The NYC Gid-Eva Wedding

dgcaffeine

I am going through major Crossfire withdrawl so here are my hopes/predictions for the book 4 NYC

wedding. (It might have to wait until book 5 because trouble seems to find this couple everywhere).

First, Monica will have to plan fast!!! With her unlimited budget (I doubt she ever uses that word) and Gideon's lack of patience for all to realize that Eva is his, Monica must make this happen quickly.

I would hope to see the actual wedding ceremony take place in a huge cathedral with vast ceilings and ornate architecture. Since neither parties are religious (and that's fine), it would be a simple ceremony without any sort of mass. I can see Gideon standing at the top of the long aisle with best man (either Arnoldo or Angus) as Eva walks towards him arm & arm with her father Victor. The reality of what is happening in front of all their friends & relatives will stun & delight Gideon & I'm sure his eyes will become a little glossy as he sees the beauty of Eva. I hope on this day Eva wears water-proof mascara (a must have tip from Monica & Cary-i'm sure)-she will most likely shed a few tears as she stares at the lovely Gideon specimen she is about to marry for the second time.

After the marriage ceremony they will stand outside at the top of the steps of the cathedral where an army of photographers will be snapping away for that perfect shot. Deanna the reporter will be standing, watching from across the street as she was not invited to the wedding. (Gideon has promised her exclusive photos to keep her mouth shut re; the Eva sex tape) As the guests make their way out of the cathedral to congratulate Gideon & Eva, Monica will be crying & Stanton will be at her side, Ireland will be thrilled, Chris & Elizabeth Vidal will be happy but Elizabeth will still be a little frosty towards Eva (if the wedding occurs in book 4 -the issues between Gideon & his mother will still need to be addressed), Christopher Jr will have a nasty snarl on his face from afar but will congratulate Eva & Gideon.

I can see Gideon in a traditional tux with tails (he's so tall) & Eva in a lovely Vera Wang wedding dress chosen together by Monica, Cary & herself. Cary will be her man of honor. Ushers & bridesmaids: Arnoldo (if not the best man, maybe Christopher jr. -just to keep family in the mix, and Megumi & Ireland.

The reception will be held again at a huge venue only the very rich can afford (and that's not me)

with high ceilings & huge floorplan to accomodate the many guests, flowers and a spacious dance floor.

For Gideon-Eva's first dance, I might consider the song "I need you" by Leann Rhimes. Nothing comes to mind yet for the father-daughter dance.

Other guests: Cary came with Trey, (in my mind Tatiana is not pregnant & totally out of the picture) Eva's boss Mark & his guy Steven, Shawna & her chef-boyfriend, of course Elizabeth & Chris Sr., Richard Stanton (Monica's hubby), the Exec's from Eva's workplace & some from Gideon's (never mentioned in the book but as in any large business-they are there, Gideon's assistant Scott (I really like him), Stanton's nephew-Martin & Lacey (Megumi's roomate), Clancy & his wife, Raul, (the other driver & part of security team for Gideon, Magalene & her new guy Gage, Will (Eva's co-worker & sometimes lunch-mate) & girlfriend... did I leave out anyone??? ...and of course that trouble-maker Corinne & hubby Giroux will have packed themselves up & are now living in France with no plans to return. Brett Kline...on tour somewhere but not NYC .

Honeymoon...where should they go??? They both seem to have a love of beaches...but where to?

...only Sylvia knows.

(I think I got that out of my system...any thoughts anyone?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going through major Crossfire withdrawl so here are my hopes/predictions for the book 4 NYC

wedding. (It might have to wait until book 5 because trouble seems to find this couple everywhere).

First, Monica will have to plan fast!!! With her unlimited budget (I doubt she ever uses that word) and Gideon's lack of patience for all to realize that Eva is his, Monica must make this happen quickly.

I would hope to see the actual wedding ceremony take place in a huge cathedral with vast ceilings and ornate architecture. Since neither parties are religious (and that's fine), it would be a simple ceremony without any sort of mass. I can see Gideon standing at the top of the long aisle with best man (either Arnoldo or Angus) as Eva walks towards him arm & arm with her father Victor. The reality of what is happening in front of all their friends & relatives will stun & delight Gideon & I'm sure his eyes will become a little glossy as he sees the beauty of Eva. I hope on this day Eva wears water-proof mascara (a must have tip from Monica & Cary-i'm sure)-she will most likely shed a few tears as she stares at the lovely Gideon specimen she is about to marry for the second time.

After the marriage ceremony they will stand outside at the top of the steps of the cathedral where an army of photographers will be snapping away for that perfect shot. Deanna the reporter will be standing, watching from across the street as she was not invited to the wedding. (Gideon has promised her exclusive photos to keep her mouth shut re; the Eva sex tape) As the guests make their way out of the cathedral to congratulate Gideon & Eva, Monica will be crying & Stanton will be at her side, Ireland will be thrilled, Chris & Elizabeth Vidal will be happy but Elizabeth will still be a little frosty towards Eva (if the wedding occurs in book 4 -the issues between Gideon & his mother will still need to be addressed), Christopher Jr will have a nasty snarl on his face from afar but will congratulate Eva & Gideon.

I can see Gideon in a traditional tux with tails (he's so tall) & Eva in a lovely Vera Wang wedding dress chosen together by Monica, Cary & herself. Cary will be her man of honor. Ushers & bridesmaids: Arnoldo (if not the best man, maybe Christopher jr. -just to keep family in the mix, and Megumi & Ireland.

The reception will be held again at a huge venue only the very rich can afford (and that's not me)

with high ceilings & huge floorplan to accomodate the many guests, flowers and a spacious dance floor.

For Gideon-Eva's first dance, I might consider the song "I need you" by Leann Rhimes. Nothing comes to mind yet for the father-daughter dance.

Other guests: Cary came with Trey, (in my mind Tatiana is not pregnant & totally out of the picture) Eva's boss Mark & his guy Steven, Shawna & her chef-boyfriend, of course Elizabeth & Chris Sr., Richard Stanton (Monica's hubby), the Exec's from Eva's workplace & some from Gideon's (never mentioned in the book but as in any large business-they are there, Gideon's assistant Scott (I really like him), Stanton's nephew-Martin & Lacey (Megumi's roomate), Clancy & his wife, Raul, (the other driver & part of security team for Gideon, Magalene & her new guy Gage, Will (Eva's co-worker & sometimes lunch-mate) & girlfriend... did I leave out anyone??? ...and of course that trouble-maker Corinne & hubby Giroux will have packed themselves up & are now living in France with no plans to return. Brett Kline...on tour somewhere but not NYC .

Honeymoon...where should they go??? They both seem to have a love of beaches...but where to?

...only Sylvia knows.

I think Gideon will give Eva the NC beach house as a wedding present , it may be too chilly to go there for the honeymoon so I'm thinking maybe back to the Crosswinds Resort or my personal favorite Italy since Eva loves to eat!!

Dgcaffeine, I like the ideas you put out there regarding the wedding, but I have to say that neither has had any religious leanings that we have seen. I think the wedding may be held in one of Gideon's grander properties in the city.

I do think that Cary will be the 'Man of Honor' for Eva, with Ireland and Shawna as bridesmaids (maybe Megumi also). Not sure whether Christopher will stand up with Gideon. I am just not sure how that would work out. We haven't met many of his friends, but I do see Arnoldo and Angus standing up as best man/ groomsmen.

I think Victor will be great walking Eva down the aisle. But I also see some possible drama with Victor and Monica.

I do love the way you see the wedding though.

Hi Avid_ reader, I think an evening candle light wedding would be nice, although a daytime wedding would give Sylvia a chance to stretch out their beautiful day. What can I say...I'm torn.

Also, I think I was misunderstood re: the cathedral setting that I described in the first wedding post. I wasn't trying to include religion in their wedding or this book. (I am not religious at all). I know NYC  has some old & huge cathedral churches & I just thought it would make a lovely setting for a wedding ceremony.

Agree about the beautiful cathedrals. But I see them with a society wedding at one of Gideon's properties. Also, to keep the press away, don't you think they will have to go with a private venue? Maybe even Monica and Stanton's place. Certainly not the Vidal home. I don't think Gideon could bear that.

If Deanna is getting an exclusive, don't you think she will get an invite?

...only Sylvia knows.

Hi Dgcaffeine,

You have some very lovely theories about the upcoming nuptials.  :)  I am not sure if Gideon and Eva will be able to get married in a cathedral.  A person has to be a member of that church in order to be able to get married there.  Then again, money can always make things magically possible...:)

I hope that Victor gets to walk Eva down the aisle.  I think that it would be a very special moments for the two of them.

If Elizabeth Vidal attends the wedding, I think it will be with a very sour look on her face.  She thinks that Eva is filling Gideon's head with lies (i.e. about the abuse he suffered as a child).  I can't see how she will be able to reconcile that belief with being happy for Gideon and Eva on their wedding day.  I wonder how Sylvia will handle this very topic.

The rest I will have to think about.  Thanks for posting your theory.. :)

Agree about the beautiful cathedrals. But I see them with a society wedding at one of Gideon's properties. Also, to keep the press away, don't you think they will have to go with a private venue? Maybe even Monica and Stanton's place. Certainly not the Vidal home. I don't think Gideon could bear that.

If Deanna is getting an exclusive, don't you think she will get an invite?

Hi Avid Reader & Dgcaffeine,

If Deanna is getting an exclusive on the wedding of the year; it would only make sense that she would get an invitation to the wedding and reception.  I don't think that she would have carte blanche access to the festivities; I think that she would be flanked by security at all times so that what is able to gain access to is limited only to what Gideon and Eva want her to see.  What do you ladies think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Avid Reader & Dgcaffeine,

If Deanna is getting an exclusive on the wedding of the year; it would only make sense that she would get an invitation to the wedding and reception.  I don't think that she would have carte blanche access to the festivities; I think that she would be flanked by security at all times so that what is able to gain access to is limited only to what Gideon and Eva want her to see.  What do you ladies think?  What does everyone think?

I don't know about this... I think it would be in poor taste to have Deanna as a guest at Gideva's wedding, I think that Eva would not be very happy about this and we all know Gideon lives to make Eva happy so I am curious as to how Sylvia will handle this...she will get exclusive wedding photos from Gideon's PR people (aka Eva lol) but that doesn't mean she actually has to attend the wedding. I don't think anyone would want their husband's FU-- buddies at their wedding do you??

sscrph, I agree with you. At the end of book 3 EWY, Eva was making her way back to her table at the fundraiser & flipped when she saw Deanna sitting next to Gideon with her hand on his forearm. If invited to the wedding, Deanna would try, at some point to spend time with Gideon, even if only to discuss the sex video & its destruction. (and I don't think Gideon would appreciate Brett at the wedding either...not that he would be invited, but  he is a former sex partner of Eva's & Gideon would flip over this as well.

I don't know about this... I think it would be in poor taste to have Deanna as a guest at Gideva's wedding, I think that Eva would not be very happy about this and we all know Gideon lives to make Eva happy so I am curious as to how Sylvia will handle this...she will get exclusive wedding photos from Gideon's PR people (aka Eva lol) but that doesn't mean she actually has to attend the wedding. I don't think anyone would want their husband's FU-- buddies at their wedding do you??

Hi Sscrph,

I was thinking about what you said and I was thinking about the situation from the perspective of Deanna not being treated as a guest, but as an employee of sorts.  She isn't there to hob-knob with the guests, she is there to get the photos and the exclusive on the wedding.

I personally wouldn't have given Deanna the time of day, but for whatever reason Gideon decided to give Deanna the exclusive.  I wish I was privy to what exactly was said between the two of them. I had stated in the past that; although a se* tape would be embarrassing and uncomfortable for Eva, it wouldn't be the end of the world for either Gideon or Eva.  My point of reference for this position is looking at socialites, royalty and hollywood stars.  Both Gideon and Eva would have the capacity and capability to overcome such a video.

As far as the whole Deanna/Gideon thing, I don't know whether Eva would be upset by Deanna's presence at the wedding. As a woman, I would have been more upset with my husband/fiance (wink, wink) for ever agreeing to have anything to do with Deanna to begin with.  What the heck did Deanna say to Gideon, to get him to give her the exclusive?  Eva didn't knowingly make a se* tape with Brett and as such I would have let the ball roll and let Deanna hang herself with her "huge expose" about that se* tape.  In the end, I believe that it would have backfired on Deanna and she would have lost professional credibility.

I know that what I have just written may make people balk and that what I have stated would be an extremely difficult road to walk, but I cannot accept blackmail....period!!  By agreeing to some blackmailer's demands; I would make myself a victim again.  I would rather face the "music" (so to speak) and tell my side of the story than to ever agree to being openly victimized by someone.  Once you agree to be blackmailed, the person who is blackmailing you will never stop.  There is no end.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

sscrph, I agree with you. At the end of book 3 EWY, Eva was making her way back to her table at the fundraiser & flipped when she saw Deanna sitting next to Gideon with her hand on his forearm. If invited to the wedding, Deanna would try, at some point to spend time with Gideon, even if only to discuss the sex video & its destruction. (and I don't think Gideon would appreciate Brett at the wedding either...not that he would be invited, but  he is a former sex partner of Eva's & Gideon would flip over this as well.

Hi Dgcaffeine,

Could it be that if Gideon is inviting Deanna to the wedding; that he may be planning something where Deanna will have the opportunity to "show her true colours" and thereby hang herself professionally?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi GiGi, you may have sonething there. Gideon is very shrewd & may try sonething to make Deanna make her own bed, so to speak. Personally, If I were treated like Gideon treated Deanna during that one & only sexual encounter, I'm not convinced that $$$

and the rights to exclusive wedding pics would satisffy me. She must have a deep rooted dislike for Eva for snagging the big prize which is Gideon.

Hi Sscrph,

I was thinking about what you said and I was thinking about the situation from the perspective of Deanna not being treated as a guest, but as an employee of sorts.  She isn't there to hob-knob with the guests, she is there to get the photos and the exclusive on the wedding.

I personally wouldn't have given Deanna the time of day, but for whatever reason Gideon decided to give Deanna the exclusive.  I wish I was privy to what exactly was said between the two of them. I had stated in the past that; although a se* tape would be embarrassing and uncomfortable for Eva, it wouldn't be the end of the world for either Gideon or Eva.  My point of reference for this position is looking at socialites, royalty and hollywood stars.  Both Gideon and Eva would have the capacity and capability to overcome such a video.

As far as the whole Deanna/Gideon thing, I don't know whether Eva would be upset by Deanna's presence at the wedding. As a woman, I would have been more upset with my husband/fiance (wink, wink) for ever agreeing to have anything to do with Deanna to begin with.  What the heck did Deanna say to Gideon, to get him to give her the exclusive?  Eva didn't knowingly make a se* tape with Brett and as such I would have let the ball roll and let Deanna hang herself with her "huge expose" about that se* tape.  In the end, I believe that it would have backfired on Deanna and she would have lost professional credibility.

I know that what I have just written may make people balk and that what I have stated would be an extremely difficult road to walk, but I cannot accept blackmail....period!!  By agreeing to some blackmailer's demands; I would make myself a victim again.  I would rather face the "music" (so to speak) and tell my side of the story than to ever agree to being openly victimized by someone.  Once you agree to be blackmailed, the person who is blackmailing you will never stop.  There is no end.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Well Gigi you certainly make a good point and I'm wondering why a brilliant businessman such as Gideon would give in to blackmail demands; we know he didn't even cave to Nathan Barker!! Maybe there is more to the story, maybe Gideon has a surprise for those parasites!! You never know how Sylvia will write it but I can't wait to find out. :). :)

Hi GiGi, you may have sonething there. Gideon is very shrewd & may try sonething to make Deanna make her own bed, so to speak. Personally, If I were treated like Gideon treated Deanna during that one & only sexual encounter, I'm not convinced that $$$

and the rights to exclusive wedding pics would satisffy me. She must have a deep rooted dislike for Eva for snagging the big prize which is Gideon.

Totally agree with this still do not trust Deanna!!! And let's not forget those chilling words from BTY when Gideon described what he would do to any reporter that exposed Eva's abuse history. As far as we know there is only one reporter in the story and if she is stupid enough to expose Eva's tragic past for revenge on Gideon there is no way her career will ever recover. Gideon is a hard man in a lot of ways says Eva herself and he softens for her absolutely but if Deanna hurts his Angel she is done!!

Well Gigi you certainly make a good point and I'm wondering why a brilliant businessman such as Gideon would give in to blackmail demands; we know he didn't even cave to Nathan Barker!! Maybe there is more to the story, maybe Gideon has a surprise for those parasites!! You never know how Sylvia will write it but I can't wait to find out. :). :)

I don't think she blackmailed Gideon. She gave him a heads up on the sex tape because he apologized to her last time he saw her. He offered her exclusive rights to their wedding to keep her from reporting the sex tape.

Hi Dgcaffeine,

I agree.   How Gideon treated Deanna was not nice, but how does it justify the level of hatred that Deanna seems to have for this man?  Surely something more must be going on...

I can hardly wait for the next book Sscrph!  :) 

I don't think she blackmailed Gideon. She gave him a heads up on the sex tape because he apologized to her last time he saw her. He offered her exclusive rights to their wedding to keep her from reporting the sex tape.

Hi Jls,

In a way isn't that a form of blackmail?  I was just wondering.