideon's emotional safe place.  That couldn't be any more clear than when Gideon went back into his childhood home to get Eva.  He even had se* in a room where I personally suspect that he was abused in.

I think that Gideon was able to face a horrible memory (in the family library) and replace it with something beautiful, someone beautiful and a beautiful (and passionate) consensual experience.  If that isn't love in action, then I don't know what is.   

I don't think that the location matters per say.  What matters is that Gideon has Eva to fall back on emotionally. Everything else is just a bonus.  :)

Well said Gigi!! :). :)

I think that the wedding will take place in a property that Gideon owns.  He owns half the city so it seems.  lol.  That way it will happen sooner rather than later. Anyway, wherever it is, Monica will put together an amazing wedding.  Eva says she is great at event planning.  I have every confidence that the wedding will be incredible.  Sylvia will make sure of it.  ;-)

I really would love to hear their vows.