The Lionsgate Production of the Crossfire Series

BettyY37

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lyrics below were performed by Della Reese.  You can find her performance on "YouTube".  I thought it would make a good waltz for Gideon and Eva at the advocacy dinner but if sung, then it should be by a man

Don't you know 

I have fallen in love with you 

For the rest of my whole life through 

Don't you know 

I was yours from the very day 

That you happened to come my way 

Can't you see 

I'm under your spell 

By the look in my eyes 

Can't you tell, can't you tell 

Now, don't you know 

Every beat of my heart keeps crying out 

I love you so 

Don't you know 

Don't you know 

Every beat of my heart keeps crying out 

I love you so 

Don't you know

The song was adapted from an aria ("Musetta's Waltz") from Puccini's La Boheme.

I also put this in the "Music" topic

I really don't think a production company will do a PSA before a series starts, there are lots of drama series and films out there just now that covers this abuse and violence without a PSA.  Lionsgate are a reputable company and have dealt with all sorts of films and TV Drama's to know what is the best way to incorporate these issues with taste.  

I trust that they will not only make an amazing series but will also do it tastefully :)

Hi Sheens,

I am sure that Lionsgate will do a good job with the series.  I never had any doubt...Wait...there's one doubt; how long will we have to wait before we the "general public", get to see this mini-series?  Will we have to wait for years while endless casting decisions are made?  We may actually end up losing great actors while they continue to "age" waiting for a decision.  :)

Hi GiGi, Rob James-Collier is one of our choices to play Gideon. Actually, ...so far he's my #1 choice. What do think of him?

He's not a bad choice Dgcaffeine.  He has many nice qualities.  I think I still really like HC for the role, but I know that in reality that may not happen (although when he was asked if he would consider the role of Gideon, he said yes).  Who knows...:)

Good afternoon everybody!

Rob is really good-looking, and I really liked him in Downton Abbey, but IMO his gaze lacks in helplessness...maybe it's only the wrong pic.

Hi GiGi & Gabri, we all have our own tastes, don't we. I'm of the belief that most of us will not be happy with the actor chosen to play Gideon, (as per that other series turned movie).I just hope that the person chosen does the role justice. That's all I can ask for.

Hi GiGi & Gabri, we all have our own tastes, don't we. I'm of the belief that most of us will not be happy with the actor chosen to play Gideon, (as per that other series turned movie).I just hope that the person chosen does the role justice. That's all I can ask for.

Hi Dgcaffeine,

I hope that we are pleasantly surprised by the casting decisions.  I just hope that they don't leave the decision making process, to linger for too long.  I think that fans may end up losing interest and that some really viable choices for actors, may become ineligible.  :)

Hello dogcaffeine  :)

I agree with you 100%!!! Far from me to sound judgemental. You're right, being truthful to the character is going to be a challenge within a challenge for whomever will be playing Gideon, or Christian Grey at that.

Lionsgate missed a great publicity opportunity.  Forbes magazine published the 15 richest fictional characters.  Gideon Cross should have been #5 instead of Charles Foster Kane of "Citizen Kane" at $11.2B.  Number 4 was Tony Stark, "Ironman" at $12.4B.

Those of us who follow this site are already fans but think of the "buzz" for the upcoming television series for those who do not yet know about Gideon plus great publicity for the whole Crossfire book series.

Lionsgate missed a great publicity opportunity.  Forbes magazine published the 15 richest fictional characters.  Gideon Cross should have been #5 instead of Charles Foster Kane of "Citizen Kane" at $11.2B.  Number 4 was Tony Stark, "Ironman" at $12.4B.

Those of us who follow this site are already fans but think of the "buzz" for the upcoming television series for those who do not yet know about Gideon plus great publicity for the whole Crossfire book series.

who were numbers 1 , 2 , 3  ?  Was Christian Grey one of the fictional characters?  What number was Gideon Cross?

Hi Sheens,

I am sure that Lionsgate will do a good job with the series.  I never had any doubt...Wait...there's one doubt; how long will we have to wait before we the "general public", get to see this mini-series?  Will we have to wait for years while endless casting decisions are made?  We may actually end up losing great actors while they continue to "age" waiting for a decision.  :)

I know what you are saying here GiGi, I hope it is not as long as waiting for the books to come out LOL

Hi Dgcaffeine,

I hope that we are pleasantly surprised by the casting decisions.  I just hope that they don't leave the decision making process, to linger for too long.  I think that fans may end up losing interest and that some really viable choices for actors, may become ineligible.  :)

This is my greatest concern after this enormous mess that is the FSOG movie.  To me, if I were head of PR, I would be looking to cast the series ASAP so that when the last of the 5 books is out, the series follows shortly thereafter.  Biggest bang for your buck.  Strike while the iron is hot.  That whole thing.  Some movies/TV shows can take years to put together.  I get that.  But when something is a cult hit like FSOG and perhaps CROSSFIRE it is stupid to waste time.

This is my greatest concern after this enormous mess that is the FSOG movie.  To me, if I were head of PR, I would be looking to cast the series ASAP so that when the last of the 5 books is out, the series follows shortly thereafter.  Biggest bang for your buck.  Strike while the iron is hot.  That whole thing.  Some movies/TV shows can take years to put together.  I get that.  But when something is a cult hit like FSOG and perhaps CROSSFIRE it is stupid to waste time.

Hi GLH, I agree with you 100%. The Crossfire movies/tv series need to be released very soon after book 5 has been in retail. As someone has said in a thread, the erotica genre is hot right now & readers will move on & fall in love with another fictional couple. Personally, I love Sylvia & her writing..in my opinion she is in a class by herself & I know the delays between books has not been a fault of hers at all. Saying all that, I will NEVER buy books in a series again until all have been released. The waiting is torture & there are millions of books out there that I can read in the meantime. There...I've had my rant. Thanks for listening everyone.

Hi GLH, I agree with you 100%. The Crossfire movies/tv series need to be released very soon after book 5 has been in retail. As someone has said in a thread, the erotica genre is hot right now & readers will move on & fall in love with another fictional couple. Personally, I love Sylvia & her writing..in my opinion she is in a class by herself & I know the delays between books has not been a fault of hers at all. Saying all that, I will NEVER buy books in a series again until all have been released. The waiting is torture & there are millions of books out there that I can read in the meantime. There...I've had my rant. Thanks for listening everyone.

I completely get your point.  I think part of the reason the FSOG books were so incredibly popular is because you could go from one book to the next.  I did.  Read the whole story in 2 weeks.

I completely get your point.  I think part of the reason the FSOG books were so incredibly popular is because you could go from one book to the next.  I did.  Read the whole story in 2 weeks.

Same with me, GLH. I read the 3 books in just weeks myself. I need that sense of completion with the crossfire series.

I agree with everyone about getting the books/movies out.  I read FSOG summer of 2012 so all the books were out at that time. I have nothing wrong with series being spread across time and having readers wait but I think 2-5 mts should be long enough so you reread and have discussions. A year is waaaay too long. People begin to forget when there are other things to play with. I picked up FSOG in the airport and by the time  I was flying back home I was finishing up Fifty Freed. People are already talking about not wanting to see the movie because of certain actors so they better spit this movie out while some people still care. I am part of the waiting 'till Netflix crew.

• 1 month later...