The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

On August 5, 2013, Lionsgate acquired the television rights for Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series.  While picking the actors who play the characters maybe a pipe dream as was demonstrated by the casting of Fifty Shades Of Grey, we fans can use this forum to express our preferences for many other things.

I would hope that we could receive consideration for "fan favorite" scenes, dialogues and concepts as well as music, my personal favorite.

We know, I hope, that  Sylvia will write her story of Gideon and Eva no matter how many suggestions we list for the last two books on this forum.  But we also know some of us will see our choices from her books portrayed in the television series.

Since the publication date for Captivated by You has not been released as of today, we can fill our time by making suggestions from the first three books for now.

I do not want to be a party pooper so do fill free to post your personal choices for actors to play any character you like.

Have Fun!!!!

PS

For actors, remember Gideon is 6' 2" so hopefully your picks will be at least 6'.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On August 5, 2013, Lionsgate acquired the television rights for Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series.  While picking the actors who play the characters may be a pipe dream as was demonstrated by the casting of Fifty Shades Of Grey, we fans can use this forum to express our preferences for many other things.

I would hope that we could receive consideration for "fan favorite" scenes, dialogues and concepts as well as music, my personal favorite.

We know, I hope, that  Sylvia will write her story of Gideon and Eva no matter how many suggestions we list for the last two books on this forum.  But we also know some of us will see our choices from her books portrayed in the television series.

Since the publication date for Captivated by You has not been released as of today, we can fill our time by making suggestions from the first three books for now.

I do not want to be a party pooper so do feel free to post your personal choices for actors to play any character you like.

Have Fun!!!!

PS

For actors, remember Gideon is 6' 2" so hopefully your picks will be at least 6'.

I have several music suggestions posted under the "Music" topic.  I will copy them to this topic site as well.

Today I am adding "Misery" by Maroon 5 to describe Cary's relationship with Trey.  I also like "Treasure" by Bruno Mar for Gideon to use to describe Eva in the first chapter of "Bared to You" when he tells her "We're going to happen, Eva."

Treasure

Give me all, give me all, give me all attention baby

I got to tell you a little something about yourself
You're wonderful, flawless, ooh you're a sexy lady
But you walk around here like you wanna be someone else

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

I know that you don't know it, but you're fine, so fine
(fine, so fine)
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Oh girl I'm gonna show you when you're mine, oh mine(mine, oh mine)

Treasure, that is what you are
Honey you're my golden star
I know you could make my wish come true
If you let me treasure you

oh oooooh

Pretty girl, pretty girl, pretty girl you should be smiling
A girl like you should never look so blue
You're everything I see in my dreams
I wouldn't say that to you if it wasn't true

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

I know that you don't know it, but you're fine, so fine
(fine, so fine)

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

Oh girl I'm gonna show you when you're mine, oh mine(mine, oh mine)

I know you could make my wish come true

You are my treasure, you are my treasure
You are my treasure, yeah, you you you, you are
You are my treasure, you are my treasure
You are my treasure, yeah, you you you, you are

I know you can make my wish come true

I posted the message reprinted below under the "Music" topic.  People there seem to like it!

I have found one more song!  The first verse of "Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair" by Nina Simone.  I think of the second chapter of "Entwined With Me" when Eva wakes up next to a sleeping Gideon and she brushes his hair from his face

Black is the color of my true love's hair
His face so soft and wondrous fair
The purest eyes and the strongest hands
I love the ground on where he stands
Of my true love's hair

Oh, I love my lover and well he knows
Yes, I love the ground on where he goes
And still I hope that the time will come
When he and I will be as one

Sylvia's comments on Henry Cavill as Gideon

vk-4.jpgHenry Cavill looking like Gideon Cross

We know that there's news of a television series based on the Crossfire series. What is it about Henry Cavill that makes you think he would make a great Gideon?

Most importantly, he’s the right age. Choosing an actor who isn’t yet thirty is very important to me. Also, Henry is beautiful. Who doesn’t love looking at him? He also conveys vulnerability and longing very well. In the last season of The Tudors, when Brandon fell in love with Brigitte, Henry was stunning in his display of yearning and hopelessness, and love.

That said, I’ve been talking with the producers about the story and their plans for the show, and I trust that they’ll find the perfect Gideon. They’re big fans of Gideon and Eva, and they’re paying attention to what the readers want and what I want and what will do justice to the story. I’m thrilled to be working with Lionsgate on Crossfire and I’m excited about their vision for the series — which is my vision in living color — coming to fruition.

Sylvia's comments on Henry Cavill as Gideon

vk-4.jpgHenry Cavill looking like Gideon Cross

We know that there's news of a television series based on the Crossfire series. What is it about Henry Cavill that makes you think he would make a great Gideon?

Most importantly, he’s the right age. Choosing an actor who isn’t yet thirty is very important to me. Also, Henry is beautiful. Who doesn’t love looking at him? He also conveys vulnerability and longing very well. In the last season of The Tudors, when Brandon fell in love with Brigitte, Henry was stunning in his display of yearning and hopelessness, ###### and love.

That said, I’ve been talking with the producers about the story and their plans for the show, and I trust that they’ll find the perfect Gideon. They’re big fans of Gideon and Eva, and they’re paying attention to what the readers want and what I want and what will do justice to the story. I’m thrilled to be working with Lionsgate on Crossfire and I’m excited about their vision for the series — which is my vision in living color — coming to fruition.

Hi Betty,

Thanks for taking the time to post this comment.  It is also a great photo...sigh!  :)

Hi Everyone,

I was watching a program last night and Clint Eastwood's son was being interviewed.  Wowie freaking Zowie ladies!!!  This was one very good looking young man!!!  He got every single good looking gene from both of his parents and he appears to be of similar height and eye colour.  He is also extremely humble and very well spoken.  What does everyone think?

Hello ladies!!!!!

It's only 11.15 a.m. here in Italy and I'm already salivating!!!!!!! lol

Frisky Friday has turned into Wilde Saturday, but you can't help it when Henry is around!     :wub:  :wub:

I don't know how C. Eastwood's son looks like, I'll google him for sure.

Hello ladies!!!!!

It's only 11.15 a.m. here in Italy and I'm already salivating!!!!!!! lol

Frisky Friday has turned into Wilde Saturday, but you can't help it when Henry is around!     :wub:  :wub:

I don't know how C. Eastwood's son looks like, I'll google him for sure.

Hi Gabri,

I made a boo boo...sigh!  I watched the interview with Scott Eastwood and all I saw was a close up of his eyes.  I then googled him and I have to say, I was a little disappointed...sigh!  He doesn't photograph as well. 

I am sorry, he doesn't compare to the most beautiful HC!  I must keep my fingers crossed that against all odds he will be selected to play Gideon.  :)

I just watched a show about how television has changed recently.  With my new found knowledge, I would like to make a proposal to Lionsgate (if you are reading this):

Film all five books at one time and present the results on television like Netflix presented "House Of Cards".  The entire first season of House of Cards,13 episodes, premiered on the same day.  This option for the Crossfire series is fabulous.  Your audience will love you for it.

First, this type of production might make more actors available becuase it would be a long movie shot rather than a comment of years.

Second, sets and locations would not have to be maintained and/or retained for as long.

Third, you can present your finished product when interest is at its peak.

Fourth, the series already has a beginning, middle and end.  It is not a story that will continue like a regular television show where new scripts are presented each season until writers run out of ideas.  It suits the format of a movie but a movie made like a mini-series which allows for character development and details that are so often lost when books are made into movies for the big screen.

Fifth, many of your viewers will already have read all the books so there is no suspense.

(Another idea would be to present it like "Roots".  Then you could keep people watching for weeks!)

Based on the views of this forum, your primary audience cannot wait for the last two books.  And if you give us the right cast in your television show, we will ask Santa to put the box set under our Christmas trees or ask Cupid to bring the set for  Valentine's Day with our chocolate and flowers.

I just watched a show about how television has changed recently.  With my new found knowledge, I would like to make a proposal to Lionsgate (if you are reading this):

Film all five books at one time and present the results on television like Netflix presented "House Of Cards".  The entire first season of House of Cards,13 episodes, premiered on the same day.  This option for the Crossfire series is fabulous.  Your audience will love you for it.

First, this type of production might make more actors available becuase it would be a long movie shot rather than a comment of years.

Second, sets and locations would not have to be maintained and/or retained for as long.

Third, you can present your finished product when interest is at its peak.

Fourth, the series already has a beginning, middle and end.  It is not a story that will continue like a regular television show where new scripts are presented each season until writers run out of ideas.  It suits the format of a movie but a movie made like a mini-series which allows for character development and details that are so often lost when books are made into movies for the big screen.

Fifth, many of your viewers will already have read all the books so there is no suspense.

(Another idea would be to present it like "Roots".  Then you could keep people watching for weeks!)

Based on the views of this forum, your primary audience cannot wait for the last two books.  And if you give us the right cast in your television show, we will ask Santa to put the box set under our Christmas trees or ask Cupid to bring the set for  Valentine's Day with our chocolate and flowers.

Hi Betty totally agree with all of your points. Mini-series are great opportunities for the actors and viewers because they both don't have to devote their lives to a weekly series just weekly for a short period of time. That way they can attract some big talent and a lot of viewers... I say it's a win-win.... LIONSGATE are you LISTENING???