The NYC Gid-Eva Wedding

dgcaffeine

You know what they say about a woman scorned...I'm thinking that Deanna's hatred for the happiness of Gideon & Eva stems from the hurt of course from the one-night stand gone bad, but also, imagine being hurt by someone you really had the hots for. Don't they also say (whomever "they" are) that there is a very fine line between love & hate. Just thinking out loud here.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they say about a woman scorned...I'm thinking that Deanna's hatred for the happiness of Gideon & Eva stems from the hurt of course from the one-night stand gone bad, but also, imagine being hurt by someone you really had the hots for. Don't they also say (whomever "they" are) that there is a very fine line between love & hate. Just thinking out loud here.

Hi Dgcaffeine,

You make many valid points.  What you describe sounds like a woman who had a long-standing relationship with someone and not a woman who met a man at a social gathering and agreed to a "quickie/one-night stand/booty call" etc. Wasn't it Shakespeare who penned the play; "Much Ado About Nothing"?  Oh please let the time pass quickly so we can get the next book in our hands...sigh!  :)

Hi Dgcaffeine,

You make many valid points.  What you describe sounds like a woman who had a long-standing relationship with someone and not a woman who met a man at a social gathering and agreed to a "quickie/one-night stand/booty call" etc. Wasn't it Shakespeare who penned the play; "Much Ado About Nothing"?  Oh please let the time pass quickly so we can get the next book in our hands...sigh!  :)

Well remember Eva clue ing Gideon in on the fact that women will go to crazy lengths to get him - Yes he is crazy rich but he's also extraordinarily handsome which makes him the total package. That being said I can see Deanna being more than put out by the fact that Gideon treated her like a - there's no way she's going to forget about how that felt no matter how many exclusives she gets.The question is how far she is prepared to take her revenge and if she will actually be satisfied with the exclusives...

The cathedral could be The Cathedral Church of St John the Devine if you want size.  I think Eva and Gideon would prefer their wedding be held at United Nations Chapel also known as the Church Center for the UN.  It is small so only close friends and family would attend the ceremony.  The Pierre on 61st Street and Fifth Avenue is the only only place the for the reception.  Better than The Waldorf or The Plaza.

Well remember Eva clue ing Gideon in on the fact that women will go to crazy lengths to get him - Yes he is crazy rich but he's also extraordinarily handsome which makes him the total package. That being said I can see Deanna being more than put out by the fact that Gideon treated her like a ###### - there's no way she's going to forget about how that felt no matter how many exclusives she gets.The question is how far she is prepared to take her revenge and if she will actually be satisfied with the exclusives...

But, I mean, come on. Yes, Gideon wasn't nice to her, rude really. What did she think was going to happen when you go home...not even his home..his hotel room, w/ someone you JUST MET. ....He says he didn't think he even spoke a dozen words to her. Maybe she's not used to being turned down/away. So it really bruised her ego. I just hope she gets over it and doesn't bother them anymore. She's at least getting something out of it now w/ the wedding exclusives.  It's not like Gideon told anyone about them, or that they work together and have to see each other. Just saying lol.

Can't wait for some info! Snippets! First chapter! Something :)  Maybe if they're going al lout...St. Patrick's is beautiful. I was originally thinking The Plaza for their reception at night....it's been renovated in the last few years. But maybe Gideon has a place. I forget which place Monica mentioned to Eva for June...but that's not going to happen lol. Autumn weddings are beautiful! Can't wait to read the descriptions!

But, I mean, come on. Yes, Gideon wasn't nice to her, rude really. What did she think was going to happen when you go home...not even his home..his hotel room, w/ someone you JUST MET. ....He says he didn't think he even spoke a dozen words to her. Maybe she's not used to being turned down/away. So it really bruised her ego. I just hope she gets over it and doesn't bother them anymore. She's at least getting something out of it now w/ the wedding exclusives.  It's not like Gideon told anyone about them, or that they work together and have to see each other. Just saying lol.

Can't wait for some info! Snippets! First chapter! Something :)  Maybe if they're going al lout...St. Patrick's is beautiful. I was originally thinking The Plaza for their reception at night....it's been renovated in the last few years. But maybe Gideon has a place. I forget which place Monica mentioned to Eva for June...but that's not going to happen lol. Autumn weddings are beautiful! Can't wait to read the descriptions!

I agree NYC in autumn is stunning and I think an early November wedding is possible. I think the guest list will be exclusively family and CLOSE friends so I think it can be done...

Well remember Eva clue ing Gideon in on the fact that women will go to crazy lengths to get him - Yes he is crazy rich but he's also extraordinarily handsome which makes him the total package. That being said I can see Deanna being more than put out by the fact that Gideon treated her like a ###### - there's no way she's going to forget about how that felt no matter how many exclusives she gets.The question is how far she is prepared to take her revenge and if she will actually be satisfied with the exclusives...

Hi Sscrph,

Gideon treated Deanna like a "booty call" which is exactly what she was given the circumstances.  Perhaps she was put off by the fact that his apathetic actions reminded her of this.

Could it be that once Deanna got the green light for the booty call from Gideon she was already started planning her wedding and picking out nursery furniture for the potential "future Cross" offspring?  Imagine Deanna's shock and horror in being dismissed so quickly...Surely Deanna must have been trying her se*ual best with Gideon...only to find out that she didn't "do" it for him and that she was be dismissed without the big "O". 

The big question is; is Deanna holding on to this hurt because of the way that she was spoken to or because of some foolish thought that if she managed to bag the Big, Bad, Gideon in bed (which she didn't), that would mean that she would get the keys to the Cross Kingdom...so to speak?  What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi Nathalia,

I agree with you.  I would love a Fall Wedding!  All of the leaves changing colour...sigh!  Beautiful!!  :)

I agree NYC in autumn is stunning and I think an early November wedding is possible. I think the guest list will be exclusively family and CLOSE friends so I think it can be done...

Which month are we in, for the Gideon and Eva saga?  Do you think that Monica would be able to pull off a late September/early October wedding? The sooner the better I say...:)

The Plaza Hotel or the Waldorf Astoria Hotel both have fabulous reception sites....so does Tavern on the Green...oh so many choices...now where is the groom?  :)

Hi Sscrph,

Gideon treated Deanna like a "booty call" which is exactly what she was given the circumstances.  Perhaps she was put off by the fact that his apathetic actions reminded her of this.

Could it be that once Deanna got the green light for the booty call from Gideon she was already started planning her wedding and picking out nursery furniture for the potential "future Cross" offspring?  Imagine Deanna's shock and horror in being dismissed so quickly...Surely Deanna must have been trying her se*ual best with Gideon...only to find out that she didn't "do" it for him and that she was be dismissed without the big "O". 

The big question is; is Deanna holding on to this hurt because of the way that she was spoken to or because of some foolish thought that if she managed to bag the Big, Bad, Gideon in bed (which she didn't), that would mean that she would get the keys to the Cross Kingdom...so to speak?  What do you think? What does everyone think?

I don't know Gigi could it be that she is still dreaming about his apparently very large P E N I S. L O L !!

Deanna just needs to get over it. Yea he acted like an Arse, but she agreed to back to his hotel. She didn't know he at all and has nobody to blame but herself for feeling used.

If everyone can look back to the beginning of book 3 when Gideon & Eva were lying in bed one morning discussing the one-night stand (so to speak) with Deanna. Gideon said, that at a function, Anne Lucas was making him feel uncomfortable & so he latched on to Deanna to rid himself of Anne. Deanna is a reporter. My guess is that she has had her eye on Gideon for quite a while. When Gideon treated her like crap, this cut her deeply. Also, at some point in the same book, Gideon said that Deanna is at many of the same functions & could possibly see how hooked he was on Eva. She was probably ticked that he had never taken such an interest in her or looked at her (Deanna) with any love in his eyes, as he obviously does with Eva.. Not everyone is sane when it comes to life's experiences or disappointments. I once worked with a woman who got upset when her ex-boyfriend didn't send her flowers on Valentine's Day. The ex was seeing someone else. I asked why she expected flowers from an ex & she replied..because we are still friends. (She was still hung up on him but he had moved on. She just didn't get it!..again, not everyone is sane.

If everyone can look back to the beginning of book 3 when Gideon & Eva were lying in bed one morning discussing the one-night stand (so to speak) with Deanna. Gideon said, that at a function, Anne Lucas was making him feel uncomfortable & so he latched on to Deanna to rid himself of Anne. Deanna is a reporter. My guess is that she has had her eye on Gideon for quite a while. When Gideon treated her like crap, this cut her deeply. Also, at some point in the same book, Gideon said that Deanna is at many of the same functions & could possibly see how hooked he was on Eva. She was probably ticked that he had never taken such an interest in her or looked at her (Deanna) with any love in his eyes, as he obviously does with Eva.. Not everyone is sane when it comes to life's experiences or disappointments. I once worked with a woman who got upset when her ex-boyfriend didn't send her flowers on Valentine's Day. The ex was seeing someone else. I asked why she expected flowers from an ex & she replied..because we are still friends. (She was still hung up on him but he had moved on. She just didn't get it!..again, not everyone is sane.

So true...So true....And this is exactly what makes Deanna an ever present threat to Eva. :(. :(

I think you bring up a good point Dgcaffeine.  Could it be that when Deanna saw Gideon and Eva together, it was like rubbing salt into an emotional wound.  She realized that she wasn't ever going to be anything more than a booty call at best?

Given the circumstances, could it be that Gideon chose the first available female closest to him (i.e. Deanna), in order to avoid Anne? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lady's have just been thinking why do Gideon not have trouble when he see other women but he does when he get with Eva

Hi tbidwell, Gideon wasn't in relationships with other women, those women were just for s*x. He & Eva are sharing their lives with each other & no matter how compatible you are with someone there will be arguments & disagreements...no two people agree on everything. Hope this helps.

I think you bring up a good point Dgcaffeine.  Could it be that when Deanna saw Gideon and Eva together, it was like rubbing salt into an emotional wound.  She realized that she wasn't ever going to be anything more than a booty call at best?

Given the circumstances, could it be that Gideon chose the first available female closest to him (i.e. Deanna), in order to avoid Anne?

I agree with this Gigi I think Deanna was at this event where Anne was also and I think Gideon put the moves on her or as Eva says just crooked his finger and she came running. She was probably salivating lol . I do not think there is anything more to the Deanna "hook-up" but I do wonder what she was referring to when she told Eva he had a "dark side". Eva assumed this was a sexual reference but maybe not so much what do you all think?

GiGi & sscrph, I like & agree with what both of you have said. Gideon wasn't interested in Deanna really...she was just a means to get rid of Anne. As far as Deanna saying Gideon having a dark side...according to Gideon they only spent that one time together (& he didn't finish)...he also said he barely spoke a few words to her. I'm just wondering if the dark side comment is coming from Deanna just spying/stalking him. What do you think?

GiGi & sscrph, I like & agree with what both of you have said. Gideon wasn't interested in Deanna really...she was just a means to get rid of Anne. As far as Deanna saying Gideon having a dark side...according to Gideon they only spent that one time together (& he didn't finish)...he also said he barely spoke a few words to her. I'm just wondering if the dark side comment is coming from Deanna just spying/stalking him. What do you think?

I don't know dgcaffeine as I said that comment has always bothered me and I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the Nathan mess...

I don't know dgcaffeine as I said that comment has always bothered me and I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the Nathan mess...

When Eva talked to Clancy when she was on her way to talk to her mom re 'bugs', he told her that he had problems keeping tabs on her and Nathan, until he could confirm Nathan was dead. Then he disabled the trackers he had on her. I really think Clancy had something to do with the bracelet because of this comment.

Agree about the beautiful cathedrals. But I see them with a society wedding at one of Gideon's properties. Also, to keep the press away, don't you think they will have to go with a private venue? Maybe even Monica and Stanton's place. Certainly not the Vidal home. I don't think Gideon could bear that.

If Deanna is getting an exclusive, don't you think she will get an invite?

Gideon wants to shout it from the highest hills so nothing private