The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon tells Eva in chapter one of "Reflected in You" that he first saw her outside "On the sidewalk" before she entered the Crossfire Building.  Since this event happens in the first chapter of "Bared to You", do you think the scene should be played as Eva saw it or as Gideon did?

Eva did not see Gideon or the Bentley on her way into the building.  Gideon saw her walking down the street toward his building, watched her admire the Crossfire from the outside, then walk inside.

I would like to see the Bared to You scene played out from Gideon's perspective but without showing his face until Eva sees him standing in front of her.

What do you think?

I agree I like Henry Cavill, he has an accent, blue eyes and can make me swoon, look at me! I'm doing it now! Although he is not that good in dramas I'd love to see James Franco as G so his brother can play Chris lol. I love his brother. I also like Adrian Grenier (who is 6') but he doesn't seem too Gideonish.

I think it could be a five season show (since it's five books) and every episode can be 30 min to an hour or so and have about 5 chapters in each episode.

I just watched a show about how television has changed recently.  With my new found knowledge, I would like to make a proposal to Lionsgate (if you are reading this):

Film all five books at one time and present the results on television like Netflix presented "House Of Cards".  The entire first season of House of Cards,13 episodes, premiered on the same day.  This option for the Crossfire series is fabulous.  Your audience will love you for it.

First, this type of production might make more actors available becuase it would be a long movie shot rather than a comment of years.

Second, sets and locations would not have to be maintained and/or retained for as long.

Third, you can present your finished product when interest is at its peak.

Fourth, the series already has a beginning, middle and end.  It is not a story that will continue like a regular television show where new scripts are presented each season until writers run out of ideas.  It suits the format of a movie but a movie made like a mini-series which allows for character development and details that are so often lost when books are made into movies for the big screen.

Fifth, many of your viewers will already have read all the books so there is no suspense.

(Another idea would be to present it like "Roots".  Then you could keep people watching for weeks!)

Based on the views of this forum, your primary audience cannot wait for the last two books.  And if you give us the right cast in your television show, we will ask Santa to put the box set under our Christmas trees or ask Cupid to bring the set for  Valentine's Day with our chocolate and flowers.

Hi Betty,

I really like the idea of a mini-series!  Now all I need is for Santa to place that Bentley SUV and the boxed-set of the Crossfire Series underneath my Christmas tree!  :D

I think they will start out with BTY nd see how it goes. If it does well they will do Reflected and so on. I love the idea of filming them all at once. It would allow actors to look the same since each book is only a month or so. I cannot wait.

Great idea GLH.  It would be important for the mini-series to be filmed all at once and not to have some huge potential time lapse, etc.

We know the actor who plays Gideon has to play sex scenes (for reference check out Henry Cavill as Charles Brandon in "The Tudors") but he needs to have dramatic skills too

I think Lionsgate should use the scene at the end of chapter 18 in "Reflected in You" for auditions. Gideon and Eva are in his Mercedes after he picks her up at Dr. Terrence Lucas' office. This is when he tells her about the abuse he experienced.

Do you have any suggestions? I purposefully picked a scene without sex.

Listening to music I thought Beyonce's "Halo" recorded by a guy would be good music for the end of chapter 18 after Gideon tells Eva how he had been abused as a child

"Remember those walls I built 
Well, baby they're tumbling down 
And they didn't even put up a fight 
They didn't even make a sound 

I found a way to let you in 
But I never really had a doubt 
Standing in the light of your halo 
I got my angel now 

It's like I've been awakened 
Every rule I had you breakin' 
It's the risk that I'm takin' 
I ain't never gonna shut you out 

Everywhere I'm looking now 
I'm surrounded by your embrace 
Baby I can see your halo 
You know you're my saving grace 

You're everything I need and more 
It's written all over your face 
Baby I can feel your halo 
Pray it won't fade away 

I can feel your halo halo halo"

(This is not the entire song)

I do not have a singer in mind.  Any suggestions?

Listening to music I thought Beyonce's "Halo" recorded by a guy would be good music for the end of chapter 18 after Gideon tells Eva how he had been abused as a child

"Remember those walls I built Well, baby they're tumbling down And they didn't even put up a fight They didn't even make a sound I found a way to let you in But I never really had a doubt Standing in the light of your halo I got my angel now It's like I've been awakened Every rule I had you breakin' It's the risk that I'm takin' I ain't never gonna shut you out Everywhere I'm looking now I'm surrounded by your embrace Baby I can see your halo You know you're my saving grace You're everything I need and more It's written all over your face Baby I can feel your halo Pray it won't fade away I can feel your halo halo halo"

(This is not the entire song)

I do not have a singer in mind.  Any suggestions?

OMG these lyrics are written for GidEva!!

MV5BMTQzMTU1NDg1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYz

How about Theo James as Cary Taylor?

For Carey I see no one other than Ian Lynch. He's on a LOGO showed titled 1girl5gays and I think he is soooo HOT! He has a straight twin brother but he is not half as hot as him.

'>

Late night partying Carey: https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/687523116/bruiser.jpg

Hi everyone. My personal choice for Gideon Cross is Henry Cavill (who seems to be a popular choice) :D. He's tall, muscular and has long dark hair and amazing hair. haha. My choice for Eva (apart from me .. ;) ) would be Scarlet Johannson she's super cute and has the right figure. :D. Just a suggestion for the soundtrack a few tracks off Lana Del Ray's album would be perfect, her voice is amazing and her songs are the right mix of slow/ romantic and sexy. :D

Hi MegansCoils and Vikki Sixx

I like your comments and suggestions.

v

I like the look of Ian and I like Scarlet too.  I will look up Lana Del Ray because i am not familar with her.  I tend to find specific songs for specific scenes or events.  I posted several on the "Music" topic alreadylike

Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man" for Brett when he finally realizes Eva is Gideons

This song is from the Broadway musical "Wicked" for Corinne when she learns Gideon has chosen Eva

"I'm Not That Girl"

Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl

Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in

Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl

Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl...

Hi MegansCoils and Vikki Sixx

I like your comments and suggestions.

v

I like the look of Ian and I like Scarlet too.  I will look up Lana Del Ray because i am not familar with her.  I tend to find specific songs for specific scenes or events.  I posted several on the "Music" topic alreadylike

Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man" for Brett when he finally realizes Eva is Gideons

This song is from the Broadway musical "Wicked" for Corinne when she learns Gideon has chosen Eva

"I'm Not That Girl"

Hands touch, eyes meet

Sudden silence, sudden heat

Hearts leap in a giddy whirl

He could be that boy

But I'm not that girl

Don't dream too far

Don't lose sight of who you are

Don't remember that rush of joy

He could be that boy

I'm not that girl

Ev'ry so often we long to steal

To the land of what-might-have-been

But that doesn't soften the ache we feel

When reality sets back in

Blithe smile, lithe limb

She who's winsome, she wins himGold hair with a gentle curlThat's the girl he chose

And Heaven knows

I'm not that girl

Don't wish, don't start

Wishing only wounds the heart

I wasn't born for the rose and the pearlThere's a girl I knowHe loves her so

I'm not that girl...

Yes Betty this is perfect!!

You know your memory is bad when you read Crossfire and do not think of this song.  I apologize for not presenting it to you sooner

Close your eyes, make a wish
And blow out the candlelight
For tonight is just your night
We're gonna celebrate all through the night

Pour the wine, light the fire
Girl, your wish is my command
I submit to your demands
I will do anything, girl, you need only ask

I'll make love to you like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight, baby, all through the night
I'll make love to you when you want me to
And I will not let go 'til you tell me to

Girl relax, let's go slow
I ain't got nowhere to go
I'm just gonna concentrate on you
Girl, are you ready? It's gonna be a long night

Throw your clothes on the floor
I'm gonna take my clothes off too
I made plans to be with you
Girl, whatever you ask me, you know I will do

Baby, tonight is your night

And I will do you right
Just make a wish on your night
Anything that you ask
I will give you the love of your life

(I'll make love)
(Hold you tight)
(I'll make love)

(I'll make love)
(Hold you tight)
I'll make love toyou when you want me to
(I'll make love)

Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Picture their wedding night!!!

Just read "Meet Sylvia" at sylviaday.com.  Now I understand references like "Gray's Papaya", "John's Pizza" and "Junior's for cheesecake."  Spoken like a true New Yorker.

I have been having trouble finding a place for Gideon's penthouse.  The one building I found that has Central Park and skyscrapers is the Sherry Netherland at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 59th street.  If you go farther uptown, you lose the skyscrapers as the backdrop from Gideon's office windows.

Watching Jeopardy tonight - Did anybody know Seven-11 sells blueberry coffee?

I found another song that I think is great for the series

(Everything I Do) I Do It For You

by Bryan Adams

Look into my eyes, you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you

Look into your heart, you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you
Oh yeah

There's no love, like your love
And no other, could give more love
There's nowhere, unless you're there
All the time, all the way, yeah

Look into your heart, baby

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah I'd die for you

You know it's true
Everything I do, oh, I do it for you

Everything I do, darling
And we'll see it through
Oh we'll see it through
Oh yeah

Yeah!

Look into your heart
You can't tell me it ain't worth dying for
Oh yeah

I'll be there, yeah

I'll walk the wire
Oh, yeah

I'm going all the way, all they way, yeah

So many of the words in this song come right out of Gideon's mouth almost verbatim.

I could hear it as an instrumental background on his way to kill Nathan but the words would need to song at an earlier point in the show for the meaning to be known

I know this was in the Robin Hood movie with Kevin Costner but it is so good for Gideon.

OPINION

Just listened to the bedroom scene that took place the Thursday morning before premier of the video for "Golden". The scene is in chapter 15 of "Entwined with You", Gideon tells Eva how he wants to be with her and "I'll make you happy the rest of your life." That conversation reminded me why Crossfire is special.

Sylvia has written some of the most romantically moving words spoken by a male character.

Sylvia Day is not writing the screenplay. She has said that. It will be very important for the screenplay writer who does bring these characters to life on television to remember Gideon the actor must speak like Gideon in the book.