The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

OPINION

Just listened to the bedroom scene that took place the Thursday morning before premier of the video for "Golden". The scene is in chapter 15 of "Entwined with You", Gideon tells Eva how he wants to be with her and "I'll make you happy the rest of your life." That conversation reminded me why Crossfire is special.

Sylvia has written some of the most romantically moving words spoken by a male character.

Sylvia Day is not writing the screenplay. She has said that. It will be very important for the screenplay writer who does bring these characters to life on television to remember Gideon the actor must speak like Gideon in the book.

That is my absolute favorite scene of EWY. I have read it numerous times. It is so intimate, passionate and riveting. It's GidEva at their obsessed best. Sylvia outdid herself on that scene and many others of course but that one is special. That's why you can't get the books out of your head!! :). :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a song originally recorded by Janice Joplin.  When I listened to it today I pictured Eva on her way to lunch with Mark and Steven at the Bryant Park Grill ....when she runs into Gideon.  

"Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart"

Oh, come on, come on, come on, come on!

Didn't i make you feel like you were the only man ¡º yeah!
An' didn't i give you nearly everything that a woman possibly can ?
Honey, you know i did!
And each time i tell myself that i, well i think i've had enough,
But i'm gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough.

I want you to come on, come on, come on, come on and take it,
Take it!
Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!
Oh, oh, break it!
Break another little bit of my heart now, darling, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Oh, oh, have a!
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby,
You know you got it if it makes you feel good,
Oh, yes indeed.

You're out on the streets looking good,
And baby deep down in your heart i guess you know that it ain't right,
Never, never, never, never, never, never hear me when i cry at night,
Babe, and i cry all the time!
But each time i tell myself that i, well i can't stand the pain,
But when you hold me in your arms, i'll sing it once again.

I'll say come on, come on, come on, come on and take it!
Take it!

Take another little piece of my heart now, baby.Oh, oh, break it!

Break another little bit of my heart now, darling, yeah,
Oh, oh, have a!
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby,
You know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.

I need you to come on, come on, come on, come on and take it,
Take it!
Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!
Oh, oh, break it!
Break another little bit of my heart, now darling, yeah, c'mon now.
Oh, oh, have a
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby.
You know you got it ¡º whoahhhhh!!

Take it!
Take it! take another little piece of my heart now, baby,
Oh, oh, break it!
Break another little bit of my heart, now darling, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Oh, oh, have a
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby, hey,
You know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.

I know other places in the story are good too but the line "Yeah, out on the street" really made it fit that scene.

That is my absolute favorite scene of EWY. I have read it numerous times. It is so intimate, passionate and riveting. It's GidEva at their obsessed best. Sylvia outdid herself on that scene and many others of course but that one is special. That's why you can't get the books out of your head!! :). :)

She also gave Jax some pretty romantic words in Aftershock.  

I am counting the days until I get my hands on the hard copy of Aftershock.  I will have to read very quickly (which is an oxymoron considering that I read like a turtle), but I will do my best to catch up with you and the other ladies.  :)

I am counting the days until I get my hands on the hard copy of Aftershock.  I will have to read very quickly (which is an oxymoron considering that I read like a turtle), but I will do my best to catch up with you and the other ladies.  :)

It's a quick read so you can catch up in no time :)

As soon as I read Brett with the tattoo sleeves I thought of Adam Levine and Maroon 5.  He's older, 34, then Brett but I think he could pull it off.

There are definitely other candidates but I think most viewers would be happy with this Brett

I thought that too, but Brett is describe as being more muscular than Gideon? Levine is very thin....trying to think of a bulkier tattooed rocker lol

I loved Aftershock can't wait for Afterburn that should kill some time before CBY...

Can't wait for Aftershock too!! Have you two checked out the other thread?

I thought that too, but Brett is describe as being more muscular than Gideon? Levine is very thin....trying to think of a bulkier tattooed rocker lol

Can't wait for Aftershock too!! Have you two checked out the other thread?

No where do you find it?

Today I read an interview that Sylvia gave. She discussed her expectations regarding the production of the Crossfire series by Lionsgate and that she expected they would include all the scenes necessary to present Eva's and Gideon's stories.

Being mainly familiar with American network television, presenting a significant amount of the content of these books will be difficult. I understand cable networks are more open and Sylvia stated she expected the series would be made for cable television. She recommended watching The Tudors with Henry Cavill and Games of Thrones as examples of well done television.

In the interview, Sylvia mentioned the limo scene as being pivotal because it introduces so much about the main characters. I think the flight to the Caribbean and the scene in the Vidal library along with the shower where Gideon helps Eva work through her fears after her nightmare are also extreme important to be produced.

Today I read an interview that Sylvia gave. She discussed her expectations regarding the production of the Crossfire series by Lionsgate and that she expected they would include all the scenes necessary to present Eva's and Gideon's stories.

Being mainly familiar with American network television, presenting a significant amount of the content of these books will be difficult. I understand cable networks are more open and Sylvia stated she expected the series would be made for cable television. She recommended watching The Tudors with Henry Cavill and Games of Thrones as examples of well done television.

In the interview, Sylvia mentioned the limo scene as being pivotal because it introduces so much about the main characters. I think the flight to the Caribbean and the scene in the Vidal library along with the shower where Gideon helps Eva work through her fears after her nightmare are also extreme important to be produced.

Sylvia has always said in every interview that the Cable series of the books will be in keeping with the books so we must go with what she is saying.

Those scenes will be difficult to get over and yes Cable companies are a bit more relaxed.  The Tudors was a UK Production and living in the UK I know that we have a watershed time where there are no sexual or abusive scenes allowed to be shown prior to 9pm but after that is fine, Tudors was done by a cable company and therefore the production style was a bit more relaxed and I think this is how it will be shown by Lionsgate.  As this is still ongoing I don't think there is any point to speculate what will be done or acted out until it goes into production.

We would all love Henry Cavill to play Gideon, we have said that since day 1 but we have to wait and see what the casting people think

I am not worried about how Lionsgate will deal with the se xual scenes at all.  I watch Showtime and HBO all the time.  Let's remember that BEHIND THE CANDLEABRA  (sp) just won as best TV movie.  The shower scene could be an issue but a good director should be able to handle that.  (pardon the pun).  The se x is great fun to read and chemistry between actors can capture without seeing all the body parts.  Remember back in the olden days when movies showed no skin?  Some of the hottest scenes I have ever seen.  The most important part with this series is the casting.  There has to be sizzle between the actors who play E and G.  They have to LOOK like the way Sylvia has described them.  With E and G the scenes are making love most of the time and our imagination is so able to go there.  Even the first encounter in the limo should be easy for a good director.  For cable, as long as a p enis or v agina is not seen, the rest of the body is just fine.  

Since Crossfire not only is a wonderful love story but a presentation on the effect of childhood sexual abuse, perhaps Lionsgate could include a public service announcement. Gideon spoke of the statute of limitations preventing him from getting justice against Hugh but now the New York legislature and those in several other states have or are seeking to make it easier for victims to pursue justice as adults.

"At Last" feels like a perfect song for the first dance of Eva and Gideon at their New York wedding.

These are Beyoncé lyrics so they might be slightly different from Etta James

At last my love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Oh yeah, yeah

At last the skies above are blue

My heart was wrapped up in clover

The night I looked at you

I found a dream that I could speak to

A dream that I can call my own

I found a thrill to press my cheek to

A thrill that I have never known

Oh yeah, you smile, you smile

Oh, and then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

For you are mine at last

Read more: Beyonce Knowles - At Last Lyrics | MetroLyrics

"At Last" feels like a perfect song for the first dance of Eva and Gideon at their New York wedding.

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Oh yeah, yeah

For you are mine at last

Betty this is soooo perfect...

Love  that song.  The Etta James version is the best.  I don't know one wedding where this hasn't been played.  It was my daughter and son-in-law's first dance.  Perfect.

It certainly is a beautiful song GLH.  On this one, I will have to agree with you.  I absolutely loved Etta James' rendition of the song.  Her voice is so soulfull, I gett goose bumps just thinking about it.  :)

It certainly is a beautiful song GLH.  On this one, I will have to agree with you.  I absolutely loved Etta James' rendition of the song.  Her voice is so soulfull, I gett goose bumps just thinking about it.  :)

We all know Etta was the best but she died last year so I thought since it is Gideon's wedding he could get Beyoncé because she played Etta in movie called "Cadillac" about the Cadillac Record Company

Since Crossfire not only is a wonderful love story but a presentation on the effect of childhood sexual abuse, perhaps Lionsgate could include a public service announcement. Gideon spoke of the statute of limitations preventing him from getting justice against Hugh but now the New York legislature and those in several other states have or are seeking to make it easier for victims to pursue justice as adults.

I really don't think a production company will do a PSA before a series starts, there are lots of drama series and films out there just now that covers this abuse and violence without a PSA.  Lionsgate are a reputable company and have dealt with all sorts of films and TV Drama's to know what is the best way to incorporate these issues with taste.  

I trust that they will not only make an amazing series but will also do it tastefully :)

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Oh yeah, yeah

For you are mine at last

This is a lovely song but maybe best in the Music Thread not in this thread :)

I might be behind on the news, but I am a bit confused.  Some people have referenced that Lionsgate is making a movie from the Crossfire series, but I thought it was going to be a TV series.  Also has anyone heard if/when production starts?

It is a television show.  Sylvia mentioned it will be on Showtime but that wasn't confirmed.  She did say it will stay true to the books.  My guess is they will do each book in the 12 week mini-seasons that are so popular on cable.  The actors and producers love them because they are money makers and the actors are available to do other projects.